It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

trentonlf: I’ll be out most of today, have a funeral to attend and family functions.
I'm very sorry about the death of someone close to you (or to someone you know). :(

Enjoy your time with your family!

@all sadly, i have to go and don't have time to read past this post.
Vote Count

Flocke 6 - joppo, Lift, Joe, GameRager, ConsulCaesar, agent
Micro 3 - trent, yogs, SirPrimalform
yogs 1 - Micro
trent 1 - Flocke
Joe 1 - Pooka
Caesar 1 - Carradice

Everyone else - 0
Not voting -

13 Players. Takes 7 to lynch.

Flocke is closest at L-1

When you see a vote count, please take a moment to make sure your name is against the correct person.
Answers (in no particular order):
1) I already explained my work situation. And there is overtime. I can't read and analyse 50+ posts a day. That's why I sat down last weekend to catch up and am doing it again this weekend. I guess, I just misjudged how much time it would consume just to keep up. Not to mention that a short statement of catching up is equally recognized as not bothering to read/post at all. So I could have saved myself a lot of time and brainknotting effort by just "forgetting" I signed up in the first place. Seeing how some players here seem to forget or mix up a number of things there is a good chance noone would have even noticed.
2) I considered asking for a sub last Monday but there were over 600 posts already and now there are more than 800, so that didn't and doesn't seem like a good option. Besides, that "problem" seems to be about to solve itself anyway.
Sidenote: I mentioned in the Sign Up thread I should be able to check in every 48 hours. Someone could have just mentioned, that I have to do precise analysis at least three times a day to qualify. I would have just read the thread as one of the onlookers.
3) Voting:
I stated earlier in the game, that I was suspicous of a few people, including yogsloth. *insert secret code debacle here* I changed my main focus to trentonlf and included Pooka later (into that yogsloth/trentonlf thing). I only stated Lift as one of my top picks because this agentcarr16 vs Lifthrasil thing seemed... odd? off? And I only stated Microfish_1 as one of my top picks because all those people playing Mafia more than just this once said it was a real fishing attempt = something scum would do and we were supposed to pick two people.
4) "Refusing to vote Microfish_1":
I'm not refusing to vote him in general. I just noticed weird things. (Yes, it also involves that secret code thing.) Which gave me pause. I can't explain it, I tried before, but those bothering to acknowledge my ramblings said, it's nothing. So maybe that's how the game is played and I got it all wrong. I don't know. Adding to this those suddenly appearing wagons, that switch to different wagons equally suddenly appearing. Is that normal? This hopping around all the time seemingly randomly, I mean? I thought it would be more consistent, because people usually don't switch from scum to no-scum in the blink of an eye?
Sidenote: RWarehall mentioned in 366 that he noticed something, but didn't elaborate further.
5) "Refusing to hammer":
On Day 1 there were 14 people and it took 8 to lynch. 7 voted for Microfish_1, the other 7 people didn't. There were a total of 7 people "voting no-lynch" and I'm the bad guy because of it? What kind of voodoo do you think I did there on those 6 other people refusing to hammer too?
6) From how Day 1 went I didn't expect to make it to Day 2. I thought I would be the D1 lynch, because I was making a fool of myself and confusing everyone. As I already pointed out, it went mostly ignored. Except for yogsloth first brushing me off and then suddenly claiming to be town and trentonlf's passive aggressive reaction. Both of those reactions making absolutely no sense, all things considered, because noone cared anyway. That (and post 462 that sounds like a threat. But why would a single person be a threat?) is one thing why I think, trentonlf may be at the root of the weird things going on, or at least involved in it. Or I'm seeing things that aren't there or that others want me to see? I don't know.
7) Since we seem to need a lynch and I'm highest on the list, I will do as stated and keep my vote where it is. Or are you going to blame me for no-lynch this time too because I didn't want to vote myself? Reminder: There are 12 other people, it should be possible for 7 of them to come to a consensus, shoudn't it be?
8) In reply to post 816:
I don't want to convince anyone of anything. Seeing how most of you seem to just hop around from one wagon to the next with no real thought to it, that would be pointless anyway.
9) in reply to post 595:
Did you even read those posts? I devided my top picks in the catogories "from what little I think I understand about how Mafia games work" = Lift and Micro and "who I really want to lynch" = pooka, trentonlf and maybe yogsloth.
9) Question in an attempt to understand:
Did I miss Carradice's explanation for voting ConsulCaesar? Or is "third most scummy in the general opinion" the actual reason? Because ConsulCaesar otherwise doesn't get mentioned in that long post 824.
10) Would someone please explain to me:
Why am I the bad guy for opening a new train when Pooka and Carradice are doing the same thing?
Carradice's reason seems to solely consist of "third most scummy in the general opinion". While Pooka's reason seems to be "vote hopping", something I want to note even RWarehall did on Day 1 (yogslosh, agent, ConsulCaesar and Pooka are the ones I remember).
Am I the only one actually doing some reading?

