It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, invites gamers to gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany. The studio will be showcasing its latest title, <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span>, with an official tournament taking place during the show.

The gamescom tournament will be a 2-day event starting August 25th, with the final match set for August 26th. It will be held at the GWENT booth in the Entertainment Area (hall 8, stand B021), where all throughout gamescom the studio will be presenting new content coming to the game.

Signups for the tournament and more information are both available <span class="bold">here</span>.

A total of 8 players will compete for a piece of the $25,000 prize pool. 7 will be the top players among those who signed up to participate in the tournament, determined by their ranking on August 1st, 2PM UTC. The 8th player will be decided the winner of an additional Wild Card Qualifiers event held on August 24th, prior to the main event, at the GWENT booth. The tournament is part of a larger esports plan for GWENT to be revealed during the show.

More information about GWENT is available on <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.
Post edited July 26, 2017 by Thiev
Thank you very much for the posibility to participate in a GWENT: The Witcher Card Game tournament. I wish all players "good luck" and also CD PROJEKT RED the posibility to create with GWENT: The Witcher Card Game an epic game for the Comunity like DOTA 2 or the other big players in Online Gaming.
Meh
And there was much rejoicing...
I've captured some audio of the excitement that this triggered.
Big news! To anyone who doesn't see the importance of esports, even if you care nothing for watching it, a title becoming 'an esports title' is one of the greatest ways to ensure the longevity of a game.

This is great news indeed, super pumped to watch the mad climb for the top 7 and the tournament itself. Enough has been said about the less than perfect method of qualifying the players, but this is an early tourney so I personally give them a bye.
GOG.com: Signups for the tournament and more information are both available <span class="bold">here</span>.
"Page not found"

It seems that nobody is interested in participation since no posts about bad links before mine. :]
GOG.com: Signups for the tournament and more information are both available <span class="bold">here</span>.
Lexor: "Page not found"

It seems that nobody is interested in participation since no posts about bad links before mine. :]
Oops. Fixed now :)
jamai36: Enough has been said about the less than perfect method of qualifying the players, but this is an early tourney so I personally give them a bye.
There has? I'm going to assume this is a crosspost then since no one here even mentioned it xD
GOG.com: CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, invites gamers to gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany. The studio will be showcasing its latest title, <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span>, with an official tournament taking place during the show.

The gamescom tournament will be a 2-day event starting August 25th, with the final match set for August 26th. It will be held at the GWENT booth in the Entertainment Area (hall 8, stand B021), where all throughout gamescom the studio will be presenting new content coming to the game.

Signups for the tournament and more information are both available <span class="bold">here</span>.

A total of 8 players will compete for a piece of the $25,000 prize pool. 7 will be the top players among those who signed up to participate in the tournament, determined by their ranking on August 1st, 2PM UTC. The 8th player will be decided the winner of an additional Wild Card Qualifiers event held on August 24th, prior to the main event, at the GWENT booth. The tournament is part of a larger esports plan for GWENT to be revealed during the show.

More information about GWENT is available on <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.
You guys are seriously holding a tourny at a major game event with the current completely imbalanced state of the game? Really?
What is I realy do like abaut this CD PRO announcement is the "NEW CONTENT COMING" part !!!
I have serious expectactions and hopes around this !!!

1. Will there b single mode campaign? Will it have influence on multiplayer like card prizes from single mode available in campaign only? Will it bring an end to the open beta era?!

2. If there will b open beta official ending will players have their cards, exp pts, lvls, etc erased or not?

3. Will we have new cards, a balance patch or even a whole new fraction??

I hope we will get all or at lest most of the answers soon! :D

Bye You All
and good luck CDP
1) We already know there is going to be a single-player campaign. This was announced many many moths ago and excerpts of an early version can be seen in one of the trailers.

Yes it will have an influence on MP but I highly doubt any cards earned will be available ONLY via the campaign.

2) no further wipes (also covered months ago when the game entered open beta)

3) yes there will be new cards, patches and factions (again covered by the devs quite a while ago)
Thx 4 answers ;) I wrote it ibecause of the gamescom thing. Those gamers days are often used to show people some new stuff. The question is if all those features will come during Cologne event? I know they mentioned it all a while ago. But because of this "A WHILE" i just,ve been wondering if its sooner or l8er :D Every1 knows they said that "in the future", "someday" somthing new will come ;)

I know that they said there will b campaign, i just did not noticed the actual startup date, so i hope it will be at gamescom. Thats all m8. I suppose the post was kinda one of these rethorical ones, then if u know the "date answers" give me a hint

No wipes is good 2 know :D (THX for that, cause this info is one i did not catch earlier)

Cheers
Post edited August 09, 2017 by obi1kentucky
Bigs: Meh
Meh inded
The work you're done on the game is impressive, and technically (aside from the many bugs that cause crashes, the amount of cheating that the software allows, and the fact that you are allowing players to utilize UDP ports to cause a player who is winning to be disconnected from your servers which causes them to lose) the game is quite an achievement.

But I have to ask, a 'game' is certainly supposed to be challenging, and most certainly fun to play, but WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???? I'VE SPENT THREE WEEKS TRYING TO GET TO LEVEL 18, AND IN FACT HAVE PASSED THAT LEVEL THREE TIMES IN GAMEPLAY. BUT BECAUSE I LOST THE NEXT GAME, THE ACHIEMENT IS NEVER MADE.

I would strongly suggest that you get your act together and decide what the rules of the game actually are. If a player passes a milestone, don't TAKE THAT MILESTONE AWAY FROM THEM.

And for God's sake. get the scoreboard to reflect reality. At present, the numbers/score that it displays are from the Twilight Zone.