It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's been 3 months since i bought something here, and i'm eagerly waiting to spend some money on some oldies (or not some oldies - looking at you Witcher III).

Possible start is June 5th or June 7th. Why you'll ask?
Well cause the Steam Sale starts at June 21st and GOG usually starts their sales before Steam's. It will be a good 14 days even though i despise summer with passion.

The rest is good though.
Epitaph666: It's been 3 months since i bought something here, and i'm eagerly waiting to spend some money on some oldies (or not some oldies - looking at you Witcher III).

Well cause the Steam Sale starts at June 21st and GOG usually starts their sales before Steam's. It will be a good 14 days even though i despise summer with passion.

The rest is good though.
I was about to start a similar discussion myself, so thank you for beating me to it. I want to add that I'm considering getting an annual Humble Bundle subscription for about $132 because it comes with $25 of store credit (plus an extra 10% discount) in the Humble Store, in addition to the DRM-free games that are free for download any time in the Humble Trove. I might prefer to spend that money on GOG games, but there's only 1 more day before I have to make my decision.

Do I hate Steam DRM enough to pass on a ton of cheap DRM games that I will probably only play one time, if at all? How important is DRM-free to me? How important is supporting GOG and GOG's partner developers? Will I be able to afford to buy my favorites on GOG.com also, when they eventually become available? Will I actually re-play the games if I re-buy them on GOG? Is "rentware" really so bad? How many times do I watch a movie before I'm satsified and move on? One time? Two times? What about for games? One time? Two times?
Post edited May 10, 2018 by badon
Despite looking forward to GOG Summer Sale, i also have high hopes regarding GOG 10th Anniversary Sale, which should be something special. You hear me GOG team? :p
The summer sale seems to get earlier every year:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_sales_historical_dates_and_forecasts/page1
PainOfSalvation: Despite looking forward to GOG Summer Sale, i also have high hopes regarding GOG 10th Anniversary Sale, which should be something special. You hear me GOG team? :p
"To celebrate our 10th anniversary, we'll start selling Steam keys"

Okay, just kidding :p
PainOfSalvation: Despite looking forward to GOG Summer Sale, i also have high hopes regarding GOG 10th Anniversary Sale, which should be something special. You hear me GOG team? :p
I hope they do something good to justify the occasion.
And not some mystery hat thing.
Desmight: "To celebrate our 10th anniversary, we'll start selling Steam keys"

Okay, just kidding :p
"And you get a car and you get a car and..."
Regarding Summer Sale - as I said somewhere else:
Steam Summer Sale starts on June 21st.
That means that we should expect GOG Summer Sale starting:
- on June 5th - in case of two-week sale
- on June 12th - in case of one-week sale
As far as I understand it's something we should expect around August 1st this year.
badon: Is "rentware" really so bad? How many times do I watch a movie before I'm satsified and move on? One time? Two times? What about for games? One time? Two times?
I'm not very radical here. After some changes my current strategy is buying games on Steam if they are:
a) dirty cheap (it's quite often thanks to some gamers who buy some bundles and split them with me)
b) I want to play once and don't care what happens next.
It includes also Artifex Mundi games which I quite like, but they're not available here.
My primary game library and the only one I care is GOG one. And thanks to GOG Connect now I can easily lost my Steam account and it would be nothing terrible for me. All important purchases are made here.
Post edited May 10, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin
ciemnogrodzianin: As far as I understand it's something we should expect around August 1st this year.
Sept 8th is the date they opened the site to the general public (Early Access Beta). Prior to that, it was press only.
Sept 8th also matches the day the 6th Birthday Sale started in 2014.
RWarehall: ...
Oh, thanks for the correction.
I was referring to the date from Wikipedia (Launched: 1 August 2008).
drmike: The summer sale seems to get earlier every year:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_sales_historical_dates_and_forecasts/page1
Indeed. There is a clear correlation with global warming.
drmike: The summer sale seems to get earlier every year:

dr.schliemann: Indeed. There is a clear correlation with global warming.
I love global warming. Everyone should try global warming. It's so much warmer, and so much globaler.
Epitaph666: It's been 3 months since i bought something here, and i'm eagerly waiting to spend some money on some oldies (or not some oldies - looking at you Witcher III).

