It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night

The spookiest time of the year is upon us and to celebrate that we’ve prepared something hauntingly awesome! Our Halloween Sale contains more than 3000 (yes, three thousand!) eerie-sistible gaming deals up to 90% off.

Whether you’re looking for visual novels, fantasy RPGs, FPS games, roguelikes, platformers, strategies, survival horrors you will find it all there! Sale lasts until November 3rd, 11 PM UTC. Here are some of the examples:

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition - 60% off!
You won’t find a better deal on that incredible multi-award-winning action role-playing game than this one. Experience Aloy’s entire legendary quest to unravel the mysteries of a world ruled by deadly Machines.

Scorn with a 10% discount!
An atmospheric first-person horror adventure game and one of the most anticipated games of 2022. Immerse yourself in a world heavily inspired by the grimly surrealist works of Swiss artist H.R. Giger and Polish dystopian painter Zdzisław Beksiński where extreme violence, blood and gore merge with nightmarish, disturbing, puzzle-like imaginary.

Cult of the Lamb on a 20% off deal!
Action adventure roguelike with managerial and community building elements that took the gaming world by storm. The game casts players in the role of a possessed lamb saved from annihilation by an ominous stranger, and must repay their debt by building a loyal following in his name. Start your own cult in a land of false prophets, venturing out into diverse and mysterious regions to build a loyal community of woodland Followers and spread your Word to become the one true cult.

Project Warlock 2-pack with a 52% discount!
If you prefer to celebrate Halloween by running rampant through hordes of bloodthirsty enemies and showing them who’s the real boss you’re in luck! Bundle containing Project Warlock and Project Warlock II will provide you with just that. This series is a modern cult classic. An FPS action-shooter inspired by the likes of DOOM, Hexen and Wolfenstein that simply cannot be missed by the genre’s fans.

B.I.O.T.A. - 25% off!
Platformer filled with action combat. In this 2D metroidvania you command a team of mercenaries and investigate a mining colony infected by an alien plague. Explore a pixel art world packed with mutant monsters and deadly traps. Try to survive using a multitude of guns and various crafts, including a mech, a sub, and a starship. And that’s not all! B.I.O.T.A. took inspiration from many cult classic sci-fi and horror movies from the 1980s and so does the game’s first Halloween special in-game event C.R.E.A.T.U.R.E.S. that is available for every owner of the game for free until the end of Halloween Sale. Make sure to check it out!

Little Nightmares II on a -60% deal!
Mesmerising action adventure puzzle game set in a world of charming horror, stunning visuals and suspense. You play as Mono, a young boy trapped in a world that has been distorted by the humming transmission of a distant tower. With Six, the girl in the yellow raincoat, as his guide, Mono sets out to discover the dark secrets of The Signal Tower. Their journey won't be easy; Mono and Six will face a host of new threats from the terrible residents of this world.

Chasm: The Rift with a 25% discount!
Having its roots in 1997 and developed in Ukraine, Chasm: The Rift is one of the most thrilling and innovative FPS from this era and the first Eastern European boomer shooter ever made. Prepare for terror in this ground-breaking classic where in the following of the destruction of Time you are left to battle in this horrific hellhole of multilevel interconnected missions populated by gruesome grotesque creatures.

Alien: Isolation - 80% off!
Discover the true meaning of fear in this action survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. As main protagonist Amanda, you will navigate through an increasingly volatile world as you find yourself confronted on all sides by a panicked, desperate population and an unpredictable, ruthless Alien. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

And remember that these are just a few examples! We highly recommend checking all of the Sale’s titles yourself and picking your own favourites. And if 3000+ titles seems like a lot (because let’s be honest, it is a lot of games!) we can help you decide which game to play during Halloween with our special QUIZ.

Also, if you love dark aesthetics and Halloween themes as much as we do, make sure to check out our latest blog entry about the most beautiful and unique art styles in scary games. You can find it right HERE.

There’s not much left to say other than we wish you an incredible Halloween and have fun with all the discounted titles!
Post edited October 27, 2022 by Clownski_
This sale is boring. No contests, no countdowns or daily flash sales, not much sense of it being an event. It's unclear if Genesis Alpha One is even part of this sale. I hope the Christmas sale will have that special feeling of excitement and activity that encourages members to buy!
Which one is better for single player ?

Talisman or Talisman Origins ?
syscrusher: No contests
Project Warlock & GOG Contest: win game’s bundles and BIG BOX releases signed by John Romero ends November 2nd at 11 PM UTC.
syscrusher: no countdowns or daily flash sales
There are countdowns on the main page right now for The Captain and Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack.
syscrusher: It's unclear if Genesis Alpha One is even part of this sale.
It's a giant banner for a horror game giveaway, in the middle of all the Halloween deals.
DD & Ji Ji: Which one is better for single player ?

Origins.

Talisman is primarily a multi-player game, where you can also play against the AI.

Talisman Origins is purely a single-player game, with several story-driven campaigns based on the same ruleset as Talisman.

