It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gede: Hey, can I get in on that offer, too? :-)
Kalanyr: Sure any dev that needs to prepare for the change can send me a friend request and let me know what they need it for and I'll add you to the share list.
OK, I've added the friend request.
I wanted to keep track of its progress and see if adding the features I'm interested about would be easier to add here than on the current version available.
Is there a way to collaborate? As in a repository?
@Kalanyr - Hi, I am a bit confused about versions.

I have gone to both the following, and Eddie's version, which I have been using, seems the most recent going by date.

https://github.com/eddie3/gogrepo

https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc

But I have been assured that your version has more features and commands, though both README.md files are listed as 5 years old, and appear to list identical commands.

I am using Eddie's version with Python 3.4, so clearly it supports version 3 of Python.

Is there a definitive full list of commands somewhere? And what should I be using?

I have read that your version supports Resume for downloading.

Thanks in advance for enlightenment. :)
Timboli: Is there a definitive full list of commands somewhere? And what should I be using?
Try calling "gogrepo.py --help" to see the full list of commands. It works on both forks.
Gede: Try calling "gogrepo.py --help" to see the full list of commands. It works on both forks.
Oops forgot I can also do that ... silly me. Will give it a whirl. Thanks! :)

EDIT
Actually I found I had already done that for Eddie's version.
Post edited July 27, 2020 by Timboli
Attempting to use --help with Kalanyr's version of gogrepo.py gives me an error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Timboli\Downloads\2020\07\gogrepo.py", line 40, in <module>
import requests
ImportError: No module named 'requests'

I presumed from that, I needed to install something called 'requests', which I used 'pip.exe' to do.

Then I got a similar error message for 'OpenSSL' on line 42, but 'pip.exe' couldn't help with that, so now I am stuck.

You can probably tell at this point, that I know and use Python very little.

Is this an OS issue maybe?
Timboli: Attempting to use --help with Kalanyr's version of gogrepo.py gives me an error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Timboli\Downloads\2020\07\gogrepo.py", line 40, in <module>
import requests
ImportError: No module named 'requests'

I presumed from that, I needed to install something called 'requests', which I used 'pip.exe' to do.

Then I got a similar error message for 'OpenSSL' on line 42, but 'pip.exe' couldn't help with that, so now I am stuck.

You can probably tell at this point, that I know and use Python very little.

Is this an OS issue maybe?
i think the openssl python requiremnt that you are after is pyopenssl and not openssl. Gogrepo also has a few other requirements that you may need. The ones i always use are html2text, html5lib, requests and pyopenssl.
Pitney_b: i think the openssl python requiremnt that you are after is pyopenssl and not openssl. Gogrepo also has a few other requirements that you may need. The ones i always use are html2text, html5lib, requests and pyopenssl.
Ok thanks.

Did that, then got an error regarding setuptools version, so eventually worked out how to upgrade that, then got some error message about something installed in wrong order, and it also seems I need to upgrade to Python 3.5 ... I'm using 3.4.1.
OK, all sorted ... what a convoluted web we weave.

For the record, I did the following.

1. Downloaded Python 3.7.0 (executable installer version for Windows).
2. Uninstalled my existing version of Python (v3.4.1), which was at - C:\Python34
3. Installed Python 3.7.0, selecting the PATH option, de-selecting All Users, and going with the default install location.
4. Needed to close and restart Explorer.exe using the Task Manager, for the PATH to be recognized without a Reboot.
5. Installed html5lib, html2text, requests and pyopenssl using pip.exe .... and in that order.
i.e. In the command prompt window
pip.exe install html5lib
pip.exe install html2text
pip.exe install requests
pip.exe install pyopenssl

That did the trick, and I was then able to get all the commands for Kalanyr's version of gogrepo.py
i.e. In the command prompt window
gogrepo.py --help
gogrepo.py download --help
gogrepo.py update --help
gogrepo.py verify --help
etc

Copied them all to a text file for easy use.
I note in passing that there is no 'resume' listed for downloading in gogrepo.py (version k0.3a).
Timboli: I note in passing that there is no 'resume' listed for downloading in gogrepo.py (version k0.3a).
As far as I can tell, Kalanyr's "resume" feature is hardcoded into his gogorepo.py script and is not controllable via a command line switch.
As such, there is no command line --help description for it.
Post edited July 28, 2020 by ikrananka
Does anyone else get frequent and consistent crashes when verifying? It's always zip files and it's always specific zip files. It makes me think that maybe there's a bug in the zip library or that GOG's zip files don't conform to the standard for some reason. They seem to extract ok, and genuinely corrupted zip files don't tend to extract.
ikrananka: As far as I can tell, Kalanyr's "resume" feature is hardcoded into his gogorepo.py script and is not controllable via a command line switch.
As such, there is no command line --help description for it.
Going by what i read at GitHub, I did wonder if that was probably the case ... so an automatic resume unless the entry etc has changed.

Thanks
my name is catte: Does anyone else get frequent and consistent crashes when verifying? It's always zip files and it's always specific zip files. It makes me think that maybe there's a bug in the zip library or that GOG's zip files don't conform to the standard for some reason. They seem to extract ok, and genuinely corrupted zip files don't tend to extract.
I've not used Kalanyr's version to verify any downloads yet, just the original Eddie version, and never had any crashes with that.

But, maybe if you are on Windows or have easy access to it, you could try using my GOGPlus Download Checker program, to test those zip files ... it uses 7-Zip ... or just use 7-Zip directly with its Test option.

P.S. If you are not using Eddie's version of 'gogrepo.py', then maybe see if you get crashes with that during verify.
Post edited July 29, 2020 by Timboli
my name is catte: Does anyone else get frequent and consistent crashes when verifying? It's always zip files and it's always specific zip files. It makes me think that maybe there's a bug in the zip library or that GOG's zip files don't conform to the standard for some reason. They seem to extract ok, and genuinely corrupted zip files don't tend to extract.
I'm using Kalanyr's last stable release and have never experienced that issue. I'm due to do another monthly update so I'll see how that goes and will report back.
ikrananka: I'm using Kalanyr's last stable release and have never experienced that issue. I'm due to do another monthly update so I'll see how that goes and will report back.
This might be my fault for using the dev branch. ;)
Timboli: I've not used Kalanyr's version to verify any downloads yet, just the original Eddie version, and never had any crashes with that.

But, maybe if you are on Windows or have easy access to it, you could try using my GOGPlus Download Checker program, to test those zip files ... it uses 7-Zip ... or just use 7-Zip directly with its Test option.

P.S. If you are not using Eddie's version of 'gogrepo.py', then maybe see if you get crashes with that during verify.
Good points, thanks I'll try a few different versions.