It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PraetorianWolfie: Thank you! Today it worked. I can't be sure what did it. Yesterday, I was issuing the command multiple times and the dot kept persisting both on the top bar as well as in the drop down menu next to forum replies (I had of course also read any pending forum replies). Maybe today it got unstuck; I issued it two times back to back and it worked (first time the dot was gone, as before, but I issued it a second time to make sure it stayed gone).

Or maybe just by you quote-replying to me, refreshed whatever state the reply notification was in and fixed it.

In any case, thank you. The dot is gone.
Maybe you needed to open GOG on another tab to be able to get the dot unstuck? Upon further consideration, I think I'd do that, but can't be sure as it's been a few months since I last went through a similar issue.
^^^ No that would not help in my case.
I opened new tabs and re-tried, closed every gog tab, then opened a new one and tried again, closed the browser, re-opened, navigated to GOG and tried again. Nothing would work. I also tried later in the day (after a few hours had passed)

I guess I did not try the process from a different browser, but it always used to work with Javascript command before. Something got weirdly stuck, and then thankfully today it got unstuck.
Add this to "My filters" in uBlock Origin:

gog.com##.menu-link--pending-notifications::before
gog.com##.menu-submenu-link--pending-notifications::before
gog.com##.menu-submenu-link--pending-notifications:style(padding-left: 8px !important;)
hooldenord: "My filters" in uBlock Origin:
Thanks for the lists and, I'm guessing, the research to find the accurate comments. Works on my side.

I had almost decided to accept the dot as a normal part of the page. Not anymore.
That's so annoying, is it really hard to fix?
So annoying that that shit keeps coming back and gog doesn't want to fix it.
Fuz: So annoying that that shit keeps coming back and gog doesn't want to fix it.
Coming back??? I don't recall it ever leaving. I mean I did the trick in this forum but it never "stuck." Meaning it would be gone maybe... an hour?? And then it's back, without leaving unless you do the trick again. Personally I just stopped doing it and thus there is no notification because any notification that is either always on or always off isn't a notification at all, it's a cosmetic purple color added to the website. But was there a time when the problem left and it came back? Maybe I should have kept doing the trick lol.

ADDED: When you use the code, or script, in the OP, the dot does go away. But the next time a notification comes up, it is back to stay unless you use that code every time. At least that's how it was for me. So maybe, if someone used that code but then for whatever reason no notifications were triggered for some time, maybe even months, and then one is they may think the problem was solved but came back but in reality it wasn't solved. Maybe that's what's happened for some folks???
Post edited November 20, 2023 by OldFatGuy
OldFatGuy: Maybe that's what's happened for some folks???
Some might not have the problem. Some might use the manual code fix when it bothers them. Some ignore the problem. Some use userscripts to clear the flags when they occur.
Have people figured out what's causing the dot? For example, my off the cuff guess is that you received a notification from a thread, and then that thread was archived/locked. Because the thread can't be changed, notification can't be changed, which is why the dot never leaves. Again, just my random uneducated guess.
BlueMooner: Have people figured out what's causing the dot?
Every post quoting you will trigger the dot, like this one.

OldFatGuy: ADDED: When you use the code, or script, in the OP, the dot does go away. But the next time a notification comes up, it is back to stay unless you use that code every time.
That is, I believe, exactly what the poster you replied to meant by "keeps coming back".
Post edited November 21, 2023 by mrkgnao
BlueMooner: Have people figured out what's causing the dot?
mrkgnao: Every post quoting you will trigger the dot, like this one.
No, I meant the original problem that caused the dots to become permanent in the first place.
mrkgnao: Every post quoting you will trigger the dot, like this one.
BlueMooner: No, I meant the original problem that caused the dots to become permanent in the first place.
I imagine that spam bots were using the disappearance of the purple dot to trigger new posts, so GOG disabled the disappearance.
Post edited November 21, 2023 by mrkgnao
Fucking shit, it already came back.

HOW HARD IS TO FIX IT? How incompetent are GOG web devs? First they fuck up manual sorting (never forget, never forgive) now they can't fix such a simple bug.
OldFatGuy: because any notification that is either always on or always off isn't a notification at all, it's a cosmetic purple color added to the website.
Not if you have OCD.
Post edited November 22, 2023 by Fuz
Fuz: Fucking shit, it already came back.

HOW HARD IS TO FIX IT?
It's very hard to fix something if one is not trying.
You have get it back? You got that dot disappeared? *you get paid .jpg*
I have this dot and cant rid off it for full 2 years or more. at first it did time to time disappear few times clicking on it/threads. now it cant be removed and i ignore it.