It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

micktiegs_8: Oh I can't wait until GST hits Australia (because it is soon) for online purchases....yay.
Bigs: If by soon you mean 1 July 2017... if it isn't repealed (though it won't be as all govts <3 taxes...)
Government backdown on online shopping tax
HypersomniacLive: The Brits are getting hit really hard by Vigil and Nordic Games, aren't they? These are some huge price differences.
Which is exactly why this Brit is not buying any games... :(
From MaGog's logs for 28 May:

* Regional price for Dragon Wars in regRU: $3.79 instead of $5.99
* Regional price for Dragon Wars in regUA: $3.79 instead of $5.99
* Regional price for Dragon Wars in regUZ: $3.79 instead of $5.99

* Regional price for Subject 13 in regRU: $8.19 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Subject 13 in regUA: $8.19 instead of $19.99
* Regional price for Subject 13 in regUZ: $8.19 instead of $19.99

* Regional price for Ultimate General: Gettysburg in regRU: $7.79 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Ultimate General: Gettysburg in regUA: $7.79 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Ultimate General: Gettysburg in regUZ: $7.79 instead of $14.99
From MaGog's logs for 29 May:

* Regional price for Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville in regRU: $6.79 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville in regUA: $6.79 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville in regUZ: $6.79 instead of $14.99
From MaGog's logs for 29 May:

* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regAU: $13.89 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regBR: $9.99 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regCH: $16.69 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regCZ: $16.69 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regDE: $16.69 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regGB: $16.79 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regNO: $16.69 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regNZ: $13.89 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regPL: $16.69 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the NecroDancer in regSE: $16.69 instead of $14.99

* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regAU: $9.29 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regBR: $5.99 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regCH: $11.09 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regCZ: $11.09 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regDE: $11.09 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regGB: $10.59 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regNO: $11.09 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regNZ: $9.29 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regPL: $11.09 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regRU: $4.79 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regSE: $11.09 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regUA: $4.79 instead of $9.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Danny Baranowsky Soundtrack in regUZ: $4.79 instead of $9.99

* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regAU: $4.59 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regBR: $2.99 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regCH: $5.49 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regCZ: $5.49 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regDE: $5.49 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regGB: $5.99 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regNO: $5.49 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regNZ: $4.59 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regPL: $5.49 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regRU: $2.39 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regSE: $5.49 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regUA: $2.39 instead of $4.99
* Regional price for Crypt of the Necrodancer - Extended Soundtrack in regUZ: $2.39 instead of $4.99

[Note that at the moment people in RU/UZ/UA are expected to pay US price ($14.99) for the game itself. I expect heads will roll for this travesty.]
From MaGog's logs for 1 June:

NOTE! CHANGED Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville, cur_price: 12.74 ***TO*** 12.79
NOTE! CHANGED Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville, you_save: 2.25 ***TO*** 2.20

[This curious five-cent change in sale price affects only US, the seven other countries that pay the US price (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Myanmar, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela), and Canada]

[Note: MaGog does not display the current sale price correctly for other regions because I never thought we will have games where only the sale price, not the full price, is regionally priced in some regions. I will fix it soon.]
Post edited June 01, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: [T]he seven other countries that pay the US price (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Myanmar, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela), and Canada
I thought Vietnam paid US prices... particularly since we have a two-currency system with dong and US dollars. What region do we belong to...? O.o
mrkgnao: [T]he seven other countries that pay the US price (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Myanmar, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela), and Canada
JaqFrost: I thought Vietnam paid US prices... particularly since we have a two-currency system with dong and US dollars. What region do we belong to...? O.o
Vietnam belongs to RegCN ("Most of the World"). You pay the same price as US for all but two games (both possibly GOG bugs).

