It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new update is now available for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

With this update we’ve focused on introducing balance changes, as well as adding numerous game fixes and tooltip improvements to the game. Additionally, we’ve launched a weekend discount on transmutation of Premium Cards – until Monday, February 12th, 12 PM CET you will be able to upgrade cards to their Premium version for half of their transmutation cost.

CHANGES
-Cards which previously used the phrase "wherever they are" now use "in hand, deck, and on board".
-Cards now use the term "toggle" to indicate that Lock, Spying, and Resilience statuses can be both added and removed.

NEW FEATURES
-Players will be now able to abandon and reroll one of their Daily Quests!
-Celebrate the Chinese New Year with the Lunar New Year Bundle!

There's also a detailed overview describing all card changes introduced in this update and the reasoning behind it. If you are interested in the full patch notes, you can find them here.
bizonkids: I hoped they fixed the Nova glitch. Sometimes you cannot see the 25 points boost on the card, but it only adds the point on the row total and total points.
GICaesar: It's 22 points boost now only, so she has been made even greater bitch than she was (as now Geralt: Igni can't hit her if she's the single card on the row).
22 points is nothing. Totally not worth using anymore. Most of the gold cards without any restrictions have around 22 points.
bizonkids: 22 points is nothing. Totally not worth using anymore. Most of the gold cards without any restrictions have around 22 points.
I would not mind removing her completely. Never liked bastard cards personaly (meaning Olaf, Iris, Shupe, Hubert or Vincent too). I know she was meant as a finisher, but she prooved to be a lot exaggerated one when not right an instawin. Imagine you work hard during the whole match. Why, you may even get a card advantage in round 3 and a decent point lead. Your opponent does nothing during the whole match, so it looks like you're just about to win. But what happens instead - shazaaam, the bugger pulls his instawin card and the only thing you can do is to pick up your jaw from the floor.

Finaly CDP understood this and tried to nerf her, but in fact what they did is making her even more dangerous by taking her out of Geralt: Igni range. So I would not agree she's not worth using anymore...
HereForTheBeer: Why is it that this is the ONLY game for which we regularly get notification threads from gOg telling us about patch-type updates?
GICaesar: Not entirely so. GOG missed the midwinter patch completely. At least, there is not a word about it in my GOG client.

HereForTheBeer: Considering it's a free game
GICaesar: I do not consider a game where I have to buy kegs for real world money free. Imagine you would have to buy in The Witchers 1, 2, 3 arms & armour for Geralt for real world money, yet those games are of course not free too.
It's optional but buying those things is highly addictive sadly. Another reason I quit playing. I can't also enjoy it when I get into 'tilt' mode. I'm a sore loser. :P
Were the dorfs fixed?
Season ended and i havend received my prices.............
ZFR: Were the dorfs fixed?
In a manner of speaking. Last week he was fitted for prosthetic legs.
Yes... Meaning the skirmishers are but boosted insted of strengthened...
GICaesar: Not entirely so. GOG missed the midwinter patch completely. At least, there is not a word about it in my GOG client.

I do not consider a game where I have to buy kegs for real world money free. Imagine you would have to buy in The Witchers 1, 2, 3 arms & armour for Geralt for real world money, yet those games are of course not free too.
Senteria: It's optional but buying those things is highly addictive sadly. Another reason I quit playing. I can't also enjoy it when I get into 'tilt' mode. I'm a sore loser. :P
Sure it is optional. But try to build a solid deck from the resources you get for GGs and daily rewards only. How long will it take you if a competitive deck from gwentdb is about 5300 - 5400 scraps... And, even if you spend - I have to warn all others intended to do so... I did, personaly. In fact it is not worth it. If you are after legendaries, I received about 3 for each 60 kegs I bought. In the last month I may have made such a purchase about 5 times. As I was about to test some top rated decks from gwentdb to have at least one good for each faction. In the proces, I lost everything I bought, because most of the decks I tested proved to be - let's say it decently - highly incompetitive. So why store cards you don't actualy play? So I milled the majority of them again, in search for good decks. In the end, I was able to find 5 good decks, one for each faction, but allmost my entire collection built since the start of open beta is gone. So to the others - don't mill your cards for the sake of getting those that you need. Better forfeit the deck you would like to play so much, yet you lack the resources, and slowly, but surely, continue to build your collection - 1 gold and silver each, 3 bronzes each. Gradualy, but in long term, you will be able to play every possible deck this way.

Addictive as you say it might be, but if your real world resources are limited, like my case, than this will keep a good control of you :-) Fortunately enough... As for losing - no reason to quit. I lose too, actually more than I win. Yet I could become rank 19 even so, which is not that bad at all. Be stubborn enough, and you will see you will manage too, or even do better. Best of luck to you at that (y)
GICaesar: Yes... Meaning the skirmishers are but boosted insted of strengthened...
Wait, you mean to tell me my question actually did make sense?
bizonkids: I hoped they fixed the Nova glitch. Sometimes you cannot see the 25 points boost on the card, but it only adds the point on the row total and total points.
GICaesar: It's 22 points boost now only, so she has been made even greater bitch than she was (as now Geralt: Igni can't hit her if she's the single card on the row).
i dont know u played the witcher 3 or not but please be polite about the characters
GICaesar: Yes... Meaning the skirmishers are but boosted insted of strengthened...
ZFR: Wait, you mean to tell me my question actually did make sense?
:D :D :D

Well, actually I cannot imagine any other reason why someone would ask what you do, if he would not want to her this :-)
bestultimate: i dont know u played the witcher 3 or not but please be polite about the characters
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, I played all the 3 witchers. Have YOU? Have YOU read the books?

As for the second part of your sentence, like are you realy serious?

Weather the books Andrzej Sapkowski wrote, or the very games CDP created on the motives of his books - it is a world full of fucking, farting, gagging, belching and every possible profanity human mind can imagine, yet you want *ME* to be what? Polite?? Come on, don't be such a sanctimonious ass (LOL, nothing bad meant to you)...

As for Ciri: Nova, first I forgot to add the word "decrepit", and second I stand by my words. And I stridently stress that I speak about the C*A*R*D, not about Ciri the charachter from Sapkowski's novels, who is of course a maximaly positive character and deserves every respect.
ZFR: Wait, you mean to tell me my question actually did make sense?
just as much sense as the answer...
Neat! Lunar events are super dope.
bestultimate: i dont know u played the witcher 3 or not but please be polite about the characters
GICaesar: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, I played all the 3 witchers. Have YOU? Have YOU read the books?

As for the second part of your sentence, like are you realy serious?

Weather the books Andrzej Sapkowski wrote, or the very games CDP created on the motives of his books - it is a world full of fucking, farting, gagging, belching and every possible profanity human mind can imagine, yet you want *ME* to be what? Polite?? Come on, don't be such a sanctimonious ass (LOL, nothing bad meant to you)...

As for Ciri: Nova, first I forgot to add the word "decrepit", and second I stand by my words. And I stridently stress that I speak about the C*A*R*D, not about Ciri the charachter from Sapkowski's novels, who is of course a maximaly positive character and deserves every respect.
first: i apologize i didnt know
second: yes i played the witcher games and i really like to read the books but sadly i live in a country named IRAN.
you cant even get the original witcher games here dont even mention getting the books and if you get the book half of it is censored.for games and books its a hell
third: why become so angry for just a card game? you dont need to be so toxic.just tell your opinion.
and again im sorry for Misjudging you