It's Sunday about half past midnight for me now. I can check in again in about 18 hours.
Let me know if there is something else you want to know and whether or not you want me to claim and if full or not.
And now I just hope I didn't forget anything.

My only "real suspects of being scum/hostile third party" right now:
Trentonlf
I got nothing else.

@Carradice: That chart gives me headaches (also: I didn't give you my values, so any values you might have used as mine are useless) and what is that obsession with "hygenic lynching"? It's a mob forming and clobbering someone to death or something, you know, blood everywhere. Nothing hygenic about it. Needless to say, that "hygenic" speech of yours is giving me the creeps.
Microfish_1: 1. I hope the stress has dissipated by now!
6. Do you think Agent is town?
1. Thanks. Yes, it's better now. Thursday was harsh, but after that the week improved.

6. No. He might be, but I still have him leaning scum. His role is NAI. It can be scum as well as town and it could be dangerous in scum hands. I won't clear him just for having told the truth once after his lying on Day 1. He is not a high priority target anymore, since I know that the lying stuff is my pet peeve. So it's really more a hope that he is scum that a real conviction. Therefore: leaning scum and I would gladly lynch him. But I'm not totally convinced that he's scum anymore and it doesn't look like lynching agent were possible. Everyone seems to be clearing him just because he finally told the truth about his role.

@Flocke: nice to see a substantial post from you. Some others may see this now as role fishing, but at this point I think it's necessary. At L-1 it is quite customary to do a full claim, unless you see reasons not to do so. Usually it's better to claim, since without a claim you'll get lynched anyhow and your role will be revealed upon your death. If you have an important role that should stay alive, L-1 is the last chance to tell the rest of the Town players so. It is, of course, your call. I'm just informing you that it would be quite common to claim in your situation, since you are new.
Carradice: ...
Why do you think FlockeSchnee is Town?
Menh.

I still think micro is the better lynch.
SirPrimalform: Seriously guys, we can't have another no-lynch. I don't think I can take another no-lynch. It'll be Day 1: Part III and we all know how that turned out for Back to the Future, The Matrix and the Hobbit...
Don't you mean it'd by D1: Part II?

Also those film choices are sending mixed signals, as I LOVED BTTF 3(and 2). o.0
=====================================================================

FINALLY a nice meaty post to dig into....thanks wholeheartedly for this, Flocke :)

(@OP: Above is NOT a vote)

That said, my reply:

FlockeSchnee: 1) I already explained my work situation. And there is overtime. I can't read and analyse 50+ posts a day. That's why I sat down last weekend to catch up and am doing it again this weekend. I guess, I just misjudged how much time it would consume just to keep up.
Not to sound like i'm nagging, but IIRC you only said it was hard to post at work....not any other info like: how much work took out of your day/how hard it might make it for you to post. Had I known some of this earlier i'd likely have focused on you a bit less.

Also there is no need to read every word, especially of the more silly/joke posts some of us like to make to pass the time.....to save time(if time is in short supply) you can/could always skip some of the less important looking text in such situations or skim to find stuff worth reading/analyzing and then read anything that stands out with more care and attention to detail.

FlockeSchnee: Not to mention that a short statement of catching up is equally recognized as not bothering to read/post at all. So I could have saved myself a lot of time and brainknotting effort by just "forgetting" I signed up in the first place.
I don't know about the reasoning for others, but I found it suspicious(and undesirable town play if one is town) because you didn't at least keep us updated much when you posted such "catching up/caught up" posts.....as in a simple "My reads have stayed the same", or "My reads on x or y players have changed and here's how" type reply would've also likely alleviated some of my suspicions & shown(as a town) that you were more dedicated to playing the game.