The rest is good though.
badon: I was about to start a similar discussion myself, so thank you for beating me to it. I want to add that I'm considering getting an annual Humble Bundle subscription for about $132 because it comes with $25 of store credit (plus an extra 10% discount) in the Humble Store, in addition to the DRM-free games that are free for download any time in the Humble Trove. I might prefer to spend that money on GOG games, but there's only 1 more day before I have to make my decision.

Do I hate Steam DRM enough to pass on a ton of cheap DRM games that I will probably only play one time, if at all? How important is DRM-free to me? How important is supporting GOG and GOG's partner developers? Will I be able to afford to buy my favorites on GOG.com also, when they eventually become available? Will I actually re-play the games if I re-buy them on GOG? Is "rentware" really so bad? How many times do I watch a movie before I'm satsified and move on? One time? Two times? What about for games? One time? Two times?
While your reasoning is sound in the short term, there ARE games you will want to play again. Maybe you have children you will want to share them with. Maybe you will have children you will want to share them with. Hell, maybe 10 years from now you will want a playable copy without having to visit warez sites to crack it. Please don't reward bad behavior (DRM) for short term gains.
badon: ...I'm considering getting an annual Humble Bundle subscription for about $132 because it comes with $25 of store credit (plus an extra 10% discount) in the Humble Store, in addition to the DRM-free games that are free for download any time in the Humble Trove. I might prefer to spend that money on GOG games, but there's only 1 more day before I have to make my decision.
That Humble Bundle Monthly offer has been available quite often, so you might consider waiting out on the current one. There was an even better deal recently, buy three months of Monthly and get $12 store credit, unless I'm miss-remembering, somebody please correct me if that's the case. Anyway, I got that one, and I still have a month left, since I wasn't interested in most early unlocks. This month's Destiny 2 also isn't going to make me pull the trigger. 12 months feels like a huge investment for random rewards.

EDIT: I was wrong...
Post edited May 11, 2018 by MadalinStroe
badon: ...I'm considering getting an annual Humble Bundle subscription for about $132 because it comes with $25 of store credit (plus an extra 10% discount) in the Humble Store, in addition to the DRM-free games that are free for download any time in the Humble Trove. I might prefer to spend that money on GOG games, but there's only 1 more day before I have to make my decision.
MadalinStroe: That Humble Bundle Monthly offer has been available quite often, so you might consider waiting out on the current one. There was an even better deal recently, buy three months of Monthly and get $12 store credit, unless I'm miss-remembering, somebody please correct me if that's the case. Anyway, I got that one, and I still have a month left, since I wasn't interested in most early unlocks. This month's Destiny 2 also isn't going to make me pull the trigger. 12 months feels like a huge investment for random rewards.
I agree. Humble Bundle is amazingly talented in business. They're trying to lock people into paying for bundles during the summer slow season when far fewer people are buying games (they're outside when it's warm). So, they do an unusually good Humble Monthly once or twice, then hit people with the best 1 year deal offered in recent memory to hook as many buyers as possible. Of course, it's possible they could slack off on the quality of the bundles during the summer, and instead save the best quality for a colder season when more people are interested in buying games.

I don't recall seeing a 3 month deal like that, but if you are remembering it correctly, $12 bonus for 3 months ($4 per month) is much better than $25 bonus for 12 months ($2.08 per month). I like to know what I'm buying, and I will only count the value of the games I actually want in a Humble Bundle when I calculate what it is worth to me. I might skip a month, or I might just do it one month at a time. I am doubting I will pull the trigger on the 1 year deal.

I really prefer to buy from GOG, and we probably have a spring sale and/or a summer sale coming up that will shake-out all my loose change. When I say I really prefer to buy from GOG, I mean that I feel no hesitation whatsoever to just grab whatever catches my eye, whenever I see it. The prices are always fair, and sometimes much better than competitors. Along with no hesitation about the issue of DRM when buying from GOG, I'm also comfortable spending a little more than I would for DRM games.

At the end of it all, what I ask myself is, "How long will it take before I find the time to play and COMPLETE the new games I just bought?" When I OWN the games DRM-free from GOG, the answer to that question (whatever it is) doesn't cause me to hesitate before purchasing something when it's competitively priced. For Steam, DRM, and all the headaches that come with them, I prefer to keep my backlog of games as small as possible...so if I'm not sure when I will play a game, I prefer to just wait...and wait for it to appear on GOG!

As GOG is my witness, I will never have a DRM backlog again! Praise The Load!