It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: Edit: Also, finding the price of Brigador odd, looks like a regional discount for EE in that case? Or does everyone get $19.04 and $28.54 for the Deluxe?
muntdefems: I'm getting the same prices in regIT. So it's either a regional discount throughout Europe or a very strange base price indeed. We'll never now until someone from the US tells us what their price is.
According to the data GOG sends the US base price is $19.99. My local price also was lower on launch, $19.05, but that has been "fixed" meanwhile. Now my local base price is $20.23.
The same for the deluxe version: US base price $29.99, my local price on launch $28.59, "fixed" to $30.45 now.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by eiii
high rated
Alright, here's what's changed today price-wise.

First, the regional prices for the two new Victor Vran DLCs (I really hope the Norwegian prices are an error):

---------------------------

The newly added game Victor Vran: Fractured Worlds [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $22.49 instead of $11.99 in NO
>>> It is $13.59 instead of $11.99 in SE
>>> It is $13.54 instead of $11.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, PL, regRO, regRS, SK
>>> It is $13.51 instead of $11.99 in DK
>>> It is $12.89 instead of $11.99 in GB
>>> It is $12.64 instead of $11.99 in AU
>>> It is $12.44 instead of $11.99 in CH
>>> It is $11.81 instead of $11.99 in CA
>>> It is $8.45 instead of $11.99 in RU
>>> It is $7.39 instead of $11.99 in BR

The newly added game Victor Vran: Motörhead - Through the Ages [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $22.49 instead of $11.99 in NO
>>> It is $13.59 instead of $11.99 in SE
>>> It is $13.54 instead of $11.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, PL, regRO, regRS, SK
>>> It is $13.51 instead of $11.99 in DK
>>> It is $12.89 instead of $11.99 in GB
>>> It is $12.64 instead of $11.99 in AU
>>> It is $12.44 instead of $11.99 in CH
>>> It is $11.81 instead of $11.99 in CA
>>> It is $8.45 instead of $11.99 in RU
>>> It is $7.39 instead of $11.99 in BR

Apart from that, you can find all the details about regional price re-adjustments due to the recent currency exchange rates update in the attached files.

NOTE: As usual, these are text files and not images. Download and rename them in order to be able to open them without problems.

In general, regional prices have gone slightly up in Europe (including Russia & co) and they have gone slightly down in Latin America, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. Norway is the sole exception to these general trends, as some games' prices have increased while others have decreased.

Interestingly, these price changes inversely correlate almost perfectly with the changes in exchange rate from earlier today. That is, regional prices have gone up in places whose currency has become stronger with respect to the USD, and the other way around. So, in the end, everybody keeps paying almost the same as before.

And this, boys and girls, is the lie of Capitalism. 'Free market' and 'economic realities' my ass. The game is rigged so it always benefits one of the players. Fuck this game. :\
Attachments:
fuck1.jpg (346 Kb)
fuck2.jpg (352 Kb)
fuck3.jpg (343 Kb)
high rated
*LOLs at the titles of muntdefems' attachments*

muntdefems: [...] And this, boys and girls, is the lie of Capitalism. 'Free market' and 'economic realities' my ass. The game is rigged so it always benefits one of the players. Fuck this game. :\
The game is rigid indeed. Remember those $5.99 games that translated to $5.94 and 5.59€ price point? Well, they're all still 5.59€, and now that the Euro became stronger it translates to more than $5.99.
muntdefems: And this, boys and girls, is the lie of Capitalism. 'Free market' and 'economic realities' my ass. The game is rigged so it always benefits one of the players. Fuck this game. :\
Well, and I speak as someone who remembers the stamps we had in Poland during our "reglamentation" period and the long lines for bread, the alternatives are no better :P

Not trying to start a political discussion but I thought I would give my bit o' input on the matter.
Post edited June 07, 2017 by JudasIscariot
high rated
JudasIscariot: Well, and I speak as someone who remembers the stamps we had in Poland during our "reglamentation" period and the long lines for bread, the alternatives are no better :P
I'm pretty sure there must be a middle ground somewhere. ;)
JudasIscariot: Well, and I speak as someone who remembers the stamps we had in Poland during our "reglamentation" period and the long lines for bread, the alternatives are no better :P
PaterAlf: I'm pretty sure there must be a middle ground somewhere. ;)
Eh, I suppose. I am no expert on economic systems but I sure as heck would not want to live in anything that can be described as a "centrally planned economy".
high rated
muntdefems: And this, boys and girls, is the lie of Capitalism. 'Free market' and 'economic realities' my ass. The game is rigged so it always benefits one of the players. Fuck this game. :\

Not trying to start a political discussion but I thought I would give my bit o' input on the matter.
Alternatives come by looking ahead, not back. When a system was thrown in the rubbish pile of history, it wasn't usually to revert to an earlier one that also failed.

