It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

neumi5694: If you want to split, you can do that with a batch file or with a shell script, change the target directory according to the first letter in the games id or whatever you like.
timppu: Do you mean the batch file or a shell script would repeatedly run the "gogrepoc download" command, one by one for each game-id, and then change the download path accordingly?

There certainly can be several ways to achieve that. When I needed to split the installer collection to two different hard drives, after "gogrepoc update" I used a bash script to split the existing manifest file to two separate manifest files (I was using the "csplit"-tool in Linux; not sure if there is a similar tool for Windows) and then ran two separate instances of "gogrepoc download/clean/verify" with the partial manifest files, to two different paths. Oh and you have to add those missing [ and ] to the partial manifest files too...

https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/csplit.1.html

Or alternatively just split the manifest file manually in your favorite text editor (notepad, vi, nano...).
Yep. The solution with split manifest files seems a bit overcomplicated to me, but is probably better if you want to download ALL games instead of specific ones.

I use Linux as well. For Windows, csplit can be doenloaded as part of the GNU CoreUtils.
https://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm
neumi5694: Yep. The solution with split manifest files seems a bit overcomplicated to me, but is probably better if you want to download ALL games instead of specific ones.
Well, yeah, for me the point of gogrepoc.py is the ability to mass-download all of my games (for specific language and OS most probably), and keep them all up to date. At this point I do this maybe once every two or three months, not that regularly.

If I were to download single games one by one, using gogrepoc.py feels a bit of an overkill. Well, maybe for games with dozens of parts it still makes sense, I guess. But then in such case you don't really need any ability to automatically split your archive to several places, as you will define the download path anyway when you download a single game with gogrepoc.

The splitting of the manifest file is pretty straightforward and can be performed manually as well, but it is still a bit of an hassle, at least if you want to keep your verification data and not run verification from the scratch every time.
Post edited December 22, 2022 by timppu
timppu: If I were to download single games one by one, using gogrepoc.py feels a bit of an overkill.
I find it to be great, I don't have not to care about how many parts the game has. With ~2k games, I don't want to download all at once anyway.

Using bash scripts, it's just

gog_dl gameid
or - with bonus content
gog_dl_all gameid
or - for downloading in background all game-ids listed in a textfile. All that's needed is a sh login to my server :)
nh_gog_dbatch

Download location, language and version settings (no 32 bit for example) come from a common configuration file.
Post edited December 22, 2022 by neumi5694
I am using Kalanyr's script. I am on Fedora 36. I have been receiving the following errors lately. I have deleted the mainifest.dat file and rebuilt it and I still get the errors...

Do we know what this is? Is there a workaround? Thanks!

04:02:59 | loading local manifest...
04:03:00 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/GOG_REPO/GOG/./gogrepoc.py", line 2931, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "/mnt/GOG_REPO/GOG/./gogrepoc.py", line 2693, in main
cmd_download(args.savedir, args.skipextras, args.skipids, args.dryrun, args.ids,args.os,args.lang,args.skipgalaxy,args.skipstandalone,args.skipshared, args.skipfiles,args.downloadlimit)
File "/mnt/GOG_REPO/GOG/./gogrepoc.py", line 1627, in cmd_download
items = load_manifest()
File "/mnt/GOG_REPO/GOG/./gogrepoc.py", line 398, in load_manifest
db = eval(ad)
File "<string>", line 8116
'extras': [AttrDict(**{'desc': 'manual',
^
SyntaxError: '{' was never closed
04:03:00 | --
04:03:00 | total time: 0:00:00.000033
04:03:00 | exiting...
Hi there,

sorry to interrupt the current thread of thoughs in here.

I want to ask if there is a method to avoid the download of patches.

I could at least minimize my backup folder by 95 GB...

I just want extras and current version full installers...

I have to edit the manifest manually after each update or full run to delete this and that and with 702 games this is ... a little bit ... tedious.....

Can anyone give me a helping hand or if Kalanyr could add this functionality in the near future?
Post edited February 03, 2023 by Genericjohndoe
Genericjohndoe: I want to ask if there is a method to avoid the download of patches.
Just a word of warning. At least in the past some games didn't contain the latest version in the main installer, but you had to also install a separate patch. Or in some other case I think the "patch" actually contained extra content for the game.

So if you try to skip all the "patches", some of your downloaded games might not be the latest patch version, or have all the content. Most are though, probably.
Post edited February 03, 2023 by timppu
Genericjohndoe: Hi there,

I have to edit the manifest manually after each update or full run to delete this and that and with 702 games this is ... a little bit ... tedious.....

Can anyone give me a helping hand or if Kalanyr could add this functionality in the near future?
The functionality is already there.