As for "forgetting": Look, I hope my posts didn't make you feel as if we didn't want you playing or care if you played.....I do care & do want you to play(and to have fun doing so), I just like players to participate more(especially if town, as silent town not posting much don't help us much to find scum).

FlockeSchnee: Sidenote: I mentioned in the Sign Up thread I should be able to check in every 48 hours. Someone could have just mentioned, that I have to do precise analysis at least three times a day to qualify. I would have just read the thread as one of the onlookers.
Again, I hope my words/posts on such earlier didn't turn you off on the game.....it's just that town need to post a bit more often in order to help other town win the game....town posting with/interacting with other players and such back and forth talks & a town player's reads lists help us find scum, and when any town(even if I did such) doesn't post much they don't help as much & also makes such players look slightly more suspect.

As for the 48 hours rule & the post bit on it above: Yes, there is no rule that one must post more every 48 hours, but the "1 post per 48 hours" rule is more like a bare minimum point that players should try their hardest to avoid even coming close to, not something they should stick to all the time if they don't have a good reason for doing so.

It's like with eating: There is a bare minimum amount of food one need to eat to survive, but most doctors and people agree one should eat more when they can. Well the same works here.....1 post per 48 hours is the minimum, but it's more desirable to post more to help one's fellow players(even if it's just silly joke/fluff/flavor posts or short replies to other player's posts) and to keep the game running smoothly.

That said, if you do live till D3 I hope our words didn't seem too harsh or turn you off of the game...and if they did so then I apologize. :)

FlockeSchnee: And I only stated Microfish_1 as one of my top picks because all those people playing Mafia more than just this once said it was a real fishing attempt = something scum would do and we were supposed to pick two people.
Note on this bit: You don't HAVE to pick 2 people....you could pick ANY number of people to suspect and to any degree....it's all up to you, really. :)

FlockeSchnee: "Refusing to hammer":
On Day 1 there were 14 people and it took 8 to lynch. 7 voted for Microfish_1, the other 7 people didn't. There were a total of 7 people "voting no-lynch" and I'm the bad guy because of it? What kind of voodoo do you think I did there on those 6 other people refusing to hammer too?
No, you're the "bad guy" as you say(more like suspicious than bad) because you were online and posted right before deadline on D1 and had the chance to hammer Micro at the time and didn't...which seemed odd(to me at the very least) as the posts showed you were right there and could've gotten us a lynch D1 and seemingly chose not to....that bit made you stand out over the other ones not hammering.

FlockeSchnee: From how Day 1 went I didn't expect to make it to Day 2. I thought I would be the D1 lynch, because I was making a fool of myself and confusing everyone.
That sounds a bit like me...I always think i'll be the lynch by D2 at latest due to how I play. o.0

FlockeSchnee: Since we seem to need a lynch and I'm highest on the list, I will do as stated and keep my vote where it is. Or are you going to blame me for no-lynch this time too because I didn't want to vote myself? Reminder: There are 12 other people, it should be possible for 7 of them to come to a consensus, shouldn't it be?
No, I myself won't find it suspicious if you don't hammer yourself, as town shouldn't do it(due to it being bad for other town) & scum likely wouldn't ever do it(due to it being bad for scum).

As for your vote: The "problem" with it is(as with Pooka's vote and carradice's vote to start new wagons) it has very little chance of making it as far as lynch.....i.e. you'd need to get 6 of us to change votes in less than 2 IRL days.

I APPLAUD you for trying(if town) to play, at least, but short of a miracle I don't think any of the smaller wagons are likely to pick up steam at this point(without some solid reasoning why people should jump to them, that is).

FlockeSchnee: In reply to post 816:
I don't want to convince anyone of anything. Seeing how most of you seem to just hop around from one wagon to the next with no real thought to it, that would be pointless anyway.
That's how one gets their wagon going, though.....they provide good reasoning/point out odd posts by their suspect/etc in the hopes that people jump on board.

And yeah people are hopping around, but that's usual for D1(and D2 when D1 had little to go on).

