It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm afraid I have bad news here.

I just tried Firefox Quantum 60.0.1 (64-bit) (on OpenSuse Tumbleweed) using this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookies-txt/?src=search cookie exporter using Python 2 & Python 3 and it logged me in properly

Just to go over my steps

1) Use Firefox to Log into GOG.com
2) Install the Cookie Exporter
3) Export cookies.txt to the folder with gogrepoc.py in it
4) Run gogrepoc update from terminal in that folder.

So any more details you could provide would be great, since it unfortunately doesn't seem to be a simple Linux encoding issue as I was kind of hoping.
Some questions.

'Does this script always use https?' and 'Can you pause downloads to continue later'?
Also - most likely asked before, but 'does it verify if game was updated?'. And, if yes - 'will new copy be downloaded separately or instead of existed? (e.g will already downloaded files be removed or nope)'.

And yeah, almost forgot - does it work for account, protected with email codes?
Post edited June 10, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
Gekko_Dekko: Some questions.

'Does this script always use https?' and 'Can you pause downloads to continue later'?
Also - most likely asked before, but 'does it verify if game was updated?'. And, if yes - 'will new copy be downloaded separately or instead of existed? (e.g will already downloaded files be removed or nope)'.

The way it works, you run an update, then run the download. If a file is detected as updated during the update process, it is downloaded. If that file changes again between updating and downloading, then you'll get an error in the log. So download right after you run the update commands. I do a full library update twice a month. Every week I do a "check for new/check for updated" run and download.

On your first login, you'll have to use the code. Just make sure you have valid cookie to bypass these checks.

As to your other questions, I defer to Kalanyr as they are questions I can't answer directly.
Post edited June 10, 2018 by paladin181
Gekko_Dekko: Some questions.

Assuming you're using my fork:

It uses https as much as downloading from GOG in the web browser does (which I think is everything, I'd have to check a gog-manifest to make sure that the download URLs GOG gives are HTTPS and don't have it handy right now). (AFAIK this is true for the original version too, I haven't changed anything in this respect).

You can generally interrupt the script (using standard break commands for your OS) and resume it later, you might sometimes have to redownload a small amount of data (files are downloaded in chunks and a partial download will be resumed from the last valid chunk). Obviously if you use a forceful kill method while it's writing to the manifest files, bad things will happen, so don't do that (the program will ignore polite kill requests while it's in the middle of such) but writing to the manifest files is kept to a minimum. .
Shorter Answer; Yes, you can stop the script and resume from very close to where you left off.

The normal behavior is to download everything, with options to take GOG's word on what's New / Updated , GOG has historically been pretty bad about how accurate it's word is on that, but they are getting better. The dev branch (which will be become the main branch when I'm happy with it) has different behavior: it downloads only what GOG says is new/updated with an option to download everything (introduced to be kinder to the servers). I recommend only doing a full update once a month or so (and do an update of a specific game before you install it to make sure it's up to date).

The default behavior if a no longer used file exists is to "orphan" it (ie move it to a separate subfolder , where you can decide what to do with it later). If you're wondering why it's because GOG has in the past deleted certain extras without immediate replacements or accidentally uploaded corrupt files (they generally fix this pretty quickly but it's not a surprise you want if you're without internet access when you find it).

Yes, it supports the email login codes , though things can go wrong if the Recaptcha is triggered, in which case you need to export cookies.txt from a browser and use that instead.
Post edited June 10, 2018 by Kalanyr
Good news! I found the problem by using a new clean profile in Firefox. (Which I'm somewhat embarassed I didn't think to do earlier.)

Apparently, I had Firefox configured to "Accept Cookies and site data from websites" but only to "Keep until I close Firefox." Merely changing it to "Keep until they expire" immediately corrected the issue. Now my exported cookies.txt file works like it is expected to!

I'm not a browser/web dev person, but my working theory is that with my old setting, any cookies from gog.com were "one time use". Thus, when I exported them and tried to use them in gogrepo, GOG's website refused to accept cookies that it knew were already used and thus "expired".