Here are the two games (check the Chinese flag for RegCN): [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=370&scp=gdspu&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&flt=pra~cn~tds~%5Bremoved~&opt=]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=370&scp=gdspu&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&flt=pra~cn~tds~[removed~&opt=[/url]

Here is a list of the regions and the countries belonging to each: http://www.an-ovel.com/pages/ma_mtrc.php#TableVIII
mrkgnao: Vietnam belongs to RegCN ("Most of the World"). You pay the same price as US for all but two games (both possibly GOG bugs).

Here are the two games (check the Chinese flag for RegCN): [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=370&scp=gdspu&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&flt=pra~cn~tds~%5Bremoved~&opt=]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=370&scp=gdspu&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah&flt=pra~cn~tds~[removed~&opt=[/url]

Here is a list of the regions and the countries belonging to each: http://www.an-ovel.com/pages/ma_mtrc.php#TableVIII
I must say this system is so strange. For Rebuild 3 Slovenia is so in the most of the world category then (12.74$) while otherweise its eastern europe region?
mrkgnao: Vietnam belongs to RegCN ("Most of the World"). You pay the same price as US for all but two games (both possibly GOG bugs).
Wow, actual Vietnamese people are bound to love belonging to a Chinese region... especially as the situation in the South China Sea is heating up. Thanks for the info, mrkgnao!

Matruchus: I must say this system is so strange. For Rebuild 3 Slovenia is so in the most of the world category then (12.74$) while otherweise its eastern europe region?
No. Slovenia is RegRO ("EU Eastern Europe") in all cases. The Rebuild 3 sale (and full) price for RegRO and RegCN is the same.
JaqFrost: Wow, actual Vietnamese people are bound to love belonging to a Chinese region... especially as the situation in the South China Sea is heating up. Thanks for the info, mrkgnao!
Yes. I thought about it as I wrote the post.
However, I don't meddle in politics. I just select the most populous country of the region to represent it.
mrkgnao: I don't meddle in politics. I just select the most populous country of the region to represent it.
Oh, I know that and as long as I don't have to live in China, I'm good with that. xD There are plenty of really nice people in China, but I wasn't very happy while I lived there.
From MaGog's logs for 1 June:

Another conversion rate change (but cannot find a blue post for it); another bagload of regional USD price adjustments (some unrelated). See attached file (change jpg to txt) for the gory details.

Highlights:
- The following games are now also regionally priced in CH/CZ/DE/NO/PL/SE: Gods Will Be Watching, Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition Upgrade [DLC], Kromaia, Luftrausers, Marvellous Miss Take, The, Penumbra Collection, The, Retro City Rampage DX, Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
- The following games are now also regionally priced in CH/DE/NO/SE: Vanishing of Ethan Carter Collector's Edition upgrade, The [DLC]
- The following game is now also regionally priced in CZ/PL: Spacecom
- The following game is now also regionally priced in AU/NZ: Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera [DLC]
- Overall, the USD prices of regionally priced games have somewhat decreased in all affected regions (primarily Europe)

GOG "bug" fixes:
- The following game is now also regionally priced in RU/UA/UZ: Crypt of the NecroDancer [Upcoming] (now matching the other two CotND titles)
- The following game is now also regionally priced in UA: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC] (now again making UA identical to UZ)
Attachments:
high rated
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 1 June:

Another conversion rate change (but cannot find a blue post for it); another bagload of regional USD price adjustments (some unrelated). See attached file (change jpg to txt) for the gory details.

Highlights:
- The following games are now also regionally priced in CH/CZ/DE/NO/PL/SE: Gods Will Be Watching, Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition Upgrade [DLC], Kromaia, Luftrausers, Marvellous Miss Take, The, Penumbra Collection, The, Retro City Rampage DX, Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
- The following games are now also regionally priced in CH/DE/NO/SE: Vanishing of Ethan Carter Collector's Edition upgrade, The [DLC]

[...]
These were regionally priced since the beginning, they only stopped appearing so due to later adjustments/ exchange rate changes.
HypersomniacLive: These were regionally priced since the beginning, they only stopped appearing so due to later adjustments/ exchange rate changes.
I think it was just a reversal of this.