It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: Now, I know, flavour isn't everything.
Hmmm...

Look. I went to the Harry Potter wiki to learn more about Neville. Dude literally got some sort of concoction involving some "evil onion" or whatever, I don't remember what it was exactly. But guess what makes me, as in Neville, feel Slytheriny? A potion that I drank prior to the game.

So maybe flavor is everything.
Lifthrasil: Now, I know, flavour isn't everything. But with the other roles at least after some deliberation we found the match between name and role. As trent pointed out: names do have bearing in this game. The mod even said so. So unless someone can explain to me how Neville fits as someone who would appear as Scum even though he is not, my vote stays.
(In the films at least)Neville was seen as useless or a nuisance, but he actually did a few good/helpful things and tried to be helpful as time went on.....same with the miller role: It gives an inaccurate/less favorable(of the miller) reading to the one doing the investigating/reading.

Maybe that fits?
====================================================================

Microfish_1: Anyone: EOD is when vs now (in hours, preferably)?
EOD is in approx 18 1/2 hours from now.

Microfish_1: Vote count please?
Pooka has 3 votes, Lift has 2 votes, and Trent has 1 vote.
=====================================================================
edit: I would also be willing to vote Trent before "others"
========================
Unofficial vote count

Pooka 3 - Lift, agent, Micro
Lift 2 - Joe, Gamerager
trent 1 - Pooka

Not voting - joppo, trent, Carradice, Caesar
========================
Idk about balance, but do you want to believe pooka, and jump on trent, believe joe, and go for Lift, or stay on Pooka?
Any of the 5 remaining (P, L, T, C, or J) i would vote "for clarity's sake" more than deep impressions of scum. :(

Flavour: Neville was thought to be a squib ie magically null or "useless". Soooooo....
GameRager: though i'm shocked/puzzled that you didn't leave more crumbs than that(was it because you were sick IRL?).
I didn't want to really drill the point that I was the miller and tell the scum to look away. So instead, I only really consciously left breadcrumbs twice. My whole goal all this time was to remove myself from the game via nightkill so that:

1) scum waste the nightkill on a role that hurts Town
2) get rid of a distraction without Town having to do it

I knew the whole time that getting killed was a much quicker resolution with less pains, as I predicted my claim will be seen as "convenient" even though that's literally what I got in my PM.
Microfish_1: Idk about balance, but do you want to believe pooka, and jump on trent, believe joe, and go for Lift, or stay on Pooka?
Any of the 5 remaining (P, L, T, C, or J) i would vote "for clarity's sake" more than deep impressions of scum. :(

Flavour: Neville was thought to be a squib ie magically null or "useless". Soooooo....
As I said before I will keep saying: We should keep lynching people one by one from the left over player pool, form scummiest to least (On average), or even at random, until we win. :)

Pooka and Joe seem to be more "cleared"(joe a bit more than pooka due to no one contesting or countering their claims so far) in my eyes atm, but I would lynch any of them to avoid a nolynch if any of the others don't get enough votes before deadline.
Lifthrasil: Now, I know, flavour isn't everything.
PookaMustard: Hmmm...

Look. I went to the Harry Potter wiki to learn more about Neville. Dude literally got some sort of concoction involving some "evil onion" or whatever, I don't remember what it was exactly. But guess what makes me, as in Neville, feel Slytheriny? A potion that I drank prior to the game.

So maybe flavor is everything.
Explanation

SPOILERS

Neville had a big family name to live up to, and especially, brave parents. He was left an orphan and raised by his grandmother. He had such a big hole to fill, but never sized up to her grandmother's expectations. He was seen as sassy, a weakling, and he felt he did not belong in Gryffindor, where bravery is apreciated.

However, Neville was in Gryffindor because, even if he felt weak, he admired bravery greatly, and had resources deep within that were to be revealed, eventually. He did not believe in himself, his grandmother did not, many of the other students despised him, Slytherin treated him cruelly, but... some of his teachers did believe in him, some of his comrades trusted him, and, eventually, he learned to trust himself... He was trusted with lots of Harry Potter's secrets, and... there are mysterious parallels between the lives and situations of Harry and Neville, and those of his father and Peter Pettigrew (the big traitor...) Only that Harry was less of an early assh0le an Neville grew up being standfast to the very end.

