It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BloodShed: When I looked in !downloading I found Hitman, Hitman: Codename 47 and Soma.
I tried using -id going through each game one at a time.

Soma and Hitman: Codename 47 download and verify without problems.

Hitman (2016) seems to be bugged since it wants to be saved in hitman_codename_47 and not hitman and not all files will download.

Here's the error when trying to verify:

py gogrepoc.py verify -id 1545448592
21:20:18 | loading local manifest...
21:20:20 | scanning manifest for renames...
21:20:20 | orphaning destination clash '.\hitman_codename_47'
21:20:20 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "S:\GOG\gogrepoc.py", line 532, in handle_game_renames
shutil.move(dst_dir, orphan_root_dir)
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\shutil.py", line 804, in move
raise Error("Destination path '%s' already exists" % real_dst)
shutil.Error: Destination path '.\!orphaned\hitman_codename_47' already exists

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "S:\GOG\gogrepoc.py", line 2778, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "S:\GOG\gogrepoc.py", line 2580, in main
cmd_verify(args.gamedir, args.skipextras,args.skipids,check_md5, check_filesize, check_zips, args.delete, args.clean,args.ids, args.os, args.lang,args.skipgalaxy,args.skipstandalone,args.skipshared, args.skipfiles, args.forceverify)
File "S:\GOG\gogrepoc.py", line 2181, in cmd_verify
handle_game_renames(gamedir,items,False)
File "S:\GOG\gogrepoc.py", line 537, in handle_game_renames
error(' -> rename failed "{}" -> "{}"'.format(olditem.title, newitem.title))
NameError: name 'olditem' is not defined
Kalanyr: Can you move or delete (up to you) the hitman_codename_47 folder from !orphaned and try updating -ids hitman_codename_47 again and then try again ?

(I'll have a look at the rename in verify and make sure the olditem isn't busted today)

ETA - Yeah , the rename error is busted, line 537 should actually be

error(' -> rename failed "{}" -> "{}"'.format(game.old_title, game.title))

not

Ok I flushed !downloading and !orphaned. Then deleted both Hitman and hitman_codename_47.

I tried downloading Hitman (2016) and some files fail to download and downloads / preallocates to hitman_codename_47 (in !downloading the folder is hitman).

Reset and tried '-ids hitman_codename_47' and that works fine
Kalanyr: Can you move or delete (up to you) the hitman_codename_47 folder from !orphaned and try updating -ids hitman_codename_47 again and then try again ?

(I'll have a look at the rename in verify and make sure the olditem isn't busted today)

ETA - Yeah , the rename error is busted, line 537 should actually be

error(' -> rename failed "{}" -> "{}"'.format(game.old_title, game.title))

not

BloodShed: Ok I flushed !downloading and !orphaned. Then deleted both Hitman and hitman_codename_47.

I tried downloading Hitman (2016) and some files fail to download and downloads / preallocates to hitman_codename_47 (in !downloading the folder is hitman).

So did that fix the issues for you? I have a theory about what went wrong but I'd have to buy the games to check and I'd probably not play them.
BloodShed: Ok I flushed !downloading and !orphaned. Then deleted both Hitman and hitman_codename_47.

Kalanyr: So did that fix the issues for you? I have a theory about what went wrong but I'd have to buy the games to check and I'd probably not play them.
Hitman (2016) is the only remaining game I can't complete (3 files (around 11GB) will constantly fail to download).
Didn't Hitman 2016 have faulty standalones?
I read it somewhere, but I can't find it atm..
Post edited October 07, 2021 by phaolo
Kalanyr: So did that fix the issues for you? I have a theory about what went wrong but I'd have to buy the games to check and I'd probably not play them.
He might have just run into the server problem that GOG had these days which resulted in a lot of files being cut off after the first 8 MB. See here.
Geralt_of_Rivia: He might have just run into the server problem that GOG had these days which resulted in a lot of files being cut off after the first 8 MB. See here.
Seems to be it.

Downloads are now working again.
About Hitman.

You probably will never be able to download it through the script.
Grrymjo: About Hitman.

But otherwise you can... or what do you mean?

Unless GOG removes the game from the accounts of those how have bought it, I presume people can still download it, be it with or without the script.
So are the Hitman 2016 downloads working again if you bought it before it was removed ? I don't think there's much I can do if they aren't but you can probably use the GOG Help site to lodge an issue (politely state that the currently uploaded installer for Hitman 2016 isn't working and needs to be fixed). I've reported defective installers in the past and had them fixed.
Grrymjo: About Hitman.

But I did.

It's working fine now.
I noticed a potential GOG issues with a game that I don't really feel up to testing at the moment.

Does anyone use Windows, have Hollow Knight and not have GOG Galaxy installed ?

I suspect the 32-bit Installer for Hollow Knight is broken as it's suspiciously small (only 32 MB) and using the installer says it only requires 1 MB of space. Could someone who meets the above requirements try installing it and see if it is indeed broken ?

(Need to not have GOG Galaxy installed because GOG Galaxy will almost certainly immediately repair it from the Galaxy files even if it is broken)
Kalanyr: I noticed a potential GOG issues with a game that I don't really feel up to testing at the moment.

Does anyone use Windows, have Hollow Knight and not have GOG Galaxy installed ?

I suspect the 32-bit Installer for Hollow Knight is broken as it's suspiciously small (only 32 MB) and using the installer says it only requires 1 MB of space. Could someone who meets the above requirements try installing it and see if it is indeed broken ?

(Need to not have GOG Galaxy installed because GOG Galaxy will almost certainly immediately repair it from the Galaxy files even if it is broken)
Yep, it's broken. See picture for the content of everything that installer installs.
Attachments:
content.png (20 Kb)
I can't seem to get this thing to work (ubuntu 21)
Magmarock: I can't seem to get this thing to work (ubuntu 21)
What have you done so far, and how does it fail?

And which version of gogrepo are you using? Woolymethodman's or Kalanyr's version, and main or development version?
Post edited October 23, 2021 by timppu
Magmarock: I can't seem to get this thing to work (ubuntu 21)
timppu: What have you done so far, and how does it fail?

And which version of gogrepo are you using? Woolymethodman's or Kalanyr's version, and main or development version?
I got it working. The instructions ain't very good in all honesty and the error messages weren't helpful either, But I followed this guide and all is good now. https://forum.level1techs.com/t/guide-gog-game-file-archiving-howto/175857

I do think this is a better tool though https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lgogdownloader_gogdownloader_for_linux

Still, I'm glad these both exist.