It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Messed my quote up, should be “Finally, even if you don't know anything about Harry Potter, there is one thing you should know: Slytherin are the bad guys. In this game, they are equivalent to Mafia. So if your PM says you're Slytherin (Watcher of or otherwise) do not go shouting about it in your first post. I won't be doing any REDACTED for you. Remember, Slytherin is the new Kalunga.
Same goes for names.”
trentonlf: Hey I was the one that said Percy was anything but an Innocent Child, you can’t take that from me! See what happens when we don’t use secret code...
yogsloth: *ahem*
SirPrimalform: Don't you mean

yogsloth: *ahem ahem ahem*
SirPrimalform: ?
Catching up, gotta do shoveling from the other day while it is light out :(
ROFL at this bit :D :D :D

Percy was the best friend/roomie who became a jerk who was also maybe in love with Hermionie? IDR. [Also, I was much more invested n LotR books than in HP, at least by # of time I read them (4-5 vs 1), so my knowledge isn't as acute as it perhaps should be.]

I hope Flocke is alright and not gotten overwhelmed with the game or IRL stuff.

Will respond to Lift later, as I don't have time to think now, but just reading-for-fun atm.

ZFR: "Someone take this moron off the field." Shouts Dumbledore as two other faculty members drag Professor ZFR back to his seat.
yogsloth: Ah, a math professor at Hogwarts? I always wondered why nobody ever seemed to take math, or language. Professor ZFR must have an office next to Professor Binns teaching remotely practical things nobody would ever care about.
I also wondered that! Well, at least the one house that was awfully clever with passphrases & such knew some grammar, or maybe their knowledge of certain subjects stopped advancing when they left normal schools?

ZFR: You didn't think the faculty mentioned in the Books (whatever they are) are all that Hogwarts has to offer?
yes. 8-P
And since the books don't mention peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, they missed out on that wonderfullest of all lunches.

Carradice: 1. Look at the column Average Heat in order to see the average degree of suspicion for each one. If there is a tie, go for Weighted Heat or for Hard-Weighted Heat (the two columns to the right). The colours will help interpreting: the redder, the worse. You can use also Chart 2 instead of the spreadsheet.
Thank you for this post. I had initially thought the red column was the players, with the blue being their suspects! Glad to know I had it backwards.
Also, you would have used better (rhyming) grammar if you had said,
The colours will help interpreting: the redder, the worser.
or
The colours will help interpreting: the redder, the worsering.
Just a heads-up for next time ;D :P
PookaMustard: Also, I'd like a brief recap of who Percy Weasley is and his accomplishments, things of note, etc etc. I'm feeling real out of the loop about how he fits -or not- with "D4 Innocent Child."
https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Percy_Weasley
I don't see the connection myself, other than maybe he's innocent because "he is too blind to see what is going on"? In which case it is a perfect town role, especially for me :D
Bump
ZFR: I list them when they become less than half
13 - 8 = 5 ? = less than half (of 13)?

I can't help but wonder, if all of you go collectively on vacation for Mafia games. My setting is at 50 posts per page and last time it was at page 13 now it's 16. o.O
Well, I at least managed to catch up with the thread again and will try to get something coherent out tomorrow or saturday.
Just because I need to actually see this spelled out in order for my simian brain to process it:

ZFR: Vote Count

Micro 5 - Joe, agent, trent, yogs, Caesar
Flocke 2 - joppo, Lift
yogs 1 - Micro

Everyone else - 0
Not voting - SPF, FlockeSchnee, Carradice, GameRager, Pooka

13 Players. Takes 7 to lynch.
ZFR: I list them when they become less than half
FlockeSchnee: 13 - 8 = 5 ? = less than half (of 13)?

I'm sorry, I don't think I'm allowed to talk with participants while the game is in progress.

