It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey, card-slingers!

CD PROJEKT RED just announced that registrations for the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game will shut down this weekend. The game will remain active for everyone who redeemed their invite before, or during the weekend.

If you're eager to jump right to it, you can still join the Closed Beta by signing up on <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

“Throughout Closed Beta, we’ve reworked and added a huge amount of features and mechanics to GWENT. Balance changes, numerous tweaks of how cards work and how the game flows; additional cards, a new faction and ranked play — it was an amazing ride and GWENT’s community was with us all the way,” said Benjamin Lee, Development Director at CD PROJEKT RED. “I’d like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the hours invested,” added Lee.

The end of Closed Beta registrations is part of the preparations for GWENT’s Public Beta. More information regarding this next stage will be revealed next week.

The upcoming weekend will also play host to the GWENT Challenger tournament finals. On May 13th the winners of GWENT Challenger community qualifiers will compete with professional gamers: Jeffrey “Trump” Shih, Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy, Peter “ppd” Dager, and Kacem “Noxious” Khilaji for a piece of the $100,000 prize pool. The finals of GWENT Challenger will be streamed live starting at 3PM CEST on <span class="bold">CD PROJEKT RED&rsquo;s Twitch channel</span>.

Watch the GWENT Challenger finals trailer.
Post edited May 15, 2017 by maladr0Id
senatormolotov: Sorry but this has been known for a very long time already and it would not be fair to all the new players if there was no wipe. It would not be healthy for the game and thus a bad move financially.

Besides they're going to change cards, add in new cards, and more I think.
Hash054: oh well... 200 hours of work down the drain then .. I should have known before i guess!.. they should at least give all the players who have spend more than 100 or so hours some kind of incentive.. anything other than a thankyou would be nice..
Here's more info on what you'll get:
http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/image/Status_Update_EN.png

As far as I remember you'll get a premium card just for being in beta too.
HunchBluntley: [shoots Lemon_Curry dead]
[looking stonily at the corpse:] Nobody says that name to me. Nobody.
Lemon_Curry: That I did (Lemon_Curry is just what the naughty ladies of the night call me). Oh, and I'm not dead yet. ;)
[squinting down at the mortally-wounded Lemon_Curry:] Not that name. The other one...the 'R' one.
[shoots Lemon_Curry again]
Post edited May 13, 2017 by HunchBluntley
GOG.com: CD PROJEKT RED just announced that registrations for the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game will shut down this weekend. The game will remain active for everyone who redeemed their invite before, or during the weekend.
Hey, two questions from me.

I do not have 64bit system at this moment so it is not possible for me to play closed beta now, but I've redeemed my personal closed beta key. I will have new PC with 64bit system in a few weeks- will I still be able to get special edition of "free epic card" which is reserved for closed beta participants? Is it enough to just redeem the code and not log into the game at all to get it?

And second question: will I be still able to play this beta in a few weeks?

Also asking blue
Johny.: ...
for the same two questions as above. Maybe he will be quicker than GOG itself :)
Post edited May 13, 2017 by Lexor
Lemon_Curry: That I did (Lemon_Curry is just what the naughty ladies of the night call me). Oh, and I'm not dead yet. ;)
HunchBluntley: [squinting down at the mortally-wounded Lemon_Curry:] Not that name. The other one...the 'R' one.
[shoots Lemon_Curry again]
Ricky?!

I know I just told you that. You don't need to remind Nobody.

Anyway, it's all good man... it's all go- *cough* 'tis but a scratch.

[Gazes at the stars... and starts snoring.]
GOG.com: CD PROJEKT RED just announced that registrations for the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game will shut down this weekend. The game will remain active for everyone who redeemed their invite before, or during the weekend.
Lexor: Hey, two questions from me.

I do not have 64bit system at this moment so it is possible for me to play closed beta now, but I've redeemed my personal closed beta key. I will have new PC with 64bit system in a few weeks- will I still be able to get special edition of "free epic card" which is reserved for closed beta participants? Is it enough to just redeem the code and not log into the game at all to get it?

And second question: will I be still able to play this beta in a few weeks?
I have the same questions.

Luxor, are you ordering a Clevo like me by any chance?
greeklover: are you ordering a Clevo like me by any chance?
No, why? :)
greeklover: are you ordering a Clevo like me by any chance?
Lexor: No, why? :)
well it was a big coincidence that I don't have a 64bit system at the moment and was going to order a new laptop in the following weeks and I redeemed the code for Gwent a few days ago and had the exact same questions and wanted to post them today:)
GOG.com: Hey, card-slingers!

CD PROJEKT RED just announced that registrations for the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game will shut down this weekend. The game will remain active for everyone who redeemed their invite before, or during the weekend.

If you're eager to jump right to it, you can still join the Closed Beta by signing up on <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

“Throughout Closed Beta, we’ve reworked and added a huge amount of features and mechanics to GWENT. Balance changes, numerous tweaks of how cards work and how the game flows; additional cards, a new faction and ranked play — it was an amazing ride and GWENT’s community was with us all the way,” said Benjamin Lee, Development Director at CD PROJEKT RED. “I’d like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the hours invested,” added Lee.

The end of Closed Beta registrations is part of the preparations for GWENT’s Public Beta. More information regarding this next stage will be revealed next week.

The upcoming weekend will also play host to the GWENT Challenger tournament finals. On May 13th the winners of GWENT Challenger community qualifiers will compete with professional gamers: Jeffrey “Trump” Shih, Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy, Peter “ppd” Dager, and Kacem “Noxious” Khilaji for a piece of the $100,000 prize pool. The finals of GWENT Challenger will be streamed live starting at 3PM CEST on <span class="bold">CD PROJEKT RED&rsquo;s Twitch channel</span>.

Watch the GWENT Challenger finals trailer.
So if I already have access to the game do I need to re-register?
Archang3ll: So if I already have access to the game do I need to re-register?
No need to re-register, you are good to go :)
I have a little crash ) Details in attached file
Attachments:
Lexor: No, why? :)
greeklover: well it was a big coincidence that I don't have a 64bit system at the moment and was going to order a new laptop in the following weeks and I redeemed the code for Gwent a few days ago and had the exact same questions and wanted to post them today:)
I'm trying to clear my head why do you need a new laptop for 64bit operating system / apps ? Forgive me for my limited knowledge but as far as I know, you dont need a new laptop just to run 64bit operating system, well, unless you have much older CPU than the first Core2Duo Generation (I believe those ones have gone extinct along with my very old P4 HT cpu for a while now).
greeklover: well it was a big coincidence that I don't have a 64bit system at the moment and was going to order a new laptop in the following weeks and I redeemed the code for Gwent a few days ago and had the exact same questions and wanted to post them today:)
azuratidus: I'm trying to clear my head why do you need a new laptop for 64bit operating system / apps ? Forgive me for my limited knowledge but as far as I know, you dont need a new laptop just to run 64bit operating system, well, unless you have much older CPU than the first Core2Duo Generation (I believe those ones have gone extinct along with my very old P4 HT cpu for a while now).
I just posted about the 64bit to show the similar situation, I don't even know what is needed.
By the way my only pc is a laptop that is 11 years old, an Acer Travelmate on its last legs with Celeron M:) and integrated graphics. I want to play on 1080p so I was thinking of buying a 15.6 or 17.3 gaming laptop with a GTX 1060 and am between MSI and Clevo, I will decide after Computex.