It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A free tour of the colonies.

So there's this game and it looks rather intriguing. You definitely want to try it but you're not ready to commit yet. What to do? Grab the demo, of course!

<span class="bold">Herald: An Interactive Period Drama</span> recently released Book I & II of its story and you can now sample them in the free <span class="bold">Demo</span> that just became available. If you end up enjoying it, go ahead and grab the full game, which is now 20% off!

This is not the only cool demo to recently be made available on GOG.com, however. <span class="bold">Stories Untold</span> also has its own <span class="bold">demo</span> now and it's just spooky enough to get you hooked without giving away too much.

If you're looking for something more futuristic, grab the <span class="bold">Dex demo</span> and platform around its cyberpunk setting to get your bearings before you decide to come back for more.

The 20% discount for <span class="bold">Herald: An Interactive Period Drama</span> will last until Monday 1 PM UTC.
GOG.com: The 25% discount for <span class="bold">Herald: An Interactive Period Drama</span> will last until Monday 1 PM UTC.
Huh? I see 20% off on my end... Do we now get regional discounts as well as regional prices? :\

PS: Nice to have new demos. Keep them coming! :)

EDIT: You were quick there, GOG. :P
Post edited April 07, 2017 by muntdefems
GOG.com: The 25% discount for <span class="bold">Herald: An Interactive Period Drama</span> will last until Monday 1 PM UTC.
muntdefems: Huh? I see 20% off on my end... Do we now get regional discounts as well as regional prices? :\

I have one question. If I download a demo here on GOG will it stay in my library even after I finished it? I mean in case I don't like the game I would not like to have it stay in my library.
muntdefems: Huh? I see 20% off on my end... Do we now get regional discounts as well as regional prices? :\

MarkoH01: I have one question. If I download a demo here on GOG will it stay in my library even after I finished it? I mean in case I don't like the game I would not like to have it stay in my library.
The demos stay in your library, at least the ones I have did, but I guess you can contact Support to remove them, or you could just use the Hide Game option (even though, as the name of the feature implies, it doesn't actually remove the game from your library).

MarkoH01: I have one question. If I download a demo here on GOG will it stay in my library even after I finished it? I mean in case I don't like the game I would not like to have it stay in my library.
I second that request. I still a couple of demos in my library, like the Shadwen demo, and I couldn't find a way to remove them. I ended up hiding them. It would be nice to have a way to remove unwanted demos from my libary.

Kudos to you Gog, for giving us demos. Can we get rid of them once we've finished them?
Nice to see the devs responding to our request, cheers.
DEMO's must be THE RULE and not the exception.
Incognita97: I second that request. I still a couple of demos in my library, like the Shadwen demo, and I couldn't find a way to remove them. I ended up hiding them. It would be nice to have a way to remove unwanted demos from my libary.

Kudos to you Gog, for giving us demos. Can we get rid of them once we've finished them?
You can always hide them in your shelf so you won't see them. If you really, REALLY want to get rid of a demo, you can try writing to Support about that :)
JudasIscariot: You can always hide them in your shelf so you won't see them. If you really, REALLY want to get rid of a demo, you can try writing to Support about that :)
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3Z9yK3sMDUU/maxresdefault.jpg
JudasIscariot: You can always hide them in your shelf so you won't see them. If you really, REALLY want to get rid of a demo, you can try writing to Support about that :)
vicklemos: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3Z9yK3sMDUU/maxresdefault.jpg
What can I say? Some people are sticklers about their game collection, I suppose :)
Digital_CHE: DEMO's must be THE RULE and not the exception.
This.
But please, no deceitful demos, there are some companies that release demos with gameplay and other things very different than the full game.

On-topic: Thanks for offering this gOg, I'll give this demo a try.
Post edited April 07, 2017 by almabrds
Incognita97: I second that request. I still a couple of demos in my library, like the Shadwen demo, and I couldn't find a way to remove them. I ended up hiding them. It would be nice to have a way to remove unwanted demos from my libary.

I understand that but don't you agree if I'd say that such a situation is not really ideal? Just a suggestion but how about the possibility to delete a game from library for good in case it has the flag "free demo" in the database? Pretty sure this would be possible from a technical point of view.
MarkoH01: I understand that but don't you agree if I'd say that such a situation is not really ideal? Just a suggestion but how about the possibility to delete a game from library for good in case it has the flag "free demo" in the database? Pretty sure this would be possible from a technical point of view.
I'm quite certain there is a reason not a single digital store (that I know of, could be wrong) has that kind of a feature. I don't know what that reason is but there certainly must be one...
MarkoH01: I understand that but don't you agree if I'd say that such a situation is not really ideal? Just a suggestion but how about the possibility to delete a game from library for good in case it has the flag "free demo" in the database? Pretty sure this would be possible from a technical point of view.
JudasIscariot: I'm quite certain there is a reason not a single digital store (that I know of, could be wrong) has that kind of a feature. I don't know what that reason is but there certainly must be one...
Amazon lets you delete music permanently without so much as a password. It makes me not want to buy music from them.
JudasIscariot: I'm quite certain there is a reason not a single digital store (that I know of, could be wrong) has that kind of a feature. I don't know what that reason is but there certainly must be one...
Steam allows you to delete games from your account without calling support. They even keep a database, so you can call support to undo any damage if you regret it or your games happen to be maliciously deleted by a hacker.
Post edited April 08, 2017 by Grargar