It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

paladin181: It's all cool. I was just filing bug reports in case you hadn't been made aware. I'm not bugging you to fix it, I still have my batch files that work great. I was just trying to test for you, which ultimately, I can do some. I lack the ability to code extensively, but I have forgotten more than I know now about manipulating files and such. I feel so old these days...
No worries, thanks for the feedback.

Just did a Download and Verify, using the following Game folders, without issue.

G:\GOG\GoG\Latest Games

G:\GOG\GoG Game Downloads\Latest Games

My normal Game folder is just - G:\GOG\GoG

So no idea why you had an issue with a space. Can you show a path you had trouble with?

Still no idea how you got Update to loop. Was that with a regular UPDATE ONE or UPDATE ALL? Or was it with the Update In Stages option? If the latter then it may only be your perception it is looping, because we may have removals and additions going on.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by Timboli
PraetorianWolfie: Thank you for the fixes and your work!
Thanks to you also, for the feedback.

Of course, I generally use my GUI the same ways each time and have used it a lot now, so irregular things for me can get overlooked too, and my focus has been on new features I am keen for.

I've also changed my usage due to speed and reliability issues with GOG having risen in the last few months, so I am now using gogrepo.py less as a downloader and more as a verifier and updater. Plus I had even worse aspects of that using the forked version, so returned to using the original.

So essentially I am using GOGRepo GUI in tandem with Free Download Manager 5 most of the time ... certainly when dealing with large file downloads, where I may need a Resume ability. More threads per file, also means quicker downloading too, especially when GOG is being slow.
Just discovered a program crashing bug when playing around with setting a 'Specific' game destination folder in the GOGRepo GUI. Somehow, probably during a paste, two code lines had an extra comma. This bug has probably been present from the beginning, and no-one reportedly, including myself has picked this up until now ... quite strange.

This bug has now been fixed and some related browsing aspects improved.

https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/tree/master/Latest_Incomplete

WARNING - While this updated version has several bugfixes now, it also has some new features which could potentially also have bugs, or some aspects are incomplete, which is why it isn't a proper release candidate yet. That said, I have been using those features for some time and it has been fine for me. FIRST TIME USERS will also need the full v1.0 Release, replacing the EXE file (and AU3 file if you wish), with the one from that Latest_Incomplete folder.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by Timboli
Timboli: No worries, thanks for the feedback.

Just did a Download and Verify, using the following Game folders, without issue.

G:\GOG\GoG\Latest Games

G:\GOG\GoG Game Downloads\Latest Games

My normal Game folder is just - G:\GOG\GoG

So no idea why you had an issue with a space. Can you show a path you had trouble with?

Still no idea how you got Update to loop. Was that with a regular UPDATE ONE or UPDATE ALL? Or was it with the Update In Stages option? If the latter then it may only be your perception it is looping, because we may have removals and additions going on.
"F:\Files\Game Downloads\GOG Downloads" was my path.

And it was update all. I have since transferred and deleted the log, but it just instantly went from the last game to enumerating the pages again and then started updating...

EDIT: I am using Kalanyr's branch, though I renamed it to gogrepo.py due to my shortcuts. I don't know if the name of the script is of any consequence, but just full disclosure for you.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by paladin181
paladin181: "F:\Files\Game Downloads\GOG Downloads" was my path.

And it was update all. I have since transferred and deleted the log, but it just instantly went from the last game to enumerating the pages again and then started updating...

EDIT: I am using Kalanyr's branch, though I renamed it to gogrepo.py due to my shortcuts. I don't know if the name of the script is of any consequence, but just full disclosure for you.
Thanks for the info, though I don't seem to be any wiser.

I use UPDATE ALL regularly, with it set to only return new games. I sometimes use it on a single game when I know it has had an update. The code is not written in a loop, so maybe it is gogrepo.py related rather than my GUI ... especially as the UPDATE button itself is disabled once UPDATE starts, so no accidental double click can be occurring.

EDIT
Thinking more about your edit.
Are you using gogrepoc.py but have renamed it to gogrepo.py?
If so, then that might be the root cause of issues.
The only forked version I have coded for, is the one from two years ago, which is already named gogrepo.py.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by Timboli
I think so, yes.
Okay, thanks to Tarhiel we discovered a bug in my code for GOGRepo GUI.

This is where my GUI inserts a bit of code into the gogrepo.py script. Somehow I had decided the line endings were carriage return plus line feed, when really they were just line feed. My insertion then changed that nature of the script.

In reality, something else must have changed the nature of my script earlier or perhaps during trials, else I would have experienced the same problem myself ... no doubt it was a self introduced error on my part at some point.

Due to this bug, only a partial insert was occurring, which caused gogrepo.py to quit after checking all game titles.

My apologies to those who may have had trouble and likely gave up.
BIG THANKS to Tarhiel for persevering.

If you have the v1.0 Release, then just grab the EXE file from the following location and replace the one in the zip with it after extraction. First timers will need to grab both and do the same thing. IMPORTANT - You will need a fresh copy of gogrepo.py.

https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/tree/master/Latest_Incomplete

P.S. I likely need to do the same fix to GOGRepo Simple GUI.
Post edited January 18, 2021 by Timboli
CORRECTION to my last post above.

