It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just as a headsup there is a slight issue with Monsterboy Cursed Kingdom at the moment. The 64 bit and 32 bit bin-1 files for Windows are identical, which causes a rename clash, as GOG doesn't identify 32-but/64-bit in a machine friendly way I'm not sure how to handle this generically (I can obviously patch this specific instance using the file name format but it probably won't match future instances), I'll give it some though but be aware of the issue for now.

The files *are* identical at the moment though, so if you're missing one or the other just rename it appropriately and it will work.
Maybe you should add an option to pick win64 as default or win32 if someone chooses.
blotunga: Maybe you should add an option to pick win64 as default or win32 if someone chooses.
If there was a programmatic way to determine it I would but GOG doesn't have a machine readable indicator for that. It is indicated in the file names usually but I don't think it's 100% consistent.

I'll have a poke through my manifest and see if there's anything I can come up with that IDs everything correctly.
So I have both Witcher 3s hidden in my shelf and gogrepo is still getting them and downloading them. Since they're a mess of tens of gigabytes of unlabeled various language packs, I don't have room for that.

I could swear previously that HIDING a game from library made gogrepo not get it, but it is. (I cleared manifest entirely and did a fresh update and I have both witcher3s there.)

Suggestions? I really like to run a script to UPDATE EVERYTHING AT ONCE, but The Witcher 3 keeps killing things because it's a mess.

NEVERMIND, -skiphidden. I always forget that the .md file in the repo is years out of date and never updated with help like the actual program is.
Post edited August 23, 2019 by mqstout
Short summary of my situation: I broke the manifest file by trying to manually edit it, and have to make a new one.
(and of course didn't think to make a copy first, yay me :P )

How do I make the script only download what I don't already have, or compare the manifest to (with?) my downloaded files, so that it's updated to reflect what I already have?

I checked with the readme, of course, but couldn't find the solution in there.

Edit: Never mind, seems the script skips already downloaded stuff on its own. :)
Post edited September 08, 2019 by piranha1
The cookies seem to have changed, so you can't log in to download things. I'll get a patch fix build out in the next couple of days. Need to see if I can do a quick fix on the cookies or if I need to move the token method back into the current stable build.
I'm pleased to report this can be fixed merely by logging in again. The website rejects the gogrepo cookies in a way that's clear to a human but less so to a machine but logging in again correctly detects and stores the fixed cookies.
Post edited September 17, 2019 by Kalanyr
It'd be nice to get a -skippatches parameter on download. Maybe sometime I'll get free time to put my previous update into your latest base and add that too.
Post edited September 18, 2019 by mqstout
mqstout: It'd be nice to get a -skippatches parameter on download. Maybe sometime I'll get free time to put my previous update into your latest base and add that too.
Patches aren't consistently named or delineated unfortunately. I'm always a bit paranoid about doing best effort filtering on that kind of thing in case it accidentally murders something important. Especially since GOG used to sometimes role out patches before updating the installer, though that seems a looooot rarer these day (and I have mixed feelings about that , it wastes a lot of bandwidth repacking 4+GB of installer for a 200 MB patch).

I'm not unwilling to take such a pull request though, would just have to document it with the appropriate caveats.
Post edited September 18, 2019 by Kalanyr
mqstout: It'd be nice to get a -skippatches parameter on download. Maybe sometime I'll get free time to put my previous update into your latest base and add that too.
Kalanyr: ...

I'm not unwilling to take such a pull request though, would just have to document it with the appropriate caveats.
I just bring it up because my HDDs are full. And a huge chunk of it is redundant patches (even after I -skiphidden after hiding both Witcher 3s that don't properly have language tags on all its extras). I run gogrepo for archives, rather than live-installs (I also run Galaxy), so I'm content with patches not being there.
mqstout: It'd be nice to get a -skippatches parameter on download.
A guy added a configurable -skipfiles some time ago, but I think Kalanyr added it only to the dev version.
Sadly his stable and beta versions haven't been updated since one entire year :(
Kalanyr: ...

mqstout: I just bring it up because my HDDs are full. And a huge chunk of it is redundant patches (even after I -skiphidden after hiding both Witcher 3s that don't properly have language tags on all its extras). I run gogrepo for archives, rather than live-installs (I also run Galaxy), so I'm content with patches not being there.
There are several games that don't have the main installer up to date. The two I have like that are Witcher 3 GOTY installers are 1.31 (A) and patch is 1.32 and the other is Dragon Age Origins which has 2.1.0.4 for installers and a patch to 2.1.1.5. The witcher 3 patch is apparently for Simplified Chinese language support. The DAO one is for some DLC and a hotfix that I'm assuming is the one for preventing Origin from detecting the game and trying to update it.

Just in case that is of interest.
mqstout: I just bring it up because my HDDs are full. And a huge chunk of it is redundant patches (even after I -skiphidden after hiding both Witcher 3s that don't properly have language tags on all its extras). I run gogrepo for archives, rather than live-installs (I also run Galaxy), so I'm content with patches not being there.
How can the script recognize patches (from other installer files)? If it is by the filename containing something like "patch_", then I'd prefer such feature was made more generic, ie. skipping files which include some string(s) in the filename, because there may be other files too you want to avoid to save space (like the fan-made language translations or extra Linux/Mac ports in many games' extras section).

Then you could use that feature to skip patches. Maybe that skipfiles feature is already there like phaolo said. Hopefully it clearly lists which files it excludes so one can check afterwards that it didn't skip some files you'd want anyway.

A blacklist file would be nice so that even pinpoint to certain files to skip, without having to enter them one by one to the command itself.
Post edited September 18, 2019 by timppu
did anybody else lose access to bunch of games recently?

I've had perfectly working list of ids to autodownload. But recently, after doing 'gogrepo.py update', I've got some messages about removal with numbers after them (didnt save the log, sadly). And now for the many of list's entries, I get 'no game with id was found'. Some of goners are all 'heroes_of_might_and_magic*' and 'ghost_1_0'.

Any ideas? I mean - gogdb didnt update for a while, so I cant verify if some ids on gog's side has changed, or its gogrepo's glitch
Gekko_Dekko: did anybody else lose access to bunch of games recently?

I've had perfectly working list of ids to autodownload. But recently, after doing 'gogrepo.py update', I've got some messages about removal with numbers after them (didnt save the log, sadly). And now for the many of list's entries, I get 'no game with id was found'. Some of goners are all 'heroes_of_might_and_magic*' and 'ghost_1_0'.

Any ideas? I mean - gogdb didnt update for a while, so I cant verify if some ids on gog's side has changed, or its gogrepo's glitch
Been a while since I used gogrepo but assuming the manifest is still a text file you can open it search for the title and see what it has as the id.

Don't know what you mean about gogdb not updating it has updates from today but I did a quick check and I noticed that the titles you mention all seem to be ones that have their access as unlisted not sure if its relevant. They were set as unlisted some time ago, ghost 1.0 in may and funnily enough the heroes games this time last year.
Post edited October 01, 2019 by Cusith