It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Insomnia returns to GOG.com.

[i]BREAKING TOO: You bought all the classics. Nice! Fresh new games are taking over both streams until all units are gone. We're getting there, so be quick!
[/i]

BREAKING: Doomsday projections of an impending worldwide caffeine shortage reported, as the hyper-popular Insomnia promo returns to GOG.com. Last spotted in May of 2014, the "greatest promo ever" has since transformed into a phenomenon most accurately described as "Double Insomnia". GOG.com's best men have been unable to fully comprehend the nature of this beastly transformation so far. Preliminary research indicates, however, that its effects are relatively benign.

Welcome back, sleepless friends. Against everyone's better judgement, the hyperactive promo returns to GOG.com with twice the everything. The Double Insomnia Promo will feature more games than ever, and two simultaneous pools: Seasoned classics and Fresh new titles. If you know how this works you're probably trembling with anticipation already (or is it fear?), but if you're just joining us... well, you'll still probably make it out okay.

What's all the hullabaloo about? All sales are offered in limited quantities, and the number of copies remaining is labeled with a huge counter on the front page. There are two pools, and only one game from either pool can be on sale at one time. Once a game sells out, another will immediately take its place so that two are always available. If you missed your chance, fear not but keep your eyes open! Your favorite one will probably be back. Insomnia mercilessly goes on, day and night, until every single unit is gone - like a carousel of deals. You might even have a chance to get a free game, if you're lucky that is.
Post edited March 02, 2015 by Konrad
eiii: Any hidden shade of gray that tells me if I already own a game on sale which I haven't discovered so far?
Use a browser other than Firefox. In Chrome you'll have the "Owned" button, but you will have to page refresh or click through to see the actual price (the discount does appear).
Seeing strange phenomenon on the homepage now. Fresh load of page, game has 40+ left, add to cart and get:

"DOUBLE INSOMNIA PROMO NOTIFICATION
Swing and a miss... Sorry, this offer is expired. You can still proceed with the normal priced purchase, or go back to the main page for more great deals and chances for free games."

Reload page and it show only slightly less than what it did previously with plenty of them left. Ah well, no buy. :)
skeletonbow: Seeing strange phenomenon on the homepage now. Fresh load of page, game has 40+ left, add to cart and get:

"DOUBLE INSOMNIA PROMO NOTIFICATION
Swing and a miss... Sorry, this offer is expired. You can still proceed with the normal priced purchase, or go back to the main page for more great deals and chances for free games."

Reload page and it show only slightly less than what it did previously with plenty of them left. Ah well, no buy. :)
I saw the same. You can just go ahead and buy it, I believe, as the promo price is what's shown - also, if you refresh the cart page, you should find the warning goes away.
timppu: Ack! Another promo which doesn't show if you have the game already?
Maxvorstadt: I`ve got only 67 games in my library, so I will be able to know if I already own a game.
By the way, will this insomnia also include movies?
And now we know the answer to this is "Yes".
Maxvorstadt: I`ve got only 67 games in my library, so I will be able to know if I already own a game.
By the way, will this insomnia also include movies?
yyahoo: And now we know the answer to this is "Yes".
Since I saw the movie "ink" showing up in the sale I also know it!
I thought the Black Mirror was removed from GOG?
INK IS SO GOOD.

Sorry, that slipped out.

If I didn't already own it on Blu-Ray, I would surely buy it here.
ggf162: I thought the Black Mirror was removed from GOG?
It's just a guest promo appearance from Black Mirror. Some other Nordic games might pop up during the promo. Only during the promo, though.
Nordic's already been temporarily back for one promo. Apparently, they're (probably temporarily) back again for a second time.

Edit: Ninja'd by blue.
Post edited March 02, 2015 by yyahoo
Looking at Nordic's selection, it looks like a few games are back in the catalog; Black Mirror 1 and 2, Red Faction 1 and 2, Spellforce Platinum, Book of Unwritten Tales, etc. It's not complete, and it may just be for the insomnia sale as far as I know, but I'd like to know what's going on exactly as well.

EDIT: As I typed this a blue confirmed my suspicion...
Cypisss: It's just a guest promo appearance from Black Mirror. Some other Nordic games might pop up during the promo. Only during the promo, though.
If I were you, I'd make one of your top priorities bringing back Nordic. They're too good a friend to lose them for only random sales. It's not fair to your customers, and it's not fair to the game makers.

Make it work!
Post edited March 02, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
Cypisss: It's just a guest promo appearance from Black Mirror. Some other Nordic games might pop up during the promo. Only during the promo, though.
Any news on a more long-lasting return? And Black Mirror 3?
eiii: Any hidden shade of gray that tells me if I already own a game on sale which I haven't discovered so far?
LinustheBold: Use a browser other than Firefox. In Chrome you'll have the "Owned" button, but you will have to page refresh or click through to see the actual price (the discount does appear).
Hmm... still using Firefox 35.0.1 and the "Owned" button shows up for me and the price usually refreshes automatically. Wonder why the newer version of Firefox would have a problem.
JinseiNGC224: If I were you, I'd make one of your top priorities bringing back Nordic. They're too good a friend to lose them for only random sales. It's not fair to your customers, and it's not fair to the game makers.

Make it work!
Yeah, Nordic Games were one of the most beloved publishers on GOG.com (at least by me). They seemed to really appreciate GOG.com and our community.

I would really love to see them back permanently. Work on it!
Any chance of them dropping Black Mirror 3 into the hat sometime?

It was stated by the publisher in the release thread for one of the games than #3 was following shortly so I bought the first two and now I'm stuck with an incomplete series on my shelf. I don't want to buy it somewhere else, I want it on my GOG shelf with the other two, please. ;-)
I don't get it. I didn't see anything on sale that others keep typing about. What the heck is this insomnia stuff. I thought I had seen insomnia sales before on GOG, where each game for sale is like sold until a certain countdown of purchases I think, but this time all I keep seeing is a video of some girl trying to play a game, but certainly no list of games for sale or anything like that.