It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kalanyr: Hmmm. I just did a full manifest update / download (of missing stuff) / verify. And fortunately(?) I had 200 GB to download.
timppu: A lot of GOG installers (that I also downloaded) had a changelog saying something like:

"A maintenance update. No game files were changed.".

Yet, the installer size might be quite different from the earlier one (usually bigger) etc, so not sure what exactly was maintained in those cases. At least it was not only about changing the installer filenames (versioning) to the new format.

Oh well, what can you do...

Kalanyr: The problem with hanging due to GOG stopping sending data is fixed. The issue with threads deciding to randomly go AWOL is distinctly not (this is a problem that existed in the original build too). There's no error message of any kind , the threads just disappear and are marked as dead so the section terminates properly, it's like they try and get stuff from the work pool but it's empty even while they are in the middle of downloading (so I guess there's a fall through error path I'm missing somewhere ?). It looks like it's stopping in mid download then requesting more work then flubbing that too, since 2 or 3 AWOL threads (unsure since one thread seems to have come back right at the end by my log) have stopped 11 items downloading*.
timppu: Yeah I've noticed that too, at least lately. I normally have only two threads (esp. as I often run two gogrepo instances in separate windows (because my GOG collection is divided into two), downloading in both at the same time), and sometimes I notice that towards the end only one thread may be downloading, even though I know there are still several files to be downloaded.

Also a couple of times I've noticed that the download has been "finished" prematurely (the overall download count hasn't yet reached 0), and running download command again downloads the rest. Is this related to this same problem, e.g. that missing stuff is from the download thread(s) that got stuck earlier?
Yes, same issue, it's the stuff those missing threads have said they would download. It not being downloaded isn't necessarily a problem as maybe there were access or network errors etc, the problem is the thread dieing / stopping downloading without an error message.
Kalanyr: Yes, same issue, it's the stuff those missing threads have said they would download. It not being downloaded isn't necessarily a problem as maybe there were access or network errors etc, the problem is the thread dieing / stopping downloading without an error message.
Oh ok. At least there seems to be simple workaround then, running the download command one more time, just to check if there is still something to download. :)
Kalanyr: [..]
Uh..help?
Where can I download your version?
Do you have a README with all the commands?
Kalanyr: [..]
phaolo: Uh..help?
https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepo/

Not yet, it's on my todo but the built in help command should be okay for now.

I want to clean up the last few issues and pull in any forks I find useful before doing a new readme.
phaolo: Uh..help?
Seconded, please. I would like to try an updated / alternate version, currently using the old one.

EDIT: thanks Kalanyr!

--------------

Btw, at least using the old eddie3 version, recently the file names have been messed up, the gogrepo doesn't retrieve them properly and the result are files like this:

setup_hard_west_64_1.5_%2813043%29.exe

instead of this:

setup_hard_west_64_1.5_(13043).exe

I wonder why this started happening?

---------------
Post edited December 17, 2017 by Nix31
Kalanyr: (...)
Hey Kalanyr, I'm trying to use your gogrepo.py and currently getting the following error:

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "B:\*\gog\gogrepo.py", line 39, in <module>
import requests
ImportError: No module named requests"

I have Python 2.7. Am I supposed to reconfigure something? I just overwrote the gogrepo.py file.

EDIT: figured I was missing the Requests module, doing a pip install requests solved it.

