It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kalanyr: .
You want to make a new thread with new information so people looking at the thread from page 1 aren't seeing wooly's outdated build?
I mean you can (and should, IMO) totally credit him, but you have transformed the project.
Post edited February 07, 2018 by paladin181
Kalanyr: .
paladin181: You want to make a new thread with new information so people looking at the thread from page 1 aren't seeing wooly's outdated build?
I mean you can (and should, IMO) totally credit him, but you have transformed the project.
Yeah, I'll think about it and probably do so. I think the Pros are outweighing the cons now
solar_dome: Try this command: pip install requests
Revan67: That did it, also had to install pyOpenSSL, might need to add those to the instructions now :D

Edit: Still getting the log errors but like i said earlier thats just an annoyance

IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
Logged from file gogrepo.py, line 1831
13:31:33 | 74.80GB remaining
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 885, in emit
self.flush()
File "C:\Python27\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 845, in flush
self.stream.flush()
Logged from file gogrepo.py, line 1833
13:31:34 | 1776.0MB 1.1MB/s 1x soma/setup_soma_1.500_ru_language_hotfix_(16881)-2.bin
self.flush()
self.stream.flush()
Logged from file gogrepo.py, line 1831
13:31:34 | 74.80GB remaining
self.flush()
self.stream.flush()
Logged from file gogrepo.py, line 1833
What OS and version of Python 2.7 are you using ? If possible could you try Python 3 and let me know if that error occurs with it.
Kalanyr: What OS and version of Python 2.7 are you using ? If possible could you try Python 3 and let me know if that error occurs with it.
Windows 10, Python version 2.7.14. Will try upgrading to 3

Edit: Running 3.6.4 now, everything seems fine now. Thanks!
Post edited February 07, 2018 by Revan67
Kalanyr: What OS and version of Python 2.7 are you using ? If possible could you try Python 3 and let me know if that error occurs with it.
Revan67: Windows 10, Python version 2.7.14. Will try upgrading to 3

Thanks. I'll run it in 2.7 and see if I can find the issue. The weird bit is that's a block of code I've never touched so it siddenly having issues is incredibly weird. My best guess is it's a Unicode encoding issue.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by Kalanyr

Hmmmm. I can't duplicate this on Python 2 either but I notice you have a russian version included there.

What languages / OSs did you have in the manifest (the update command at any point since the manifest file was created) and try to download (with the download command) ?

Or better yet if you have a copy of the log file could you let me know exactly which files it was trying to download in the download pass that led to those errors.

And also if there's anything unusual about the directory you're downloading into (weird symbols in the names , using a symbolic link , has a really long full path , etc).

This is interesting because one of the things it's succeeding at sometimes and failing at other times is a simple numeric calculation.

(My best blind guess is the path name + file name is breaking the file path size limit for Python 2.7, and the sizes in the running update for downloads are referenced by path )
Post edited February 09, 2018 by Kalanyr
Kalanyr:
The latest version does not download languages other than English.

gogrepo.py update -os windows -lang ru de en
gogrepo.py download

Downloads only English versions.
Post edited February 11, 2018 by IpseSan
IpseSan: The latest version does not download languages other than English.

