It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MatrixRaven: My session is currently suddenly not authenticated any longer, and using login prompts for user name and password, but then says GOG is asking for a reCaptcha and to try again later.

I tried manually editing the gog-cookies.dat by pulling the cookie data from my logged in browser using the Cookie Manager extension, but still no go. Anyone else having issues? Maybe GOG did something on their end? I need to update my library.
Kalanyr: The captcha locking can't be fully automated* and is bound to the IP. All you can do is use a cookie from a signed in browser where one in the correct format can be extracted or wait for the Captcha marking to time our or your IP to be rotated.

*It is possible to work around it with a rewrite that involves the user manually doing some stuff in the browser and copying some stuff back. But I only have that written for the Galaxy API.
Isn't it possible to solve the recaptcha manually from the same computer (=IP address) using a browser, and then the gogrepo login should work again, as GOG sees the login comes from the same IP address as the earlier successful recaptcha? Or is something else still needed?

EDIT: Or maybe I am thinking about the two-factor-authentication, ie. it seems to be triggered if your IP address has changed and you don't have valid existing cookies... I am not even sure what triggers the recaptcha, and why some of us practically never see it with GOG.
Post edited August 01, 2022 by timppu
Kalanyr: The captcha locking can't be fully automated* and is bound to the IP. All you can do is use a cookie from a signed in browser where one in the correct format can be extracted or wait for the Captcha marking to time our or your IP to be rotated.

*It is possible to work around it with a rewrite that involves the user manually doing some stuff in the browser and copying some stuff back. But I only have that written for the Galaxy API.
timppu: Isn't it possible to solve the recaptcha manually from the same computer (=IP address) using a browser, and then the gogrepo login should work again, as GOG sees the login comes from the same IP address as the earlier successful recaptcha? Or is something else still needed?

EDIT: Or maybe I am thinking about the two-factor-authentication, ie. it seems to be triggered if your IP address has changed and you don't have valid existing cookies... I am not even sure what triggers the recaptcha, and why some of us practically never see it with GOG.
You would think so. But I'm already logged in via browser on the same computer. I've even logged out and back in, and also logged in on the same computer via different browsers. I temporarily turned off 2factor authentication just to try to get around this and it's not helping. I'm still getting the recaptcha message, and it's the next day (nearly 24 hours).

Great suggestions, and thanks for replying and trying to help. Sadly, I'm still stuck.
timppu: Isn't it possible to solve the recaptcha manually from the same computer (=IP address) using a browser, and then the gogrepo login should work again, as GOG sees the login comes from the same IP address as the earlier successful recaptcha? Or is something else still needed?

MatrixRaven: You would think so. But I'm already logged in via browser on the same computer. I've even logged out and back in, and also logged in on the same computer via different browsers. I temporarily turned off 2factor authentication just to try to get around this and it's not helping. I'm still getting the recaptcha message, and it's the next day (nearly 24 hours).

Great suggestions, and thanks for replying and trying to help. Sadly, I'm still stuck.
I'm not sure if this will help but I had a similar problem to you yesterday and I was getting it while logged on in the browser.
The way I got past it was to edit my gog-cookies.dat file. I noticed that only the gog-al line seemed to have a date that had expired so I copied a date from another line that hadn't expired and then re-ran the gogrepoc script without trying to log in again and it worked.
Thanks for the suggestions. Tried that, too. No go. :(

UPDATE: It's working now. For some reason, the gog-al cookie was not visible in my browser dev console. I tried both Firefox and Chrome, I logged in and logged out. I changed my password. I did everything I could thing of. This evening, the cookie was finally set again and I replaced it in my cookies.dat and we're good to go.

I sincerely have no idea what the issue is. All I can say is, gog-al was not getting set in my browser or I simply could not see it in the dev console. Whether that was GOG issue or a Chrome issue, I don't know.

Thank you to everyone who replied and tried to help. This is the best of this community. :)
Post edited August 03, 2022 by MatrixRaven
Were there any updates, either official or unofficial, for gogrepoc since its update 0.4.0-a?
I couldn't find anything on its GitHub page, but I'm not very used to GitHub so I don't know if I missed anything.
_Auster_: Were there any updates, either official or unofficial, for gogrepoc since its update 0.4.0-a?
I couldn't find anything on its GitHub page, but I'm not very used to GitHub so I don't know if I missed anything.
AFAIK, Kalanyr does not change the version field when he updates the script. The script has been version 0.4.0-a since at least 2018.

Why don't you just download the script and compare it to the one you have to see if it's the same?

As for unofficial updates, there's my patch for the xml issue:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/post3167
Post edited August 11, 2022 by mrkgnao
_Auster_: Were there any updates, either official or unofficial, for gogrepoc since its update 0.4.0-a?
mrkgnao: AFAIK, Kalanyr does not change the version field when he updates the script. The script has been version 0.4.0-a since at least 2018.

Why don't you just download the script and compare it to the one you have to see if it's the same?

As for unofficial updates, there's my patch for the xml issue:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/post3167
I only update the release when I do an official release and it's just been incremental stuff.
And that worked well for me, though for some games I had to run the update twice. BIG THANKS mrkgnao.

See here - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogcli_gui_frontend_downloader_and_validator/post148

I used the latest DEV version from the following.

https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/tree/dev
Post edited August 11, 2022 by Timboli
Timboli: And that worked well for me, though for some games I had to run the update twice. BIG THANKS mrkgnao.
You're most welcome.
@Kalanyr - A problem has surfaced for me, and possibly everyone who uses gogrepoc.py.

