It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
For once, a game whose price goes up instead of down:

---------------------------

The newly added game Eador. Imperium is regionally priced:

>>> It is $10.79 instead of $19.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $7.46 instead of $19.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

Pricing changed for Kona [In Dev]

>>> Base price changed from $9.99 to $17.99
>>> Price history for this game: On March 9, 2016, price changed from $11.99 to $13.99; on May 9, 2016, price changed from $13.99 to $9.99; on January 27, 2017, price changed from $9.99 to $17.99

>>> Regional price changed from $5.89 to $9.95 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, PR, UY
>>> Regional price changed from $3.69 to $5.79 in RU, UA, regUZ
muntdefems: For once, a game whose price goes up instead of down: [...]
You sound almost happy...

muntdefems: [...] Pricing changed for Kona [In Dev]

>>> Base price changed from $9.99 to $17.99
>>> Price history for this game: On March 9, 2016, price changed from $11.99 to $13.99; on May 9, 2016, price changed from $13.99 to $9.99; on January 27, 2017, price changed from $9.99 to $17.99 [...]
And this looks almost like they can't make up their mind, with the recent increase being a quite hefty one.
muntdefems: For once, a game whose price goes up instead of down: [...]
HypersomniacLive: You sound almost happy...
I thought the same. You made my day, muntdefems ;D
HypersomniacLive: You sound almost happy...
Aramandur: I thought the same. You made my day, muntdefems ;D
Nah, it's just that I had run out of things to say about price drops. :P

Of course I'm not happy about prices going up, but it was something to be expected for this game, what with it being In-Dev and so on. I didn't remember its previous price fluctuations though, I thought it had been $9.99 from the beginning.
high rated
31 January is Opposite Day, where Poland pays more than anyone else, and the Scandinavian countries get significant discounts! (maybe it's got something to do with Image and Form being Swedish...)

The newly added game SteamWorld Heist is regionally priced:

>>> It is $16.19 instead of $14.99 in PL
>>> It is $16.09 instead of $14.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $15.09 instead of $14.99 in CH
>>> It is $13.69 instead of $14.99 in GB
>>> It is $13.59 instead of $14.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $12.06 instead of $14.99 in DK
>>> It is $11.79 instead of $14.99 in NO
>>> It is $10.89 instead of $14.99 in SE
>>> It is $8.79 instead of $14.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $5.19 instead of $14.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game SteamWorld Heist - Hatbox: Hatful Eight + 2 [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $1.29 instead of $1.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $0.79 instead of $1.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game SteamWorld Heist - Hatbox: Three 4 Free [DLC] is flat-priced (and free)! :)

The newly added game SteamWorld Heist: The Outsider [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $5.39 instead of $4.99 in PL
>>> It is $5.29 instead of $4.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $5.03 instead of $4.99 in CH
>>> It is $4.89 instead of $4.99 in GB
>>> It is $4.49 instead of $4.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $4.29 instead of $4.99 in NO
>>> It is $4.12 instead of $4.99 in DK
>>> It is $3.99 instead of $4.99 in CA, SE
>>> It is $3.09 instead of $4.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $1.83 instead of $4.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

Pricing changed for Constructor

>>> Game is now regionally priced ($3.49 instead of $5.99) in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> Game is now regionally priced ($2.89 instead of $5.99) in RU, UA, regUZ
@muntdefems

Thanks for all these updates. They're handy!

Cheers
muntdefems: 31 January is Opposite Day, where Poland pays more than anyone else, and the Scandinavian countries get significant discounts! (maybe it's got something to do with Image and Form being Swedish...)
Or with GOG hating their own country. ;)
PaterAlf: Or with GOG hating their own country. ;)
Let me see.

SteamWorld Heist:

Right now 1US$=4,015PLN
$16,19 = 65 PLN
Except current GoG price is 66,19 PLN, so this means GoG's conversion rate is 1US$=4,08PLN. Ugh.

