It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

antrad88: In the Camera mod I wrote a note:

"Increasing Maximum Camera Distance over 18 moves the fog closer towards the player. Use Plus6 or Plus12 versions of See Far to push the fog back by 6 or 12 meters to intended distance."

If you open the game, you will see 18 is default "Maximum camera distance" and it can go to 30. So, if you set it to 30, this means you changed it by 12, but it will also move the fog 12 meters towards the player which is a flaw. So, you then use "Plus12" versions of the See Far files (for example sf_SeeFar100_Plus12.dsres) which will fix this flaw. Use Plus6 if you changed it by 6.
Yeah, I seem to have mixed up draw and camera distance....sorry about that. :)

Also so lemme get this straight: I use the plus 6 or 12 files if I go over 18 draw distance by those amount respectively....I am guessing I toss the correct one(to the draw distance i'm using) in the correct folder? Correct?

antrad88: As for the books, I don't know about a mod like that. You should search for something like a inventory size increase mod. There are a bunch of these on this website:
http://ds.gemsite.org//web/index.php/mods/gui-view/GET/detail-28
Yeah, an inventory increase mod is also good for my case.....as they(imo) were very stingy with the inventory space for stuff like books/etc(why books need 3 space or so per book and/or why they aren't just dumped into a documents list like some games escapes me ;;)).

So any you recommend from that list, if I may ask? :)
GameRager: Yeah, I seem to have mixed up draw and camera distance....sorry about that. :)

Also so lemme get this straight: I use the plus 6 or 12 files if I go over 18 draw distance by those amount respectively....I am guessing I toss the correct one(to the draw distance i'm using) in the correct folder? Correct?

Yeah, an inventory increase mod is also good for my case.....as they(imo) were very stingy with the inventory space for stuff like books/etc(why books need 3 space or so per book and/or why they aren't just dumped into a documents list like some games escapes me ;;)).

So any you recommend from that list, if I may ask? :)
Ha, you mixed it again, 18 is camera distance. Let me give you some examples.

Example 1:
a) you want to increase maximum camera distance by 6 meters
b) you want to increase terrain draw distance and move away fog by 50%

1. Copy the Camera mod files according to instructions.
2. Copy the "sf_SeeFar50_Plus6.dsres" file according to instructions.
3. Start a new game, go to options menu and move the Maximum Camera Distance slider from 18 to 24.

Example 2:
a) you ONLY want to increase terrain draw distance and move away fog by 50%

1. Copy the "sf_SeeFar50.dsres" file according to instructions.

Personally I have not used any inventory mods, so I can't recommend any.
Post edited February 29, 2020 by antrad88
antrad88: Example 2:
a) you ONLY want to increase terrain draw distance and move away fog by 50%

1. Copy the "sf_SeeFar50.dsres" file according to instructions.
Sounds good....I like mainly increasing draw distance.

antrad88: Personally I have not used any inventory mods, so I can't recommend any.
No problem.

Also I see you MIGHT textures/etc for the expansion as well....nice. :D
GameRager: Also I see you MIGHT textures/etc for the expansion as well....nice. :D
Yes, but I will first make a loong break from Dungeon Siege. After updating the textures for months and now this, I can barely look at the game icon on my desktop :)
antrad88: Yes, but I will first make a loong break from Dungeon Siege. After updating the textures for months and now this, I can barely look at the game icon on my desktop :)
Seeing the Krug everywhere now, are ya? ;D

But it's ok....take yer time...I just wanted to say that IF you do it it'll be fun to play when/if it comes. :)

Now go enjoy some games(besides this one, that is). :D
Bumping for visibility, since the DS series finally arrived.
antrad88:
Also, had this thread bookmarked but never said thank you. Well, thanks a lot for your work! Will definitely try it now.
Post edited April 29, 2020 by Vythonaut
Vythonaut: Bumping for visibility, since the DS series finally arrived.
antrad88:
Vythonaut: Also, had this thread bookmarked but never said thank you. Well, thanks a lot for your work! Will definitely try it now.
I was just about to do the same but you beat me to it lol.

antrad88, I'd also like to add my thank you for all the hard work and time you put in to make this.

I still can't believe Dungeon Siege is finally here on GOG. :)
Thanks for your work on this, I can't wait to check it out.
Really nice job and looking forward to playing the game with th new textures
Wishlist entries for the still missing Dungeon Siege expansions:
Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna
Dungeon Siege II: Broken World
high rated
Thanks guys for all the positive comments !

It is very strange they didn't release the expansion packs too.
antrad88: Thanks guys for all the positive comments !

It is very strange they didn't release the expansion packs too.
Have to add my thanks for the brilliant high res textures, and the See Far mod. You've made one of my favourite games of all time look amazing!

Cheers :)
Swedrami: Wishlist entries for the still missing Dungeon Siege expansions:
Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna
Dungeon Siege II: Broken World
In the meantime, there is a thread where you can the expansions for the GOG version. It's of probably dubious legal standing, but since I have the already have the expansions that is not amoralissue for me.
Amazing job!

Luckly, I've just had my first ever playthrough of the game, and playing with SeeFar and ESRGAN was such a great experience! The only bad part is that I've already finished the game ;)
GameRager:
antrad88: Personally I have not used any inventory mods, so I can't recommend any.
I forgot the exact website but it's one of the first that comes up when you Google it. Something like dugeonseige (dot) org or something llike that.

So far it hasn't interfered with your mod or the see far mod. That site also has xp ring mods for DS1 and a few other nifty mods.

That site also has mods for DS2 also.
Post edited May 15, 2020 by gog2002x