It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: Did you try to update warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack_goodies in gogrepoc? Did you encounter any error when doing so?
When trying it with that goodie pack, I got a 403 response.
"request failed: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://content-system.gog.com/products/...."
which is weird, since it definitly worked when the goodie pack was given away (I downloaded it).

403 definitly shouldn't happen when logged in and checking a owned product.
Looks like they messed something up again.
Gog uses the http response codes wrong a lot. You can't trust them to accurately reflect the situation with high reliability.

Edit - 200 is mostly fine except for some md5 stuff false positives. But the error codes are picked by someone who's making an effort but doesn't understand the minutiae or where to find the reference docs to work out the correct response and it's form.
Post edited November 02, 2022 by Kalanyr
LurkerLito: But now that we can infer that GoG seems to limit the speeds of using gogrepoc I probably won't use it unless I am going to be unable to sit there clicking links for a while.
Just to recap: what kind of gogrepoc speed limit is there?

Just wondering because just this morning I started my gogrepoc update and download (haven't refreshed my GOG library for several months, so I have a lot to download...), and using two download threads, I was getting something like 22 MBytes/sec combined, which I guess is around 176 Mbits/sec..

To me that doesn't sound shabby at all, but I am unsure what kind of download speeds you are expecting, and getting with a browser (instead of gogrepoc). I have a 400 Mbit/s (50 MB/s?) cable modem but I am not really expecting to get full speed from internet servers long away from me, especially as that laptop is using wifi and is quite far from the wifi router. Plus the download goes to an external USB hard drive which is connected to an USB hub, which might slow down transfer speeds as well...
LurkerLito: But now that we can infer that GoG seems to limit the speeds of using gogrepoc I probably won't use it unless I am going to be unable to sit there clicking links for a while.
timppu: Just to recap: what kind of gogrepoc speed limit is there?

Just wondering because just this morning I started my gogrepoc update and download (haven't refreshed my GOG library for several months, so I have a lot to download...), and using two download threads, I was getting something like 22 MBytes/sec combined, which I guess is around 176 Mbits/sec..

To me that doesn't sound shabby at all, but I am unsure what kind of download speeds you are expecting, and getting with a browser (instead of gogrepoc). I have a 400 Mbit/s (50 MB/s?) cable modem but I am not really expecting to get full speed from internet servers long away from me, especially as that laptop is using wifi and is quite far from the wifi router. Plus the download goes to an external USB hard drive which is connected to an USB hub, which might slow down transfer speeds as well...
50 MB/s would indeed be the theoretical maximum, but since no connection ever has 100% of its theoretical max all the time and since there is also protocoll overhead I'd say you are looking at about 45-47 MB/s realistically, if your provider is good.

To be honest, those slowdowns you experience look homemade to me. If any of the three components (the computer's USB port, the USB hub, the USB harddrive) is only USB1 you are already restricting the throughput to a theortical maximum of about 30 MB/s. And I know from experience that you never get those. Around 25 MB/s would be realistic in that scenario. Since that is pretty much what you are getting I wouldn't be surprised if your bottleneck is here.

On top of that, WIFI might be good for connectivity but it is not so great for reliable high speed transfers. You might wnat to connect your laptop using a cable if you often download bigger games with it.

I programmed my own downloader in PHP but as far as I know Python and PHP both use the cURL libraries to download so if I get full speed on my 500 mbit connection (around 60 MB/s) I see no reason why that shouldn't be possible with gogrepo.
Is there another known bug that causes the report of the captcha problem?

20:08:51 | cannot continue, gog is asking for a reCAPTCHA :( try again in a few minutes.

20:12:33 | cannot continue, gog is asking for a reCAPTCHA :( try again in a few minutes.

21:28:56 | cannot continue, gog is asking for a reCAPTCHA :( try again in a few minutes.

23:16:09 | cannot continue, gog is asking for a reCAPTCHA :( try again in a few minutes.

It seems like a few minutes will not quite cut it in my case.

I am also not using a weird IP range range or a VPN. I am currently logged in from that IP.
Daniel.90: Is there another known bug that causes the report of the captcha problem?

20:08:51 | cannot continue, gog is asking for a reCAPTCHA :( try again in a few minutes.

20:12:33 | cannot continue, gog is asking for a reCAPTCHA :( try again in a few minutes.

21:28:56 | cannot continue, gog is asking for a reCAPTCHA :( try again in a few minutes.