(OK, OK, I'll be makjng full list from now on...)
yogsloth: Carradice, you should come hang out on Mafia Universe. I'll introduce you to Frog. You two would hit it off smashingly.
Sure, why not!

yogsloth: Hi everyone, currently hang-gliding over the Amazon, hunting penguins. Will play later when I have time to do all the stuff that I need to stuff.
LOL

@ConsulCaesar: About people voting unusually, some are more 'fire and blood', targeting as many as eight suspects (@joppo, @Lift), while others appear more focused (@yogsloth, @Carradice), but that is to be expected. Also, yes, you noticed the idea is considering how different scenarios would likely implicate different distribution of scum.
joppo: That is probably true, but I don't see why specifically [...]
A possible approach:
Consider the four possible scenarios:

Scenario 1. None is scum (the one @Caesar mentioned).
Scenario 2. Both are scum.
Scenario 3. @Micro is scum and @Flocke is a townie.
Scenario 4. @Flocke is scum and @Micro is a townie.

Think where scum might more likely be, in each of those cases. Remember it for later.
Opinion: Personally, if any of the two flipped as scum, it would be a surprise. It does not matter, since there are plenty of people ready to hammer every nail in their coffins, right now.

ZFR: two other faculty members drag Professor ZFR back to his seat.
*Silently ponders*

@Pooka: On Percy, here goes a minority report =)

In 'the books' Percy was what they call a high achiever. Brilliant and hard working. Great grades. Deadly serious and responsible, too. Strong believer in rules. Trusted with the position of Prefect (trustees who police the student body, basically), then Head Boy in his last year. This means, head of the the Prefects and a model student. His younger brother Ron felt overshadowed by him, and critizised his lack of humour.

Entering the Ministry, appeared the logical step for him, even when, eventually, his family feared he was being manipulated. In the last act, when confronted with the reality, he swiftly came to help the good guys and proves that he is a great guy at heart.

So, a role that proves that he is a good guy as late as Day 4... The shoe fits.

Also, such a role sits well with Cedric being a macho compulsive bodyguard and Ben being a one-shot neighbouriser (he was a communicator above all). And yes, none of said roles are not that wonderful but who is perfect.:D

@Micro: Glad to be of help. Feel free to ask anything about the chart. Only, do not leave it for next week... :3

Also: 'Worser'? Hardly! Unless we are speaking pseudo-Elizabethan :D but

No more be griev'd at that which thou hast done:
Roses have thorns, and silver fountains mud;

By the way, if Flocke's absence is a stratagem so that we forget about him... it's working! :-)
FlockeSchnee: Well, I at least managed to catch up with the thread again and will try to get something coherent out tomorrow or saturday.
lmao

WHOA WHOA WHOA

SLOW DOWN MAN

WHAT'S THE RUSH

Unvotus microfish

Votus SnowFlake
Carradice: @Pooka: On Percy, here goes a minority report =)

In 'the books' Percy was what they call a high achiever. Brilliant and hard working. Great grades. Deadly serious and responsible, too. Strong believer in rules. Trusted with the position of Prefect (trustees who police the student body, basically), then Head Boy in his last year. This means, head of the the Prefects and a model student. His younger brother Ron felt overshadowed by him, and critizised his lack of humour.

Entering the Ministry, appeared the logical step for him, even when, eventually, his family feared he was being manipulated. In the last act, when confronted with the reality, he swiftly came to help the good guys and proves that he is a great guy at heart.

So, a role that proves that he is a good guy as late as Day 4... The shoe fits.

Also, such a role sits well with Cedric being a macho compulsive bodyguard and Ben being a one-shot neighbouriser (he was a communicator above all). And yes, none of said roles are not that wonderful but who is perfect.:D
I should be asleep now but.

See, this is the problem. Reading the HP wiki, I'm told Percy is basically someone who has great skill but also happens to be "naive" and falls victim to a corrupt ministry, and only realizes how messed up the ministry is too late. But reading some replies here, I'm given the idea that he's literally the Harry Potter version of Anakin Skywalker - someone promising who turns up to be beyond redemption.

So which is it? Is Percy a "naive" or "innocent" guy who is manipulated? Or as Lift puts it, "an asshole and would better fit a traitor"?
PookaMustard: So which is it? Is Percy a "naive" or "innocent" guy who is manipulated? Or as Lift puts it, "an asshole and would better fit a traitor"?
He was an asshole that betrayed his own family, but was eventually redeemed at the 11th hour.