That said, I don't recommend Talisman Origins at all. It is a boring repetitive game.
DD & Ji Ji: Which one is better for single player ?

Talisman: Digital Edition is the better game all around; it is, however, just a board game with mediocre A.I. -- there's no single-player campaign, no plot, not really even much in-game lore.
Talisman: Origins is better for single-player in theory, since that's all it is: a single-player story campaign (or, rather, several campaigns) using the same basic Talisman board game mechanics used by the Digital Edition. In practice, though, it's much buggier (in some cases seemingly broken) and more-or-less-officially abandoned, while the Digital Edition (i.e., the main game) still gets occasional updates.
The Origins base game could still be worth it on sale if you already like Talisman (and understand that Origins is not an RPG at all, and not much of a strategy game either). But unless not having a story mode is a deal-breaker, I'd recommend trying the base Digital Edition first.
mrkgnao: Talisman Origins is purely a single-player game, with several story-driven campaigns based on the same ruleset as Talisman.

That said, I don't recommend Talisman Origins at all. It is a boring repetitive game.
It's also extremely buggy and reportedly abandoned. Personally, I also found much of the writing for the story portions (as far as the game would let me get before a bug soft-locked me, anyway) to be amateurish to an embarrassing degree, though one's mileage will vary there.
mrkgnao: Origins.

Talisman is primarily a multi-player game, where you can also play against the AI.

Talisman Origins is purely a single-player game, with several story-driven campaigns based on the same ruleset as Talisman.

HunchBluntley: Talisman: Digital Edition is the better game all around; it is, however, just a board game with mediocre A.I. -- there's no single-player campaign, no plot, not really even much in-game lore.
Talisman: Origins is better for single-player in theory, since that's all it is: a single-player story campaign (or, rather, several campaigns) using the same basic Talisman board game mechanics used by the Digital Edition. In practice, though, it's much buggier (in some cases seemingly broken) and more-or-less-officially abandoned, while the Digital Edition (i.e., the main game) still gets occasional updates.
The Origins base game could still be worth it on sale if you already like Talisman (and understand that Origins is not an RPG at all, and not much of a strategy game either). But unless not having a story mode is a deal-breaker, I'd recommend trying the base Digital Edition first.
Thank you for the replies .
Any other digital board game in the catalog that great for single player ?
Post edited October 29, 2022 by DD & Ji Ji
@Ice_Mage - The countdowns are just Deals of the Day. And Genesis Alpha One is a sci-fi FPS that may be interpreted as horror but it's not obviously for Halloween. If it is, another game should replace it as a giveaway when it expires tomorrow.
Clownski_: Noted, will discuss the case with the rest of the team.
Please add to that discussion the number of posts in the RSS feed and the newly added news feed, which even contains less(!) entries. Both feeds often overflow within hours.

mqstout: Today alone has generated more news posts than the "scroller" can handle. It should scroll VERTICALLY (not horizontally) and show X days worth of news posts, not Y quantity of them. Either/or/both with a large enough number. Please pass it on. I'm here searching the forums to try to find others I missed. And often have to rely on the fan-curated "GOG & Staff posts" thread that's pinned because of the way it's done.
I fully agree. The GOG RSS and news feed have exactly the same problem. As a workaround you can use the API to get the URLs of the latest news posts:

curl -s -b gog_lc=US_USD_en-US 'https://www.gog.com/api/news?language_code=en&limit=100' | jq -r '.items[].links.website'

curl and jq are also available on MacOS and perhaps on Windows too.
(Just remove the forum crap from the URL in the command. The GOG forum needs a code tag...)
Post edited October 29, 2022 by eiii
Chasm: The Rift is not on sale anymore? Was part of the Halloween sale, right?
DD & Ji Ji: Any other digital board game in the catalog that great for single player ?
Wingspan is really nice (one of my favorites of any kind of game, although like many games it could use a no blood option for a few cards). Not on sale now, though. The AI seemed to get a bit worse when playing without the expansion when the expansion arrived, although it might have been fixed since then and was still not that bad (possibly I just got better around then). I ended up getting the expansion and haven't played without it since then. With the expansion I still don't win reliably vs two AI after 50 games (total, not just post expansion) and not just due to luck (although sometimes that); the AI plays solidly on hard and if you mess up you are not likely to win. I play the less competitive option where end of round goals are determined based entirely on your own progress (the other option determines points based on rank).

There is another expansion in progress as well, I'm not sure when that will be released. The board game only has the two expanisons so I think that will be it. The AI is a bit slow still, although with two AI opponents it is mostly an issue during the first round and I can still finish a full game in 30 minutes now that I know the game well. There are some "all players" effects so at least with the unranked end of round goals it is easier with more players.

