It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Arena, a brand new game mode in GWENT, is now available to play!

Decks in Arena follow their own set of rules, separate from other game modes. When building your army, you can use cards from all playable factions, and as many copies of a single card as you wish. You are able to add a total of 26 cards to your deck (each chosen out of 4 random cards from GWENT’s entire collection), and a Leader.

Arena is all about thinking outside of the box and outsmarting your opponents. The game will end once you win nine games — or lose three. Try your best! The more opponents you defeat, the greater the reward is.

To enter Master Mirror’s realm and participate in Arena, you will need to spend Mirror Shards — a special kind of tickets accepted only by the nefarious Gaunter O’Dimm... Shards are attainable using either real or in-game currency ($1.99 or 150 Ore). If you don’t have any Ore saved up, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! For the Arena launch, till March 7th, all players who log in to GWENT will receive 3 Mirror Shards!
BKGaming:
You described DLC (with an obtuse store interface), not a microtransaction.
BKGaming:
mqstout: You described DLC (with an obtuse store interface), not a microtransaction.
Yes they are. Which is why you are wrong.

https://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/
https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/11/20/the-difference-between-microtransactions-and-dlc/178246/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1bwwxn/what_exactly_are_micro_transactions_and_how_are/

Microtransactions are simply that micro (ie small) transactions. It's where the name comes from. But content like expansion packs are not small transactions because they include a large amount of content when compared to the price being asked therefor are not microtransactions.
Post edited March 01, 2018 by BKGaming
mqstout: You described DLC (with an obtuse store interface), not a microtransaction.
BKGaming: Yes they are. Which is why you are wrong.
The "micro" in "microtransaction" may have initially meant something related to the size, but that's not what the word means. You're clinging to definitions that go against actual use.
BKGaming: Yes they are. Which is why you are wrong.
mqstout: The "micro" in "microtransaction" may have initially meant something related to the size, but that's not what the word means. You're clinging to definitions that go against actual use.
Yep and so we are now back to you know what you know in your mind and nobody is going to tell you anything different. You ignore everything that tells you that you are wrong (like writers that report on the industry and quoted game devs that work in the industry) because it goes against what you believe and doesn't confirm what you think you know to be true. But you don't actually know what you don't know.

I'm not clinging to anything. I'm telling you what it has always meant, what it means today. and will continue to mean tomorrow and the day after that. As I said not worth my time. Good day.
Post edited March 01, 2018 by BKGaming
Since the new update I am not able to stop searching for a game sometimes. The game didn't crash, but it just kept searching for a game and I had to force my computer to end Gwent. Anyone else has this problem too?
Post edited March 01, 2018 by bizonkids
bizonkids: Since the new update I am sometimes not able to stop searching for a game. The game didn't crash, but it just kept searching for a game and I had to force my computer to end Gwent. Anyone else has this problem too?
same here
GOG.com: the nefarious Gaunter O’Dimm... Shards are attainable using either real or in-game currency ($1.99 or 150 Ore). If you don’t have any Ore saved up, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! For the Arena launch, till March 7th, all players who log in to GWENT will receive 3 Mirror Shards!
mishant: i Hope the Game is not going in direction to become" Pay To Play "
Is it not exactly just that for some time already?
GOG.com: Arena, a brand new game mode in GWENT, is now available to play!

Decks in Arena follow their own set of rules, separate from other game modes. When building your army, you can use cards from all playable factions, and as many copies of a single card as you wish. You are able to add a total of 26 cards to your deck (each chosen out of 4 random cards from GWENT’s entire collection), and a Leader.

Arena is all about thinking outside of the box and outsmarting your opponents. The game will end once you win nine games — or lose three. Try your best! The more opponents you defeat, the greater the reward is.

To enter Master Mirror’s realm and participate in Arena, you will need to spend Mirror Shards — a special kind of tickets accepted only by the nefarious Gaunter O’Dimm... Shards are attainable using either real or in-game currency ($1.99 or 150 Ore). If you don’t have any Ore saved up, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! For the Arena launch, till March 7th, all players who log in to GWENT will receive 3 Mirror Shards!
i don0t receive the 3 shards, but i logged in February.....
mishant: i Hope the Game is not going in direction to become" Pay To Play "
mqstout: Pay to Play would be better. Buy the game. Play it. DONE. No microtransaction nonsense ever.
That might not be what he meant by "pay to play." There are other nefarious online card games that are allegedly "free to play" yet they also use gambling-style microstransactions in addition to "pay to play" mechanics.

And in those games, "pay to play" does not mean you pay once and then you are done. Rather, it means that certain aspects of the game are locked behind permanent paywalls, and you have to pay currency to bypass them each & every time you want to play them. In other words, the payments are recurring & endless.
Post edited March 11, 2018 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Its cool to have this game mode but some "balance" has to be done. At least cap the max number of golden choises a player can get during the draft to lets say 6. This doesnt mean everyone will have 6 but its rediculios to see ppl with 8+ and having other good cards to synergise with...