It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

From MaGog's logs for 1 July:

NOTE! CHANGED Gratuitous Space Battles 2, price_hist: ***TO*** On July 1, 2015, price changed from $24.99 to $19.99

NOTE! CHANGED Gratuitous Space Battles 2, reg_price_full, regRU: $8.79 ***TO*** $8.19
NOTE! CHANGED Gratuitous Space Battles 2, reg_price_full, regUA: $8.79 ***TO*** $8.19
NOTE! CHANGED Gratuitous Space Battles 2, reg_price_full, regUZ: $8.79 ***TO*** $8.19

* Regional price for Ronin in regAU: $9.89 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regBR: $8.49 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regCH: $14.19 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regCZ: $14.19 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regDE: $14.19 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regGB: $15.19 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regNO: $14.19 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regNZ: $9.89 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regPL: $14.19 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regRU: $5.59 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regSE: $14.19 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regUA: $5.59 instead of $12.99
* Regional price for Ronin in regUZ: $5.59 instead of $12.99

* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regAU: $15.29 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regBR: $11.99 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regCH: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regCZ: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regDE: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regGB: $22.89 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regNO: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regNZ: $15.29 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regPL: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regRU: $8.19 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regSE: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regUA: $8.19 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition [Premium] in regUZ: $8.19 instead of $19.99

* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regAU: $15.29 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regBR: $3.49 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regCH: $7.59 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regCZ: $7.59 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regDE: $7.59 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regGB: $7.59 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regNO: $7.59 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regNZ: $15.29 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regPL: $7.59 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regRU: $2.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regSE: $7.59 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regUA: $2.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] in regUZ: $2.39 instead of $6.99

[Pretty expensive DLC in Australia and New Zealand, Let's see how long it takes GOG to fix this.]

[Note that in some places it's slightly cheaper (10-20 cents) to buy the game + DLC, than to buy the premium edition]
From MaGog's logs for 2 July:

* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regAU: $19.09 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regBR: $14.99 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regCH: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regCZ: $16.29 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regDE: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regGB: $22.89 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regNO: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regNZ: $19.09 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regPL: $16.29 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regRU: $13.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regSE: $21.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regUA: $13.79 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Anna's Quest in regUZ: $13.79 instead of $19.99

* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regAU: $12.99 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regBR: $9.99 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regCH: $14.19 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regCZ: $14.19 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regDE: $14.19 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regGB: $16.79 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regNO: $14.19 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regNZ: $12.99 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regPL: $14.19 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regRU: $6.79 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regSE: $14.19 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regUA: $9.99 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Worms World Party Remastered [Upcoming] in regUZ: $9.99 instead of $14.99

* Regional price for Pajama Sam Vol. 1 in regRU: $4.79 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Pajama Sam Vol. 1 in regUA: $4.79 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Pajama Sam Vol. 1 in regUZ: $4.79 instead of $9.99

* Regional price for Pajama Sam Vol. 2 in regRU: $4.79 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Pajama Sam Vol. 2 in regUA: $4.79 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Pajama Sam Vol. 2 in regUZ: $4.79 instead of $9.99
skeletonbow: If they have money back guarantees attached, that is much stronger. If a game sucks or doesn't get completed then everyone simply gets a refund and the publisher hoses themselves instead of hosing all their customers. Win win situation IMHO, and forces publishers to really think about whether they want to risk it, requiring them to have a much more solid plan and confidence to back it up.
You do realize an EA game is often near finished a while before the game actually releases right? So people can play the pretty much finished game to their hearts content and then the last day before release just refund the entire thing, because it 'sucks'? (completely objective) ? Or what are you imagining here?
skeletonbow: If they have money back guarantees attached, that is much stronger. If a game sucks or doesn't get completed then everyone simply gets a refund and the publisher hoses themselves instead of hosing all their customers. Win win situation IMHO, and forces publishers to really think about whether they want to risk it, requiring them to have a much more solid plan and confidence to back it up.
Pheace: You do realize an EA game is often near finished a while before the game actually releases right? So people can play the pretty much finished game to their hearts content and then the last day before release just refund the entire thing, because it 'sucks'? (completely objective) ? Or what are you imagining here?
What I'm suggesting is that with Steam's refund policies, if an Early Access game sucks ass or gets cancelled, then people who bought it previously have an opportunity to get a refund from my understanding, and that due to this it puts more pressure on game developers to finish their Early Access game, make it as stable and bug free as possible as well as fun so people want to own it, because if they drop the ball and don't finish it, or if the game is extremely buggy and they seem incompetant, or it is just not fun at all, then people can request a refund and probably will. This incentivizes the developer to not screw around or money that has been given to them previously for their game can be taken back.
Pheace: You do realize an EA game is often near finished a while before the game actually releases right? So people can play the pretty much finished game to their hearts content and then the last day before release just refund the entire thing, because it 'sucks'? (completely objective) ? Or what are you imagining here?
skeletonbow: What I'm suggesting is that with Steam's refund policies, if an Early Access game sucks ass or gets cancelled, then people who bought it previously have an opportunity to get a refund from my understanding
You're misunderstand the refund policy then. EA games are not treated as preorders. The refund period starts when you buy the EA game, not when the game is finally released. (and no doubt because of reasons I mentioned above)

With EA what you see is what you get, with a promise that *if* the product ever finishes/completes, you have the right to a finished copy.

