It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yes, I reinstalled the python with all the required files(from read me), now I get this:

.\gogrepoc.py login
File "O:\gog\gogrepoc.py", line 68
<title>gogrepoc/gogrepoc.py at master · Kalanyr/gogrepoc · GitHub</title>
^
SyntaxError: invalid character '·' (U+00B7)

or, from inside python:

O:\gog>python
Python 3.10.7 (tags/v3.10.7:6cc6b13, Sep 5 2022, 14:08:36) [MSC v.1933 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> gogrepoc.py login
File "<stdin>", line 1
gogrepoc.py login
^^^^^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Resolved: it was a syntax error, and it is common if I only copy/past or save as the file, I saved the zip file, unpack the py and works: 'Most often, the error SyntaxError: invalid character in identifier occurs when code is copied from some source on the network'
Post edited October 06, 2022 by pigulici
pigulici: <title>gogrepoc/gogrepoc.py at master · Kalanyr/gogrepoc · GitHub</title>
It looks like Telika is right and you've not got the file quite right. Can you open gogrepoc.py in a text editor and see if it starts with:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

from __future__ import print_function
from __future__ import division
from __future__ import unicode_literals
If not, go to the link Telika shared, select all of the text, copy it and paste it into gogrepoc.py (after deleting what's already in there), save it and try again.
Yes, I used copy/paste and save as, and learned that it is not good for code....
pigulici: Yes, I used copy/paste and save as, and learned that it is not good for code....
Not sure what you mean?

What lines does your gogrepoc.py file start with?
pigulici: Yes, I used copy/paste and save as, and learned that it is not good for code....
HappyPunkPotato: Not sure what you mean?

This was my problem ''Most often, the error SyntaxError: invalid character in identifier occurs when code is copied from some source on the network'", I just copy/paste the text from browser and tried saveas of that file too, but look like was bad to do that, if copy the zip and unpack on my pc, the file works.
HappyPunkPotato: Not sure what you mean?

pigulici: This was my problem ''Most often, the error SyntaxError: invalid character in identifier occurs when code is copied from some source on the network'", I just copy/paste the text from browser and tried saveas of that file too, but look like was bad to do that, if copy the zip and unpack on my pc, the file works.
Oh great, I'm glad you've got it working! :)
Little oddities of no consequence, that probably make sense for a computer :

- Some games keep coming with their russian version, for some reason. Ex: "Planescape torment".

- The info! file occasionally displays urls from the german version of gog-com (with the /de/ ) and german terminology (Teil 1 von 5). Ex: "The forgotten city".

- Some games insist on downloading two versions without being very clear as to why. Ex: "Darkstar One".

I assume it comes from eccentricities on gog's database's side ?
Telika: Little oddities of no consequence, that probably make sense for a computer :

- Some games keep coming with their russian version, for some reason. Ex: "Planescape torment".

- The info! file occasionally displays urls from the german version of gog-com (with the /de/ ) and german terminology (Teil 1 von 5). Ex: "The forgotten city".

- Some games insist on downloading two versions without being very clear as to why. Ex: "Darkstar One".

- I can't replicate that. That seems like the automatic language detection isn't working correctly. You can manually set the language(s) using eg -lang en

- That is probably the same issue.

- I don't own Darkstar One but the most common cause of this is a 32 bit vs 64 bit pair of installers.
Telika: Little oddities of no consequence, that probably make sense for a computer :

Kalanyr: - I can't replicate that. That seems like the automatic language detection isn't working correctly. You can manually set the language(s) using eg -lang en

- I don't own Darkstar One but the most common cause of this is a 32 bit vs 64 bit pair of installers.
I was actually using "-lang en fr", when getting these russian and german artefacts.

Also yes, I sometimes get both 32 bits and 64 bits versions (I wish there was a parameter for this), but they are usually described as such in the name. The weirder duplicates I get simply differ by their versions (old vs new numerotation system). Maybe they're unlabelled 32 bits and 64 bits versions ?

It's only annoying because I update my files in very large batches, so having additional versions does add a lot of time to the download process. And duplicates take a lot of disk space, oonly to be re-downloaded when I erase what seems the older version. Again, I assumed it was due to less-than-rigorous naming and labelling on gog's side...

I can try to check and list the specific oddities once these downloads are over. If you think it's worth the trouble.
Kalanyr: - I can't replicate that. That seems like the automatic language detection isn't working correctly. You can manually set the language(s) using eg -lang en

Telika: I was actually using "-lang en fr", when getting these russian and german artefacts.

