It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<deleted>
Post edited April 02, 2016 by JunglePredator
Post edited March 25, 2016 by park_84
Bumping my trade (post7186).
OK, I'm new so how exactly trading works here? Couldn't find the info in the first post.

I bought couple games that I tried and they turned to be not my cup of tea, so it would be nice if I could trade them for something I might actually play. But I couldn't find anything about trading here except buying a game as a gift and sending the code to someone and expecting him to do the same. Is that how trading works (i.e. I'm stuck with those 2 games I'll never play), is it a Galaxy only feature (haven't tried Galaxy yet) or is it a feature not available for new members?
chromeneon: OK, I'm new so how exactly trading works here? Couldn't find the info in the first post.

I bought couple games that I tried and they turned to be not my cup of tea, so it would be nice if I could trade them for something I might actually play. But I couldn't find anything about trading here except buying a game as a gift and sending the code to someone and expecting him to do the same. Is that how trading works (i.e. I'm stuck with those 2 games I'll never play), is it a Galaxy only feature (haven't tried Galaxy yet) or is it a feature not available for new members?
Sadly you're stuck with the 2 games. Once a game has been redeemed to an account they're yours; you're not legally allowed to trade them.
When people on here trade they're usually trading extra copies of games where the serial hasn't been redeemed or they have gift copies provided on other sites like Steam. These occur in a number of ways... lots of people buy Humble Bundles for example: http://www.humblebundle.com/ or me for instance... I just traded away an extra copy of Neverwinter Nights the other day. I had an extra serial number provided by GOG from pre-ordering the Witcher 3 on here... a game that's so old that even with out it being in bundles I own 2 or 3 copies of it. (I think it's 3... 1 disc based, 2 digital).
There's no rule about new members not trading but lots of new accounts are actually scammers trying to steal games (because they're losers most likely) so you'll have a hard time trading than others. The best advice is to be active & interact with other people for some time. That said anyone who does trade with you will likely ask you to send your game 1st... however lots of scammers will do this as well.
As for the games you bought & don't like... best bet is to try & get a refund from GOG. There's a chance they'll allow it but the official refund policy is here: https://www.gog.com/support/website_help/money_back_guarantee
JunglePredator: Once a game has been redeemed to an account they're yours; you're not legally allowed to trade them.
To be more accurate, you can't trade a game when it has been redeemed and downloaded. GOG can convert a game from your library into a gift code if you ask them to, and I think they don't object as long as the game hasn't been downloaded.
Post edited March 20, 2016 by park_84
JunglePredator: Don't suppose anyone will trade Pillars Of Eternity + it's 2 DLC stupidly out of ratio? Pre-ordered the game on Steam but after installing Blood Dragon it's stopped working after playing it the last week or so. (See https://www.gog.com/forum/pillars_of_eternity/now_responses_on_steam_forum_sooo_crash_on_start_after_installing_blood_dragon)
Wondering if GOG edition would be better but can't re-buy it (any $ I get for games will go to the division honestly...).

List of stuff I have is: http://pastebin.com/Vavrqk0V
Ouch.

Even the Expansions for that look pricey
JunglePredator: Don't suppose anyone will trade Pillars Of Eternity + it's 2 DLC stupidly out of ratio? Pre-ordered the game on Steam but after installing Blood Dragon it's stopped working after playing it the last week or so. (See https://www.gog.com/forum/pillars_of_eternity/now_responses_on_steam_forum_sooo_crash_on_start_after_installing_blood_dragon)
Wondering if GOG edition would be better but can't re-buy it (any $ I get for games will go to the division honestly...).

List of stuff I have is: http://pastebin.com/Vavrqk0V
wanderer_27: Ouch.

Which.... Division or Pillars?
wanderer_27: Ouch.

JunglePredator: Which.... Division or Pillars?
Pillars . . . not sure Division is on GOG, or where you looking for Steam?
JunglePredator: Which.... Division or Pillars?
wanderer_27: Pillars . . . not sure Division is on GOG, or where you looking for Steam?
Nah... The Division is the latest Tom Clancy game.... DRMed out the ying yang that one is. Steam & UPlay combo DRM like everything Ubisoft now days.

Personally I don't think $15 for a DLC pack is too much for Pillars... seen much stupider prices for stuff... like _anything_ from Koei.
Bump ( Post 11107 )
JunglePredator & park_84, thank you for the info. I don't think I can ask for a refund as I've downloaded the games and they run just fine. I should have probably played a demo before making the purchase. Anyway, they were in a sale, so no big deal. Will probably do the demo first for more expensive titles in the future.
[H] Divinity Original Sin gog key

Interested in SquareEnix flash sale.
Traded with : fan3l
censored
Post edited March 21, 2016 by apehater
chromeneon: JunglePredator & park_84, thank you for the info. I don't think I can ask for a refund as I've downloaded the games and they run just fine. I should have probably played a demo before making the purchase. Anyway, they were in a sale, so no big deal. Will probably do the demo first for more expensive titles in the future.
Unfortunately demos are a dying thing. If you can't find a demo, hit people up in here. Ask as many questions as you can about the game and make sure it meets your standards. We love that shit and none of us want to see someone throw their money away.