I recommend just getting the base game at first, unless you already know and like the board game. There is less to learn all at once starting with the base game. The tutorial for the expansion is available in the base game and extra backgrounds from the decorative pack appear seasonally in the base game. The soundtrack is relaxing with the bird sounds but IMO quite dull without them and being a short game it is easy to listen to it by playing the game, so I recommend not getting the soundtrack (I usually turn it off and listen to other music along with the bird sounds).
Halloween Scary Or Sweet:
https://www.gog.com/en/promo/2022_halloween_scary_or_sweet
• $0.89 • -90% • Bad Dream: Coma
• $0.89 • -85% • Shadowgrounds
• $0.99 • -90% • Bad Dream: Fever
• $0.99 • -80% • Painkiller: Overdose
• $1.25 • -86% • DISTRAINT 2
• $1.49 • -85% • F.E.A.R. Platinum
• $1.79 • -70% • Harvester
• $1.99 • -80% • Anodyne
• $1.99 • -90% • Figment
• $1.99 • -80% • Painkiller Black Edition
• $1.99 • -80% • The Count Lucanor
• $2.03 • -66% • Blood 2: The Blood Group
• $2.39 • -70% • Gato Roboto
• $2.39 • -40% • Unholy Heights
• $2.49 • -75% • Costume Quest
• $2.49 • -90% • Silver Chains
• $2.49 • -90% • The Beast Inside
• $2.99 • -80% • Crawl
• $2.99 • -85% • Outlast
• $3.24 • -75% • Cat Quest
• $3.39 • -66% • STASIS
• $3.49 • -65% • CHUCHEL
• $3.74 • -75% • Antihero
• $3.74 • -75% • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn
• $3.74 • -75% • Mother Russia Bleeds
• $3.89 • -70% • Donut County
• $3.89 • -70% • Pikuniku
• $3.99 • -80% • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
• $3.99 • -80% • Apsulov: End of Gods
• $3.99 • -80% • Remothered: Tormented Fathers
• $4.00 • -80% • Overcooked: Gourmet Edition
• $4.49 • -70% • Cat Quest II
• $4.49 • -85% • Outlast 2
• $4.49 • -70% • Slime-san: Superslime Edition
• $4.49 • -70% • The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters
• $4.54 • -65% • CHUCHEL Cherry Edition
• $4.99 • -50% • Chook and Sosig: Walk the Plank
• $4.99 • -75% • INSIDE
• $4.99 • -75% • Slime Rancher
• $5.19 • -60% • The Park
• $5.99 • -70% • Close To The Sun
• $6.24 • -75% • Mother Russia Bleeds: Dealer Edition
• $6.49 • -35% • Killing Time
• $7.49 • -75% • SPORE Collection
• $7.49 • -50% • The Swords of Ditto: Mormos Curse
• $7.49 • -75% • Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
• $7.99 • -80% • Alien: Isolation
• $7.99 • -20% • Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient
• $7.99 • -60% • DUSK
• $7.99 • -60% • The Blind Prophet
• $7.99 • -80% • Yooka-Laylee
• $8.49 • -50% • Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle
• $8.79 • -33% • Happy Game
• $9.99 • -50% • Anodyne 2: Return to Dust
• $9.99 • -80% • Dying Light: Definitive Edition
• $9.99 • -50% • Horror Story: Hallowseed
• $9.99 • -75% • Kerbal Space Program
• $9.99 • -50% • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
• $10.71 • -33% • Happy Game - Collector's Edition
• $10.99 • -45% • Kitaria Fables
• $11.24 • -55% • Maid of Sker
• $11.99 • -40% • White Shadows
• $12.14 • -75% • Overcooked! 2 Gourmet Edition
• $13.99 • -30% • Corpse Party (2021)
• $14.99 • -75% • Metro Franchise Bundle
• $15.79 • -21% • HROT
• $16.24 • -35% • Jupiter Hell
• $16.24 • -35% • Succubus
• $17.49 • -50% • Kindred Spirits on the Roof
• $19.99 • -20% • Thymesia
• $19.99 • -20% • WRATH: Aeon of Ruin
• $25.99 • -35% • Them and Us Bundle
• $27.99 • -44% • The Medium

Additions/changes:
• $6.99 • -30% • Shovel Knight Showdown
• $6.99 • -30% • Shovel Knight: King of Cards
• $6.99 • -30% • Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
• $8.49 • -15% • Sucker for Love: First Date
• $10.49 • -30% • Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope
• $16.99 • -15% • Cyber Shadow
• $25.99 • -35% • Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Stig79: Not buying any games during this sale, due to the moronic Halloween Sale pop-up Gog is forcing in my face all the time.
Syphon72: I agree with you the people is annoying.
Now now, there's no need for a misanthropic autocorrect :-)
Additions/changes:
• $1.39 • -80% • Meridian: New World
• $1.49 • -75% • Battle Isle: The Andosia War
• $2.79 • -60% • KnightShift
• $2.99 • -50% • Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion
• $3.49 • -50% • Crusade in Europe
• $3.99 • -90% • Divinity: Dragon Commander
• $4.49 • -90% • Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition
• $4.68 • -33% • Theatre of War
• $4.99 • -50% • Heritage of Kings: The Settlers
• $7.49 • -70% • Dark Future: Blood Red States
• $9.89 • -67% • Iron Harvest