Is this the same as pre-purchasing a game?
No. Early Access is a full purchase of a playable game. By purchasing, you gain immediate access to download and play the game in its current form and as it evolves. You keep access to the game, even if the game later moves from Early Access into fully released.

When will these games release?
Its up to the developer to determine when they are ready to 'release'. Some developers have a concrete deadline in mind, while others will get a better sense as the development of the game progresses. You should be aware that some teams will be unable to 'finish' their game. So you should only buy an Early Access game if you are excited about playing it in its current state.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by Pheace
skeletonbow: What I'm suggesting is that with Steam's refund policies, if an Early Access game sucks ass or gets cancelled, then people who bought it previously have an opportunity to get a refund from my understanding
Pheace: You're misunderstand the refund policy then. EA games are not treated as preorders. The refund period starts when you buy the EA game, not when the game is finally released. (and no doubt because of reasons I mentioned above)

With EA what you see is what you get, with a promise that *if* the product ever finishes/completes, you have the right to a finished copy.
Ok, wow.. thanks for the info. Confirms that EA is even worse than I thought then and seemingly encourages developers to make shitty games and never finish them while ravaging people's wallets. I can't think of anything I'd want to pay to get early access to. As excited as some games make me, including The Witcher 3, I'd have never paid for it 2 years in advance to run a crashtastic devel version. If anything it'd ruin the real final game for me.

I'd like to see Steam/GOG/whoever add a corresponding "Late Access" where games are flagged to appear once they've come out, got all major bugs and problems fix and are considered by the community itself to be relatively solid top-shelf games that are quite stable. :)
skeletonbow: Confirms that EA is even worse than I thought then and seemingly encourages developers to make shitty games and never finish them while ravaging people's wallets.
I see it as teaching people to think before they buy. The, imo, massive benefit of EA games is that from the moment the EA is available the *entire* game is public, everything about the game is on display. The state of it, the mechanics, the bugs, the good, the bad etc.

This allows you to make an informed decision on whether you want or don't want to buy the game in it's current state, or , realizing it may never happen, buy it because you like what it is or what it might become.

It's basically somewhere in between a full release of a game and a kickstarter, and yes, just like Kickstarter, that means you're not guaranteed a 'finished' product.

And with the current refund system, if you don't like what you see, you refund it, provided it was purchased in the last 14 days and no more than 2 hours of gameplay.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by Pheace
skeletonbow: Confirms that EA is even worse than I thought then and seemingly encourages developers to make shitty games and never finish them while ravaging people's wallets.
Pheace: I see it as teaching people to think before they buy. The, imo, massive benefit of EA games is that from the moment the EA is available the *entire* game is public, everything about the game is on display. The state of it, the mechanics, the bugs, the good, the bad etc.

This allows you to make an informed decision on whether you want or don't want to buy the game in it's current state, or , realizing it may never happen, buy it because you like what it is or what it might become.

It's basically somewhere in between a full release of a game and a kickstarter, and yes, just like Kickstarter, that means you're not guaranteed a 'finished' product.

And with the current refund system, if you don't like what you see, you refund it, provided it was purchased in the last 14 days and no more than 2 hours of gameplay.
Sounds like a pretty shoddy deal to me for any game without even knowing what it is or how complete it is. I wouldn't even purchase Witcher 4 or Cyberpunk 2077 with terms twice as good as that, but I'll buy them when they come out officially.
skeletonbow: Sounds like a pretty shoddy deal to me for any game without even knowing what it is or how complete it is. I wouldn't even purchase Witcher 4 or Cyberpunk 2077 with terms twice as good as that, but I'll buy them when they come out officially.
Well yeah, if you completely ignore the part where the game is all out in the open and you can actually make an informed decision on whether to buy it or not, then yeah I guess it's a shoddy deal.
skeletonbow:
Pheace:
Basically, if you take it as a method of crowdfunding, typical early access is a single-tier, fixed-value-for-fixed-perk, (more or less) unlimited-duration crowdfunding campaign.
If you take it as a purchase, it's... Well, it's not a purchase, it's a ripoff.
So depends how you approach it.
GOG did go above that though, blending preorder and early access, or basically giving early access as preorder bonus.

About the game being out in the open for those who don't want to fork out any money before actually knowing the details, devs that just want that can give away a large number of copies to reviewers and people who make let's plays, with no NDA or strong arm tactics to make them paint them in any better light. So that's no excuse.
Cavalary: If you take it as a purchase, it's... Well, it's not a purchase, it's a ripoff.
Clearly we disagree, I got plenty of value purchases out of EA. There are games in there that are well worth the purchase, even though they're still in EA.

About the game being out in the open for those who don't want to fork out any money before actually knowing the details, devs that just want that can give away a large number of copies to reviewers and people who make let's plays, with no NDA or strong arm tactics to make them paint them in any better light. So that's no excuse.
Except not every game does that, and in EA every single game does it by default.
Post edited July 05, 2015 by Pheace
Cavalary: About the game being out in the open for those who don't want to fork out any money before actually knowing the details, devs that just want that can give away a large number of copies to reviewers and people who make let's plays, with no NDA or strong arm tactics to make them paint them in any better light. So that's no excuse.
Pheace: Except not every game does that, and in EA every single game does it by default.
But nobody's stopping them from doing that if that'd be the point in any way.
Pheace: Except not every game does that, and in EA every single game does it by default.
Cavalary: But nobody's stopping them from doing that if that'd be the point in any way.
That's true