Not the embodiment of evil like Darth Vader, just a pretentious prick that was swayed by the Dark Side's order and structure and was willing to sell out his own family to achieve personal gain and career advancement.

When the bleep hit the bloop, though, at the end he changed sides back to his family against the evil bad guy blah blah blah
Sorry guys! Busy times and internet troubles combined. Thanks for your patience, love and support.

yogsloth: You know what, you guys?

You do this one, then.

Unvotus Microfish
Yogsloth sulked because he was being scum-read by four people. Those who know yogsloth better than I do: help me out. It's not what I expect from his persona - I'd expect something more gung-ho laughing in the face of danger. Is town yogsloth more likely to sulk (or appear to sulk?) or scumsloth?

GameRager: What does the modifier EPIC do, if I may ask? I ask as I just went to the mafia wiki and found nothing.
;)

PookaMustard: So I have to disagree with the implication that no-lynch is beneficial to scum because "free night-kill." How is it even a "free" night-kill anyway? They were going to attempt a night-kill on Night 1 whether we lynched or not. The way I see it, we gave up our lynch, but they didn't give up their night-kill.
hmm... this time pooka's 'we' and 'they' seems more natural...
If I was giving him trouble for lamist comments, would he go to the trouble of manufacturing a lamist statement like this while trying to illustrate a different point?.. perhaps not. hm...

yogsloth: It's just a little frustration that I've put together the best case I can, articulated it to the best of my ability, and... I get scum-read for it, by the same people that are voting agreeing with my case, it makes no sense
I, for one, am not scum reading you for your articulate case against microfish
(I think it went something like 'town don't rolefish like this lol' 'you gog losers are going to no-lynch again aren't you?' 'don't no-lynch I hate it so much')

Microfish_1: Claim:

I go by the name of Percy Weasley, of the House Gryffindor, and my résumé states that I am a Townie D4 Innocent Child.
trentonlf: Bwahahahaaha, an Innocent Child that is not confirmed till Day 4....
What's so ridiculous about it? On Day 4 of a fourteen player game you'd expect 8 players left, and to be at mislynch-and-lose. A nice time for someone who's managed to avoid nightkill and lynch for four days to surprise flip town. I find it pretty hard to doubt, especially with micro's BCs.

unvotus Microfish

Mortadella Flockeschnee

What the other guy said. Saturday is too long.

Maybe I'm shifting pooka down from the more-suspected to the less-suspected pile. But maybe I hate to do that because then if I'm wrong I look real stupid.

Also, SirP - was your list of numbers a real thing? I assumed it was just a string of nonsense. o_o
oh! went back and checked and I saw that the reason SirP posted an unintelligable string of numbers and then criticised my formatting wasn't for lols but because carradice requested particular formatting so the data could be better fed into the horrifying matrix.

Carradice - Is it the same formula that decides what netflickses I should watch, what spotifies I should listen to and what scentojams I should smell?

Sorry for not paying attention.
Carradice: @SPF remains Mr. Inscrutable, meaning he is the one getting more ambiguous reads of all of us.
Wouldn't it be a laugh if someone like him who isn't on many people's scumdars turned out to be scum? That'd be a laugh at game end, I think.

Carradice: Opinion: Still, cannot see a clear case against @Micro nor @Flocke, while some of those pushing against them are not on solid ground. Cannot help wondering if the crowd is being herded, especially since there are fellows who have actually earned a healthy dose of suspicion.
Even if both are/were town(I think Micro is likely to be town, but don't want another nolynch and my main suspect Flocke has a smaller wagon atm), we need a lynch for the others with better skills in playing to analyze(or so I have been told a bunch of times) so it's either that or Flocke(in my list anyways).

