It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

phaolo: Does the -full parameter exist in the stable version by the way?
Kalanyr: It should be on stable that's one of the earliest changes I made
Umm, I tried it, but it isn't recognized by the stable version:

gogrepo.py update -full -resumemode resume -skiphidden -os windows -lang en
gogrepo.py: error: unrecognized arguments: -full

I can just delete the manifest to obtain the same result, right?
Post edited June 21, 2020 by phaolo
Kalanyr: It should be on stable that's one of the earliest changes I made
phaolo: Umm, I tried it, but it isn't recognized by the stable version:

gogrepo.py update -full -resumemode resume -skiphidden -os windows -lang en
gogrepo.py: error: unrecognized arguments: -full

I can just delete the manifest to obtain the same result, right?
Looks like -full should be the default behaviour as long as no other filter is set, for that version.
Oh well, anyway I finally deleted the manifest to properly update my collection.

The process now seems to have finished correctly, even if I saw many "request failed: 429 Client Error: Too Many Requests for url" messages in the log.
timppu: I'm interested. Is it too long to just "cat" in the forum, or some web page?

Does it use some innoextract or somesuch to unpack the files? Does it unpack the Windows installers, or the linux ".sh" installers?
1. Well, its about 350 lines of terribly written bash code, so... yeah :D
2. Yes, it uses innoextract to unpack .exe files. It doesnt *require* you to have yepoleb's gogextract.py to unpack .sh files (since I already rewrote it in bash and included necessary functions), but its recommended since built-in solution is a bit slow (it uses dd to extract data and I didnt find a way to speed it up without ruining offsets)
3. As said, it unpacks both. The only unsupported files are goodies (bonus files included as separate downloads with some games. Just coz I dont download these) and patch* files for windows executables (the ones used to update games without the need to redownload whole game)

Anyway, there goes the script: https://github.com/moonburnt/goginst
I just made the page public and didnt receive much feedback before, so yeah - if some things are complicated or bugged (Im using it daily, but setups may vary, maybe I forgot something), I will be glad to improve them
gog ate my message again, so just saying that I've pushed some updates to linux installer for gogrepo-downloaded games from previous post, featuring some new abilities that may come handy or not. Any feedback could be helpful
I'm seriously out of the loop in terms of gogrepo.

Which fork are all the cool kids using these days?
Post edited July 12, 2020 by my name is catte
Argh. So I'm running kalanyr's dev branch and for some reason it's downloading
05:12:26 | 19.6MB 0.7MB/s 1x master_of_magic/setup_master_of_magic_1.3.1_(german)_(28044).exe
despite me specifying English language. Did GOG mess up the metadata and label this as English or is there some user error that I'm unaware of?
The command I was running is
gogrepoc.py download -skipgalaxy -lang en
my name is catte: Argh. So I'm running kalanyr's dev branch and for some reason it's downloading

05:12:26 | 19.6MB 0.7MB/s 1x master_of_magic/setup_master_of_magic_1.3.1_(german)_(28044).exe
my name is catte: despite me specifying English language. Did GOG mess up the metadata and label this as English or is there some user error that I'm unaware of?
The command I was running is

gogrepoc.py download -skipgalaxy -lang en
my name is catte:
The non-English languages for that game aren't officially supported and included as Extras. Extra's don't have useful OS/Language metadata to filter them by.
Kalanyr: The non-English languages for that game aren't officially supported and included as Extras. Extra's don't have useful OS/Language metadata to filter them by.
Mystery solved, thank you!

Is there an easy way of excluding a specific extra from the manifest or will it be more trouble than it's worth? Probably just easier to manually delete it each time.
Kalanyr: The non-English languages for that game aren't officially supported and included as Extras. Extra's don't have useful OS/Language metadata to filter them by.
my name is catte: Mystery solved, thank you!

Is there an easy way of excluding a specific extra from the manifest or will it be more trouble than it's worth? Probably just easier to manually delete it each time.
You should be able to use -skipfiles *_(german)_*.* safely I think.
Kalanyr: You should be able to use -skipfiles *_(german)_*.* safely I think.
Ahh, I didn't know about the skipfiles flag. It's only mentioned in the readme in connection with the verify command. Thanks!
Kalanyr: You should be able to use -skipfiles *_(german)_*.* safely I think.
my name is catte: Ahh, I didn't know about the skipfiles flag. It's only mentioned in the readme in connection with the verify command. Thanks!
thats because its a new flag, only introduced recently. I mean - Im on stable branch and it doesnt exist there
my name is catte: Ahh, I didn't know about the skipfiles flag. It's only mentioned in the readme in connection with the verify command. Thanks!
Gekko_Dekko: thats because its a new flag, only introduced recently. I mean - Im on stable branch and it doesnt exist there
Recently? I recall that a dude implemented it like 2 years ago.
I use gogrepo's stable version too, but sadly it has never been updated since then.
Luckily it's still pretty solid, despite missing new features.
Post edited July 17, 2020 by phaolo
Kalanyr: If you want to send me a friend request and a message, I can send you the current in development (and not suitable for actual use) version I'm working on, that has a new manifest layout, and share copies with you as I get closer to release.
Hey, can I get in on that offer, too? :-)
Kalanyr: If you want to send me a friend request and a message, I can send you the current in development (and not suitable for actual use) version I'm working on, that has a new manifest layout, and share copies with you as I get closer to release.
Gede: Hey, can I get in on that offer, too? :-)
Sure any dev that needs to prepare for the change can send me a friend request and let me know what they need it for and I'll add you to the share list.