There are ways to get planning right and still leave a fair degree of freedom of choice in terms of what each has access to, and do things fairly, and also stay within the limits of what the planet can sustainably provide. AI would need to do most of the work, with some people for the initial guidelines (and AI programming) and as checks and balances after. And between the odds of finding a relatively small number of the right kind of people for those positions and trusting that people as a whole will in general do things right, well, at least there's some chance of the former. The latter never happened since the advent of mankind and I'm not seeing an entirely new version of human being implemented on a global scale in the near future.

As for Brigador, oh yeah, I'm getting fair price package now too. Yep, somebody sure decided to lump EE with the Eurozone lately. "Market realities" and all, right? Such as, say, not using the Euro, having way lower incomes and standard of living, software market pretty poor too by comparison, and in case of regRS not even being in the EU! But hey, details...
high rated
A game that was on sale at 80% off gets a further 60% permanent price reduction:

Pricing changed for Zafehouse: Diaries

>>> Base price changed from $4.99 to $1.99
>>> Price history for this game: On November 20, 2016, price changed from $9.99 to $4.99; on June 7, 2017, price changed from $4.99 to $1.99

>>> Regional price changed from $3.19 to $1.32 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> Regional price changed from $2.26 to $0.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
high rated
And here's a new DLC with an obviously erroneous regional price (not that most of the others are morally right, though):

The newly added game Little Nightmares: Secrets of the Maw Expansion Pass [Season Pass] [DLC] [Upcoming] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $12.34 instead of $9.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $11.78 instead of $9.99 in NO
>>> It is $11.26 instead of $9.99 in regCZ, regDE, DK, regIT, MC, MT, NL, PL, regRO, regRS, SE, SK
>>> It is $10.39 instead of $9.99 in CH
>>> It is $10.31 instead of $9.99 in GB
>>> It is $9.67 instead of $9.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $9.25 instead of $9.99 in CA
>>> It is $5.25 instead of $9.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
Aaaand Oblivion seems to have been removed and readded, since it had vanished from my wishlist, and now I see EE price hike on it too.
high rated
Paradox seems determined to screw the Danes more than anyone else in the world:

The newly added game Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers is regionally priced:

>>> It is $9.64 instead of $6.99 in DK
>>> It is $7.89 instead of $6.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, regRO, regRS, SK
>>> It is $7.25 instead of $6.99 in CH
>>> It is $7.19 instead of $6.99 in SE
>>> It is $7.09 instead of $6.99 in GB
>>> It is $6.89 instead of $6.99 in NO
>>> It is $6.69 instead of $6.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $6.67 instead of $6.99 in CA
>>> It is $6.35 instead of $6.99 in PL
>>> It is $5.69 instead of $6.99 in BR
>>> It is $4.99 instead of $6.99 in UA, regUZ
>>> It is $4.39 instead of $6.99 in RU
Wow, I'd love to see the full pricing scheme for the newly released RiME. Here on regIT, even with the 10% discount we've got a 31% surcharge ($35.54 vs. $26.99). Is it the same in Eastern Europe?

PS: by the way, I'm sure Cavalary loved the way the War for the Overworld dev replied every single comment on the release thread except his. :P
GBP price of RiME is 29.99 here in the UK, but you get 10% off (26.99) and 6 pounds credit -> 20.99 at the moment.
muntdefems: Wow, I'd love to see the full pricing scheme for the newly released RiME. Here on regIT, even with the 10% discount we've got a 31% surcharge ($35.54 vs. $26.99). Is it the same in Eastern Europe?

PS: by the way, I'm sure Cavalary loved the way the War for the Overworld dev replied every single comment on the release thread except his. :P
For us is:$29.99 $26.99
You save 3.00 (10%)
muntdefems: Wow, I'd love to see the full pricing scheme for the newly released RiME. Here on regIT, even with the 10% discount we've got a 31% surcharge ($35.54 vs. $26.99). Is it the same in Eastern Europe?

Well here in Switzerland it is $30.14 ... really weird pricing o.O