It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

teceem: 1 example:
setup_anno_1404_2.0.0.2.exe (I don't know if it was the unrar or the symbolic link error)
Alas, I cannot check it, as I discovered I only have Anno 1503 A.D.

If that file did fail for you, check it again, but with the Report option on. That should show you where the failure was, at the specific internal file(s). It may be that all internal files are okay, but something at the end is giving an issue.

Another way to check of course, is to install the game and see what the installer reports. See if the game starts too.
teceem: 1 example:
setup_anno_1404_2.0.0.2.exe (I don't know if it was the unrar or the symbolic link error)
Timboli: Alas, I cannot check it, as I discovered I only have Anno 1503 A.D.

If that file did fail for you, check it again, but with the Report option on. That should show you where the failure was, at the specific internal file(s). It may be that all internal files are okay, but something at the end is giving an issue.

Another way to check of course, is to install the game and see what the installer reports. See if the game starts too.
Testing the .exe:
Could not test "H:\GOG\anno_1404_gold_edition\setup_anno_1404_2.0.0.2-1.bin": unable to create .r?? symlinks

Testing the bin file separately:
Path = H:\GOG\anno_1404_gold_edition\setup_anno_1404_2.0.0.2-1.bin
Type = #
Everything is Ok
Files: 3
Size: 4194304000
Compressed: 4194304000

The game installs fine.
teceem: Testing the .exe:
Could not test "H:\GOG\anno_1404_gold_edition\setup_anno_1404_2.0.0.2-1.bin": unable to create .r?? symlinks

Testing the bin file separately:
Path = H:\GOG\anno_1404_gold_edition\setup_anno_1404_2.0.0.2-1.bin
Type = #
Everything is Ok
Files: 3
Size: 4194304000
Compressed: 4194304000

The game installs fine.
Goodo. Sometimes that's the best you can do.
I've had a small number like that.

P.S. If you were willing to try gogcli.exe or a gogrepo.py variant, you might still be able to do a checksum just for the downloaded file itself and not the content. That way you may be able to narrow it down to just the file and not the download process.

Failing that, someone else with that game file, might be able to provide you with the checksum from their manifest, which would be easy to test with.
Post edited March 30, 2021 by Timboli
Timboli: Goodo. Sometimes that's the best you can do.
I've had a small number like that.

P.S. If you were willing to try gogcli.exe or a gogrepo.py variant, you might still be able to do a checksum just for the downloaded file itself and not the content. That way you may be able to narrow it down to just the file and not the download process.

Failing that, someone else with that game file, might be able to provide you with the checksum from their manifest, which would be easy to test with.
Thanks! I'll try checking them with gogcli.
I was trying to check the state of my entire archive. It doesn't matter what the cause is to me - the download process or something else. ;-)
teceem: I was trying to check the state of my entire archive. It doesn't matter what the cause is to me - the download process or something else. ;-)
Well it may matter.

If the download is okay, then it is an internal matter. And most internal matters, if significant would have been addressed one would think. So the fail issue with GOGPlus Download Checker may not be anything to be concerned about. Whereas on the other hand, you could re-download to likely solve it, if it was a download related issue.
GOGPlus Download Checker v2.2 has been released.

Download - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGPlus-Download-Checker/releases/tag/v2.2

Information - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGPlus-Download-Checker

New Feature Update.

Added support for adding other file types, that the user can input via a right-click menu option of the 'Options' button.
These will be tested with 7-Zip, and may or may not be supported.

Notes
Basically I got sick of updating my code to support new file types (extensions), as I came across them.
Now the program potentially has support for many different file types.
But it is up to the user to perhaps check a new file type first with 7-Zip, before adding to the program.
No doubt, not all file types will be supported by 7-Zip. 7-Zip makes several different attempts though.

Screenshot - gogplus_ext_2.png

As you can see in the screenshot, I am adding two file types. Both of those are supported by 7-Zip, with the '.AppImage' file being a Linux one.

Those are file types I have for the 'Beyond All Reason' game, available for free outside of GOG.
GOGRepo Simple GUI v1.5 has been released.

Download - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/releases/tag/v1.5_SG

Information - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/tree/master/Simple_GUI

FSUM is no longer required or used.
Window controls now get disabled during processes.

IMPORTANT
I discovered FSUM has a silly license, and as it is not really needed, it is no longer used by this program.
Due to that license, you should delete it from the program folder, if it exists from use with an earlier version of this program.

------------------------------------------------------------------

While updating the v1.4 zip file to v1.5, I discovered the zip file was corrupted. So I then checked the uploaded version, and that was the same. No idea how that happened, because my standard behavior is to always check, because I know how they just randomly decide to get corrupted sometimes. In fact, I have been waiting for one such file to run a test on it.

Odd that of the 73 downloaders of v1.4, that none reported a corrupted file issue ... though I imagine it is easily fixed using a zip fixing program.

