It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ikrananka: Good grief, I have no idea where I got Norsken from ??? I'll change it to Norwegian to match the English of the others.

Yes, my script is just icing on the cake as I like to think of it. It just adds the convenience of packaging and automating commonly used batches of gogorep commands. Also adds options for bandwidth throttling and for shutting down the computer when finished.

timppu: 4. Go to the Windows Command Prompt (click on the Windows Start Menu icon, type cmd and press enter), and write these commands:
pip install html5lib
pip install html2text
pip install six
pip install requests
pip install pyopenssl
ikrananka: Is it still necessary to install requests[security] without which I believe there were issues with openssl?
I'm not sure, that's a Linux issue and installing requests should automatically install requests[security] as a dependency if it's necessary for your system / python version (of course as we all know should =/= does).
timppu: Yeah the master (Kalanyr) version doesn't seem to have been updated for like two years, so I guess the dev version is preferred.
ikrananka: I've been using the master version to date and have not seen any issues. Would be good if Kalanyr could indicate if the master or dev is recommended.
As of right now:

Master is the official recommendation for new users.

If you're comfortable being beta testers feel free to use Dev, my rule of thumb for dev releases is "won't munge your manifest" but lacks wide testing or sometimes anything but the barest testing. Devs in a kind of unique position at the moment in that it's actually a stable minor update from before I decided to move to token authentication and a richer manifest and do the next release as a major thing, and has some power management fixes for the Mac backported from some troubleshooting a Mac user helped me with, so it's a better master at the moment, but that's not a state you should rely on.

Unstable is guaranteed to sometimes be in a state that will munge your manifest and sometimes forcefully change your folder structure and orphan / delete half your collection depending on your parameters. It's basically just a personal merge control for me.
Thanks Kalanyr for the replies - very much appreciate the clarifications.

Master is working fine for me so I'll stick with that until you're ready to update it.
Just to be sure how it goes.

For, for instance, a Wartile update (1.1.8.5 to 1.1.9.4), and a setup_wartile_1.1.8.5_(31086) in the folder and a 1.1.9.4 on the download page :

A command such as "gogrepo.py update -os windows -lang en -updateonly" should give a result different from "no new game updates found" ?
Post edited April 12, 2020 by Telika
Telika: Just to be sure how it goes.

For, for instance, a Wartile update (1.1.8.5 to 1.1.9.4), and a setup_wartile_1.1.8.5_(31086) in the folder and a 1.1.9.4 on the download page :

A command such as "gogrepo.py update -os windows -lang en -updateonly" should give a result different from "no new game updates found" ?
Only if GOG has marked the game as updated, which they don't always do. You can use the -ids parameter on update and use either the numeric game id or the games folder name to force an update in those cases.
Telika: Just to be sure how it goes.

Kalanyr: Only if GOG has marked the game as updated, which they don't always do. You can use the -ids parameter on update and use either the numeric game id or the games folder name to force an update in those cases.
And does their Galaxy work the same way, requiring this marking for a game to be updated, or is that a possibility for GOG to switch off the update feature of gogrepo ?
timppu: 1. Go to https://www.python.org/ and download the Python 3.x.x installer for Windows. Currently the very latest python is 3.8.2, the latest stable version is 3.7.7. I guess either will do fine.

2. Install it on your PC. Tick the box that says "Add Python 3.x to PATH". This makes sure you can use python from any directory in Windows, without having to specify each time the full path to python.
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but here's a portable alternative for Windows::
https://winpython.github.io/
timppu: 1. Go to https://www.python.org/ and download the Python 3.x.x installer for Windows. Currently the very latest python is 3.8.2, the latest stable version is 3.7.7. I guess either will do fine.

2. Install it on your PC. Tick the box that says "Add Python 3.x to PATH". This makes sure you can use python from any directory in Windows, without having to specify each time the full path to python.
teceem: I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but here's a portable alternative for Windows::
https://winpython.github.io/
Wasn't aware of that. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.
TerriblePurpose: Is there a tutorial for dummies to get this set up and running on Windows 10? And by 'dummies' I mean someone like me that knows nothing about Python.
timppu: I'll try (this goes from memory so hopefully I don't make mistakes):

1. Go to https://www.python.org/ and download the Python 3.x.x installer for Windows. Currently the very latest python is 3.8.2, the latest stable version is 3.7.7. I guess either will do fine.