Also yes, I sometimes get both 32 bits and 64 bits versions (I wish there was a parameter for this), but they are usually described as such in the name. The weirder duplicates I get simply differ by their versions (old vs new numerotation system). Maybe they're unlabelled 32 bits and 64 bits versions ?

It's only annoying because I update my files in very large batches, so having additional versions does add a lot of time to the download process. And duplicates take a lot of disk space, oonly to be re-downloaded when I erase what seems the older version. Again, I assumed it was due to less-than-rigorous naming and labelling on gog's side...

I can try to check and list the specific oddities once these downloads are over. If you think it's worth the trouble.
Huh, interesting. That suggests that the fr tag is misapplied (or has been applied to some russian / german versions for some reason), as I run with the -en flag and don't get those artefacts.

Yeah, unfortunately the only way to detect 32 vs 64 bit at the moment is heuristically.

Yeah, I'd certainly be interested in any information you can find.
I've noticed that lately the -updateonly switch does not seem to be working for me. The final message is "no new game or updates found.".

I'm using the latest (master) version of gogrepoc (Kalanyr).

Full command looks like this:
gogrepoc.py update -os windows -lang en de fr it es -updateonly

and I have quite a few games in my library (maybe this could be a reason why it's not working?)

Using the update -id <game> version of the command, for games that I know that have updated their offline installers (via the "what did just update" thread) does work though.

Does this mean there Is something wrong with my manifest file?
Or are the update flags updated very slowly these days?
Kalanyr: Yeah, I'd certainly be interested in any information you can find.
I'll have a look tonight. For the time being, I just checked the manifest, and it's a mix of english and german. Some games have an url at gog.com (wth labels such as "aventure"), others at the /de/ version of gog.com (and labels such as "abenteuer"). I've never used lang -de. But I live in switzerland (the french speaking part) and switzerland is often recognized as german by websites. Not sure if/how this would have come in play.

It's no big deal, because this germanized data appears nowhere in day to day usage (it's internal to gogrepoc activities) and I haven't spotted german versions of games. It's just a point of curiosity.

But I'll make later an inventory of the out of place files that arrived through my -os windows -lang en fr.

(And the missing ones. For instance, the Syberia TWB soundtrack DLC doesn't seem to appear in the manifest. I had to download it manually. Which is tragic, as it's the most precious bit of the whole 3 TB.)
Post edited October 11, 2022 by Telika
PraetorianWolfie: I've noticed that lately the -updateonly switch does not seem to be working for me. The final message is "no new game or updates found.".

I'm using the latest (master) version of gogrepoc (Kalanyr).

Full command looks like this:
gogrepoc.py update -os windows -lang en de fr it es -updateonly

and I have quite a few games in my library (maybe this could be a reason why it's not working?)

Using the update -id <game> version of the command, for games that I know that have updated their offline installers (via the "what did just update" thread) does work though.

Does this mean there Is something wrong with my manifest file?
Or are the update flags updated very slowly these days?
Nothing wrong on your side, the GOG web API hasn't been marking things as updated for ~3 weeks now (it's not working on the Shelf on the website either). GOG is aware of but have no ETA for a fix.
Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying this.
Kalanyr: Yeah, I'd certainly be interested in any information you can find.
For the time being, I've just checked the !info.txt file for Planescape Torment :

standalone...:

[setup_planescape_torment_1.01_(a)_(10597).exe] -- Planescape: Torment
version: 1.01 (A)
[setup_planescape_torment_french_1.01_(a)_(10597).exe] -- Planescape: Torment
version: 1.01 (A)

extras.........:

[pst_manual.zip] -- manual (50 pages)
[pst_wallpapers.zip] -- HD wallpapers
[pst_soundtrack.zip] -- soundtrack
[pst_avatars.zip] -- avatars
[pst_artworks.zip] -- artworks
[pst_book.zip] -- Chris Avellone and Colin McComb book
[setup_planescape_torment_russian_2.1.0.9.exe] -- Windows Russian localization (Fargus)
[bonus_planescape_torment_001_ru.zip] -- Mac Russian localization (Fargus)
[gog_planescape_torment_russian_2.2.0.10.sh] -- Linux Russian localization (Fargus)
These three files, in the extras, are as big as the english and french setup files, so they seem to be the complete games. Not sure who had the idea to put them among the extras.

I'll be checking in how many other games the same thing happens. (Syberia 2 is one of them, Shadowrun Dragonfall is another. Sacrifice too.)
Post edited October 12, 2022 by Telika