It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jbergmann: I am using Kalanyr's script. I am on Fedora 36. I have been receiving the following errors lately. I have deleted the mainifest.dat file and rebuilt it and I still get the errors...

Do we know what this is? Is there a workaround? Thanks!

04:02:59 | loading local manifest...
04:03:00 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/GOG_REPO/GOG/./gogrepoc.py", line 2931, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "/mnt/GOG_REPO/GOG/./gogrepoc.py", line 2693, in main
cmd_download(args.savedir, args.skipextras, args.skipids, args.dryrun, args.ids,args.os,args.lang,args.skipgalaxy,args.skipstandalone,args.skipshared, args.skipfiles,args.downloadlimit)
File "/mnt/GOG_REPO/GOG/./gogrepoc.py", line 1627, in cmd_download
items = load_manifest()
File "/mnt/GOG_REPO/GOG/./gogrepoc.py", line 398, in load_manifest
db = eval(ad)
File "<string>", line 8116
'extras': [AttrDict(**{'desc': 'manual',
^
SyntaxError: '{' was never closed
04:03:00 | --
04:03:00 | total time: 0:00:00.000033
04:03:00 | exiting...
Apologies I didn't see this. This is an indicator that one of your games in the manifest has broken the parsing somehow. I'd need a copy of your manifest to look into this further.
Can I get a link to whatever the latest version is? Getting an error with my current one

File "C:\gogrepo\gogrepoc.py", line 17, in <module>
import html5lib
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'html5lib'
Post edited February 24, 2023 by DDDespair
DDDespair: Can I get a link to whatever the latest version is? Getting an error with my current one

File "C:\gogrepo\gogrepoc.py", line 17, in <module>
import html5lib
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'html5lib'
DDDespair:
The latest version is here:
https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/tree/master

But it looks like you might not have installed html5lib, which is required by gogrepoc.

Here is the command line for installing all the required libs, including html5lib:
python -m pip install html5lib html2text pyOpenSSL requests six
Post edited February 24, 2023 by mrkgnao
Btw, is there any option of changing the sort order when the scripts looks for changes?

On the website I like to sort my games by purchase date, the script however uses alphabetical sort order and using it also changes the sort order on the website.
mrkgnao: The latest version is here:

But it looks like you might not have installed html5lib, which is required by gogrepoc.

Here is the command line for installing all the required libs, including html5lib:
python -m pip install html5lib html2text pyOpenSSL requests six
Thanks a bunch
As a heads up imperator_rome is having the issue again. You probably want to make a backup of the folder before doing any GOG updates that can touch it (pretty much only new setups, full updates or updates specifically targetting it by ID) .

neumi5694: Btw, is there any option of changing the sort order when the scripts looks for changes?

On the website I like to sort my games by purchase date, the script however uses alphabetical sort order and using it also changes the sort order on the website.
I don't think it's a great idea to allow changing sorting order (potential issues with resumes) during processing but I can make it remember your order and restore that when it's done.
Post edited March 05, 2023 by Kalanyr
Kalanyr: I don't think it's a great idea to allow changing sorting order (potential issues with resumes) during processing but I can make it remember your order and restore that when it's done.
It's something very minor. Don't invest too much time into it.
I just want to say thanks for this tool!

I'm downloading 500+GB of games today.

I'll need to have a look at The Witcher 3 and the Mafia games because some files are not planned for download. (I'll only get the classic Witcher 3, somehow.)

I'm downloading French and English versions, by the way; in case that means something.
Post edited March 25, 2023 by Bowi_
What does "gogrepoc.py update -strictverify" do? I don't really understand. :P
Bowi_: What does "gogrepoc.py update -strictverify" do? I don't really understand. :P
gogrepoc remembers if I file has been verified before (ie it's MD5 calculated and compared to the value stored in the manifest), the update command clears that memory if the MD5 changes (so that verify knows to do a new check), as a convenience measure gogrepoc has a fallback mode for files without md5s where it verifies that the name and file size haven't changed and doesn't reset the verification memory if that's true. In strict mode it doesn't use the second criteria, so anything that gets update that doesn't have an unchanged MD5 from what's stored in the manifest will get it's verify status reset and be verified the next time the verify command is used.
Kalanyr: gogrepoc remembers if I file has been verified before...
Thanks!
When I get errors like:

"xml parsing error occurred trying to get md5 data for setup_mafia_iii_definitive_edition_1.0.1_(48569)-8.bin"
or
"request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='gog-cdn-lumen.secure2.footprint.net', port=443): Read timed out. (3 retries left) -- will retry in 5s..."

should I be worried?
Bowi_: When I get errors like:

"xml parsing error occurred trying to get md5 data for setup_mafia_iii_definitive_edition_1.0.1_(48569)-8.bin"
or
"request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='gog-cdn-lumen.secure2.footprint.net', port=443): Read timed out. (3 retries left) -- will retry in 5s..."

should I be worried?
Not really. the first one is GOG sending bad MD5 data which happens a bit, it just gets ignored and treated like there is no MD5 data at all for verification in that case.

And the second is just an indicator of a non-fatal error that's being retried, if it runs out of retries and fails, the error you then get might be an issue but hopefully that error message is clear enough.
mrkgnao: The functionality is already there.

All you need to do is add:
-skipfiles patch_*
to your download and verify command lines (no need to do anything for update or clean commands).

Timppu is correct in his warning, but I consider it worthwhile to filter out all patches nonetheless (especially since so many GOG games are outdated vis-a-vis steam anyhow, so one or two more hardly matter to me).

If you want to save some more space, you could also consider ignoring 32-bit installers, assuming you have a 64-bit OS.

To ignore both patches and 32-bit installers, just add:
-skipfiles setup_*_(32bit)_* patch_*
to your download and verify command lines.
Thank you for this, this command wasn't in the documentation.
mrkgnao: The functionality is already there.

All you need to do is add:
-skipfiles patch_*
to your download and verify command lines (no need to do anything for update or clean commands).

Timppu is correct in his warning, but I consider it worthwhile to filter out all patches nonetheless (especially since so many GOG games are outdated vis-a-vis steam anyhow, so one or two more hardly matter to me).

If you want to save some more space, you could also consider ignoring 32-bit installers, assuming you have a 64-bit OS.

To ignore both patches and 32-bit installers, just add:
-skipfiles setup_*_(32bit)_* patch_*
to your download and verify command lines.
t-elos: Thank you for this, this command wasn't in the documentation.
You're very welcome.

I believe the documentation tends to be outdated. I just use the command-line help:
gogrepoc.py [command] -h
to get help on specific commands, for example:
gogrepoc.py download -h
Post edited April 02, 2023 by mrkgnao