It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AlKim: I've heard that abandonware copies work on Win 10 though
Not sure about the games you are referring to, but some abandonware sites actually offer great service.

I recently had a conversation about a game that shall remain unnamed on a discussion forum that shall also remain unnamed, and some people were saying that getting the "Game X" to work in modern Windows is impossible.

I simply pointed them to a very nice abandonware site that shall remain unnamed as well (but it's not one of those that come first to everyone's mind), and said that there is an installer that not only installs the game in a very user-friendly way, but it also makes the game run on modern Windows and it's more stable than it used to be in the original environment.

So a lot of times when people say that this or that won't work on modern computers, it simply means that they haven't had the passion to spend enough time tweaking things to make them work.

Obviously it would be preferable if GOG would legally do all this, but some abandonware sites really have an excellent "customer service", so to speak, even better than GOG at times.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Can't even get it on Amazon now.
sasuke12: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Good times, good times. I still have the DVD, runs like a charm. And it's as bloody as ever.
For a licence game it's surprisingly good, not like the other X-Men games from that time.

In that sense it's also worth to mention
Deadpool
I still own it on Steam, but it can't be bought anymore.

Also gone:

Gods remastered
in all it's versions. Also the PS4 and Microsoft Store versions have been removed.
I am lucky to own the one from the MS store, a friend of mine has it on PS4.

I think it's because of a licence problem, even if they replaced the title music "Into the Wonderful" for the remastered versio with a different song (I think it's called "Heaven to Hades").
On youtube videos, the Amiga version of the music had to be removed as well.

and another Nominee

Star Wars Tiny Death Star
It's Tiny Tower with Darth Vader and the Emperor.
It can still be found as apk for smartphones, but the Windows Version is gone for good. Until today I was not able to get my hand on it after I accidentaly formatted the wrong hard disk.
It was a fun game really.
Some other games I learned about in the meantime:

James Bond - The Stealth Affair (1990)
1000 MIglia (1992)
1869 (1992)

Never played any of these, but they all seem interesting. Does anyone have any experience with them?
mdqp: Some other games I learned about in the meantime:

James Bond - The Stealth Affair (1990)

Never played any of these, but they all seem interesting. Does anyone have any experience with them?
The game is actually called "Operation Stealth".

The whole James Bond thing was added to the American release just to make it sell more copies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Stealth
The Kristal anyone? Not sure it's a GOOD game but certainly interesting! The Amiga version was probably better though

Did anyone mention Neuromancer? I suspect someone did somewhere in there right? Well it's worth mentioning again because it was amazing anyway!

EDIT - Ah yeah in this poster's list
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_or_interesting_old_games_which_currently_arent_sold_anywhere/post28
But apparently only once before in the whole thread and it IS amazing - the C64 version was anyway!

I didn't even realise Universe HAD a DOS version but Mobygames says it did!

Also Crimson Skies, G-Police and Draken - Order of the Flame ALL had sequel that didn't make it to PC! That's.. rather irksome!
Post edited December 22, 2022 by Fever_Discordia
Utopia: Creation of a Nation

I got the game (for my Amiga) from a second-hand store and was quite teken by the screen-shots on the back of the box. I played it pretty intently, to quite an unhealthy degree, and really enjoyed it. I never beat the game, or even progressed further than the second level/stage/quest, as I really never knew what I was doing, or understood the finer details of the game, but still have that title/in-game tune humming away in the back of my mind...

Oh!, and there was an Atari ST, Snes and DOS version available too...
The Terminator (1991)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnO0ShP56aA

Horrible gameplay, terrible graphics, but huge open world. It was somewhat ahead of it's time.
You could play as Reese or the Terminator.
PixelBoy: The game is actually called "Operation Stealth".

The whole James Bond thing was added to the American release just to make it sell more copies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Stealth
The more you know! Have you played the game yourself? Is it any good?

neumi5694: The Terminator (1991)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnO0ShP56aA

Horrible gameplay, terrible graphics, but huge open world. It was somewhat ahead of it's time.
You could play as Reese or the Terminator.
Seems like Bethesda put the license to use quite often, they made, what? 3-4 Terminator games back then?

The idea sure seems cool, although as you said, the gameplay seems awful.
mdqp: Seems like Bethesda put the license to use quite often, they made, what? 3-4 Terminator games back then?
Not all was Bethesda. The action game for T2 was Ocean, I think.
The other Terminator game that came some time after this (shooter) then wasn't half bad.
neumi5694: Not all was Bethesda. The action game for T2 was Ocean, I think.
The other Terminator game that came some time after this (shooter) then wasn't half bad.
They didn't make all of them, true, but they have at least 4-5 to their credit in the span of a few years. I don't think any of those are on sale anywhere.
Unreal
Unreal II: The Awakening
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004
cose_vecchie: Unreal
Unreal II: The Awakening
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 2003 finally has some comrades. It's been in solitary for way too long.
Dropped by to mention Drakan - Order of the Flame and Rynn, my childhood crush. Yeah, Lara never got my attention, but a dragon-riding rogue with brains and looks? Yes, siree!

idbeholdME: Drakan: Order of the Flame
I see I've been beaten to the punch... oh well, we should REALLY get this game on GOG, considering they're on good terms with Warner Bros. Games (and that The Suffering is already here).
Post edited December 23, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
Don Bluth Multimedia's Maelstrom. I *believe* it may have been officially released as freeware at some point on archive or itch or something..

It's a point and click adventure slash 4x game hybrid. A weird combo, but one of my schoolyears favorites.
Post edited December 23, 2022 by mqstout