It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The zip integrity check just uses the built in python libraries (which has caused problems with multi-volume archives in the past due to lack of support*) so whether it's the original , my form or stable / Dev shouldn't matter at all

*Not crashing just false verification fails.
thank you woolymethodman for creating this script. got it working on win and linux and am happy that i can create a backup of my gog library this easy. great work, looking forward to any future development :)
Kalanyr: The zip integrity check just uses the built in python libraries (which has caused problems with multi-volume archives in the past due to lack of support*) so whether it's the original , my form or stable / Dev shouldn't matter at all

Hmmm, I'm getting a full on crash caused by these. The only way I was able to get past them was to rename the files in question so that gogrepo would think they're missing.

Seems like I should do a comprehensive update of my python libraries? I only installed Python to use this script and I've forgotten how to update things. Oh well, time to refresh my memory.
Post edited July 31, 2020 by my name is catte
Kalanyr: The zip integrity check just uses the built in python libraries (which has caused problems with multi-volume archives in the past due to lack of support*) so whether it's the original , my form or stable / Dev shouldn't matter at all

my name is catte: Hmmm, I'm getting a full on crash caused by these. The only way I was able to get past them was to rename the files in question so that gogrepo would think they're missing.

Seems like I should do a comprehensive update of my python libraries? I only installed Python to use this script and I've forgotten how to update things. Oh well, time to refresh my memory.
Hmm, it's possible that it's crashing if you use -clean and there's an existing archive with the same name already in !orphaned , I fixed that locally but can't remember if I pushed it.
my name is catte: Hmmm, I'm getting a full on crash caused by these. The only way I was able to get past them was to rename the files in question so that gogrepo would think they're missing.

Kalanyr: Hmm, it's possible that it's crashing if you use -clean and there's an existing archive with the same name already in !orphaned , I fixed that locally but can't remember if I pushed it.
No, I've not been using -clean, just the regular verify.
Hmm, an update doesn't seem to have changed anything.
00:18:13 | verifying earth_2140_trilogy\earth_2140_manual.zip...
00:18:13 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "J:\Games\GOG\gogrepoc.py", line 2779, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "J:\Games\GOG\gogrepoc.py", line 2581, in main
cmd_verify(args.gamedir, args.skipextras,args.skipids,check_md5, check_filesize, check_zips, args.delete, args.clean,args.ids, args.os, args.lang,args.skipgalaxy,args.skipstandalone,args.skipshared, args.skipfiles, args.forceverify)
File "J:\Games\GOG\gogrepoc.py", line 2300, in cmd_verify
if not test_zipfile(itm_file):
File "J:\Games\GOG\gogrepoc.py", line 469, in test_zipfile
with zipfile.ZipFile(filename, 'r') as f:
File "C:\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 793, in __init__
self._RealGetContents()
File "C:\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 852, in _RealGetContents
fp.seek(self.start_dir, 0)
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
What size is your zip ? That's crashing when python tries to get it's content. I thought I check size before more complicated analysis but maybe not.
Kalanyr: What size is your zip ? That's crashing when python tries to get it's content. I thought I check size before more complicated analysis but maybe not.
1.16MB, it's just the manual after all. It's easy to verify externally, I just wish it didn't crash the script.
Kalanyr: What size is your zip ? That's crashing when python tries to get it's content. I thought I check size before more complicated analysis but maybe not.
my name is catte: 1.16MB, it's just the manual after all. It's easy to verify externally, I just wish it didn't crash the script.
Are other zips verifying successfully before that or is that the first one ? I did some reading that suggests python doesn't handle relative paths that resolve to remote (network) addresses well.
my name is catte: 1.16MB, it's just the manual after all. It's easy to verify externally, I just wish it didn't crash the script.
Kalanyr: Are other zips verifying successfully before that or is that the first one ? I did some reading that suggests python doesn't handle relative paths that resolve to remote (network) addresses well.
No, plenty of zips before that get verified no problems. In my whole collection there are only about 5 zips that crash the script, but they always crash it without fail. This isn't a network drive, it's a USB external hard drive.
my name is catte: No, plenty of zips before that get verified no problems. In my whole collection there are only about 5 zips that crash the script, but they always crash it without fail. This isn't a network drive, it's a USB external hard drive.
Is it only that game? Or can you provide the name(s) of others if not?

I thought I had that game and was gonna test myself, but nope, I only have Earth 2150 and 2160.

What we need is someone else reporting the same issue.

Did you do a test with 7-Zip and its test option?
Are you getting the same issue with original gogrepo.py?

Is there a non alphanumeric character repeated across all effected zip filenames (internal especially)?

Have you tried a different source location (on another drive as well as PC drive)?

I'm probably covering old ground now, but I forget.
Have you re-downloaded the zips to see if the issue is consistent?
I know that isn't a solution to the overall issue, but it might help narrow it down to something peculiar to those zips or a definite error in them.
OS?
Python version & up-to-date library for zip files etc?

It might not be down to just one element ... could be due to a combination of factors.
Post edited August 04, 2020 by Timboli
Timboli: Is it only that game? Or can you provide the name(s) of others if not?

I thought I had that game and was gonna test myself, but nope, I only have Earth 2150 and 2160.
Postal 1 or 2, the avatars. Richard and Alice concept art and the Smugglers V intro theme I think. I can't check which because I'm away from the drive right now.

Timboli: Did you do a test with 7-Zip and its test option?
I tested them with Winrar and they passed ok.

Timboli: Are you getting the same issue with original gogrepo.py?
I haven't tried it recently, I'll check when I get a chance.

Timboli: Is there a non alphanumeric character repeated across all effected zip filenames (internal especially)?
I'll look out for that too.

Timboli: Have you tried a different source location (on another drive as well as PC drive)?
No. That would be a strange bug, but I guess it's possible.

Timboli: Have you re-downloaded the zips to see if the issue is consistent?
Yes, many times.

Timboli: OS?
Python version & up-to-date library for zip files etc?
Win 8.1, I've updated to the latest versions of both Python 2.7 and 3 and tried with both. I tried to update the zip library, but it seems like it got updated with python itself. If that's not the case, what name should I use for pip install?
my name is catte: Postal 1 or 2,
Ok, I have those two.

my name is catte: I tested them with Winrar and they passed ok.
Wouldn't hurt to also check with 7-Zip, which might reveal something.

my name is catte: No. That would be a strange bug, but I guess it's possible.
Not so strange if there is an issue with the drive, but I guess it's a long shot.

my name is catte: Win 8.1, I've updated to the latest versions of both Python 2.7 and 3 and tried with both. I tried to update the zip library, but it seems like it got updated with python itself. If that's not the case, what name should I use for pip install?
I'll be using Win 7 and Python 3.7 ... and no special pip install for zips.

Thanks for your replies.
I downloaded both POSTAL: Classic and Uncut and POSTAL 2 with the original gogrepo.py.

I verified them with both versions of gogrepo.py without any issue.

It was a good exercise too, as i discovered that the manifest created with the original gogrepo.py is not compatible with the forked version. To get around that, I got the forked version to do an Update for just those two games to an empty manifest, and then used that to Verify.
I've just downloaded the extras for the two Postal games and Richard & Alice and verified them with no problems. I'm using Kalanyr's master branch on Linux with Python3.