It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
zeragrin: The fact that GOG has been radio silent to everyone living outside of West Taiwan has told me all I need to know.
Yep, for 10 whole days now. It's one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in the gaming industry (and I have seen some shit...)

P.S. If the little mindless GOG worker ants could stop bombing my reputation out of blind corporate support and actually give a rebuttal that isn't complete horseshit, that'd be great...
Post edited December 27, 2020 by dycaite
high rated
zeragrin: The fact that GOG has been radio silent to everyone living outside of West Taiwan has told me all I need to know.
dycaite: Yep, for 10 whole days now. It's one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in the gaming industry (and I have seen some shit...)

P.S. If the little GOG worker ants could stop bombing my reputation and actually give a rebuttal that isn't complete horseshit, that'd be great...
It's not the gog.com employees. It's literally the occupied mainland paid trolls.
I have been threatened by gog.com to refrain from political discussions or having my account being banned:

https://ibb.co/n1CXMvr
low rated
Captainchicken84: I have been threatened by gog.com to refrain from political discussions or having my account being banned:

Funny how GOG seems to care more about harmless (yet TOS breaking) posts....yet not the will/voice of gamers who want Devotion here.

Also I find it interesting and "odd" that they can take their time to mod posts like that...even though they are supposedly swamped with support tickets(6x the usual) at the moment.

(Note to any staff reading this: not questioning mod actions....just stating facts and expressing opinions on said actions)
Post edited December 29, 2020 by GamezRanker
high rated
Captainchicken84: I have been threatened by gog.com to refrain from political discussions or having my account being banned:

GamezRanker: Funny how GOG seems to care more about harmless (yet TOS breaking) posts....yet not the will/voice of gamers who want Devotion here.

Also I find it interesting and "odd" that they can take their time to mod posts like that...even though they are supposedly swamped with support tickets(6x the usual) at the moment.

(Note to any staff reading this: not questioning mod actions....just stating facts and expressing opinions on said actions)
Oh top of having the time to scold users for comments, they always seem to find time to tell us they're too busy to reply to everything as well. It's almost like GOG staff are full of shit.
Post edited December 29, 2020 by ReynardFox

Political discussion is against the COC. I'm not defending it and I think it's unavoidable in this situation. I received a suspension for "unwelcome constructive criticism"
low rated
ReynardFox: Oh top of having the time to scold users for comments, they always seem to find time to tell us they're too busy to reply to everything as well. It's almost like GOG staff are full of shit.
I told GOG staff(CMs and paid staff) about a user that was harassing another user and putting vile words in their mouth(via changing their quote to say some pretty nasty stuff).

Gog's response? They were too busy to deal with it, as they were monitoring the forums.

(sidenote: they have also told me near every time I bring up the r-e-p ab-use issues, that they are "working on a solution to be released soon" or brush me off...despite it being in their rules[no r-e-p ab-use allowed])
Post edited December 29, 2020 by GamezRanker
high rated
ReynardFox: Oh top of having the time to scold users for comments, they always seem to find time to tell us they're too busy to reply to everything as well. It's almost like GOG staff are full of shit.
GamezRanker: I told GOG staff(CMs and paid staff) about a user that was harassing another user and putting vile words in their mouth(via changing their quote to say some pretty nasty stuff).

Gog's response? They were too busy to deal with it, as they were monitoring the forums.

(sidenote: they have also told me near every time I bring up the r-e-p ab-use issues, that they are "working on a solution to be released soon" or brush me off...despite it being in their rules[no r-e-p ab-use allowed])
At least they're consistent at being hypocritical.
low rated
ReynardFox: At least they're consistent at being hypocritical.
Also they seem to care more about removing "political content" than users being bothered & having their words twisted by other users.

Oh wow, this is getting ridiculous. They need to straighten out their priorities and start listening to people who actually buy games, or I'm going to have to boycott the whole parent company at this rate. I won't support ludicrous censorship and suppression imposed by one country on another through manipulating corporations like this. If they want to be apolitical, they need to be actually apolitical, and that means publishing Devotion. If they're going to be VERY political in favoring one country over another like this, I'm NOT OK with that.

To think CDPR would go so far to tank all the rep they ever earned with "many gamers" in just a few short weeks is mindnumbing. I thought they were better than this. I think a lot of us thought they were better than this. If politics is to have no place here, neither should censorship imposed by foreign politics, and the whole Devotion thing is very clearly exactly that.

As for the fifty-cent-army rep bombing trolls, they need to go away, and they need to be treated as a more serious problem than someone saying free Hong Kong. CDPR claims to want to restore it's reputation. GOG employees, it's pretty obvious what you need to do to contribute to that instead of making it worse. Stop supporting the botnets and propagandists, and listen to the actual many gamers instead of suppressing us. We are all watching the choices you make right now, intently.
high rated
Reading all this makes me ashamed that GOG owners hail from Poland. A country that still has people remembering what communism did to them.