Things could have been very different, and life could have mirrored it self. It just did not.

Plus, there is more but no more spoilers are necessary.

If you want, Harry is the flashy fellow, while Neville is more a hobbit in the story, and some thrends in his life might have pushed him to doom and treason, but he proved the contrary spectacularly.

Sounds like a miller, here.
PookaMustard: I didn't want to really drill the point that I was the miller and tell the scum to look away. So instead, I only really consciously left breadcrumbs twice. My whole goal all this time was to remove myself from the game via nightkill so that:

1) scum waste the nightkill on a role that hurts Town
2) get rid of a distraction without Town having to do it

I knew the whole time that getting killed was a much quicker resolution with less pains, as I predicted my claim will be seen as "convenient" even though that's literally what I got in my PM.
Sounds like a reasonable stance for doing so(take the "magic bullet" for a more important town, etc). :)
==================================================

Carradice: Sounds like a miller, here.
Thanks for the wonderful explanation/reasoning out of Pooka's claimed role. :)
See the bandwagons: Pooka, Lift, trent.

Again the same. Lurkers being rewarded: who is considering Caesar and joppo?

Pooka's role runs parallel to that of Micro. It is the same reasoning. If it is not ZFR's, surely someone has matched ZFR's style well.

Pooka, Lift, trent.... why don't we try hitting scum somewhere else first?

Let us consider joppo and Caesar. Seriously. Would vote either one on this Day. Being a tough decision, it sounds less bad than removing any of the other three.
Carradice: Explanation

SPOILERS

Neville had a big family name to live up to, and especially, brave parents. He was left an orphan and raised by his grandmother. He had such a big hole to fill, but never sized up to her grandmother's expectations. He was seen as sassy, a weakling, and he felt he did not belong in Gryffindor, where bravery is apreciated.

However, Neville was in Gryffindor because, even if he felt weak, he admired bravery greatly, and had resources deep within that were to be revealed, eventually. He did not believe in himself, his grandmother did not, many of the other students despised him, Slytherin treated him cruelly, but... some of his teachers did believe in him, some of his comrades trusted him, and, eventually, he learned to trust himself... He was trusted with lots of Harry Potter's secrets, and... there are mysterious parallels between the lives and situations of Harry and Neville, and those of his father and Peter Pettigrew (the big traitor...) Only that Harry was less of an early assh0le an Neville grew up being standfast to the very end.

Things could have been very different, and life could have mirrored it self. It just did not.

Plus, there is more but no more spoilers are necessary.

If you want, Harry is the flashy fellow, while Neville is more a hobbit in the story, and some thrends in his life might have pushed him to doom and treason, but he proved the contrary spectacularly.

Sounds like a miller, here.
I think saying Neville is equivalent to a Miller is stretch, just as saying Percy is equivalent to an Innocent Child. Can it be twisted and looked at sideways to fit the bill, yes it can be, but still a stretch for both IMO. That being said, I tend to believe his claim but not based on his name but the fact that it's a role that offsets the Cop's investigation. I totally forgot about a Miller for a role that could negatively impact a Cop read.

*sigh*, I am starting to run out of people to suspect and as much as that sounds like a good thing I sure hope someone is not playing me like yogs did. If scum is not among Lift, joppo, or Caesar I think Town is going to implode as there are several people's claims that can be seen as convenient (mine included). A Godfather role scares me if they were clear by GameRager at this point more than 2 scum possibly being left.
Carradice: snip.
will do
@ZFR vote ConsulCaesar

simple math. Based on the most recent chart I have Joppo has more people clearing him than Caesar does. with EOD in 20-odd hours, I want somebody taken to lunch. I regret that I find Pooka's claim believeable.
(I really really want that updated chart, Carradice, before Nightfall if you have time, at least containing toDay's numbers, this is the most recent I have noticed, sorry:
https://www.gog.com/upload/forum/2020/02/aadc6abb80e192253539191399d975aea58726aa.jpg &
https://www.gog.com/upload/forum/2020/02/94c0befbaad4bfa56bcfb72cfd89267c3071f36d.jpg)

Caesar's vs Joppo Numbers 0.51 : 0.41 on suspicion, and 8 : 5 on trust, with lower numbers being better in both cases.
Plus Caesar has been borderline scummy much of the time, though maybe just curious. I hope he has a great time in observer chat.
His derpclear explanation i just don't see. He is guilty of the same thing i am, plus he keeps asking for names.

