It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
tfishell: Yeah, I shouldn't have posted. Some of the posts make it seem like a "pity party", if you will (wallowing in the sadness that GOG isn't the way it used to be), which can rustle my jimmies, but it's not my place to get involved.
That "pity party" is most of why I'm still around I guess. A few others still remember and care.
But, of course, if you have advice as to how to make more of it, some strategies that may have a chance of success in regaining what was lost, all ears (er, eyes). If, on the other hand, you advocate acceptance or even enjoying supposed "benefits" as you perceive them, I can state very clearly, as I have since this all started, that in my case that will never happen, period.
high rated
Quite good news today: a game comes back... and cheaper!

---------------------------

Pricing changed for Ceville

>>> Base price changed from $9.99 to $5.99
>>> Price history for this game: On January 16, 2017, price changed from $9.99 to $5.99

>>> Game is now regionally priced ($3.49 instead of $5.99) in regAR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY

>>> Regional price changed from $5.29 to $3.49 in BR
>>> Regional price changed from $2.99 to $2.19 in RU, UA, regUZ

Full regional pricing scheme for this game:

>>> It is $3.49 instead of $5.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $2.19 instead of $5.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
high rated
I'm predicting some not-so-little nightmares tonight in Latin America:

The newly added game Little Nightmares [Upcoming] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $23.59 instead of $19.99 in NO
>>> It is $23.39 instead of $19.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $21.55 instead of $19.99 in DK, PL, SE
>>> It is $21.49 instead of $19.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $20.37 instead of $19.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $19.09 instead of $19.99 in CH
>>> It is $18.37 instead of $19.99 in CA
>>> It is $8.96 instead of $19.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game Lost Eden is regionally priced:

>>> It is $3.49 instead of $5.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $2.89 instead of $5.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
high rated
Looks like most of Latin America have allied with Russia to get the best deal:

The newly added game Imperium Galactica II: Alliances is regionally priced:

>>> It is $6.99 instead of $9.99 in UA, regUZ
>>> It is $5.89 instead of $9.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, RU, UY
high rated
Who said that regional pricing made sense? To even begin to think to make sense, first it should be consistent:

The newly added game Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation is regionally priced:

>>> It is $30.15 instead of $29.99 in DK, NO, PL, SE
>>> It is $30.09 instead of $29.99 in CH, regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $28.69 instead of $29.99 in GB
>>> It is $22.59 instead of $29.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $16.39 instead of $29.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $7.46 instead of $29.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation - DLC Pack [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $5.39 instead of $4.96 in PL
>>> It is $5.36 instead of $4.96 in CH, DK, NO, SE
>>> It is $5.29 instead of $4.96 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $4.89 instead of $4.96 in GB
>>> It is $3.75 instead of $4.96 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $2.49 instead of $4.96 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $1.83 instead of $4.96 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation is regionally priced:

>>> It is $30.15 instead of $29.99 in DK, NO, PL, SE
>>> It is $30.09 instead of $29.99 in CH, regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $28.69 instead of $29.99 in GB
>>> It is $22.59 instead of $29.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $16.39 instead of $29.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $7.46 instead of $29.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation - DLC Pack [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $1.09 instead of $0.99 in CH, DK, NO, PL, SE
>>> It is $0.89 instead of $0.99 in GB
>>> It is $0.69 instead of $0.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $0.64 instead of $0.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $0.29 instead of $0.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