But, there is also mysterious fair price package which returns 5,20 PLN to the wallet after purchase.
So, the final price is in fact 60,99PLN, which compared to the base price 14,99 US$ doesn't look that bad
Now, the other thing is that "fair price package" sometimes is turned on, sometimes is not. Still, I'd say all the mess above is justified because of fluctuations of currency exchange rates (which is sometimes bigger than we'd want - for example after Trump's election 1US$ went sharply up to the 4,20PLN)

If there is a ripoff somewhere is the fact, that 99% of all the games here are qualifiying PL zone to the more or less world base price.
Which is ridiculous. True, Poland might have been a member of EU, but it's still a poorer one. There is a reason year after year thousands of Poles are migrating to the "old Europe" countries like UK, Germany or Sweden. This reason is called difference of paycheck they can get here and there. A huge difference.
Leaving Poland in the base price zone results that most of my compatriots are "buying" them on the other sites for the very discounted prices of 0. Just stating the fact. For me, as a customer here, games that are not discounted do not exist. And typicaly 75% is the number I begin to consider purchase. And even then, I feel the distaste in my mouth - because if there would be honest regional PL price I'd pay even less.

But I digress. Coming back to the question: is this GoG's fault (because they hate their own country), or is it moronic policy of game producers and distributors. And if the GoG have anything to say when it comes to games' regional prices. As I'm not working at GoG so I really don't have a slightest idea, but perhaps we might find a hint to this answer when we check the pricing of Witcher 3, which is - as we all now - is produced by GoG's owner, CDProjekt Red

$45.29: AU NZ
$43.85: SE
$43.39: DK
$41.19: CA
$40.19: CH
$37.65: NO
$32.29: DE IT MT MC NL CZ SK
$31.25: GB
$24.49: PL
$23.39: AR CL CO MX PE UY BR
$19.99: UZ
$18.09: RU UA

Ah yes. Slightly more expensive than South America, and definitely not as much as in "old Europe" Seems legit to me.
Post edited February 01, 2017 by r-ichi-e
high rated
r-ichi-e: ...
Repeat with me one more time: REGIONAL PRICING MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!!!

Case in point, SteamWorld Heist:

The newly added game CAYNE is flat-priced (and free)! :)

The newly added game CAYNE: DELUXE CONTENT [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $7.59 instead of $6.99 in NO
>>> It is $7.54 instead of $6.99 in DK, PL, SE
>>> It is $7.46 instead of $6.99 in CH, regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $6.19 instead of $6.99 in GB
>>> It is $5.27 instead of $6.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $4.09 instead of $6.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $2.46 instead of $6.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

Pricing changed for SteamWorld Heist

>>> Regional price changed from $11.79 to $15.25 in NO
>>> Regional price changed from $10.89 to $14.15 in SE

Full regional pricing scheme for this game:

>>> It is $16.09 instead of $14.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $15.25 instead of $14.99 in NO
>>> It is $15.09 instead of $14.99 in CH
>>> It is $14.15 instead of $14.99 in SE
>>> It is $13.69 instead of $14.99 in GB
>>> It is $13.59 instead of $14.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $12.06 instead of $14.99 in DK
>>> It is $8.79 instead of $14.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $5.19 instead of $14.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

Pricing changed for SteamWorld Heist - Hatbox: Hatful Eight + 2 [DLC]

>>> Game is now regionally priced ($2.19 instead of $1.99) in NO

>>> It is $2.19 instead of $1.99 in NO
>>> It is $1.29 instead of $1.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $0.79 instead of $1.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

Pricing changed for SteamWorld Heist: The Outsider [DLC]

>>> Regional price changed from $4.29 to $5.36 in NO
>>> Regional price changed from $3.99 to $4.96 in SE

>>> It is $5.39 instead of $4.99 in PL
>>> It is $5.36 instead of $4.99 in NO
>>> It is $5.29 instead of $4.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $5.03 instead of $4.99 in CH
>>> It is $4.96 instead of $4.99 in SE
>>> It is $4.89 instead of $4.99 in GB
>>> It is $4.49 instead of $4.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $4.12 instead of $4.99 in DK
>>> It is $3.99 instead of $4.99 in CA
>>> It is $3.09 instead of $4.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $1.83 instead of $4.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
muntdefems: Repeat with me one more time: REGIONAL PRICING MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!!!
Both have their merits and demerits.