Anyway, I fixed and re-upped v1.4 ... not that I suggest anyone use it, due to its dependence on FSUM.

------------------------------------------------------------------

While testing v1.5, I discovered that my cookie values for GOG no longer worked. Clearly it had passed its use-by-date (expired), and simple enough to just recreate my cookie file, using that program option. Cookie file date was 16-06-2020.
Post edited April 12, 2021 by Timboli
I do remember reading quite some time back, that Python scripts can be compiled, but because I don't really use Python much, I've never looked into that until recently. Basically because I need to convert a Win 64 script into a Win 32 one ... but that's another story.

So I did a little research, and as a little experiment I compiled the last original 'gogrepo.py' into 'gogrepo.exe'.

The 'gogrepo.py' file has some necessary changes made by me, to work with my GOGRepo Simple GUI program, so it is a special version that I have compiled to 'gogrepo.exe'.

GOGRepo Simple GUI updated to v1.6 for the adventurous.

I then updated my GOGRepo Simple GUI program to support 'gogrepo.exe', as well as still support original 'gogrepo.py'.

I have minimally tested the result and it appears to work well.

The upshot of all this, is that those who don't want to install Python to use my GOGRepo Simple GUI program, may no longer need to ... or perhaps you had trouble getting Python to work.

Anyway, I cannot promise anything, as it was compiled on a Windows 7 32 bit PC, with Python 3.4 installed and all required libraries installed. I don't know enough to know how well it might work on other later versions of Windows.

But if you want to have a go, with what I class as experimental at this stage, you can download the two needed new files from the link below. You will also need the full release of GOGRepo Simple GUI v1.5.

https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/tree/master/Simple_GUI/v1.6

You need - (1) GOGRepo Simple GUI.exe, and (2) gogrepo.zip.

But first, download and extract the following first.

https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/releases/tag/v1.5_SG

Then copy GOGRepo Simple GUI.exe to that extract folder, overwriting the existing GOGRepo Simple GUI.exe.
Then extract gogrepo.zip to that same location.

Then run GOGRepo Simple GUI.exe and follow any prompts, including doing what is required on the SETUP window in regard to cookie file etc.

WARNING - I uploaded gogrepo.zip to GitHub without any complaint, but my browser won't let me download it, saying stupid lazy nonsense about a virus. In an effort to help with this foolishness, I uploaded the file to VirusTotal, where 6 out of 60 virus engines claim it is malicious.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ae4751f503f8bb4e2155189f1f677f53d58b3d05ada9f6e2e9e52c6bab294ddf/detection

Very frustrating when this happens, and Microsoft especially should be ashamed of their false detection. They are either over-zealous or just a crappy AV. That said, the MS AV on my PC is not detecting any issue. Usually its the other way round.

Anyway, please don't be too scared to download it, if you even can. All it is are files that were created when I compiled 'gogrepo.py to 'gogrepo.exe' and then zipped up, also adding one text file - ReadMe.txt.

EDIT
In the end, I had to use Free Download Manager 5 to be able to download my own zip file from GitHub.
Post edited October 13, 2021 by Timboli
Oh the irony.
It wasn't my browser causing the issue or Google Safe Browsing, it was my damn AV ... Microsoft AV.

How it can ignore the file before I upload it, but then refuse to keep it after I download it, beggars belief.

When I checked yesterday, I could not find the file in quarantine, it had just seemingly vanished. Anyway, today I clicked on another option, and yes there it was, every attempt of downloading quarantined. And I solved it by clicking 'Allow'.

Damn lousy uncommunicative programming. It's enough to make you want to swap to Linux ... if only I could.

All I want is a computer that obeys me. Is that too much to ask ... apparently so.

Some days I just loathe developer nerds, who think they have the right to impose their flawed visions and understandings on you.
Apologies if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything via search. I'm having an issue when using GOGRepo Simple GUI (1.5) in which attempting to install the required libraries within Setup gives me several identical errors (see attached image, fyi my locale is japanese so \ is visually replaced by a yen sign). Once it's done, attempting to create cookies makes the command window pop up and instantly close without doing anything. Python is installed and added to my PATH, and I tried installing the MS Visual C++ 64-bit build tools manually as listed in the error but the error remains.
Attachments:
asdf.png (34 Kb)
TheGershon: Apologies if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything via search. I'm having an issue when using GOGRepo Simple GUI (1.5) in which attempting to install the required libraries within Setup gives me several identical errors (see attached image, fyi my locale is japanese so \ is visually replaced by a yen sign). Once it's done, attempting to create cookies makes the command window pop up and instantly close without doing anything. Python is installed and added to my PATH, and I tried installing the MS Visual C++ 64-bit build tools manually as listed in the error but the error remains.
I've had a look at the image, and it's all quite meaningless to me, sorry. But then I am fairly Python illiterate.