NOTE: for some reason MaGog doesn't have regional info for Japan in some of the new Neptunia games, so I just assumed none of them is regionally priced (or blocked) there.
muntdefems: NOTE: for some reason MaGog doesn't have regional info for Japan in some of the new Neptunia games, so I just assumed none of them is regionally priced (or blocked) there.
Apparently the lock is exactly why there's no pricing info. :/
muntdefems: NOTE: for some reason MaGog doesn't have regional info for Japan in some of the new Neptunia games, so I just assumed none of them is regionally priced (or blocked) there.
Cavalary: Apparently the lock is exactly why there's no pricing info. :/
Yep, MaGog has realized it now. Should've known better, considering the first instalment of this series was already locked in Japan... :\
I really don't know how MaGog works, but is it possible that some games are primarly denominated in other currencies than US$ and therefore because of currency rate changes come all these small fluctuations of prices? (I mean the kind of 29,99 to 30,15 etc)
Post edited January 21, 2017 by r-ichi-e
r-ichi-e: I really don't know how MaGog works, but is it possible that some games are primarly denominated in other currencies than US$ and therefore because of currency rate changes come all these small fluctuations of prices? (I mean the kind of 29,99 to 30,15 etc)
Nah, it's not that. Notice that almost every game has a base price (i.e. the price in the US and other places without a regional price) ending in .99. If what you said was true, it would be the US price the one ending in all kind of different figures.
Hmm, and what if base price is in US$ but (sometimes?) regional prices are stored in gog database in other currencies?
They're still ripping off Canadians. The CDN dollar has been gaining value since last year but GOG still converts it to several points lower. GOG should use a true daily exchange rate like other retail sites do. As the CDN dollar continues to gain and GOG keeps the prices fixed high, I'm less and less interested in buying new titles for my library.
r-ichi-e: Hmm, and what if base price is in US$ but (sometimes?) regional prices are stored in gog database in other currencies?
I was about to say no again, because I thought GOG only accepted a few currencies (like USD, EUR, GBP and RUB), but it turns out that list is considerably longer:
All items on GOG.com are available in these currencies:
Australian dollars (AUD),
Canadian dollars (CAD),
Danish kroner (DKK),
Euro (EUR),
Norwegian kroner (NOK),
Polish złoty (PLN),
Pounds sterning (sic) (GBP),
Russian rubles (RUB),
Swedish kroner (SEK),
Swiss francs (CHF),
with other countries being billed in US Dollars (USD)
(Source; question 6)

EUR and RUB notwithstanding, the rest of currencies happen to correspond to single-country regions which are usually singled out price-wise (and more often than not, just for a few cents). So... dunno, maybe it's got something to do with currencies?
ray.mccall: The CDN dollar
What's that? The CaDaNian dollar? :P

Jokes aside, GOG hasn't changed its exchange rates for a while (last time was 21 November 2016), and according to the current exchange rates (just got them from Google a minute ago) Canada is indeed being charged more[*], but it's not the most ripped off country out there: Russians, Brazilians and Swedes are being more surcharged than Canadians[**].

In contrast, the Brits are the most benefited with the current exchange rate with a 1% implicit discount.

See the attached image for the whole picture.

[*] In non-regionally priced games in Canada. Regionally priced games are significantly cheaper there.

[**] LOL, I don't expect any Russian or, to a lesser extent, Brazilian complaining about exchange rates. Long live regional pricing! xD
Attachments:
@muntdefems - Your analysis is accurate, so it's good to see others are noticing what GOG is doing. I can't speak for Russians etc, but as the CDN dollar keeps gaining but GOG keeps it fixed, it's becoming more of a ripoff not buying elsewhere. Indeed, Steam has a few games I want at better prices. So what's GOG's no-DRM worth? Certainly something, but this exchange rate issue is a surcharge scam that I'm not rewarding.especially as the dollar strengthens.

ray.mccall: The CDN dollar
muntdefems: What's that? The CaDaNian dollar? :P

Jokes aside, GOG hasn't changed its exchange rates for a while (last time was 21 November 2016), and according to the current exchange rates (just got them from Google a minute ago) Canada is indeed being charged more[*], but it's not the most ripped off country out there: Russians, Brazilians and Swedes are being more surcharged than Canadians[**].

In contrast, the Brits are the most benefited with the current exchange rate with a 1% implicit discount.

See the attached image for the whole picture.

[*] In non-regionally priced games in Canada. Regionally priced games are significantly cheaper there.

[**] LOL, I don't expect any Russian or, to a lesser extent, Brazilian complaining about exchange rates. Long live regional pricing! xD
That may be the case in those places with tiny differences, regional prices set by the publisher at one rate but GOG using another. However, it still means there are regional prices set manually, otherwise they would be set at GOG's exchange rate, so even if in different currencies, it'd work out to the same thing on GOG. Or at most with a difference of one cent from rounding (and there are some of those), but not with 5 or 10 or so.