It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

phaolo: Gamma? Gogrepo dev hasn't been updated since about 1 year too.
Kalanyr said he was going to return, but it seems he has been too busy.
The script luckly still works, but the stable version misses some useful parameters like -skipfiles.
I'm not sure if the original even has all the improvements Kalanyr added and maybe the new changes are just minor bugfixes.
Kalanyr: I'm looking to rename the fork to go with the new thread. Anyone have any name suggestions ? I want something simple and that acknowledges wooly's gogrepo as it's origin. I'm thinking of gogrepo gamma (for community) but if someone has a better suggestion I'm listening.
Basically the dev fork/upcoming rewrite, as a way to distinguish it from the original gogrepo (hence why the dev branch has gogrepoc instead of gogrepo).

Not sure on the latter as I never used the main branch of Kalanyr's fork.
Welp I was hoping to download all my GOG games tonight but turns out the spare slot in my computer is for an SSD not a normal HDD.

So now I'm freeing up space on other HDDs to shuffle stuff around & download as much as I can...

Is there a way to get the script to download X # of items as long as total amount downloaded does not exceed Y GB?
And to resume the list at a point when I can free more space?

I could really use something like that soon as I'm being switched to dial-up for about a year in 3 or 4 days... was expecting to be able to do all my downloading tonight. :-/
JunglePredator: Is there a way to get the script to download X # of items as long as total amount downloaded does not exceed Y GB?

I could really use something like that soon as I'm being switched to dial-up for about a year in 3 or 4 days... was expecting to be able to do all my downloading tonight. :-/
Using Kalanyr's dev branch, there is:

-downloadlimit SIZE_IN_MB
JunglePredator: Is there a way to get the script to download X # of items as long as total amount downloaded does not exceed Y GB?

erephine: Using Kalanyr's dev branch, there is:

Do you have a link? There's no branches on Github
erephine: Using Kalanyr's dev branch, there is:

JunglePredator: Do you have a link? There's no branches on Github
https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/tree/dev
JunglePredator: Do you have a link? There's no branches on Github
erephine: https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/tree/dev
Thanks.
I am still watching for any critical bugs, just have some non-coding stuff occupying me at the moment.
Things were working find, but now all of a sudden I'm getting this error. I think an update may have broken something, but I have no idea what.
I'm not familiar enough with python (or coding in general to sure what this error is trying to tell me

$ python3 gogrepoc.py update -os windows linux -updateonly
16:43:39 | loading local manifest...
16:43:40 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gogrepoc.py", line 2773, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "gogrepoc.py", line 2515, in main
cmd_update(args.os, args.lang, args.skipknown, args.updateonly, not args.full, args.ids, args.skipids,args.skiphidden,args.installers,args.resumemode,args.strictverify)
File "gogrepoc.py", line 1137, in cmd_update
gamesdb = load_manifest()
File "gogrepoc.py", line 357, in load_manifest
return eval(ad)
File "<string>", line 75550

^
SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
Logwad: Things were working find, but now all of a sudden I'm getting this error. I think an update may have broken something, but I have no idea what.
I'm not familiar enough with python (or coding in general to sure what this error is trying to tell me
I'd recommend deleting and rebuilding your gog manifest file
Logwad: Things were working find, but now all of a sudden I'm getting this error. I think an update may have broken something, but I have no idea what.
erephine: I'd recommend deleting and rebuilding your gog manifest file
Thanks for the tip! It's now rebuilding.
Now that you brought that up, the error message make more sense. It was parsing the manifest file and had trouble at line 75550. And sure enough, in the manifest it line 75550 is blank. For whatever reason it had stopped writing during the "changelog" portion of a game.

Hopefully it's just one off fluke.
What's the best way to get this NOT to download all the various language "bonus" goodies from The Witcher 3? I have specific file names. I tried touching the files and +iing them (after deleting), but now we just crash since file IO exceptions aren't handled (and I sure don't have time to write that).