I first noticed the issue when updating my list of games while GOG were doing their updates to our library in regard to Doom 1 Enhanced and Doom II Enhanced.

Before they had finished that, I was getting a full return of all titles - 1609
After they had finished, I am only getting - 1555

This has persisted, with your latest (132 kb) DEV version, with or without the patch by mrkgnao. (version 0.4.0-a)

Using an older (110 kb) version of gogrepoc.py I was able to get all 1609 titles again. (version k0.3a)

In all cases the return is showing all 17 pages in my GOG library are being processed and saved to gog-resume-manifest.dat

I use gogrepoc.py with my GOGRepo Simple GUI program.

-------------------------------------------

I also just discovered that the original gogrepo.py by Eddie (47 kb) had been updated last month, and using that returns all 1609 titles, and it mentions a fix for the XML issue. (version 0.3a)

This is the first update to the original that I have seen in years.

https://github.com/eddie3/gogrepo
Timboli: @Kalanyr - A problem has surfaced for me, and possibly everyone who uses gogrepoc.py.
No such issue for me.
mrkgnao: No such issue for me.
No idea what is going on then, especially as I had a sleep before further tries.

I presume you are using the latest gogrepoc.py from the following?

-------------------------------------------

I'm also not getting that issue with gogcli.exe.

Perhaps it is another gogrepoc.py memory issue on my system, though as I said, it was working fine before GOG added those two Doom versions to my account. I am presuming you have them too?

And as I said, an earlier version of gogrepoc.py doesn't have that issue.

I've also not done anything to my GUI code, so nothing has changed my end. I've also checked the result of STDOUT and all 17 pages of my library are being processed.

I've also checked the resulting gog-resume-manifest.dat file, and a large bunch of games are missing, including the two new Doom ones.

On top of that, I have since acquired the latest Demo at GOG and that exists, and the count has increased by one to 1556 titles ... or with a gogrepo.py version that doesn't have the issue, 1610 titles.

P.S. It seems to me, that something is causing some games to be skipped in the return. Might be related to some change by GOG and the recent code in gogrepoc.py for the XML issue.

P.S.S. Thinking about your patch. I only implemented the first part, as that was the only section you said you checked. If you implemented the other code, then maybe that is related to the issue. Have you tested using gogrepoc.py without your patch?
Post edited August 19, 2022 by Timboli
mrkgnao: No such issue for me.
Timboli: No idea what is going on then, especially as I had a sleep before further tries.

I presume you are using the latest gogrepoc.py from the following?

Yes.

Timboli: I'm also not getting that issue with gogcli.exe.

Perhaps it is another gogrepoc.py memory issue on my system, though as I said, it was working fine before GOG added those two Doom versions to my account. I am presuming you have them too?
Yes.

Timboli: And as I said, an earlier version of gogrepoc.py doesn't have that issue.

I've also not done anything to my GUI code, so nothing has changed my end. I've also checked the result of STDOUT and all 17 pages of my library are being processed.

I've also checked the resulting gog-resume-manifest.dat file, and a large bunch of games are missing, including the two new Doom ones.

On top of that, I have since acquired the latest Demo at GOG and that exists, and the count has increased by one to 1556 titles ... or with a gogrepo.py version that doesn't have the issue, 1610 titles.
Do you have any hidden games? I don't.

Perhaps try deleting the manifest and rebuilding it from scratch.
mrkgnao: Do you have any hidden games? I don't.
No I don't.

mrkgnao: Perhaps try deleting the manifest and rebuilding it from scratch.
No point doing that, as I am not using a full manifest anyway. My code uses the update parameter, and when it sees the gog-resume-manifest.dat file has been saved (in STDOUT), it exits the gogrepo.py process. I'm only using update to get a full list of titles. I then on request add each game to the manifest on-the-fly.

So the only kind of manifest file being used by the update process, and related to this issue, is the gog-resume-manifest.dat one, which lists the number of games at the start and only has some basic entries for each title.

EDIT
Looking at my current gog-manifest.dat file, it only has 55 games in it. That's all that has been added on-the-fly so far using verification for MD5, ZIP and file size. That's essentially all my GOGRepo Simple GUI program was created to do.
Post edited August 19, 2022 by Timboli
mrkgnao: Do you have any hidden games? I don't.
Timboli: No I don't.

mrkgnao: Perhaps try deleting the manifest and rebuilding it from scratch.
Timboli: No point doing that, as I am not using a full manifest anyway. My code uses the update parameter, and when it sees the gog-resume-manifest.dat file has been saved (in STDOUT), it exits the gogrepo.py process. I'm only using update to get a full list of titles. I then on request add each game to the manifest on-the-fly.

So the only kind of manifest file being used by the update process, and related to this issue, is the gog-resume-manifest.dat one, which lists the number of games at the start and only has some basic entries for each title.
I'm not too familiar with the gog-resume-manifest.dat file. Sorry.

I checked just now the one in my gogrepo directory. It has today's date and lists 0 games, whereas gog-manifest.dat has 1989 games.

Timboli: EDIT
Looking at my current gog-manifest.dat file, it only has 55 games in it. That's all that has been added on-the-fly so far using verification for MD5, ZIP and file size.
Did you notice that 55 is more or less the delta between the number you get and the number you expect? I bet that's no coincidence.

I would build a full manifest, if I were you.
Post edited August 19, 2022 by mrkgnao