It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If the site's updates weren't so broken as to be useless, I'd have known that.
Kalanyr: This happens if the game has been updated between when you updated the manifest and when you downloaded. Delete the files giving you this error then force an update on the game in question, then download again and it should be fine.
Post edited May 09, 2017 by paladin181
Sigh.. woolymethodman didn't finish before "The Bloating"
I couldn't get this to work so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and now I'm get a "pip is not recognized" when I try "pip install html5lib html2text"

EDIT:

Okay I got that part working but when I try to log in I get argument 1 must be a char not unicode
Post edited May 16, 2017 by Magmarock
Can you give more info? What OS, version of python, can I see the full stacktrace?

EDIT: Oh I think this is that getpass issue. I just merged a PR someone sent which fixes this, grab the latest version from github.

This is also fixed in my upcoming Python3 release.
Post edited May 17, 2017 by woolymethodman
Problem with ukrainian language. gogrepo would like to download ukrainian versions but I request english and german only....
do you have an example game or two?
woolymethodman:
Please.. release something (+_+)
woolymethodman:
phaolo: Please.. release something (+_+)
Why not use the current version? It works ok, update just takes longer (but download doesn't). Later if and when the updated version is released, you can switch to use it instead.
timppu: Why not use the current version? It works ok, update just takes longer (but download doesn't). Later if and when the updated version is released, you can switch to use it instead.
Because the new version was supposed to be released soon.
Also, I need the new features (e.g: the space pre-allocation to avoid defragmenting GBs of data).

Btw, now we'll also need an option to select the Galaxy-less installers, instead of the default ones..
Post edited June 05, 2017 by phaolo
phaolo: Btw, now we'll also need an option to select the Galaxy-less installers, instead of the default ones..
Well, since we don't know that if GOG goes with the "two different sets of installers, one with Galaxy and one without" (which IMHO is a braindead solution to a problem that shouldn't exist, and potentionally causes lots of new issues), how they will do it, then we don't know yet if there will be any meaningful way to skip downloading them wilth mass-downloading tools like gogrepo. It all depends how clearly and coherently GOG would differentiate the two different sets. The worst thing would be that they start using several different ways over time, or they simply slap the different installers under different subtitles, and the tool is somehow supposed to differentiate them by the subtitle above the links (yeah right).

That's also why I suggest you stop waiting, and download your games already now. At least then you have a complete set of your games up to date (for now), without having downloaded lots of the games twice (with the Galaxy installer, and without).

phaolo: Also, I need the new features (e.g: the space pre-allocation to avoid defragmenting GBs of data).
Frankly, that is such a minor issue that it shouldn't be the reason not to use the current version. They are big files mostly, you can download them one by one if you want (tell gogrepo to use only one download stream; I think by default it uses four download streams (downloading four different files at the same time), and if you really want, run a defragmenter for your set afterwards.

I really fail to see why you think that is such a major issue. The little fragmentation there would be for your GOG installer set means absolutely nothing.
Post edited June 05, 2017 by timppu
timppu: we don't know that if GOG goes with the "two different sets of installers
[..] we don't know yet if there will be any meaningful way to skip downloading them
Sadly, Fables said that it's already decided.
I already foresee outdated and buggy alt installers..
Now it will be even more a pain to manage standalones.
This, combined with Legacy Magog.. -_-

timppu: They are big files mostly, you can download them one by one if you want
[..]run a defragmenter for your set afterwards.
[..]The little fragmentation there would be for your GOG installer set means absolutely nothing.
That's exactly what I want to avoid..
Normal downloads (on Win) can cause a lot of fragments (except maybe on semi-empty drives) and big files are slow to defrag.
Using only 1 download will take 4x time and won't assure zero fragments, so it's not a good alternative.
I want to store the installers properly, not scattered with 1000 pieces (useful also when backupping the entire hdd).

timppu: That's also why I suggest you stop waiting, and download your games already now [..] without having downloaded lots of the games twice (with the Galaxy installer, and without).
That's a good point, though..
Is there a 'For Dummies' version of getting this running? (Windows 10). I'd like to get this going, but not really understanding where to start...
phaolo: Using only 1 download will take 4x time and won't assure zero fragments, so it's not a good alternative.
No it won't, it uses all the available bandwidth to download one file (at a time), instead of four. The total download time shouldn't be different, as long as GOG servers don't start throttling single downloads.

It is similar as when you download some files with your web browser. You can either download four files at the same time, or one file at a time. Each way you choose, they should arrive to you as fast. Your available download bandwidth doesn't magically quadruple just because you download four files at the same time.

As for it not assuring zero fragments, neither will pre-allocation necessarily assure that. The pre-allocated space on your hard drive is most probably still in many fragments. Also, I still don't understand why you consider a little bit of fragmentation such an issue. It won't affect you in any way. Your installer files are just as safe, they don't take any extra room due to little fragmentation, and they get installed just as fast.

Pre-allocation is a nice feature (if for nothing else but to make sure you really have enough room all the way to the end), but it should hardly be a deal-breaker not to use the current version.

GR00T: Is there a 'For Dummies' version of getting this running? (Windows 10). I'd like to get this going, but not really understanding where to start...
I haven't tested these instructions lately, but they should at least give you an idea. Ps. Install Python 3 (3.6.1 currently) on your PC at this point, not Python 2.x.x.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/is_gog_downloader_still_supported_by_gog_or_are_they_scrapping_it/post39

And read the gogrepo readme file for more elaborate instructions and meaning of different options and commands.
Post edited June 05, 2017 by timppu
timppu: I haven't tested these instructions lately, but they should at least give you an idea. Ps. Install Python 3 (3.6.1 currently) on your PC at this point, not Python 2.x.x.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/is_gog_downloader_still_supported_by_gog_or_are_they_scrapping_it/post39

And read the gogrepo readme file for more elaborate instructions and meaning of different options and commands.
My thanks, and a tip of the hat to you, good sir!
timppu: The total download time shouldn't be different, as long as GOG servers don't start throttling single downloads.
They don't? I expect single downloads to use a max bandwidth inferior than my actual total.
I'd also imagine a simultaneous file dowload limit too, by the way (is it exactly 4?).

timppu: [..]zero fragments, neither will pre-allocation necessarily assure that.
I don't know, other programs actually managed to obtain zero (1) fragments in the past (on non almost-full HDDs).

timppu: [..]I still don't understand why you consider a little bit of fragmentation such an issue. It won't affect you in any way.
I probably got traumatized in the past, after discovering various downloaded files with 5000+ fragments XD
(mostly a program's fault and on drive C, but 200-500 can still happen)
Post edited June 05, 2017 by phaolo