-------------

Currently consistently having this error when attempting to download files in the manifest:

01:51:41 | 37.96GB remaining
01:51:42 | 175.0MB 0.6MB/s 1x hotline_miami_2_wrong_number_digital_comics/hlm_2_comics_linux.zip
01:51:42 | 147.4MB 0.6MB/s 1x star_vikings_demo/setup_star_vikings_demo_2.0.0.2.exe
01:51:42 | 176.8MB 0.6MB/s 1x tomb_raider_1/setup_tomb_raider_1_20171026_(15947).exe
01:51:42 | 100.3MB 0.6MB/s 1x tomb_raider_2/setup_tomb_raider_2_20171026_(15943).exe
01:51:42 | 37.96GB remaining
Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "B:\bebop\gog\gogrepo.py", line 1716, in worker
dlsz = ioloop(tid, path, response, out)
File "B:\bebop\gog\gogrepo.py", line 1545, in ioloop
responseTimer.start()
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 736, in start
_start_new_thread(self.__bootstrap, ())
error: can't start new thread

Exception in thread Thread-1:
self.run()
responseTimer.start()

Exception in thread Thread-2:
self.run()
File "B:\bebop\gog\gogrepo.py", line 1752, in worker
responseTimer.start()

01:51:43 | 174.0MB 1.1MB/s 1x hotline_miami_2_wrong_number_digital_comics/hlm_2_comics_linux.zip
01:51:43 | 146.1MB 1.3MB/s 1x star_vikings_demo/setup_star_vikings_demo_2.0.0.2.exe
01:51:43 | 176.4MB 0.8MB/s 1x tomb_raider_1/setup_tomb_raider_1_20171026_(15947).exe
01:51:43 | 99.8MB 0.9MB/s 1x tomb_raider_2/setup_tomb_raider_2_20171026_(15943).exe
01:51:43 | 37.96GB remaining
Exception in thread Thread-4:
self.run()
responseTimer.start()

01:51:44 | --
01:51:44 | total time: 0:00:23.741000
01:51:44 | exiting...

--------------

EDIT: installing the latest Python 3 seems to have fixed this.
Post edited December 17, 2017 by Nix31
I'm running Python 2.7 primarily and I'm not getting this error. Is your Python 2 install up to date ? Or have edited GOGRepo py to run substantially more than 4 threads ? There's no reason that Timer threads should be failing to spawn, and it shouldn't be accumulating threads, the only way out without the responseTimer in a thread being cancelled is an exception and that should hang the thread.

If anyone else with Python 2.7 is getting that problem let me know.
Ok. Weirdness inbound. Using Kalanyr's 12/7 build, which worked at one time...
I started getting this error when running an update.

14:03:54 | loading local manifest...
14:03:54 | loading local resume manifest...
14:03:54 | fetching game product data (page 1)...
14:03:56 | failed to load product data (are you still logged in?)
So I punch in

E:\Python36\python.exe G:\Files\GOGRepo\gogrepo.py login MyEmail MyPassword
14:03:43 | attempting to login as MyEmail
14:03:48 | login successful
14:03:48 | exiting...
As you can see I logged in before I ran the update, but it fails every time now due to not being logged in.

EDIT: Renamed gog-cookies.dat to gog-cookies.dat.old and logged in again, login was successful, but no new cookie information was generated. Now I get the following error when running a clean update:

14:12:45 | loading local manifest...
14:12:45 | failed to load cookies, did you login first?
It seems that the login feature isn't working, unless I'm doing it wrong. Though the script does say logging in is successful.

EDIT: And now I'm getting recaptca prompts every time I try to log in. It's been almost an hour since my last attempt before this one and I'm still getting "RECaptcha" prompts. GRRRR.
Post edited December 17, 2017 by paladin181
paladin181: Ok. Weirdness inbound. Using Kalanyr's 12/7 build, which worked at one time...
I started getting this error when running an update.

14:03:54 | loading local manifest...
14:03:54 | loading local resume manifest...
14:03:54 | fetching game product data (page 1)...
14:03:56 | failed to load product data (are you still logged in?)
paladin181: So I punch in

E:\Python36\python.exe G:\Files\GOGRepo\gogrepo.py login MyEmail MyPassword
14:03:43 | attempting to login as MyEmail
14:03:48 | login successful
14:03:48 | exiting...
paladin181: As you can see I logged in before I ran the update, but it fails every time now due to not being logged in.