What version of Python do you have installed? And do you have more than one maybe?

I am now using Python v3.8, and was using v3.7. Both worked fine for me, though after installing v3.8, I had to reinstall the libraries again, as v3.8 has now become the default, even though v3.7 is still installed.

I suggest you ask for help in the gogrepo.py thread, where there are some people with pretty good Python experience.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e

I can't say I am a fan of Python, though I do use it at need.

P.S. I have been thinking of doing a gogcli.exe version of my GOGRepo Simple GUI program, which doesn't use Python, but I have so many other projects on the go right now, it won't likely happen any time soon.

P.S.S. I have been doing lots of improvements to my GOGcli GUI program, some of which is to the validating. It should see a release or upload soon.
Timboli: What version of Python do you have installed? And do you have more than one maybe?

I am now using Python v3.8, and was using v3.7. Both worked fine for me, though after installing v3.8, I had to reinstall the libraries again, as v3.8 has now become the default, even though v3.7 is still installed.
I'm using 3.11.0a1, which is the latest pre-release version at the moment, so I'll give 3.8 a shot. Looking closer at the error, it seems there's something wrong with the MSVC libraries bundled with python, so fingers crossed that rolling back to an earlier version won't have the same error. Perhaps the libraries used to make gogrepo.py are incompatible/broken by a later python update.

I notice that the build requirements listed at https://github.com/eddie3/gogrepo specify Python 2.7, so I'll give that a shot next if 3.8 also doesn't work.

EDIT: Well 3.8 works and I've gotten everything installed, but logging in still flashed an empty cmd window and closes immediately. So I went and looked at the gogrepo documentation and managed to log in and generate a gog-cookies.dat through commandline, but trying to retrieve my game list gave me another error (Could not find the resume manifest file!). So I ended up just using gogrepo through the commandline and I'm downloading a game right now, lol. I'd still like to get your tool setup though.
Post edited November 03, 2021 by TheGershon
TheGershon: I notice that the build requirements listed at https://github.com/eddie3/gogrepo specify Python 2.7, so I'll give that a shot next if 3.8 also doesn't work.
That is an old requirement, and I guess the GitHub page has never been updated to reflect that v3.x became supported.

TheGershon: EDIT: Well 3.8 works and I've gotten everything installed, but logging in still flashed an empty cmd window and closes immediately. So I went and looked at the gogrepo documentation and managed to log in and generate a gog-cookies.dat through commandline, but trying to retrieve my game list gave me another error (Could not find the resume manifest file!). So I ended up just using gogrepo through the commandline and I'm downloading a game right now, lol. I'd still like to get your tool setup though.
Mmmm I am glad you got something usable working.

I managed to use GOGRepo Simple GUI myself successfully a few days ago, using v3.8 of Python, so I'm not sure what is going on. Did you remove Python 3.11.0a1, and before installing v3.8?

I got that same error (Could not find the resume manifest file!) until I updated my Python libraries again for v3.8.

Things can get a bit messy with more than one version of Python installed.

No idea why you had an issue with creating or updating (overwriting) the cookie file, unless that was libraries related.

In any case, I have now uploaded & released v2.0 of GOGcli GUI, if you are interested in trying out gogcli.exe by Magnitus. Python is not required for his program or my GUI for it.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogcli_gui_frontend_downloader_and_validator

P.S. If in any doubt, start afresh with my GOGRepo Simple GUI program. That means a folder that only contains the content of the downloaded zip file, plus a brand new download of original gogrepo.py (final update). NOTE - Any older user or settings files generated after having run GOGRepo Simple GUI.exe may cause grief.
Post edited November 03, 2021 by Timboli
Timboli: I got that same error (Could not find the resume manifest file!) until I updated my Python libraries again for v3.8.

Things can get a bit messy with more than one version of Python installed.
I made sure to uninstall 3.11.0a1 beforehand, no reason to keep multiple versions of python installed (in this case, anyway). I've just made sure that all of my python libraries are installed and up to date.

Timboli: No idea why you had an issue with creating or updating (overwriting) the cookie file, unless that was libraries related.

P.S. If in any doubt, start afresh with my GOGRepo Simple GUI program. That means a folder that only contains the content of the downloaded zip file, plus a brand new download of original gogrepo.py (final update). NOTE - Any older user or settings files generated after having run GOGRepo Simple GUI.exe may cause grief.
Just did so. Interestingly, now it just works as it should. No idea what's changed since before, as I essentially did the exact same steps the first time, but hey if it works then it works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I appreciate the quick help. Cheers
TheGershon: Just did so. Interestingly, now it just works as it should. No idea what's changed since before, as I essentially did the exact same steps the first time, but hey if it works then it works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I appreciate the quick help. Cheers
Good stuff, glad you got it sorted and that I could help. :)