I guess when money is involved history and freedom aren't important.
Post edited January 03, 2021 by Knightspace
Knightspace: Reading all this makes me ashamed that GOG owners hail from Poland. A country that still has people remembering what communism did to them.

I guess when money is involved history and freedom isn't important.
Perhaps direct appeal to the CDPR top execs might help? They do own GOG and have executive control if they care to exert it, after all. Then again, after the CP77 release debacle, I don't know how strongly they feel about doing what's right.

They have said they want to repair their now very-battered reputation. Sending a clear message that GOG will stop censoring and won't do it in the future would be one way to do that. If nothing else, it's a good business opportunity for them.
low rated
ChinaGovtIsFascist: To think CDPR would go so far to tank all the rep they ever earned with "many gamers" in just a few short weeks is mindnumbing. I thought they were better than this. I think a lot of us thought they were better than this. If politics is to have no place here, neither should censorship imposed by foreign politics, and the whole Devotion thing is very clearly exactly that.
GOG's "no politics" thing is likely a sham....as they have no problem selling games that focus in current events(like the covid sim, the rioting sim, etc) or that feature ideologies they likely favor.

This whole "devotion issue" is just the cherry on top of the sundae, tbh.

=-=-=-=

Knightspace: I guess when money is involved history and freedom aren't important.
Well as one song goes "freedom isn't free..."

To GOG I bet that freedom is likely worth a whole lotta china bux(re Devotion delisting and etc). :\
Post edited January 03, 2021 by GamezRanker
My email to GOG just now:

--

Ever since GOG pulled Devotion and lied about the reasons (blaming "gamers" even though the thousands of comments about this on social media, from gamers, for weeks, are all asking for the game - obviously GOG was lying about the reason), many of us long term customers and supporters have been angry at GOG for the decision, the lying, and (on top of that) the continuing silence.
GOG has not replied to any of the thousands of social media comments and posts about this.
That actually goes against your own policy on your website:
Direct contact with GOG Team
"Have a question, need help or you just want to talk about great PC games? Reach out on GOG forums, tweet at us or drop us a message on Facebook, and we'll get back to you."
GOG has not got back to any of the thousands of commenters, so that's a further lie to your customers.
As with many others, I have changed my policy.
- I refunded any orders from the last 30 days (first ever refund)
- Deleted my GOG wishlist
- Didn't buy anything in the sale
- Made sure I spoke about this on social media.
I won't be buying from GOG again until you sort this out (nor will I buy CD Project games like Cyberpunk from another store).
As others have said, I have enough games to last me a lifetime already here, on Steam, and on Itch (probably hundreds that I haven't played yet). For the first time in two years I bought games in Steam's Winter Sale (and none in GOG's). Steam is shit and I know it, so I have low expectations and am not disappointed. Gog seriously disappointed me.
Unless this gets resolved I'll go back to how I was a few years ago and get all my games on Steam (if heavily discounted, to make up for the DRM) and Itch (full price if indie and DRM-free).
(Oh, and to top it off, GOG threatened me with closing my Forum account because I posted about the Devotion issue and they vaguely said it broke their forum guidelines.)
It's weird how a company can have a super-loyal customer, and via a number of bad decisions that they double down on, make that customer so angry that they lose all their goodwill and will no longer recommend them or support them.
I've no idea how to get all this alienation noticed by the people at GOG who have the power to change anything. If those in charge of GOG were doing their job properly they would be aware of all this already, and would have resolved the situation (and if they were competent they'd have avoided it in the first place). But, just in case the decisions are made by people who don't pay attention to the public mood, this really needs forwarding to them. The board and senior directors should be passed all the comments, emails, posts, blog posts, forum posts, Tweets, Facebook comments etc on this issue so they can see how much they have upset people.
It's still not too late to fix it.
All they have to do is release Devotion (as agreed);
give an honest explanation (not the disingenuous tweet) as to how it happened and who was responsible for the policy and ensuing silence (since it is obvious GOG staff have been told not to comment, by someone higher up who just wants the issue to go away) and apologise for lying about "gamers" when the obvious real reason is adoption of Chinese censorship; and make sure you have policies in place against lying to your customers.
Please pass that on to the senior GOG staff. At present I can't tell if they are oblivious to the situation (which would suggest a huge level of ineptitude and unsuitability for the role), or if they enjoy lying to and insulting the intelligence of their long-term customers (which is reprehensible).
high rated
It would be nice if we got at least *some* response from CDPR. I have been willing to support them, paying a bit more for games that I could buy cheaper on Steam because the company seemed like it was a little more responsible and cared a bit more about gamers. After the Cyberpunk and Devotion debacles, and particularly after the deafening silence that followed, it seems clear that CDPR is just another souless corp after a quick buck. It's their right to do this, as it's their right to hide from their customers and refuse to explain, but its *my* right to take my money elsewhere. If CDPR is no better than Valve, or Google, or MicroSoft, why would I pay a premimum for games on GoG? I've got more than 400 games on Good Old Games, but maybe its time to take a look elsewhere.