3. Go to https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc
- In the "Branch" box, select "dev" (by default it is "master").
- Click on "Clone or download" and "Download ZIP".
- Uncompress the gogrepoc-dev.zip file to any folder you want.

4. Go to the Windows Command Prompt (click on the Windows Start Menu icon, type cmd and press enter), and write these commands:
pip install html5lib
pip install html2text
pip install six
pip install requests
pip install pyopenssl

5. In the Command Prompt, go to the directory where you uncompressed gogrepoc and where gogrepoc.py is, e.g.:
cd \users\yourname\downloads\gogrepoc-dev\

6. Login (create a login cookie for gogrepoc)
python gogrepoc.py login
Username: (give your GOG email address, e.g. myname@gmail.com)
Password: (your GOG password)
At this point it may ask for two-factor authentication code from your email, but if you have logged into gog.com before from your web browser on the same PC (from the same IP address), I think it doesn't require this.
If it says "login successful", you are fine.

7. Above was the installation/setup part. You don't need to use that "login" command anymore when using gogrepo, as long as you have that valid login cookie (gog-cookies.dat) in the gogrepoc directory. I guess the cookie will become old and invalid at some point, at which point just run that login command again.

8. Below is the normal usage of gogrepo. In these examples your GOG game installers (English Windows versions only) will be downloaded into the e.g. D:\GOG_installers\ subdirectory which you have created beforehand, change the path if needed. Read the README.md file in Notepad to learn more about different gogrepo commands.

python gogrepoc.py update -lang en -os windows
python gogrepoc.py download D:\GOG_installers\
python gogrepoc.py clean D:\GOG_installers\
python gogrepoc.py verify D:\GOG_installers\

Just repeat those four commands whenever you want to update your local GOG installer collection up to date. The clean command will move any old and obsolete files into a special !orphaned directory, e.g. D:\GOG_installers\!orphaned\. You might want to check that directory once in a while to remove any old GOG installer files you don't want to keep anymore. In theory you can always just delete the folders and files within that directory, but just in case you want to keep something that GOG has removed from its servers...
Thank you very much for this guide. It's the first time, that gogrepo works for me.
Kalanyr: Only if GOG has marked the game as updated, which they don't always do. You can use the -ids parameter on update and use either the numeric game id or the games folder name to force an update in those cases.
Telika: And does their Galaxy work the same way, requiring this marking for a game to be updated, or is that a possibility for GOG to switch off the update feature of gogrepo ?
It's the same notice they use to pop up the little updated marker on the games list on the website, so they could theoretically turn it off, but it seems unlikely unless they completely discontinue web downloads.
Btw, maybe it would be nice if gogrepo could be given a range of names, ie: [a-n] etc. for which to search/update etc.
And also it would be useful to have an option to omit patches, ie: --nopatch would omit all files that start with "patch_"
Nvm, i see there is a -skipfiles
Post edited May 06, 2020 by blotunga
Hi there,

While I already asked in your tracker (https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/issues/30) Will this let me pause and resune downloads?

Cheers
Telika: And does their Galaxy work the same way, requiring this marking for a game to be updated, or is that a possibility for GOG to switch off the update feature of gogrepo ?
Kalanyr: It's the same notice they use to pop up the little updated marker on the games list on the website, so they could theoretically turn it off, but it seems unlikely unless they completely discontinue web downloads.
Be aware that gog has stopped flagging updates on the account/games page and stopped sometime around April 1, 2020. I created a support ticket, "Request #616533" which has not received an answer in several weeks. I have decided to boycott gog until this is fixed. I invite others to join me in no longer buying through gog.
drrhodes: Be aware that gog has stopped flagging updates on the account/games page and stopped sometime around April 1, 2020. I created a support ticket, "Request #616533" which has not received an answer in several weeks. I have decided to boycott gog until this is fixed. I invite others to join me in no longer buying through gog.
I'm not joining anyone. People should make individual decisions and not join lynch mobs.