Either we lynch Flocke(or someone else other town can provide a very good case to me to help lynch before deadline), or we lynch a possible town(Micro) and use his wagon(and those not on it as well) to help the better town players scum hunt.
=====================================================================

trentonlf: As of right now we have NO INFO to go on other than speculation and suspicion.
Well unless a scum slipped or outed themselves on purpose that seems(to me) to be usually how it goes early on in these games.

trentonlf: At the rate we are going we will no lynch everyday and scum will win by attrition.
As I said, I dunno about others(besides Lift voting for either of my two picks as well, and likely also to get a lynch), but I am trying to help make sure we get a lynch on D2. To that end I am willing to either help lynch Flocke or Micro(Possible town, BUT they seem to have a weak PR and we could have the better town players analyze his wagon if he's lynched[as I said before]), or (failing that) anyone who gets a big enough wagon that I can be convinced(by other town) is likely scum.
=======================================================================

Microfish_1: I know GR unvoted me, but he's also is liberally warning me that he will vote me, so i really don't know.
Mainly to help us have a wagon to analyze and so we don't go to another nolynch...as I said a few times so far.

At this point, though, I would much prefer Flocke, of course, due to their end of D1 posts and lack(up till this post by you that I am replying to) of posts explaining such from D1 or talking about much of anything really.....though I would vote you so we have a wagon for the better town players to help us analyze(I suck a bit at that sort of thing, sadly).

Microfish_1: I cannot tell yet which of the very vocal people might fit this hypothesis, if indeed it is true in this game. It is one reason I am leaning scum!GR, I don't recall him being this vocal before. Otoh, this theory might not fit the scum this time.
If I were scum that'd just paint a target on me and likely get a scum removed from play....i'd more likely hang back and let other more experienced scum take the lead if that were the case.

(Of course this is just my word so take all of that with a grain of salt, as would be expected)

Microfish_1: Keep it in mind when I am prven town
I have a good feeling you might be town, which is why i'm going for Flocke atm as my lead pick.
=========================================================================

yogsloth: trent actually brings up a very good point...

Anybody read the books?

So Voldemort lays a death trap for Harry, and instead Cedric Diggory triggers it. He takes the death that was meant for Harry.
Didn't OP say or hint that answers shouldn't be searched for in the fluff and/or source materials? I would have to check, but I believe he did.

yogsloth: So how on God's green flat Earth is Percy Weasley an Innocent Child? Percy was an eternally annoying little shit that went to work for the Ministry of Magic after it had gone completely evil. He knowingly worked against his own family, even after he knew it was wrong, and didn't come back to the fold until the very end.

You want an Innocent Child? Give me a Colin Creevy, or better yet, a Lavendar Brown, who actually got eaten by a wolf.

Does. Not. Compute.
I don't think everyone's character is going to fit any PR/supposed PR they might have.

Also imo this(as before) appears(key word: appears) to be "reaching".

IF Micro gets lynched and turns town you're going to look highly suspect(well along with myself and the others to a lesser extent)...you know that, right?

(It is for this reason I believe either you are a enthusiastic town[more likely by a bit], OR the "vocal scum in the public eye" that Micro brought up might be happening here)

(@OP: Above line is NOT a vote)
======================================================================

SirPrimalform: Hi all, on the bus. I'm reading, but making a big-ish post from my phone is horrible. Will reply later when I have a chance to uae a proper computer. Needless to say, I have thoughts and opinions on current events!
Hope to see you/such posts soon enough. :)

Lifthrasil: Hi there! Terribly busy day negotiating a contract. It will take a few hours until I find the time to read all that you've written. Cu later!
You as well(same as SPF above). :)

yogsloth: Hi everyone, currently hang-gliding over the Amazon, hunting penguins. Will play later when I have time to do all the stuff that I need to stuff.
Lol(I nearly spit out my drink), and good point....both posts above yours COULD be scum trying to ditch from giving reads/etc....will keep that in mind as well.
========================================================================

ZFR: ... Of course solving it would probably require more memory then there are elementary particles in the observable universe, but...

"Someone take this moron off the field." Shouts Dumbledore as two other faculty members drag Professor ZFR back to his seat.

"No talking with participants while the game's in progress. Don't make me open the brig." warns Dumbledore waving his wand.

The Tournament continues.
An OP modding themselves....now i've seen(nearly) it all. o.0 (Sorry all for the crap clip quality...it's the only one I could find)

yogsloth: Ah, a math professor at Hogwarts? I always wondered why nobody ever seemed to take math, or language. Professor ZFR must have an office next to Professor Binns teaching remotely practical things nobody would ever care about.
Well when people have magic to do many things, a ton of that "practical stuff" likely falls by the wayside.