FlockeSchnee: Question in an attempt to understand:
Did I miss Carradice's explanation for voting ConsulCaesar? Or is "third most scummy in the general opinion" the actual reason? Because ConsulCaesar otherwise doesn't get mentioned in that long post 824.
I also don't get much why Carradice(who I see as more likely to be town) is trying to push a wagon so close to deadline(along with you and Pooka doing the same thing). Hopefully he'll explain it a bit more later(unless he did so already and I missed it).

FlockeSchnee: 10) Would someone please explain to me:
Why am I the bad guy for opening a new train when Pooka and Carradice are doing the same thing? Am I the only one actually doing some reading?
No, I have been reading some of that too, and it strikes me as odd(people who start new wagons with little to back them up so close to deadline) when ANYONE does it.

FlockeSchnee: Let me know if there is something else you want to know and whether or not you want me to claim and if full or not.
I think maybe it'd be best if you did claim, but then if you have a good PR that might not be a good idea(DON'T state whether or not you do or think you might, I am just musing here).

I guess it's up to you.....I would think it more a good idea, though, at this point...though of course other veteran players might think differently & you might want to get some of their opinions on this as well before making a decision.

FlockeSchnee: My only "real suspects of being scum/hostile third party" right now:
Trentonlf
I got nothing else.
Advice: If you make it further in the game or play another game in the future, write down some "reads" based on people's posts(word choices/how often they post/what they say to others/etc) as you read them and use it to make a bigger suspects list and also use it(if need be) to get a wagon going on those you suspect the most. This seems to help me at least. :)

FlockeSchnee: @Carradice: That chart gives me headaches (also: I didn't give you my values, so any values you might have used as mine are useless) and what is that obsession with "hygenic lynching"? It's a mob forming and clobbering someone to death or something, you know, blood everywhere. Nothing hygenic about it. Needless to say, that "hygenic" speech of yours is giving me the creeps.
Carradice's charts confused me a bit too, but I can see it as more likely town play and their way of doing things(making lists to get their thoughts organized, etc) than scum tell.
=================================================================

To all: Done till Flocke's post 843....will do more in a bit maybe

Also, I am thinking on my vote on Flocke.....he seems to be playing now, but I also am still slightly suspicious of him and don't have much else to go on, so dunno what to do. :\
yogsloth: Menh.

I still think micro is the better lynch.
(First 2 seconds of video likely also very much related ;))

Also why do I have the sneaking feeling even IF OP clears Micro on D4 you'll still be like "Eh, I still think he should be lynched?" :D
I just feel like micro has been scummier and the claim is bogus.

Flocke is getting lynched just for not being here.

But whatever, I won't lose sleep over it, and I'll hammer myself to avoid no-lynch.
yogsloth: I just feel like micro has been scummier and the claim is bogus.

Flocke is getting lynched just for not being here.

But whatever, I won't lose sleep over it, and I'll hammer myself to avoid no-lynch.
Tbh IF we had a better likely suspect/likely scum AND we could get them to lynch then i'd vote them in heartbeat....but sadly we have a little over 1 IRL day to either get a lynch or go to nolynch, and the biggest wagons are Micro(which I lean more town, but could maybe be scum) & Flocke(who made a good effort to post now and who seems to maybe be having IRL issues that make posting difficult, but who could also be scum).

So we either lynch one of them, try making a case for others to lynch someone else(very unlikely, though yes I supposed it could happen), or go to nolynch.

I myself don't wanna lynch Flocke if he does want to play the game, but then I don't want us to go to nolynch again either.

Gah...I just want us to get some good reliable leads & maybe catch a break...is that so much to ask? o.0 :|

*GR pours himself yet another "potion" as he sits alone in the common room of his house*

Couple of quick notes before I move on to worrying about the interview.
@Flocke

No, I am not interested in lynching you for not hammering Microfish. As you have said, 7 players have refused to vote Micro. I personally think scum wouldn't let the opportunity pass by just for the lulz. In fact, I'd rather not lynch you at all, since I fail to see what benefit we could gain from it. Still, I'd rather lynch you than end D2 with a second GOG-flavored no-lynch, and I'm really really really interested in Joe's flip more than anybody's.

Also I'm sorry to hear you're working overtime. Crunch is one part of working that I'm definitely never looking forward to.
@New 1-vote bandwagons forming: I see the Day phase as the primary elections in the US. When you're reaching the end, it's time to consolidate votes, not present new candidates. Otherwise no one would get the majority.