EDIT: Renamed gog-cookies.dat to gog-cookies.dat.old and logged in again, login was successful, but no new cookie information was generated. Now I get the following error when running a clean update:

14:12:45 | loading local manifest...
14:12:45 | failed to load cookies, did you login first?
paladin181: It seems that the login feature isn't working, unless I'm doing it wrong. Though the script does say logging in is successful.

EDIT: And now I'm getting recaptca prompts every time I try to log in. It's been almost an hour since my last attempt before this one and I'm still getting "RECaptcha" prompts. GRRRR.
Try this method for using Cookies exported from Firefox for (actually anything you can log into got on and get a standard format cookies.txt out of should work) now:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/post1189

You may need a Cooke export plugin on Firefox to export your cookies depending on how new your FF version is.

I haven't touched the login part of the script at all, so I'll have a look at it sometime today.
Post edited December 18, 2017 by Kalanyr
Kalanyr: Try this method for using Cookies exported from Firefox for (actually anything you can log into got on and get a standard format cookies.txt out of should work) now:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/post1189

You may need a Cooke export plugin on Firefox to export your cookies depending on how new your FF version is.

I haven't touched the login part of the script at all, so I'll have a look at it sometime today.
Uhm, Where can I get the Cookies.txt file? I have no clue how to export cookies from FF... I got an addon (the only cookie modifying addon I could find that works on FF57) but exporting cookies on a particular site gives me a text hash, not a cookies file.
Kalanyr: *ship*
paladin181: Uhm, Where can I get the Cookies.txt file? I have no clue how to export cookies from FF... I got an addon (the only cookie modifying addon I could find that works on FF57) but exporting cookies on a particular site gives me a text hash, not a cookies file.
I use the cookies.txt Firefox addon by Lennon Hill : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookies-txt

Edit - Okay, super spammy post now cleaned up.
Post edited December 18, 2017 by Kalanyr
Kalanyr: I'll clean the post up for readability when GOG dines to let me see it.
Most likely the "New Page Bug". Sometimes the caching server takes a while to catch up to newer posts, so it only lists one less page than it should. You could try changing your posts per page setting to have the new post visible in the last page, or wait for a kind soul (or a horrible human person) to reply to you so there's another post.

Edit: Also, deleted posts do mess up the pagination quite a bit.
Post edited December 18, 2017 by JMich
Kalanyr: I'll clean the post up for readability when GOG dines to let me see it.
JMich: Most likely the "New Page Bug". Sometimes the caching server takes a while to catch up to newer posts, so it only lists one less page than it should. You could try changing your posts per page setting to have the new post visible in the last page, or wait for a kind soul (or a horrible human person) to reply to you so there's another post.

Edit: Also, deleted posts do mess up the pagination quite a bit.
Thanks for helping my post escape purgatory.
paladin181

I've looked into the login problem but I can't duplicate it. I just logged in using the existing script on Python 2.7 and Python 3 and it worked on both for me without any problems. If you want to help me out by getting further data: I'd suggest seeing if logging out and logging in on GOG.com clears the scripts need for a recaptcha and then verifying your username and password entry were correct by using a text file and copying and pasting both to log into GOG.com from a browser and via the script , in order to copy and past into a Dos window Right click on the title bar -> Edit -> Paste.
Kalanyr: paladin181

I've looked into the login problem but I can't duplicate it. I just logged in using the existing script on Python 2.7 and Python 3 and it worked on both for me without any problems. If you want to help me out by getting further data: I'd suggest seeing if logging out and logging in on GOG.com clears the scripts need for a recaptcha and then verifying your username and password entry were correct by using a text file and copying and pasting both to log into GOG.com from a browser and via the script , in order to copy and past into a Dos window Right click on the title bar -> Edit -> Paste.
I will do. I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll try that. Thanks again for your help. I may try logging with Python 2 (that was where my original cookies came from). I just found it odd that the script wouldn't update the cookies.dat properly; I've done so before with no problems.