It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kalanyr: How did you get the new galaxy installers ? I did some brief poking and the galaxy installers aren't available via the API used by gogrepo. At least they weren't last week. I'd happily add support do download either or both to my fork in the meantime.
Galaxy installers are listed in "galaxyDownloads" node in game details json (/account/gameDetails/{productid}.json)
Kalanyr: How did you get the new galaxy installers ? I did some brief poking and the galaxy installers aren't available via the API used by gogrepo. At least they weren't last week. I'd happily add support do download either or both to my fork in the meantime.
Sude: Galaxy installers are listed in "galaxyDownloads" node in game details json (/account/gameDetails/{productid}.json)
Thanks. I'll look into this now and see what I can do.

ETA - Yeah , this is trivial to implement. The only annoying bit is that every download is listed in galaxyDownkoads including patches and Linux files that don't contain galaxy. They have the same names, md5 and size as the non-Galsxy files though, whereas Galaxy files have names ending in (g). This should be fine as long as GOG never fails to update any of those files or forgets to add a (g) when updating them.
In order to allow separe downloads without name clashes or doubles I'm going to have to change my duplicate file detection method too. I think I need a shared downloads category. Bully.

ETA2 - Or I could reuse some code I already wrote and use some list comprehensions instead. That also works. That was pretty easy. Now I just need to update the other functions to check galaxuDownloads and sharedDownloads and we're good.
Post edited July 14, 2017 by Kalanyr
Anyone done anything about downloading the game screenshot (and background)? If not, I'll take a stab at it. I noticed in the manifest that the image link looks like
//images-1.gog.com/e7c0608f17b06dbfcceed3a71a4e49138ae654c666477da456010ab65d0ef70a
and the image is actually downloadable as gif, jpg, and png. What would you want for image type, and do you think they should be renamed to be the same as the directory name (game name)? Maybe with _bg added to the background image name?
Err what do people prefer as default behaviour

Downloading Non-Galaxy , Galaxy or Both ? It will be modified via parameters of course.

Also is there any desire to skip shared files : eg if you're storing non-Galaxy installers somewhere else as an emergency backup and don't want to double store stuff ?
sbaylus: Anyone done anything about downloading the game screenshot (and background)?
You mean like this? Yes please, do take a stab, I'm currently doing it manually (every few months) and it is a pain.
sbaylus: Anyone done anything about downloading the game screenshot (and background)?
JMich: You mean like this? Yes please, do take a stab, I'm currently doing it manually (every few months) and it is a pain.
Yes, exactly like that. However, since the images would go in the game directory, I would have to rename the background. Would everyone be happy with .png, or should I add an option to get .jpg or .gif?

My first thought is to add the image download to the update function where it makes the directory and writes the info file. Unless consensus is to do it in the download function. Any thoughts before I start?
sbaylus: Would everyone be happy with .png, or should I add an option to get .jpg or .gif?
The png should be an option, since it is the lossless image that can be later changed to a lossy one. Adding the _bg does sound (to me) like a good idea.
Be aware that the images I have are from the catalog, not the library, so unbundled games are not present there. Small difference, but might be important later on.
JMich: You mean like this? Yes please, do take a stab, I'm currently doing it manually (every few months) and it is a pain.
sbaylus: Yes, exactly like that. However, since the images would go in the game directory, I would have to rename the background. Would everyone be happy with .png, or should I add an option to get .jpg or .gif?

My first thought is to add the image download to the update function where it makes the directory and writes the info file. Unless consensus is to do it in the download function. Any thoughts before I start?
The directory and info are created during Download not Update. Right at the start actually. Same with info updates which is why it lags behind until you do a download.

Update doesn't take a directory argument and would have no idea where to put the folders as a result.
sbaylus: Yes, exactly like that. However, since the images would go in the game directory, I would have to rename the background. Would everyone be happy with .png, or should I add an option to get .jpg or .gif?

Kalanyr: The directory and info are created during Download not Update. Right at the start actually. Same with info updates which is why it lags behind until you do a download.

Update doesn't take a directory argument and would have no idea where to put the folders as a result.
Yes, you're right. Don't know what I was thinking there. So I'll add it as an option to the download function.
Kalanyr: Err what do people prefer as default behaviour

Downloading Non-Galaxy , Galaxy or Both ? It will be modified via parameters of course.
I vote non-Galaxy as default :)
Any thoughts about adding a wild card to the -id option (-id a* to download or update all games starting with 'a')?
I apologize in advance for the huge inconsistency in the Galaxy/Non-Galaxy/Shared files command lines across commands in my upcoming implementation. I found it necessary because different things imply different default behaviour (update with GOG Galaxy probably non-Galaxy by default, other = everything in manifest by default)
ETA - Actually when I'm feeling less lazy I should probably carry that rule of thumb through everything. Sensible defaults for the manifest and default to everything in the manifest for other settings but still overridable.

sbaylus: Any thoughts about adding a wild card to the -id option (-id a* to download or update all games starting with 'a')?
Hmmmm. How complicated do you want to get with the matching ? Like what wild card operators and positions do you want to accept ?
Kalanyr: I apologize in advance for the huge inconsistency in the Galaxy/Non-Galaxy/Shared files command lines across commands in my upcoming implementation. I found it necessary because different things imply different default behaviour (update with GOG Galaxy probably non-Galaxy by default, download = everything in manifest by default, backup = everything by default)

sbaylus: Any thoughts about adding a wild card to the -id option (-id a* to download or update all games starting with 'a')?
Kalanyr: Hmmmm. How complicated do you want to get with the matching ? Like what wild card operators and positions do you want to accept ?
For me, just matching the first characters (a* or an* or ano*) would be sufficient. Helps to break up a very long download for me, and faster than doing it one by one. I actually modified the code temporarily to just download everything under 100MB to get a lot of the small files out of the way. Currently I'm sitting at 2071.62GB left to download and a 6 Mbps download speed (2 GB/hr appx)
First and foremost: Is there a reason why other people are starting to fork gogrepo? What happened to woolymethodman and the next version that was supposed to appear soon?

Kalanyr: Hmmmm. How complicated do you want to get with the matching ? Like what wild card operators and positions do you want to accept ?
If you want to implement pattern matching you should go all out and use RegEx. While that may be a bit of a pain to learn for people who never heard of it before it is an established standard for pattern matching that is very powerful and so ubiquitous that an implementation already exists for practically every modern programming language. Which means it should be trivial to implement since you only need to run the strings (game names) and the user provided matching pattern through the RegEx functions that Python provides.
Geralt_of_Rivia: First and foremost: Is there a reason why other people are starting to fork gogrepo? What happened to woolymethodman and the next version that was supposed to appear soon?
He vanished since many months due to a too good life XD
Congrats to him, but we remained a bit f**ked.