It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: 3 each. You voted Lift.
No. I bolded the vote count, and added my name to it. That's the hammer.
ZFR: 3 each. You voted Lift.
PookaMustard: No. I bolded the vote count, and added my name to it. That's the hammer.
It's.... not how you vote. The format is:

Spell Player
Makus Votus Countus Becomus Fourus for Joppos!
and bolded....

PookaMustard: Makus Votus Countus Becomus Fourus for Joppos!
You have one job....
the wizard is trolling me

Makus Votus Countus Becomus Fourus with Boldus for Joppos!
OK. Just in case ZFR isn't writing a long wall of flavor:

Vote Joppo
The Tournament seems to take forever. The only thing that livens the atmosphere is Professor ZFR chasing Peeves as the latter conjurs up shapes resembling certain parts of the male anatomy.

Suddenly, the effects of the polyjuice potion begin to wear off and everyone sees that joppo was really the third Slytherin member. The transformation takes joppo by surprise and he falls from his broomstick breaking his hand.

Neville spots his chance to be a hero. "Votus" he shouts as he points his wand at joppo but nothing seems to happen. "What the heck..." he wonders and takes a closer look at the wand, when suddenly the full force of the spell hits him in the face. He picks his wand, walks towards joppo and whispers "votus". Nothing happens.

"Oh, for crying out loud." Professor ZFR has enough. He gets down from the stands, walks towards Neville, holds his hand, and points it at the figure still lying on the ground. "Now say it nicely and slo... Wait a second!" He runs towards a bush close to where joppo fell. "I found it!!!".

joppo is dead. He was Draco Malfoy (Slytherin), Mafia Tracker.

Game is over. Town won!

Though technically not a player, Dumbledore rules that Professor ZFR's finding of the Hat counts as a win. The Uniwizard Tournament is officially over.

Final standings:
1. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy
Congratulations town and congratulations Joppo for surviving so long on his own!
Neville runs towards Draco. "Just in case" he says sheepishly. "Votus".

Final Day 6 Vote Count

Joppo 4 - agent, Caesar, Lift, Pooka
Lift 2 - Micro, joppo

Not voting -

6 players. 4 to lynch.

Admin thread:
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/nTNbMx76EH8Q

Mafia chat:
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/WMhZn6PXixTp

Neighbours chat:
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/gcRaGQRPxiiCx

Observer thread:
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/PACDwDZXyvtT

Congrats to winners. Thanks everyone for playing.
Post edited March 14, 2020 by ZFR
ZFR: Neville runs towards Draco. "Just in case" he says sheepishly. "Votus".
I knew you'd come through for me.
So mafia team had:

One goon

One tracker, which is a nearly useless role for mafia teams regardless of setup, but in this case, actually counter-productive as Joppo was made unlimited shot, but that was the only role made so, so that by claiming it, Town immediately knew it was a lie, as every town role was limited shot

One single-shot role cop that deliberately returned incomplete results. I actually used my shot on GameRager night one, but only got "Cho Chang, Cop" as a result, nothing else. You can read scum chat to see the evolution of thought on assuming that with such a woefully, absurdly underpowered mafia team we didn't possibly think Town could have cop shot after cop shot after cop shot to work with.

Town had, what?

Three-cop Epic Cop
Bodyguard
JOAT with multiple extremely high-powered shots
Innocent Child (Day 4 is the same as Day 1, as gameplay should have made obvious)
Neighborizer
Miller with investigative immunity (lol)
... and whatever else since I stopped paying attention.

Plus a SK blasting away mafia as well.

I've played a lot of mafia. This was unquestionably the most unbalanced game not only that I've ever played, but that I have ever even heard of.

The town cop role, by itself, was *significantly* more powerful than the entire mafia team combined. If that had been literally the only Town role in the game I would tell you it was unbalanced. All the other roles just served to make it impossible for mafia to function, as revealing roles themselves act as defacto cop shots... Town didn't lynch a single claimed role, because they all cleared themselves... even the miller!

Ponder this - we no-lynched D1, killed a townie N1, lynched a townie D2, and by N2 mafia team had been mathematically eliminated.
Well done, Town! :)
yogsloth: ...
For comparison, an example C9++ setup:

Full Cop
D1 Innocent Child
Full Doctor/Blocker

vs

Goon, Goon, Blocker, SK

TTTCCMD (or B in place of D for a Blocker)

That's with Mafia having normal Night Chat only with no post-death chat.

My setup had the Cop nerfed to 3-shot, Doctor/Blocker nerfed to 3-shot and made compulsive, Innocent Child moved to D4.
To that added Bodyguard (again, compulsive can't target same player twice), which you yourselves called a "studpid role" and a neighbourizer, another weak role.
And a Miller.

The Mafia Blocker was replaced by 1-shot role cop and a tracker.
And were given total chat.

Town roles were underpowered too. JOAT had to use his shots in first three nights, when he still has no good idea who is who, and his Blocker could be a two edged sword. Bodyguard doesn't help numbers since he dies too, he only can be useful later, but even then since he's compulsive, he can only help if he hadn't protected that person early nights already.

And Town had to play those roles with a 71% presence (versus usual 75%) against two scum factions with an average 1.5 NKs per night.

yogsloth: Plus a SK blasting away mafia as well.
Yes, the SK was put there to specifically blast Mafia only.

yogsloth: Town immediately knew it was a lie, as every town role was limited shot
Nope. Bodyguard wasn't limited shot either.

yogsloth: Ponder this - we no-lynched D1, killed a townie N1, lynched a townie D2, and by N2 mafia team had been mathematically eliminated.
Maybe if you weren't so scummy as to draw Blocker and Cop shots?

Ponder this, at the beginning of N2, when you still had all three players left and were already going "boo hoo unbalanced", the only 2 unaccounted for Town shots left were one Blocker and one Stopper. Compulsive. And a Miller.
Carradice simply used both shots perfectly, blocking and stopping a kill, because of the way you acted. Without that, Town would be at D4 with just an IC and essentially all vanillas.
On top of that SK happened to kill you. Nothing you could do about that. But it's a 3-faction game free for all. Last trent's game for example it was also possible that Cop SK kills a scum, and Cop investigates the other one. Unbalanced?

yogsloth: This was unquestionably the most unbalanced game not only that I've ever played, but that I have ever even heard of.
OK.
Post edited March 16, 2020 by ZFR
Holy fuck. If Lift hadn't switched to Joppo, I would have never hammered the final scum.

I love the flavor. I really lived up to Neville.

Thanks for the game, ZFR, and all players! I will read everything else about the game when I get free.
PookaMustard: OK. Just in case ZFR isn't writing a long wall of flavor:

Vote Joppo
Man you had to come and vote me hadn't you? Why couldn't it be Agent coming to vote Lift instead?

=====================================================================================

Congratulations, townies. @GR I was looking forward to taking that random champagne bottle from you, but oh well, not this time.

Well it was a good run,despite us not winning. My great mistake was not claiming that my Tracker role was 4-shot or limited in some other way. Still, I think that I made you guys work hard to achieve that victory that was written in the wall since early D3. Not bad for a newbie.

Speaking of which, I am impressed with Carradice. I think he performed wonderfully for someone who never played before. I hope I can play in the same faction with you in a future game, mate.

Thanks @ZFR for the good game (although I still think Town was a bit too strong, but at least it was winnable). I appreciate the work, the dedication and, of course, the puns :)

Lastly I wanna thank my fellow scumbuddies for the valuable support. SPF in particular was absolutely vital for me to maneuver more like an experienced player when I had zero margin for error.

Now excuse me while I go read the rules... I mean, the other threads