It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Buying an extra for a game such as a soundtrack, performing a gogrepo UPDATE for that specific game using -ids (just a generic update, no skip installers) causes gogreo to orphan the game installer on a CLEAN and ONLY download the soundtrack on a DOWNLOAD.

Trying to update the game again does not ever add the installer again.. so.... what do I do? Without deleting my manifest what can I do to get the installer back in the mix?

I've had this problem with multiple games.

"python3 gogreoc.py update -ids blasphemous"

"python3 gogreoc.py download -ids blasphemous /mnt/gog"

edit: added screenshot showing game items are blank in !info.txt

https://imgur.com/a/i8iHUVX
Post edited June 15, 2020 by Phin77
Phin77: Buying an extra for a game such as a soundtrack, performing a gogrepo UPDATE for that specific game using -ids (just a generic update, no skip installers) causes gogreo to orphan the game installer on a CLEAN and ONLY download the soundtrack on a DOWNLOAD.

Trying to update the game again does not ever add the installer again.. so.... what do I do? Without deleting my manifest what can I do to get the installer back in the mix?

I've had this problem with multiple games.

"python3 gogreoc.py update -ids blasphemous"

"python3 gogreoc.py download -ids blasphemous /mnt/gog"

edit: added screenshot showing game items are blank in !info.txt

https://imgur.com/a/i8iHUVX
Does it work if you add the os and/or lang parameters to the update command ? I suspect the auto detection is broken. Could you try using update with each and both and letting me know the results. And also what OS you're using and what language the system is set too
Kalanyr: Does it work if you add the os and/or lang parameters to the update command ?
Sadly no, it still would not update the entry for the game to find installers. I even tried removing the entry for blasphemy and doing an update and it only ever found the soundtrack..

The only thing that worked for me was deleting my manifest...Which made absolutely no sense to me because the manifest is the only thing that is saving that information at all.. correct? I searched using "find" to find anything in the manifest left over after removing the entry... the entire entry.. between the brackets { }, yes?

Perhaps I made a mistake and didn't get it all.. but I don't believe that I did make a mistake.. entries are pretty long and if you get it wrong, the next time you run gogrepo, it throws an error if the manifest can't be parsed.
Kalanyr: Does it work if you add the os and/or lang parameters to the update command ?
Phin77: Sadly no, it still would not update the entry for the game to find installers. I even tried removing the entry for blasphemy and doing an update and it only ever found the soundtrack..

The only thing that worked for me was deleting my manifest...Which made absolutely no sense to me because the manifest is the only thing that is saving that information at all.. correct? I searched using "find" to find anything in the manifest left over after removing the entry... the entire entry.. between the brackets { }, yes?

Perhaps I made a mistake and didn't get it all.. but I don't believe that I did make a mistake.. entries are pretty long and if you get it wrong, the next time you run gogrepo, it throws an error if the manifest can't be parsed.
Do you have a copy of the bad version of the manifest ? If so could you add me as a friend and send me a message ?

Otherwise if you go to the entry for blasphemous in yout account page on GOG.com do you have 2? Are the installers present there ?

(Unfortunately this is a game I don't have)
@Timboli made a nice GUI for gogrepo.py
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogplus_download_checker/post18
BIG THANKS to you woolymethodman, and anyone else that contributed.

An excellent program/script for which I am currently developing a Windows based GUI, as the previous poster mentioned.

Cheers, you are the best.
Timboli: BIG THANKS to you woolymethodman, and anyone else that contributed.

An excellent program/script for which I am currently developing a Windows based GUI, as the previous poster mentioned.

Cheers, you are the best.
If you want to send me a friend request and a message, I can send you the current in development (and not suitable for actual use) version I'm working on, that has a new manifest layout, and share copies with you as I get closer to release.
Kalanyr: If you want to send me a friend request and a message, I can send you the current in development (and not suitable for actual use) version I'm working on, that has a new manifest layout, and share copies with you as I get closer to release.
No worries, sounds good.

It appears I cannot send you a message yet, but I did do the friend request.

Cheers
Hi there,

I'm having an issue here. I am trying to do a import (command used from powershell .\gogrepoc.py import I:\Software\Paid\GOG D:\gog_downloads) and while it is importing the main game's exe and bin files, it not picking up the zip files for the game's extras.

Would you know what would cause this?

Cheers

PS, how can I get this to add all the !info.txt and !serials.txt files after doing an import?
Hmmm. gogrepoc is throwing "failed to load product data (are you still logged in?)" when I try to update individual games. It was working as recently as June 14. What do I need to poke?
mbeemer: Hmmm. gogrepoc is throwing "failed to load product data (are you still logged in?)" when I try to update individual games. It was working as recently as June 14. What do I need to poke?
A shot in the dark here is it possible that your cookies has expired?
mbeemer: Hmmm. gogrepoc is throwing "failed to load product data (are you still logged in?)" when I try to update individual games. It was working as recently as June 14. What do I need to poke?
Use the login command and try again (or export a cookie from a browser again if you can't use the login command). I got logged out from my cookie being invalidated yesterday , but it was fine after I re-logged in.
Kalanyr: Use the login command and try again (or export a cookie from a browser again if you can't use the login command). I got logged out from my cookie being invalidated yesterday , but it was fine after I re-logged in.
Confirmed. It's been so long since I did that I thought I was going to have to fish a cookie out of my browser cache. All is well, thank you.
anyone interested in linux bash script that unpacks gogrepo-downloaded games? Wrote it for myself to use as part of gog games auto-update solution running in cron, wonder if there is any interest in such things to share (its kinda ugly tho)
Gekko_Dekko: anyone interested in linux bash script that unpacks gogrepo-downloaded games? Wrote it for myself to use as part of gog games auto-update solution running in cron, wonder if there is any interest in such things to share (its kinda ugly tho)
I'm interested. Is it too long to just "cat" in the forum, or some web page?

Does it use some innoextract or somesuch to unpack the files? Does it unpack the Windows installers, or the linux ".sh" installers?