@Flocke: I completely sympathize with your situation, as I have very limited time during the weekday and I felt overwhelmed with the game on Day 1. RL commitments always take precedence. I agree with Lift that you should claim now. I would also like you to explain why you said that you should have voted trent Day 1, when it wouldn't have changed anything.
PookaMustard: Couple of quick notes before I move on to worrying about the interview.
So does this mean you had it already or no? o.0

And if so, how do you think you did? :)

PookaMustard: Also I'm sorry to hear you're working overtime. Crunch is one part of working that I'm definitely never looking forward to.
None of us would, I expect....but on the other hand at least those working overtime have jobs(there are a good number who keep trying to find work but never do...due to not enough jobs, etc). :|
================================================================

ConsulCaesar: @New 1-vote bandwagons forming: I see the Day phase as the primary elections in the US. When you're reaching the end, it's time to consolidate votes, not present new candidates. Otherwise no one would get the majority.
This.....it's like third party candidates for president/etc....sure, they get some votes & some do well compared to the rest, but we all know it's the big two that are most likely to be chosen.

I mean sure, if a good enough case was built around the new wagons and enough people could be convinced there's always a chance they could go all the way, but with around 36 hours to go till deadline I don't see that happening.

(Also imo a proper reasoning for each new wagon never formed....most if not all the new ones formed so far have been essentially "this player I think is scum, let's vote him ok?" and that's about it....not much in the way of very convincing arguments in most(if not all) of them, imo.

Now if it were me trying to start a wagon, i'd list posts of that user I felt were off, maybe do a partial ISO, etc....essentially i'd make the best case I could to make sure that wagon took off if I felt that user were scum)

ConsulCaesar: @Flocke: I completely sympathize with your situation, as I have very limited time during the weekday and I felt overwhelmed with the game on Day 1. RL commitments always take precedence. I agree with Lift that you should claim now. I would also like you to explain why you said that you should have voted trent Day 1, when it wouldn't have changed anything.
To be fair, if he had started such a wagon early on and made convincing enough arguments and enough posts on such, maybe he might've succeeded in that goal of his.....but with his current posting levels(BTW: no offense meant by this, Flocke...i'm just musing a bit here :)) I doubt he'd have made much headway even if he'd started such a wagon(or joined such) very early on.
Hopped on here just before bed.

@Flocke, @Caesar I really hope you don't feel targeted because of your IRL.
It was not my intention to do so, and I sincerely doubt it was the intention of anyone else.
In my first game we barely got to 600 posts--650 was the mod recapping the night actions. This particular game is an anomaly, I think.

Also, as the game goes on and there are fewer players here there will be less to catch up on each day.

Thank you, Flocke, for answering why you unvoted me.

GR: You reminded me--I said I would go back over Yogs's awful 595(?). I need to remember to do so and not just focus on that one post but also do an ISO of him. I am nearly 100% convinced he's scum (I think i gave him a 9.0? I'm too tired to look atm, and it's a day or so later anyway.)

Someone online: Please remind me after I go offline to review Yogsloth & especially that one suspect post. I intend to be back online in 11-12 hours, but certainly not sooner than 8.

Flocke's post at least made me feel bad about lunching him, even if some will toss aside part of it as an AtE. (Appeal to Emotion.) It might be, but it feels genuine to me. :(
I think his frustration is real enough.

As town, we cannot afford to not lunch d2, but lunching an absent player solely for having IRL issues is very poor taste.

I know, lets lunch Yogs! He's an experienced player, and has had time to be here. He smells, too.

(Are the penguins on the amazon? otherwise, Lift was lying. j/k)
Seriously, SPF is hanging back just enough that if my theory of "one bg scum" is true, he could be our guy. So could Caesar.

To avoid a NL, I would lunch Flocke regretfully.

