It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Return to Monkey Island, a new entry in one of the oldest and most iconic adventure games saga, arrived on GOG earlier this week!

If you somehow missed it and haven’t yet Returned to Monkey Island - make sure to do so now, while our -20% discount still lasts until December 5th, 2 PM UTC!

This amazing point & click title published by Devolver Digital will take you to the high seas and let you explore the new and unknown as you work your way out of tough predicaments. Expect clever puzzles, bizarre situations, colorful characters and devastating ripostes!

We’d like to also invite you to our special Return to Monkey Island stream on our Twitch Channel that will take place on Friday (December 2nd), at 3 AM UTC. Join us during our adventure - we would love to use your help with some puzzles!

See you on the Island!
Kinda hope it'd be the release of the soundtrack. Which interests me more than the game, actually.
Absolutely vomit-inducing art style.
Telika: Kinda hope it'd be the release of the soundtrack.
There are some truly great remixes around already, and they're, ahem, free.

But if something official lands on bandcamp, I'd be on board.
GOG.com: We’d like to also invite you to our special Return to Monkey Island stream on our Twitch Channel that will take place on Friday (December 2nd), at 3 AM UTC. Join us during our adventure - we would love to use your help with some puzzles!
Grrr. I might take a look, but I kind of hate how calltoactionified Amazon has made Twitch.

Anyway, great that you're doing this, I hope it boosts sales!
Crosmando: Arglebargle vorgle gurgle
We can't understaaaand yoooooooou!
Post edited December 01, 2022 by Vainamoinen
Third Developer third style. Been introduced to the series this year *blushing. Sense of humour, one of a kind is why I would return.
Crosmando: Absolutely vomit-inducing art style.
Wow, you might need to see a doctor if the art style is making you vomit.
Nice but I hope this post wasn't made out of desperation, like due to the game not selling well enough. I believe it's been within the top 3 on the recent bestselling list consistently since release.

edit: I guess it was also an opportunity to promote the Twitch channel, which is a decent thing imo.
Post edited December 01, 2022 by tfishell
No one's forcing you to look at it.
This Monkey has made its Return to the Island and what does it find? C-H-I ... U-N-D-E-R ... pesky brats going on its nerves, LeChuck of all thats Undead (beg my excuses, Minor Living ... holy Carribean PC-ness ...), right in front with the price, a ship and Wally, is Wally, is Wally, the same old Whiny scurvy deckswain he ever was and more kids, thinking themselves THEY are the pirates. IT IS H-O-RR-I-A-BL, ABSY-MALL-I, TEH WERST! This monkey really doesn't know where its three heads should turn first to know what's to be done, where its done and how, but at least it was able to uncover ONE Big secret, that's been there for ages, and ... but that's for the other relatives to discover ... How will this monkey ever be able to win the big prize? That, which will send that old goat Guybrush's Nemesis to the Netherhells (oh, wrong universe ... that's what the Return has done to this monkey, all confused *blah blah blah, BLAH, BLAH BLAAH BLA BLA BLA BLAAAAAH) or his watery grave. Did you know we monkeys dislike the big seas? When they are infested with bony swordbucklers, the UnLiving™ (Big WHOOP!) Minor Undead ... No! The Undead not minor ... This monkey gives up, doesn't matter, need to find THE Secret, it's going to be the Monkeys ruling the Carribean!

Ignore the monkey, listen to me, [i]I went back to the Islands, what lovely children, little Chucky, Brushy and a pesky ... anyways, once back on the Island, it was like: I am back in 1971 (plus/minus a couple of years), awesome, intelligent, funny and good looking people and ... even though it's the enemy, certain undead. Don't tell Elaine, or else I will never find the secret, because she is doing Guybrush in, and THE END of Guybrush without THE SECRET, that's an absolute no go.

I always liked the graphics, the characters' design works for me, the background music sets the right mood, and humor - well, that's more of a hit and miss in dialogs, not very subtle so not really fun, while the more practical variant has hit home and causes a good laugh (and I love the game for that alone ...). Still far from seeing the credits roll, even though it's early, I predict that this is going to be as memorable a journey as was finishing the original Monkey Island when it was released.

I went in with no expectations and it's been a positive surprise, the way it drew me in, the feeling of a throwback to a better past, so if you got the money to spare and still not on your way, consider it. It would also be a sin to wait until discount has run out, or you violate Mr. G's rule numbers 1-5 and infinity: Never Spend More Than 20 Dollars on Return to Monkey Island™!

- - - - - - -

Disclaimer: Sadly the above is part of my own madness on display, solely my opinion, no need for you to read any of it, just ignore it, don't take this as advertisement, because sadly that's what the latter part looks like, I don't get paid for it (but gladly take the money from Disney san, Devolver for this - whatever you are inclined to take it for that's above that short dash, the more the merrier. Pirates love to share after all! ;-)
my name is anime catte: Wow, you might need to see a doctor if the art style is making you vomit.
I absolutely understand Crosmando.

The art style looks downright awful to me. It won't put me off from playing the game (and I believe it must be a very good game), but I look at all the earlier entries and I find them all so much better looking. Yes, even Escape's ugly 3D models are better.