I hope others of you join me.

@Caesar, I hope you have played enough of the game to really enjoy it and to come back for our next games!

@carradice: my numbers of active players:

Trent: 0.45 (Claims vanilla, reads slightly more town than scum)
Lift: 0.4 (no claim, read town most of the game)
Joe: 0.1 (claim)
Carradice: 0.1 (wouldn't bus 2 fellow scum so hard)
GameRager: 0.0 (cop)
ConsulCaesar: 0.65 (too curious?)
Micro: 1.0 (Gotta be scum, that one. J/k. real = 0.0.)
Joppo: 0.6 (unknown, moves scum by default and lack of options)
Pooka: 0.6 (moved toward neutral due to well reasoned claim, even if fake)
AgentCarr 0.0 (too many roles to also be GF)

Would vote (in order): Caesar Pooka trent Joppo Lift Joe
Carradice: Let us consider joppo and Caesar. Seriously. Would vote either one on this Day. Being a tough decision, it sounds less bad than removing any of the other three.
Still, if we get to deadline and you don't pick one of the likely wagons you are essentially voting for a no lynch and helping scum(in that they likely get a NK and we get no shot at scum). ;)

But yes, if you could get a wagon on them and close to lynch in around 16 hours or so(which is the time we have left) then i'd be ok with adding my vote if need be. :)
==========================================================

Microfish_1: with EOD in 20-odd hours, I want somebody taken to lunch.
More like close to 16 1/2 hours, actually.

Microfish_1: @Caesar, I hope you have played enough of the game to really enjoy it and to come back for our next games!
Let's all be honest, we'd likely drag ANY available body into the game by lure or force if need be. ;D
actually, if i don't see a wagon on the other two forming before i go to bed i will consider switching to pooka as anybody is better than nobody, his role doesn't actively help town more than a vanilla, and he *might* be scum....

Voting Ceasar, will vote pooka or trent to avoid nl and thus shrink the active playerbase.

everyone--we cannot have a nl, so long as we do not lunch solid town.
caesar will have <16 hours to claim, whereas trent and pooka have claimed, both as (essentially) vanilla.

let us consolidate onto two trains--we only need 6 to do it and 4 aren't voting.
must vote someone.
PS: while i want a caesar train, trent & pooka are closest to lunch. will vote for one of them before bed if not sooner unless caesar gets to l-3 by then
Carradice's actions of leaning on and then hopping off of trains is not very nice.
Microfish_1: everyone--we cannot have a nl, so long as we do not lunch solid town.
caesar will have <16 hours to claim, whereas trent and pooka have claimed, both as (essentially) vanilla.
Do you really think he'll be able to come online & read everything, claim(if needed), and then we'd also then have time(if needed) to switch to another wagon if we think him town?

Microfish_1: PS: while i want a caesar train, trent & pooka are closest to lunch. will vote for one of them before bed if not sooner unless caesar gets to l-3 by then
You forgot the lift wagon. ;)

Microfish_1: Carradice's actions of leaning on and then hopping off of trains is not very nice.
Maybe he's like me and trying to get claims from people so we can narrow down our lists? :|
========================================

To all: Going to eat and do chores...will be back on in about an hour and a half or a bit more.
true, i switch my vote back to pooka. it is an admittedly weakish claim, and i don't see lift as getting things done.
please tell me what you see bad about lift?
GameRager: snip
correction: I forgot to vote:

@ZFR vote Pooka

=================
Unofficial vote count

Pooka 3 - Lift, agent, Micro
Lift 2 - Joe, Gamerager
trent 1 - Pooka

===================

@Carradice your recommendation that we vote someone else, at 15 hours to EOD is a scummy one. Surely you know (you have preached, if memory served) the badness of no lunch.
STOP being scummy or I will have to rethink you.

Not voting - joppo, trent, Carradice, Caesar
Takes 6 to lunch.