It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heading for the finish line – 80% off.

Haven't gotten behind the wheel of this legendary racer just yet? Be speedy – because Race Driver: GRID will be leaving our catalog on December 31, 2016.

Considered one of the most timeless, refined moderns racers – we're sad to see it go, but you can still grab the game now at 80% off, all the way up until December 31, 10:59 PM UTC.

Vrrrrooom, vrrrrooom.

A brief trip down memory lane, this is how GRID was first introduced to GOG.com:
Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!

Vrrrrooom! If you like fast cars, tight turns, and pulse-pounding races, then today's release is sure to please: Race Driver: GRID--known in the US simply as GRiD--screeches over the finish line!

In GRID, you're a driver with dreams of going big: you start out driving in others' cars for money, but soon enough you'll start your own team, picking the races you want to compete in, buying the cars and equipment that you need to get the advantage over the other drivers, and traveling the world to compete. With 43 cars and 3 different regions to compete in--the US, Europe, and Japan--there's plenty to captivate adrenaline junkies. But that's not all: GRID also features an innovative "flashback" system, whereby you can rewind time a few crucial seconds to fix any sloppy driving or mistakes, avoid crashes, and generally gain the needed edge to win. With open wheel racing, demolition derbies, GT racing, there's plenty of variety in gameplay.

Real road courses such as Le Mans are in the game, as well as street circuits such as such as the Detroit and Washington D.C.. There are also a number of fictional tracks, such as street courses in San Francisco,and Milan, and Mount Haruna.

Is that enough to get your pulse pounding? Check out Race Driver: GRID
Pangaea666: Some reviews say the controls, especially with a keyboard, are diabolical, while others say they're very good -- which is it?
Perhaps they are diabolically good... :)

I'd rather staple balogna to my face with a pneumatic stapler while swimming in vinegar though than play any racing game without a proper wheel setup. :)
Zoidberg: Gotta say. We really need, as an industry, to keep all those games saved up somewhere because videogames, especially dematerialized ones, are really volatile art pieces.

We should really think about this issue.

At the very least, the GOG installers will be potentially "forever" available as torrents and the like...

Bless piracy, at least in that way... but we need better solutions...
BrokenBull: I don't support piracy, but I'm all for having an archive site to keep games legally alive forever. I don't think anyone should be fined or go to jail because of a hobby.
I was merely implying that, again, piracy has the best offer (with unreadable official audio CDs, unskippable "piracy is bad" on your brand new bought blu ray and the likes of that). Hopefully, official offer can evolve in the right direction.
And for "lost games" it's as good, if not better, as any other offer. Look at emulation, the thing is bathing in piracy but it allows to keep loving those old games that would have already disappeared in barely 30 years.
Pangaea666: Some reviews say the controls, especially with a keyboard, are diabolical, while others say they're very good -- which is it?
skeletonbow: Perhaps they are diabolically good... :)

I'd rather staple balogna to my face with a pneumatic stapler while swimming in vinegar though than play any racing game without a proper wheel setup. :)
You mean simulation? Because arcade is fine with gamepad.
Post edited December 31, 2016 by Zoidberg
Apparently it's gone on Steam too. At least GoG has the good grace to warn its users.
So 2016 took one more thing with it before dying.
amrit9037: So 2016 took one more thing with it before dying.
Not so fast, 2016 isn't over yet. :D
amrit9037: So 2016 took one more thing with it before dying.
Impaler26: Not so fast, 2016 isn't over yet. :D
That's the spirit! To quote the great Lenny Kravitz: "It ain't over 'til it's over." Such wise words haven't been spoken since such wise words were last spoken.
Post edited December 31, 2016 by MightyPinecone
Well Steam has removed GRID prematurely. (although of course some areas are already in 2017 by now). Without notice on there. Also, DIRT 3 seems to be pulled as well. Man, hoped to see that one come to GOG (or any of the DIRT's for that matter). Realising they gave both away recently on Humble.. they could have at least let us know that that was going to happen at the end of the year.

In that regard, thanks GOG for letting us know beforehand. You probably will get some more sales before the 31st ends, because technically you're the only place online where people can still buy it :D

Please GOG, go and get GRID 2 and GRID Autosport before its too late D:
Post edited December 31, 2016 by Evixios
Evixios: Well Steam has removed GRID prematurely. (although of course some areas are already in 2017 by now). Without notice on there. Also, DIRT 3 seems to be pulled as well. Man, hoped to see that one come to GOG (or any of the DIRT's for that matter). Realising they gave both away recently on Humble.. they could have at least let us know that that was going to happen at the end of the year.
Moral of the story; if Codemasters is giving away a licensed game, then they are planning to remove it from the stores at the end of the year.
Post edited December 31, 2016 by Grargar

GOG didn't provide a specific reason for Grid's removal, but confirmed in an email that it's being pulled because of expiring licenses.
Source:
http://www.pcgamer.com/gog-bids-goodbye-to-grid-tomorrow/
solar_dome: I save gamecards by using three browser plugins/scripts.
They provide:
All the "Read more"s will be expanded.
The "Included goodies" list will be expanded, when needed.
All the reviews are on one page.

Adalia Fundamentals
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adalia_fundamentals_fixing_gog_so_you_dont_have_to/page1

Barefoot Essentials
http://gogwiki.com/wiki/Barefoot_Essentials_for_GOG.com
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/barefoot_essentials_2_gogcom_enhancement/page1

Mozilla Archive Format
http://maf.mozdev.org/
I just print them to PDF with everything expanded thanks to Adalia Fundamentals. But I'll have a look at that Mozilla Archive Format to see what advantages it offers. Thanks!

Tarhiel: This is exactly how I bought XIII few years ago, when it was being removed from catalogue.
That's probably my biggest miss on GOG. Unfortunately I joined GOG too late to get it. :(
Post edited December 31, 2016 by eiii
Dirt 3 gone from Steam.
Only Dirt Showdown and Dirt Rally available there.

We can be glad, that there are still some hours to go, until GRID gets removed from GOG catalog.
F1 2013 has done a vanishing act on steam too... :+(
JAMVA: F1 2013 has done a vanishing act on steam too... :+(
was on my wishlist :(
Zoidberg: Gotta say. We really need, as an industry, to keep all those games saved up somewhere because videogames, especially dematerialized ones, are really volatile art pieces.

We should really think about this issue.

At the very least, the GOG installers will be potentially "forever" available as torrents and the like...

Bless piracy, at least in that way... but we need better solutions...
Bacon_Overlord: Bless piracy? You have issues.
Who's got the biggest issues?

I'd say the one who doesn't read posts he responds to. :)
I just want to confirm

If you own a game on GoG it stays in your library forever and can be downloaded whenever even after it leaves the store?