gogrepo.py update -os windows -lang ru de en
gogrepo.py download

Downloads only English versions.
You have to specify the language and os at download.
paladin181: You have to specify the language and os at download.
Thank you. It seems that the README.md file actually contains obsolete information on the syntax of commands and you need to look at the help in the script itself.
Post edited February 11, 2018 by IpseSan
paladin181: You have to specify the language and os at download.
IpseSan: Thank you. It seems that the README.md file actually contains obsolete information on the syntax of commands and you need to look at the help in the script itself.
Yes, I've generally maintained backwards compatibility but a couple of changes aren't , the download Lang/os change required changing downloads default behaviour (I can probably change it back to default to the whole manifest but it requires active work) and the way cookies are imported, as well as the need for the requests module. I need to update the readme.
Kalanyr:
The script was almost perfect. It keeps the connection very well and no longer requires constant attention and regular restarts. But with the game Elex, he still has problems. It checks each of the three languages (ru de en) with each check, and the next time it checks it sends it to the !orphaned folder and downloads it again. Although the files are identical to the last byte.
Kalanyr:
IpseSan: The script was almost perfect. It keeps the connection very well and no longer requires constant attention and regular restarts. But with the game Elex, he still has problems. It checks each of the three languages (ru de en) with each check, and the next time it checks it sends it to the !orphaned folder and downloads it again. Although the files are identical to the last byte.
Ahh, yes, my bad, I still haven't worked out what to do when the files for different languages are byte for byte identical apart from the name. I should probably do something like have the languages in the manifest be a list and then generate hard symbolic links for the extra identical files. It's not ideal but it's the best solution I can think of.

I'll do up a quick fix sometime in the next couple of days that checks languages and doesn't collapse the manifest where the md5 is identical but the language is different. It'll inflate your download size a bit but only back to what it was before and it's much simpler than any semi-proper way of dealing with it.
Post edited February 12, 2018 by Kalanyr
Kalanyr: I'll do up a quick fix sometime in the next couple of days that checks languages and doesn't collapse the manifest where the md5 is identical but the language is different. It'll inflate your download size a bit but only back to what it was before and it's much simpler than any semi-proper way of dealing with it.
Thank you. It will be wonderful. Personally for me, the downloadability is more important than the size of the download. Now, in fact, only your version of gogrepo is working.

Kalanyr: Hmmmm. I can't duplicate this on Python 2 either but I notice you have a russian version included there.

What languages / OSs did you have in the manifest (the update command at any point since the manifest file was created) and try to download (with the download command) ?

Or better yet if you have a copy of the log file could you let me know exactly which files it was trying to download in the download pass that led to those errors.

And also if there's anything unusual about the directory you're downloading into (weird symbols in the names , using a symbolic link , has a really long full path , etc).

This is interesting because one of the things it's succeeding at sometimes and failing at other times is a simple numeric calculation.

(My best blind guess is the path name + file name is breaking the file path size limit for Python 2.7, and the sizes in the running update for downloads are referenced by path )
To your questions i am running gogrepo.py update -os linux windows -lang en. The interesting thing is it never shows up in the gogrepo log when it does the weird errors. It is a network share i am downloading to but I have done that for over a year with no issue I have it mapped to L:\gog so gogrepo has a very short path.

Also the error is back in a different form

--- Logging error ---
File "C:\Users\Revan67\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 71, in emit
if self.shouldRollover(record):
File "C:\Users\Revan67\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 188, in shouldRollover
self.stream.seek(0, 2) #due to non-posix-compliant Windows feature
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
Call stack:
File "gogrepo.py", line 2327, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "gogrepo.py", line 2260, in main
cmd_download(args.savedir, args.skipextras, args.skipids, args.dryrun, args.ids,args.os,args.lang,args.skipgalaxy,args.skipstandalone,args.skipshared)
File "gogrepo.py", line 1846, in cmd_download
progress()
File "gogrepo.py", line 1833, in progress
info('%s remaining' % gigs(left))
Arguments: ()

Last file logged before that error was setup_kyn_update_4_(17655)-1.bin

I am wondering, if there is some sort of buffer limit in python that may be being hit, it runs fine for a while but after a while i start getting the logging errors

Edit: Had another thought about the issue, I was running gogrepo from a network path (not on the local computer) trying again from my system.
Post edited February 12, 2018 by Revan67
The errors wouldn't appear in the logs because the errors you're reporting are coming from the logging commands.

Looking at that I'm wondering if your remote drive isn't formatted for in FAT/FAT32/NTFS/exFAT but in a *nux format.

There shouldn't be any buffer issues as such, I fairly regularly get total downloads of ~60 GB and download Linux files for storage which aren't capped at the 4GB that Windows installers are.