It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Now that the wool-man is back, it doesn't seem to work for me anymore.
I'm getting:
17:44:08 | failed to load product data (are you still logged in?)
And trying to login again gives me:
17:45:32 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gogrepo.py", line 1167, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "gogrepo.py", line 1139, in main
cmd_login(args.username, args.password)
File "gogrepo.py", line 537, in cmd_login
login_data['passwd'] = getpass.getpass("enter password: ")
File "C:\Python27\lib\getpass.py", line 95, in win_getpass
msvcrt.putch(c)
TypeError: must be char, not unicode
Smannesman: Now that the wool-man is back, it doesn't seem to work for me anymore.
I'm getting:

17:44:08 | failed to load product data (are you still logged in?)
Smannesman: And trying to login again gives me:

17:45:32 | fatal...
File "gogrepo.py", line 1139, in main
cmd_login(args.username, args.password)
File "gogrepo.py", line 537, in cmd_login
File "C:\Python27\lib\getpass.py", line 95, in win_getpass
msvcrt.putch(c)
TypeError: must be char, not unicode
Smannesman:
Which version of python? I assume Windows based on your stacktrtace.. are you using normal command prompt, or something else?
woolymethodman: Which version of python? I assume Windows based on your stacktrtace.. are you using normal command prompt, or something else?
2.7.10 on Windows yes, via command prompt.
woolymethodman: Which version of python? I assume Windows based on your stacktrtace.. are you using normal command prompt, or something else?
Smannesman: 2.7.10 on Windows yes, via command prompt.
Do you even get a chance to input a password, or no?

If not, try to make this change in the script

to:
login_data['passwd'] = getpass.getpass()

Alternatively install Python 3.. it will be required in the next version of gogrepo (I am dropping Python 2 support).
Smannesman: 2.7.10 on Windows yes, via command prompt.
woolymethodman: Do you even get a chance to input a password, or no?

to:

Alternatively install Python 3.. it will be required in the next version of gogrepo (I am dropping Python 2 support).
Good to see you're okay.

Just as a heads up , argparse does not display usage for no parameters on Python 3 it falls through the switch instead which is likely very confusing to a new user. But you might have fixed this already during cleanup.
woolymethodman: Hi folks! I'm extremely sorry for the disappearing act. I have NOT abandoned gogrepo.py, nor will I. I just recently got engaged to my wonderful wife-to-be, and also started a new job that I've had to put a lot of energy and focus into for the time being. On top of that I have other IRL commits I can't easily abandon right now.

Some good news is that I have some vacation days booked to pad around the Easter weekend where I plan to work on gogrepo.py for two complete days and to have a pre-release ready for you all to try. The pre-release should be near flawless, but I expect a bug or two given it's almost a full rewrite & cleanup effort. Completion wise, today, I'd say it's currently about 70% where I'd like it to be.

By the end of April, I will have an official release, based on any remaining fixes or bugs that you guys report. From this point on, I will go back to the normal github model with incremental commits.

Thanks for your patience. This is a fun hobby of mine that definitely needs more time :) (also I need to play some games! lol)
So glad you're ok. Glad the script is getting updated… but CONGRATULATIONS on the awesome developments of your life! So happy that you returned, and with great news to boot!
Thanks all! Really appreciate it.

@Kalanyr, yup that is fixed and thanks for pointing that out.
woolymethodman: Hi folks!
Never lost faith.. also as others have said CONGRATULATIONS on getting hitched and the new job... big things... glad to see your ok ^_^
woolymethodman: [...] I just recently got engaged to my wonderful wife-to-be, and also started a new job that I've had to put a lot of energy and focus into for the time being. [...]
Congratulations!
It's very good that you got engaged to your wife-to-be. It might've been awkward if you'd gotten engaged to someone else. :P
woolymethodman: Do you even get a chance to input a password, or no?

to:

That did it.
I'll install Py3 after updating.
Thanks man!
woolymethodman: Thanks all! Really appreciate it.
Good to hear you are fine and getting even finer (engaged and all)!

Is the next version of gogrepo going to have the ability to divide the local collection to several paths (drives)? Just so that I know if I really should invest already now on a 4TB external hard drive (instead of my existing 2TB ones).
woolymethodman: Regarding my low rep.. totally understand :) I've had this account for 5 years but have not been very social (and haven't needed game support as GOG games just work for me!).
Understand completely. I'm always watching but rarely engaging ...... just never enough time.