23:16:09 | cannot continue, gog is asking for a reCAPTCHA :( try again in a few minutes.

It seems like a few minutes will not quite cut it in my case.

I am also not using a weird IP range range or a VPN. I am currently logged in from that IP.
Did you update gogrepoc to the latest version (i.e. downloaded it after 3 October)? I suspect not, because this error message does not exist anymore in the latest version.

Don't forget to login again after the update. See instructions here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/post3313
Post edited November 05, 2022 by mrkgnao
Okay, now I am really confused. I followed the first link in the opening post to a git repository and that says it was last updated 4 months ago. I downloaded that file a few minutes before the first attempt.

Do I need to pick a specific fork? Is the original gogrepo no longer supported? If so, why is it still the first gihub link in the opener?

Okay, after some more investigation I guess that The repo in the opener is just abandoned and I don't even know where to get this latest version. Because my only clue to the abandonment is your post.

It's probably mentioned in the 160 pages of this thread, reading through that without even knowing what to look for does not seem very productive.
Post edited November 05, 2022 by Daniel.90
Daniel.90: Do I need to pick a specific fork? Is the original gogrepo no longer supported? If so, why is it still the first gihub link in the opener?
https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/blob/master/gogrepoc.py

Yep, I understand your frustration, there should've been created a new thread a long time ago...

In short, eddie3 abondoned it and Kalanyr is the current maintainer, and since eddie is no longer here the original post can't be updated.
Post edited November 05, 2022 by sanscript
Thanks, yes, I was distracted with my frustration. So now I wanna give credit where credit is due:
This community is obviously doing a lot with what little they get.
and CDR is at least not working against that. That sounds sarcastic, But I am serious, the bar is this low, that's why I am here. The situation everywhere else is worse.
sanscript: In short, eddie3 abondoned it .....
Not completely, as can be seen by his update a few months ago to cope with the more recent XML issues.

He just obviously hasn't been adding new features like Kalanyr etc.

If he is going to update when it is needed, then he really hasn't abandoned it.
Timboli: Not completely, as can be seen by his update a few months ago to cope with the more recent XML issues.

He just obviously hasn't been adding new features like Kalanyr etc.

If he is going to update when it is needed, then he really hasn't abandoned it.
130+ commits vs 1 in a long time + he's no longer around here...

For all intents and purposes, it's abandoned, at least this thread. Regardless, Kalanyr's version is far superior and he's the only one that helps out, which I'm sure most of us are immensely thankful of.
Post edited November 06, 2022 by sanscript
sanscript: 130+ commits vs 1 in a long time + he's no longer around here...

For all intents and purposes, it's abandoned, at least this thread. Regardless, Kalanyr's version is far superior and he's the only one that helps out, which I'm sure most of us are immensely thankful of.
Yep. Thankful for the original project too as it started the fork but the fork is the only widely-used and maintained tool for this around - thank you again Kalanyr.
piranha1: I just got a new version from https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/tree/dev , and running the command:

gogrepoc.py update -os windows -lang en pl -skiphidden

results in the following error message:

01:21:29 | loading local manifest...
01:21:29 | loading token...
01:21:29 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\GOGBackup\gogrepoc.py", line 2891, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
For anyone else that is a slow and easily confused child like me, the fix discussed requires also logging in through the command line to generate a token.
Nvm
Post edited November 07, 2022 by blotunga
sanscript: For all intents and purposes, it's abandoned, at least this thread. Regardless, Kalanyr's version is far superior and he's the only one that helps out, which I'm sure most of us are immensely thankful of.
For all intents and purposes, it is not completely abandoned, especially as I stated, if the original script is fixed as needed, that script I use by preference, because I have to, not withstanding the nice benefits added by Kalanyr's fork ... kudos to Kalanyr, even though I don't use his version, and great to see his ongoing responses here.

So it was great that the original script was recently updated, even though I mostly use gogcli.exe now, certainly for downloading game files. At this point I just use gogrepo.py for verification purposes only, in a certain scenario ... so not often.

Abandoned means chucking aside, and never coming back to it. That has not happened in this case.

No longer personally participating in this thread has no bearing really, though you could say that it appears he has abandoned this thread.

What really counts, is that the original script still works and works well enough, and is being maintained as needed. Of course 'working well enough' is subjective. Being maintained, means it has not been abandoned.