Someone gave me the great tip to hide one of my two "the witcher 3" from the library so THAT'S not duplicated. Unfortunately the bonus goodies of the various languages aren't flagged for language, so "-lang en" doesn't seem to be doing it.
mqstout: What's the best way to get this NOT to download all the various language "bonus" goodies from The Witcher 3? I have specific file names. I tried touching the files and +iing them (after deleting), but now we just crash since file IO exceptions aren't handled (and I sure don't have time to write that).

Someone gave me the great tip to hide one of my two "the witcher 3" from the library so THAT'S not duplicated. Unfortunately the bonus goodies of the various languages aren't flagged for language, so "-lang en" doesn't seem to be doing it.
I think nowadays gogrepo (kalanyr dev version?) should have some kind of blacklist option, so you could tell gogrepo not to download files with certain filenames? I haven't used it so I am not quite sure how it works.

There was also some older tip, a workaround, where you'd replace the unwanted files with empty files with the same filenames, and disable the file size check in the gogrepo script (the part where it quickly goes through the filenames and sizes just before it starts downloading stuff, I think). Then gogrepo would not try to redownload those files because it thinks they exist already (and it doesn't care that they are of wrong size, 0 bytes).

The downside of that workaround obviously is that then gogrepo wouldn't catch other files which have a wrong filesize, and also those said empty files would fail the integrity check if you run gogrepo verify (you'd just have to remember that it is ok that they fail the integrity verification, and not use the delete option with verify so that it doesn't delete your empty files).
Post edited July 05, 2019 by timppu
timppu: I think nowadays gogrepo (kalanyr dev version?) should have some kind of blacklist option, so you could tell gogrepo not to download files with certain filenames
interested to hear about this too (maybe from author himself?) - some of my games has recently split 32 and 64 bit installations, so now I need to download about 30Gb after each update, instead of previous ~12~16.

Btw, feature request (in case its not there yet) - it would be nice to make gogrepo work in a more "native" way. E.g have config files inside $HOME/.config/gogrepo (or something), that will determine library location, download rules (maybe via groups? E.g - one file contain list of files to download and groups, they belong to, while other determine per-group rules (flags and such. Say, one group downloads only english windows installers, while other - french linux without extras)) and such - and make it use these by default, instead of current directory (so you will be able to install gogrepo.py via package manager, if you wish). I thought about patching it for similar behavior, but there is no way Im gonna read over 3k lines of ctypes-flavored code without much comments - Im not that experienced yet :/
timppu: I think nowadays gogrepo (kalanyr dev version?) should have some kind of blacklist option, so you could tell gogrepo not to download files with certain filenames
Gekko_Dekko: interested to hear about this too (maybe from author himself?) - some of my games has recently split 32 and 64 bit installations, so now I need to download about 30Gb after each update, instead of previous ~12~16.

Btw, feature request (in case its not there yet) - it would be nice to make gogrepo work in a more "native" way. E.g have config files inside $HOME/.config/gogrepo (or something), that will determine library location, download rules (maybe via groups? E.g - one file contain list of files to download and groups, they belong to, while other determine per-group rules (flags and such. Say, one group downloads only english windows installers, while other - french linux without extras)) and such - and make it use these by default, instead of current directory (so you will be able to install gogrepo.py via package manager, if you wish). I thought about patching it for similar behavior, but there is no way Im gonna read over 3k lines of ctypes-flavored code without much comments - Im not that experienced yet :/
I have plans for a config file but it's likely to be local (because a) one of the most useful archival uses is on an external drive and b) the script is cross platform and making something appear native on Linux/Windows/Mac is actually a lot of work under the hood).
Kalanyr: the script is cross platform and making something appear native on Linux/Windows/Mac is actually a lot of work under the hood
why so? You can just check for os and use different values for the default config's location, depending on output of 'platform':
https://pastebin.com/Yjj1KSU4