It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

do any of you guies ever heard about dynamic I.P. ? that and also in many countries, ISP didnt switch yet to ipv6 and are still ipv4...

so for example if you are a gog user and also live in the network vicinity of a known scammer (like: connecting through same ISP's node) chances are you would get "banned" from gog like 48h after the scammer did if you ends up getting same IP after renewing connection. Statiscal odds that could happen are small, sure, but it still can happen

that plus "collecting IP" is a severe concern, at least in EU, legally speaking. 1st it's (mis)considered as a personal unique data (which is networkwise BS) and then was made "valid" as an element of proof regarding some legal procedures (which are just standing as cards castle, waiting to crumble)
but the day gog begins collecting my ip and stuff, i could better go anywhere else like steam, origin, or even uplay then at such anticonsumer point reached
zeogold: it's still not downright ILLEGAL unless they scammed someone out of money or are sending death threats or something.
Sachys: Maybe not where you're from... here it counts both as fraud and a TWOC.
TWOC? We haven't got that in America. Doesn't that just apply to cars, anyways?
And I still don't think it counts as fraud, does it? I mean, the people are just giving the games away for free anyways, it'd be different if they bought the game solely for the purpose of trading for something offered by the scammer.
Sachys: Maybe not where you're from... here it counts both as fraud and a TWOC.
zeogold: TWOC? We haven't got that in America. Doesn't that just apply to cars, anyways?
And I still don't think it counts as fraud, does it? I mean, the people are just giving the games away for free anyways, it'd be different if they bought the game solely for the purpose of trading for something offered by the scammer.
Taken WithOut Consent

and yes - obtaining anything from anybody else under false pretenses counts as fraudulent activity. you may prefer the term "con" though.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by Sachys
Sachys: and yes - obtaining anything from anybody else under false pretenses counts as fraudulent activity. you may prefer the term "con" though.
Even if it was given away for free? It's not something akin to taking all the samples at the grocery store?
timmy010: i just meant as a user feature. so users can blacklist i.p.'s. not the staff. or is that the same thing?
Seriously, this shouldn't be an option for the end-user....

And as said above, since many users have a dynamic IP, that would be a pointless option.

futhermore : add the possible use of VPNs

I'm quite pissed by all illegals activies occuring in this forum, but it's definitly not a good idea.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by DyNaer
Sachys: and yes - obtaining anything from anybody else under false pretenses counts as fraudulent activity. you may prefer the term "con" though.
zeogold: Even if it was given away for free? It's not something akin to taking all the samples at the grocery store?
Nope. Those are taxable freebies designated and declared as such on a tax form, usually deductible from a BUSINESSES tax for the year. Very different.

Its more akin to someone pretending to be homeless and begging for change saying "I'm homeless, please help!"

Edit: oh yeah, and harrassment is illegal too... to the point where theres now a speciic set of criminal laws in the UK to cover internet trolls.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by Sachys
Sachys: Its more akin to someone pretending to be homeless and begging for change saying "I'm homeless, please help!"
I didn't think THAT was technically illegal, either.
You guys must have some different rules over in Europe. Either that, or I don't know much about our own. I'm guessing it's a combination of both.
i do agree with what's been said. i'll just try to get the wishlist removed.

i do think there should be a standardised set of guidelines set up by the guild of honorary gog users. something like a jury of peers overlooking a trade or a neutral party to hold the keys.
timmy010: i do agree with what's been said. i'll just try to get the wishlist removed.

i do think there should be a standardised set of guidelines set up by the guild of honorary gog users. something like a jury of peers overlooking a trade or a neutral party to hold the keys.
That sounds more feasible. I doubt the staff would implement it, though. This is just one forum out of many, after all. Maybe one or more of the members could organize it, though.
Also, it sounds pretty similar to what's already going on at The Community Giveaway, as well as Sachys' and Foxworks' Bizarre Bazooka Boomerang Bonanza thing, except these are gifts rather than trades. However, chances are you'd find something you like from the giveaway. If you donate a game as well, it could feel sort of like a "trade", I guess.
timmy010: i do agree with what's been said. i'll just try to get the wishlist removed.

zeogold: That sounds more feasible. I doubt the staff would implement it, though. This is just one forum out of many, after all. Maybe one or more of the members could organize it, though.
Also, it sounds pretty similar to what's already going on at The Community Giveaway, as well as Sachys' and Foxworks' Bizarre Bazooka Boomerang Bonanza thing, except these are gifts rather than trades. However, chances are you'd find something you like from the giveaway. If you donate a game as well, it could feel sort of like a "trade", I guess.
checked back the communauty giveaway thread and so far you are not (officially) banned from there :)
zeogold: That sounds more feasible. I doubt the staff would implement it, though. This is just one forum out of many, after all. Maybe one or more of the members could organize it, though.
Djaron: checked back the communauty giveaway thread and so far you are not (officially) banned from there :)
I never was. It's the Bizarre Bazookery something-or-other run by Sachys/Foxworks where the Ninja Giveaway thread nets me a ban.
Would like Xcom: Enemy Within expansion from the latest Humble Bundle.

Have:
Trade Post

edit: due to information provided by madth3, I'm cancelling my trade offer and buying the BTA bundle myself.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by BenKii
high rated
BenKii: Would like Xcom: Enemy Within expansion from the latest Humble Bundle.

Have:
Trade Post
The latest bundle does not provide individual keys. Check the note right above the purchase area.
BenKii: Would like Xcom: Enemy Within expansion from the latest Humble Bundle.

Have:
Trade Post
madth3: The latest bundle does not provide individual keys. Check the note right above the purchase area.
Thanks for the info. I'm just going to go buy it then before the average increases.
@KOIMA57 Thanks brother for yet another smooth trade. Cheers :)

Updating my trade list.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by ShadowPatriarch