It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The recently introduced Nilfgaard faction received the most tweaks.

A new update for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> is now available on PC and Xbox One!

The main focus of this update is to improve balance, solve some of the major issues that were affecting gameplay, and improve how Nilfgaard works – especially strategies focusing on revealing cards. A lot of Nilfgaard gold cards have also received strength improvements (details below).

Another big change is for the Clan Tuirseach Axeman card – its ability now only works with units damaged on the opponent's side.

The full list of changes, sorted by faction, is available <span class="bold">here</span>.
GOG.com: The recently introduced Nilfgaard faction received the most tweaks.

A new update for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> is now available on PC and Xbox One!

The main focus of this this update is to improve balance, solve some of the major issues that were affecting gameplay, and improve how Nilfgaard works – especially strategies focusing on revealing cards. A lot of Nilfgaard gold cards have also received strength improvements (details below).

Another big change is for the Clan Tuirseach Axeman card – its ability now only works with units damaged on the opponent's side.

The full list of changes, sorted by faction, is available <span class="bold">here</span>.
Great!!!
Double weather card make no sense now to be honest, all other changes are ok
That's good about the Axeman.. as it was they were pretty unstoppable.

Not too many other fixes or changes though (outside Nilfgaard, but that's not unsurprising really)
RIP my weather deck :((((
LOL...

"The main focus of this update" is to disrupt any existing strategies it would appear... Why make new cards when in a week or two they are already looking to change them... What ballance does it give a game if a crone is 6 or 7 or 8 base strength... Why make double weather cards when they now look for a way to make them useless. I do not like this course at all... If a reaver scout plays a copy of a bronze unit from my deck today, what will it do tomorrow? Perhaps it will spawn the Villentretenmerth who jumps up on Foltest and fucks him up the arse?

Where is the solution to ANY SIGNIFICANT ISSUE... The game is unable to pair players for long minutes and when it does you have to play the same people or play your strategy against the same strategy used by the opponent for example. Why is the player punished with a loss if the game crashes for example... Etc. etc. etc.
GICaesar: LOL...

"The main focus of this update" is to disrupt any existing strategies it would appear... Why make new cards when in a week or two they are already looking to change them... What ballance does it give a game if a crone is 6 or 7 or 8 base strength... Why make double weather cards when they now look for a way to make them useless. I do not like this course at all... If a reaver scout plays a copy of a bronze unit from my deck today, what will it do tomorrow? Perhaps it will spawn the Villentretenmerth who jumps up on Foltest and fucks him up the arse?

Where is the solution to ANY SIGNIFICANT ISSUE... The game is unable to pair players for long minutes and when it does you have to play the same people or play your strategy against the same strategy used by the opponent for example. Why is the player punished with a loss if the game crashes for example... Etc. etc. etc.
Possibly the greatest thing I have ever read. RIP Foltest's asshole. The weather was a bit overbearing. You can still use weather decks, just trade out cards for single use so you don't use your silver slots. I personally love monster decks. I have a Breedable, Wild Hunt, and a Vampire Deck. Unless its fog or frost, most of the time, it would cost me a round. It was balance change. But I do think they should make those choice weather cards bronze and buff Dagon. He is very counterable by Northern Realms.
GICaesar: LOL...

xXCeasar818Xx: Possibly the greatest thing I have ever read. RIP Foltest's asshole. The weather was a bit overbearing. You can still use weather decks, just trade out cards for single use so you don't use your silver slots. I personally love monster decks. I have a Breedable, Wild Hunt, and a Vampire Deck. Unless its fog or frost, most of the time, it would cost me a round. It was balance change. But I do think they should make those choice weather cards bronze and buff Dagon. He is very counterable by Northern Realms.
:-) I have 18 decks ready, each different strategy... Dagon/weather/foglets but one of them... Had no problems counter dagon so far even with his multi weather cards, though it was a bit hard... Was always able to counter him pretty well with my Scoiatel/dwarfs deck - not using a single clear sky card... Dagonists as I experience them tend to use all their weather cards in the first 2 rounds, which is I think a great mistake... Did not have much of luck against him with Northern Realms anyway... Like to play monsters too, in the last time this vran warrior/nekkers strategy seems so inconspicuous, yet very dangerous...

Somehow I cannot digest these choice weather cards... They can let them be single right away then and bronze as they were... Choice weather? It's like a choice medic... Coudl spawn either Freya Priestess or Sigrdrifa herself... Or even Shani... And how about triple choice weather cards, that would be something :D
Northern Realms still sucks against the other decks, since the last update. Shame because it's my favourite deck :(
Great. Now, after this patch, a few cards I crafted yesterday became worthless... Sadly - there is no 100% scrap refund after nerf. Sorry, but without such mechanics it means, that it is just not worth to open kegs or craft during beta, because good cards are likely to be nerfed. What are the developers going to do about it? Moreover: now all 3 double weather effects became obviously worse than aeromancy, since this one provides wider choice for the same price of a silver card. Neutral card cannot be better in all of the situations than another neutral card, because then there would be no point in using the other one...
Post edited February 17, 2017 by Osiej
Osiej: Great. Now, after this patch, a few cards I crafted yesterday became worthless... Sadly - there is no 100% scrap refund after nerf. Sorry, but without such mechanics it means, that it is just not worth to open kegs or craft during beta, because good cards are likely to be nerfed. What are the developers going to do about it? Moreover: now all 3 double weather effects became obviously worse than aeromancy, since this one provides wider choice for the same price of a silver card. Neutral card cannot be better in all of the situations than another neutral card, because then there would be no point in using the other one...
Card collections will be reset after beta so you shouldn't worry about opening kegs now. For kegs bought with real currency you will receive new kegs to open after beta.
Why ruin axeman ?I mean it is pretty counterable (via lock,weather or even scorch effects)
New people will no have to face Radovic control and Consume monsters with 20 legendaries without even having the almost f2p self wounding axeman archetype?Pretty unfair , except if you are aming to make the game less f2p , then you just managed it an it is indeed a pitty
Osiej: Great. Now, after this patch, a few cards I crafted yesterday became worthless... Sadly - there is no 100% scrap refund after nerf. Sorry, but without such mechanics it means, that it is just not worth to open kegs or craft during beta, because good cards are likely to be nerfed. What are the developers going to do about it? Moreover: now all 3 double weather effects became obviously worse than aeromancy, since this one provides wider choice for the same price of a silver card. Neutral card cannot be better in all of the situations than another neutral card, because then there would be no point in using the other one...
Aye, there's that...

Why do we forge cards? Because we need them for a strategy we build and like what they do... Yet in the next update they are likely to change what the card does so that we either do not need it anymore, in the better case, or - if it is the key card in the deck, it ruins the whole deck and strategy. Indeed, this makes forging any card risky.

I would realy like to know if they will continue this would-like-to-be so called "hot fixes" course even after the game is out in the sale.

It's not the real money we spend in order to get kegs (I have not spent a mere cent and I even will not ever)... It's time we dedicate to this whole thing... Nobody will ever redeem that time, whether we won the card, forged it, or baught it for real money. Since time (and Gaunther O'Dimm would surely agree :D ), time is of the essence.
Something tells me Hotfix will leave the battlefield in darkness instead.
Breja: Something tells me Hotfix will leave the battlefield in darkness instead.
More "hotfixes" like this, and truly, it definitely will. At least mine...