Excellent project! I spent hours maintaining a drive(s) specifically for my GoG games, until the amount of games I owned depleted it's economic viability. After some hard thinking I came to realise that it was primarily the bonus material I was after - Game OST's make up a large percentage of the background music I play, Game artwork often ends up as slideshows in my screensaver.

Would be great to have the ability to have an automated service which could download/update specific bonus material (e.g. OST's, artwork, books/comics) to a user defined location (e.g. G:\Music\Game_OST) while using the game title for the folder naming.

Keep up the fantastic work.
woolymethodman: Regarding my low rep.. totally understand :) I've had this account for 5 years but have not been very social (and haven't needed game support as GOG games just work for me!).
Ebany: Understand completely. I'm always watching but rarely engaging ...... just never enough time.

Excellent project! I spent hours maintaining a drive(s) specifically for my GoG games, until the amount of games I owned depleted it's economic viability. After some hard thinking I came to realise that it was primarily the bonus material I was after - Game OST's make up a large percentage of the background music I play, Game artwork often ends up as slideshows in my screensaver.

Would be great to have the ability to have an automated service which could download/update specific bonus material (e.g. OST's, artwork, books/comics) to a user defined location (e.g. G:\Music\Game_OST) while using the game title for the folder naming.

Keep up the fantastic work.
You know there is:

-skipgames
It would only download Extras.

I download all and created my own nifty scripts to extract all OST, then convert it to OGG Vorbis, so I can play it in TransportFever :D

When I get home I can post some instructions...

p.s. this is for a Windows PC and you need to have 7zip installed (64bit example):
This job runs in a folder that contains all the soundtrack archives D:\soundtracks\ (usually .zip or .rar).

FOR %%X in (*.rar *.zip) DO (
"C:\Program Files\7-zip\7z.exe" x "%%X" -aos -o"D:\soundtracks\out\%%X"
)
In D:\soundtracks\out\ you get a subfolder with the name of the archive, ie:

1nsane_soundtrack.zip
a_new_beginning_soundtrack.zip
Then you need the program ffmpeg with build in static libraries for Windows as standalone binary and name it:
_ffmpeg.exe
In the same folder 'out' where this script runs as well:

ECHO OFF
SET datetimef=%date:~-4%_%date:~3,2%_%date:~0,2%
FOR /R %%X in (*.mp3) DO (
FOR /F "Tokens=3 Delims=\" %%F IN ("%%~pX") DO (
IF NOT EXIST "..\OGG\%%F" MKDIR "..\OGG\%%F"
pushd "..\OGG\%%F"
IF NOT EXIST "%%~nX.ogg" (
"D:\SOUNDTRACKS\out\_ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%X" "%%~nX.ogg"
) ELSE (
ECHO Skipped File %%X >> "..\_%datetimef%_log.txt"
)
popd
)
)
It creates subfolders for each soundtrack in the hierarchy:
D:\SOUNDTRACKS\OGG
and converts the files to ogg vorbis
Post edited April 06, 2017 by disi
comand: python3
Python 3.4.3 (default, Nov 17 2016, 01:11:57)
[GCC 4.8.4] on linux

command: python3 gogrepo.py update -os windows linux mac -lang en cn it cz ar gk es ru nl pt no tr ro pl fr bl de jp hu br fi da ko sv sk sb
21:54:17 | loading local manifest...
21:54:17 | fatal...
File "gogrepo.py", line 1142, in main
cmd_update(args.os, args.lang, args.skipknown, args.updateonly, args.id)
File "gogrepo.py", line 607, in cmd_update
gamesdb = load_manifest()
File "gogrepo.py", line 259, in load_manifest
return eval(ad)
File "<string>", line 1449
'size': 3321688331L,
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Is it possible my install of Python3 is corrupted?

EDIT:
Nevermind the error.
This command was trying to use the manifest file that was created with Python2.7.
I simply renamed that manifest file to allow gogrepo (with Python3) to create a new manifest file.
Post edited April 07, 2017 by solar_dome
disi: It would only download Extras.

I download all and created my own nifty scripts to extract all OST, then convert it to OGG Vorbis, so I can play it in TransportFever :D

When I get home I can post some instructions...
Thanks a million, will give it a go as soon as I get the time.