I would prefer to take Yogs Caesar or Pooka to lunch--and let them pay for themselves. Bison meat is decent, I hear.
Microfish_1: Hopped on here just before bed.
Just don't hop ON bed(or on pop for that matter). ;D

Microfish_1: @Flocke, @Caesar I really hope you don't feel targeted because of your IRL.
It was not my intention to do so, and I sincerely doubt it was the intention of anyone else.
You're right in my case....I was more suspicious(and still am a bit) that Flocke was/is using his IRL to post less as scum...though I am willing to wait and see what their claim is(if they post one) and hope others are willing to do the same(while ALSO being online to hammer if his claim seems to not hold water/stink somehow).

Microfish_1: In my first game we barely got to 600 posts--650 was the mod recapping the night actions. This particular game is an anomaly, I think.
I think it's due to a combination of having some new players in this game and also very talkative regulars as well, along with the fact each "day" is 7 or so IRL days AND the voting is so fractured.

Those things combined likely have given us the perfect storm of conditions to see high amounts of posts, I think.
(Well that and I love to post to such games....especially flavor posts when there's not much going on atm)

Microfish_1: Also, as the game goes on and there are fewer players here there will be less to catch up on each day.
This....it usually gets easier to catch up each "day" as the game gets past the first 2 or so "days".

Microfish_1: GR: You reminded me--I said I would go back over Yogs's awful 595(?). I need to remember to do so and not just focus on that one post but also do an ISO of him. I am nearly 100% convinced he's scum (I think i gave him a 9.0? I'm too tired to look atm, and it's a day or so later anyway.)
Imo that post and a few where Yog keep tunneling on you/not truting you do seem suspect, but make sure when you do such to be fair and weigh it from both angles(him being town or scum) k? :)

(Also I think you mean 0.9....at least that's what 90% would be on Carradice's scale)

Microfish_1: Someone online: Please remind me after I go offline to review Yogsloth & especially that one suspect post. I intend to be back online in 11-12 hours, but certainly not sooner than 8.
"This is your official GR-brand remembrall reminder saying do what I just quoted when you get up" :)

(@OP: Above line is NOT a vote)

Microfish_1: Flocke's post at least made me feel bad about lunching him, even if some will toss aside part of it as an AtE. (Appeal to Emotion.) It might be, but it feels genuine to me. :(

I think his frustration is real enough.
I think the same....I feel bad about lynching him(if we do lynch him in the end of D2), but I ALSO cannot give him "days and days" of leeway just because he's a new player....else any new players that are scum could essentially get a free pass and use that to win games more easily.

As for his frustration....(this will likely sound a bit callous, but) he brought it a bit on himself by not posting very much. YES, he may have IRL to deal with, but unless he works/spends his time doing other important things 80% or more of the day I don't see why he couldn't have posted a bit more.....heck, even a few short fluff/flavor posts or extra reads as he read other people's posts over the last few "days" would've likely helped his case & helped us get better reads on him.

(A sidenote for future game OPs.....to help new players play better, maybe attach a sidenote to the 48 hour rule that says that that is the minimal posts one needs to make to play but that a good deal more[posts and reading posts] is recommended for optimal play)

Microfish_1: As town, we cannot afford to not lunch d2, but lunching an absent player solely for having IRL issues is very poor taste.
As I said a few times, it's not due to him having IRL issues as much as him not posting much(before now) to explain how/how much his IRL issues would likely impact his posting levels.

Microfish_1: I know, lets lunch Yogs! He's an experienced player, and has had time to be here. He smells, too.
Lol, this reminds me WAY TOO MUCH of the agent/lift thing from D1. o.0

Also, as others have said....now is not the time to nominate new candidates(unless you can build a strong case in under 34 hours or so)...now is the time for us to vote the ones we have now to avoid a nolynch.

Microfish_1: Seriously, SPF is hanging back just enough that if my theory of "one bg scum" is true, he could be our guy. So could Caesar.
Maybe, maybe not(on SPF)....who knows at this point.

Microfish_1: To avoid a NL, I would lunch Flocke regretfully.
If you do, I ask that you please give him a chance to claim when he sees the new posts(but also be ready to lynch before deadline if need be). :)

Microfish_1: I would prefer to take Yogs Caesar or Pooka to lunch--and let them pay for themselves. Bison meat is decent, I hear.
Lol, if you and Yog go at it any more i'm gonna have to tell you two to get a room already. :D
=========================================================================

*Gr goes to the quidditch field and sits down, taking out his two prized monoculars & starts polishing them he looks in the direction of the field for sights to see*