In case you tldr'd my rant: what I was trying to say is that IF you're using regional price and there is PL zone defined , then its current usage is... stupid.

To be fair, PL is not the only regional zone treated in such way.
Post edited February 01, 2017 by r-ichi-e
r-ichi-e: In case you tldr'd my rant: what I was trying to say is that IF you're using regional price and there is PL zone defined , then its current usage is... stupid.
Can't argue with that, so I agree.

My general point is that trying to find any sense in regional pricing is a futile effort. There are many parties involved: devs, publishers, stores... Some regions are treated quite differently depending on the game you look at (as you did when you compared SteamWorld Heist and The Witcher 3), but sometimes a given region is arbitrarily rewarded or punished on different DLCs of the same game (see my previous post and the Norwegian prices for SteamWorld Heist and its DLCs). I think it's safe to assume that whoever was the ultimate responsible for one set of prices, was also the one who decided the rest, so how could something like this come to be? (other than throwing dice, of course)
muntdefems: I think it's safe to assume that whoever was the ultimate responsible for one set of prices, was also the one who decided the rest, so how could something like this come to be?
Whoa, how can you be so sure about that?
And what if set of prices (and the regional zones) are specified in contracts between GoG (reseller) and game publishers? One game publisher say they want xxx for every base price copy with the exemptions for (for example) 50% SA zone, 70% Russia and India etc. And another publisher for another game will set them completely different. All GoG can do is to comply and take their trade margin. Add to this some smaller changes because of currency rate changes and there you have all the mess.

The example of Witcher 3 is supporting this theory - the regional prices there are much more reasonable because actually GoG could set them as he wanted (because they are together with game devs part of the same company).
Post edited February 02, 2017 by r-ichi-e
muntdefems: I think it's safe to assume that whoever was the ultimate responsible for one set of prices, was also the one who decided the rest, so how could something like this come to be?
r-ichi-e: Whoa, how can you be so sure about that?
My bad, I misread my own log and I thought Norwegians got a discount on one particular DLC of SteamWorld Heist while getting a surcharge on the base game and the other DLC. This is not the case, as they get slightly screwed across all products.

But my point still stands: the base game and the The Outsider DLC cost above base price in Poland, while the Hatbox: Hatful Eight + 2 DLC has no extra cost. Even though I'm happy for you on that particular DLC, you'll agree with me that this is inconsistent at least (unless they forgot to add the Polish surcharge), and that it is safe to assume that whoever decides the pricing scheme for the base game, also decides the prices for the DLCs.
muntdefems: But my point still stands: the base game and the The Outsider DLC cost above base price in Poland, while the Hatbox: Hatful Eight + 2 DLC has no extra cost.
True. Except that Outsider is covered by their Fair Price Package (1,40PLN wallet refund) while Hatbox is not/
Incidentally, this 1,40PLN is more/less equal 0,34US$ of difference between base price and PL price :D

This is an example of mess which comes from currency rate exchange. Don't ask me why they are doing such... contortions with part of their titles, and why they simply leave the base price.
I suspect though, that every time we got PL zone more expensive than base price, then it's compensated by Fair Price Package. This can be true for other european countries.
r-ichi-e: I suspect though, that every time we got PL zone more expensive than base price, then it's compensated by Fair Price Package. This can be true for other european countries.
This is true for all the regions (this is the very definition of Fair Price Package, in fact). So you do not get any FPP for Hatbox because it's supposed to cost you the base price. If you do pay more it's because GOG has not updated the exchange rates for more than 2 months. See here for more details.