Sorry, Kalanyr, if I wasted your time on a wild goose chase.
JethCalark: Good news! I found the problem by using a new clean profile in Firefox. (Which I'm somewhat embarassed I didn't think to do earlier.)

Apparently, I had Firefox configured to "Accept Cookies and site data from websites" but only to "Keep until I close Firefox." Merely changing it to "Keep until they expire" immediately corrected the issue. Now my exported cookies.txt file works like it is expected to!

I'm not a browser/web dev person, but my working theory is that with my old setting, any cookies from gog.com were "one time use". Thus, when I exported them and tried to use them in gogrepo, GOG's website refused to accept cookies that it knew were already used and thus "expired".

Sorry, Kalanyr, if I wasted your time on a wild goose chase.
No worries, glad you solved the issue. It's good for me to keep making sure the script works on other OS's.
okie, thanks guys.

Another question - can you setup download options per game, or just globally? For example - I need one game to be in 2 languages, but not others. Or download one game for different OS.
Gekko_Dekko: okie, thanks guys.

Another question - can you setup download options per game, or just globally? For example - I need one game to be in 2 languages, but not others. Or download one game for different OS.
Yes. You can do a global update for English and Linux , then an update by using -ids for specific games after using different settings. Then download.
Just as a headsup , GOGs flagging of Games as updated is awful the last couple of weeks (almost nothing has been marked updated even things promoted as updated on the Front Page) , but also be careful of doing Full updates as they've repackaged a huge amount of stuff (ie only changes to installers internal structures) recently too. So you're probably stuck between missing some real updates / getting inundated with many GBs of useless crud.

I don't have a good solution here. I guess my best recommendation is to follow the normal schedule of Update/new weekly and full updates no more more than once per month and make sure you do an update by -ids before installing specific games.
Post edited June 23, 2018 by Kalanyr
Yeah I was going to ask about this as I read (and also noticed) that the GOG update notification is apparently broken or switched off at the moment, ie. the number of updated games hasn't increased for awhile.

I was just wondering if you were going to change the default setting of downloading only those games which have either the update or new flag, but I guess it doesn't affect me as I tend to delete the old manifest file always when I run gogrepo.py update. I do that like once a month or two, usually just after I've bought a bunch of new games.

I'm running the full update right now, let's see how much has changed since the last time which was over two weeks ago (now I do the update more often than usually as I just bought a bunch of new games from GOG). I recall sometime in the past having to download a couple hundred gigabytes of changed (and new) installers. Oh well, fortunately my internets is not capped...

Nowadays there tends to be so many changed installers that I don't check the "orphaned" files anymore. I run clean right after update, just delete everything blindly in the !orphaned folder, and then download all new and changed files. Too many files to check manually....
Post edited June 23, 2018 by timppu
If you grab from the /dev branch there's a trash option with an -installersonly flag that just kills orphaned exe / bin / sh / dmg files allowing you to quickly check for PDF/Zips/etc that may not have been replaced.
Post edited June 23, 2018 by Kalanyr
Well, at least during the last two weeks there haven't been much of (silent) updates to my collection (1497 games). For me the only orphaned files on this gogrepo run were:

- Mafia 3 manual
- RealMyst executable
- Pool of Radiance executable

Maybe the people responsible for "internal installer changes" are currently on their summer vacations, hence not much of changes... :) Then again I do have almost 100 GB to download, new game files. Yay! Understandable as I recently bought e.g. The Dying Light and XCOM which alone already take the most of that extra space, I guess... Oh well, I let it download over the night.
Post edited June 24, 2018 by timppu
Update flags seem to be working again, at least I got four new update flags yesterday or today (on the website).
Post edited June 26, 2018 by timppu
I have 81 update flags now and I did a full update last week because I'm going away for a month. Lol. I wonder how much of this is ghost updates I already downloaded
Oops, yeah, 64 updates for me too just recently (like within a day). I wonder what those are about, have they really modified that many installers?

Someone mentioned in the "what is updated"-thread that GOG has recently sent update flags for games which were updated a long time ago, like delayed update flags. Oh well, I guess I will know the truth if I rerun a full gogrepo update...