All you need to do is add:
-skipfiles patch_*
to your download and verify command lines (no need to do anything for update or clean commands).

Timppu is correct in his warning, but I consider it worthwhile to filter out all patches nonetheless (especially since so many GOG games are outdated vis-a-vis steam anyhow, so one or two more hardly matter to me).

If you want to save some more space, you could also consider ignoring 32-bit installers, assuming you have a 64-bit OS.

To ignore both patches and 32-bit installers, just add:
-skipfiles setup_*_(32bit)_* patch_*
to your download and verify command lines.
Post edited February 03, 2023 by mrkgnao
Genericjohndoe: Hi there,

mrkgnao: The functionality is already there.

All you need to do is add:
-skipfiles patch_*
to your download and verify command lines (no need to do anything for update or clean commands).

Timppu is correct in his warning, but I consider it worthwhile to filter out all patches nonetheless (especially since so many GOG games are outdated vis-a-vis steam anyhow, so one or two more hardly matter to me).

If you want to save some more space, you could also consider ignoring 32-bit installers, assuming you have a 64-bit OS.

To ignore both patches and 32-bit installers, just add:
-skipfiles setup_*_(32bit)_* patch_*
to your download and verify command lines.
Thank you very much!

And i would rather manually download missing patchfiles if they are the only way to obtain the current most version.
Genericjohndoe: Thank you very much!

And i would rather manually download missing patchfiles if they are the only way to obtain the current most version.
I guess the first problem is to try to find which games are those which need a separate patch file... If you don't have too many games on GOG, I guess it is doable to go through them one by one.

At this point I just take the extra burden with the unnecessary patches and extra language and MacOS/Linux versions that I don't want in the Extras, and if and when the day comes that the archive "stabilizes" (e.g. GOG closes its doors and hence there will be no more updates and changes to the games), at that point I might start weeding out unnecessary files from all the games. Possibly even repackaging and re-compressing some of the bigger games, to make them much smaller.

At this point I don't feel that is doable due to constant updates.
timppu: I guess the first problem is to try to find which games are those which need a separate patch file... If you don't have too many games on GOG, I guess it is doable to go through them one by one.
Should only happen to quite old ones. The API now always generates both, I haven't seen a case during the past year, where no installer was created.
Of course there are some games, that still get updated through galaxy, but in that case there is no offline patch either.
But can anyone name said games which need an extra patch after the full installer?
timppu: I guess the first problem is to try to find which games are those which need a separate patch file... If you don't have too many games on GOG, I guess it is doable to go through them one by one.
neumi5694: Should only happen to quite old ones. The API now always generates both, I haven't seen a case during the past year, where no installer was created.
Of course there are some games, that still get updated through galaxy, but in that case there is no offline patch either.
I recall there was also a case where the file named as a "patch" actually contained some extra content, basically like a (free) DLC.

Genericjohndoe: But can anyone name said games which need an extra patch after the full installer?
I have to search if me and some others mentioned some of those earlier in this thread, or in some other thread.

I guess a community list would be needed, someone just needs to keep it updated... (wink wink, nudge nudge, boink! boink!)
neumi5694: Should only happen to quite old ones. The API now always generates both, I haven't seen a case during the past year, where no installer was created.
I believe The Witcher 3 is an example from the past year (but it was fixed a few days ago, so no longer the case).

See here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread_part_2_the_search_for_more_updates/post1087

Genericjohndoe: But can anyone name said games which need an extra patch after the full installer?
That's the problem. The only way of finding them is going through one's library manually and checking, which can take a long time. And, obviously, this changes over time, as GOG adds patches, then later installers, so it requires repeated manual checking. For example, for many years The Witcher 3 and Trine 1 were in that state, but both have been fixed at some point.
mrkgnao: I believe The Witcher 3 is an example from the past year (but it was fixed a few days ago, so no longer the case).

See here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread_part_2_the_search_for_more_updates/post1087
Must have slipped my attention. Was it the same with the complete edition? Ever since I got 'upgraded' I only downloaded that one.

btw, I wonder when they fix the metro exodus installers. At least one of the DLCs is broken.
Then it's 140GB again, since me idiot activated the SDK DLC :)
mrkgnao: I believe The Witcher 3 is an example from the past year (but it was fixed a few days ago, so no longer the case).

See here:
neumi5694: Must have slipped my attention. Was it the same with the complete edition? Ever since I got 'upgraded' I only downloaded that one.
Yes.

neumi5694: btw, I wonder when they fix the metro exodus installers. At least one of the DLCs is broken.
Then it's 140GB again, since me idiot activated the SDK DLC :)
I am in contact with support to get them to fix five broken links I have, but not that one, since I don't own that game.