*Done to Post 757....need to post a bit more then i'll be all caught up....also noting that Flocke still hasn't posted much of anything*
SirPrimalform: Fuck, got home and found out the internet had been disconnected by our provider. We had to phone them and sort it out, I've only just got back online. I'm really tired
What?!? That won't do......go get a screenshot of your repair order and/or a voice recording of the call to verify....lol j/k(i'm just joking with ya).....I am glad to hear you got back online and hope you are getting some much needed rest. :)

SirPrimalform: So you can go by the collective name of Agentcarradice, right? It's smoother than Joegtrial anyway.
Now we can all say in unison(with a silly lisp/etc): "Well hello Agent Carradice...sptpsppthspth" :D

SirPrimalform: We all know yogs bribes the mod and takes bets on the side.
Well it IS nice to have friends in high places.

Also damn, that was gonna be my ide....err...nothing to see here....move along, everyone. o.0 ;D

SirPrimalform: Carr!? They're both called Carr!
Yes. Remember how in the Mario Bros films both were names mario(last name)? Well it's the reverse in this game....both have the same first name. ;)

Lifthrasil: As for your breadcrumbs: weren't you the one who said 'oh yes, I'll do that next time I'm scum' when I suggested to breadcrumb several roles as scum jokingly? So that one would be able to pick a suitable one? So, how many other roles did you breadcrumb?

Also: a D4 innocent child is an awfully convenient claim that could be a scum false-claim intended to ensure your survival until Day 4. If we decide to believe that claim, you become untouchable until D4.
So I'm not sure what to make of this innocent child claim. I don't like it either way. Either it's a false claim or a very crippled role.

So, the question is how do we proceed with Micro? Neither his claim nor his 'proof' via RW are very convincing. So he might be either still be a decent lynch, if we decide to disbelieve him, or a decent investigation target for the cop.
He wasn't quickhammered either, but that may be NAI, since if he is Town any scum quickhammering him in the middle of the day would have been very suspicious.

But I am also still up for lynching Flocke, who disappeared. He has a grand total of one post Today that just promised that something would be coming - and that was 2 days ago. Maybe it's IRL. But maybe it's a newbie not knowing how to explain the 'not hammering' critique away.
You make many good points/suggestions in this post, and yeah we should either lynch Flocke or Micro at this point......though I am leaning more towards Flocke at this point due to his lack of posts/actions on D1 & not wanting to lynch a fellow town if I can avoid doing so or letting such happen.

Microfish_1: And since the books don't mention peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, they missed out on that wonderfullest of all lunches.
PB tastes bleh and is for poor people/peasants. :p ;)

*GR waits to drop down another .05 points for this remark on Micro's scum/town charts*

FlockeSchnee: I can't help but wonder, if all of you go collectively on vacation for Mafia games. My setting is at 50 posts per page and last time it was at page 13 now it's 16. o.O
I can't speak for others, but that is why I read a bit every so often to catch up and also write replies as I go(short ones at first, then I flesh them out a bit as needed when re-checking for grammar mistakes/missing stuff/etc). :)

FlockeSchnee: Well, I at least managed to catch up with the thread again and will try to get something coherent out tomorrow or saturday.
But isn't tomorrow saturday(or sunday for you in Germany)?

Also make sure not to wait too long....you have a train building on you atm and shouldn't wait till too close to deadline(if you can avoid it, barring IRL stuff that is) to do so. :)

Carradice: @Pooka: On Percy, here goes a minority report =)
Just wanted to say that I LOVED your breakdown of the confirmed and claimed PRs....nice of you to do that. :)

JoeSapphire: ...;)...
*Hands Joe a hankie*

"Here, you seem to have something in your eye"

(@OP: Above bolded bit is NOT a vote)

Hmm, it seems Flocke is at L-3 and isn't posting much....even when they had a chance to at LEAST give us a quick reads list(town or scum or neutral leaning).....as such, I will cast thusly:

Unvotus Microfish

Votus FlockSchnee

To all: Done for now...if anyone has any questions/comments/random snacks to give me....let me know/have em as i'll be online for a few hours. :)