If you have been using the Kalanyr forked version of gogrepop.py with my GUIs, then you would not have been impacted with the line ending bug. My code makes no insertions into that version as it is not required. My insertions just added a feature to the original gogrepo.py script that is similar to one already existing in the Kalanyr forked version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now updated GOGRepo Simple GUI to v1.4

It can be found here - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/releases

As you may note, v1.3 is missing .... seems I never got around to uploading it.

Here is a screenshot for changes that occurred -
https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/blob/master/Simple_GUI/GOGRepo_simple_5.png?raw=true

(v1.4) BUGFIX for incorrect line ending insertions into gogrepo.py. These insertions did not occur if using the Kalanyr forked version of gogrepo.py.

(v1.3) Added a file Size field. Two buttons resized with multiline text. Some text changes.
Do i need to install python to use GOGRepo Simple GUI?

Every time i try to use the gui, this happens: https://i.imgur.com/LJM4fdQ.png

I'm using the fork, btw.
Post edited February 17, 2021 by M3troid
M3troid: Do i need to install python to use GOGRepo Simple GUI?

I'm using the fork, btw.
Yes you do, for the required cookie and getting manifest details for a game on-the-fly and for the full list of your game titles.

Only the standard (2 year old) fork is supported, not the DEV version.

Make sure you have the latest version of my GOGRepo Simple GUI program, and if you have tried the YES option to modify the existing gogrepo.py script, you may need a fresh copy of it. Earlier versions of my program had a bug that could have corrupted the script, certainly with my GOGRepo GUI program.
M3troid: Do i need to install python to use GOGRepo Simple GUI?

I'm using the fork, btw.
Timboli: Yes you do, for the required cookie and getting manifest details for a game on-the-fly and for the full list of your game titles.

Only the standard (2 year old) fork is supported, not the DEV version.

Make sure you have the latest version of my GOGRepo Simple GUI program, and if you have tried the YES option to modify the existing gogrepo.py script, you may need a fresh copy of it. Earlier versions of my program had a bug that could have corrupted the script, certainly with my GOGRepo GUI program.
Ok.

Thanks, bro. :)
GOGPLus Download checker v2.1:
Most errors give 2 reasons:
- .....bin": install `unrar` or `unar` -> but unrar.exe is there, in the GOGPlus.Download.Checker.v2.1\UnRAR folder
- and something like... unable to create .r?? symbolic link
What does it mean? (that last one). And why the unrar error?
teceem: GOGPLus Download checker v2.1:
Most errors give 2 reasons:
- .....bin": install `unrar` or `unar` -> but unrar.exe is there, in the GOGPlus.Download.Checker.v2.1\UnRAR folder
- and something like... unable to create .r?? symbolic link
What does it mean? (that last one). And why the unrar error?
Could be some error reported by UnRAR or InnoExtract which has some UnRAR ability I think. I have had the odd failure with InnoExtract where it can't seem to advance from the EXE file to linked BIN file or subsequent BIN files. Could be due to an unsupported RAR version. This is rare in my experience, but has happened for a few users, myself included.

What were you doing to get that? What file and game etc?

UnRAR in the UnRAR folder is only used for RAR files and independent BIN files if you choose it over 7-Zip at the prompt.

If you were processing an EXE file and associated BIN files (automatically) with InnoExtract, then the fault lies with InnoExtract.
Post edited March 29, 2021 by Timboli
Timboli: Could be some error reported by UnRAR or InnoExtract which has some UnRAR ability I think. I have had the odd failure with InnoExtract where it can't seem to advance from the EXE file to linked BIN file or subsequent BIN files. Could be due to an unsupported RAR version. This is rare in my experience, but has happened for a few users, myself included.

What were you doing to get that? What file and game etc?
I turned off the report files generation, because it creates 1000s of cluttering files. I had it check 700+ games (and DLCs and extras), and one of those 2 messages appeared every time I got ERROR (and not PASSED). In total, arround 85 games/files didn't get a pass.
It's hard to say how many of them are GOG games (I suspect 50-something), because I keep mods and other stuff in those folders too.
1 example:
setup_anno_1404_2.0.0.2.exe (I don't know if it was the unrar or the symbolic link error)

I downloaded the InnoExtract and unrar version that's mentioned in the Notes file.
Post edited March 29, 2021 by teceem
teceem: I turned off the report files generation, because it creates 1000s of cluttering files.
Yeah, they can be a bugger, but handy to check things.

teceem: I had it check 700+ games (and DLCs and extras), and one of those 2 messages appeared every time I got ERROR (and not PASSED). In total, arround 85 games/files didn't get a pass.
It's hard to say how many of them are GOG games (I suspect 50-something), because I keep mods and other stuff in those folders too.
That is a lot. The maximum I have done, is probably around 20 files.

What files failed should also be in the Log file. Just not specifics.

teceem: 1 example:
setup_anno_1404_2.0.0.2.exe (I don't know if it was the unrar or the symbolic link error)
I think I have that one so will try to remember to check tomorrow.

teceem: I downloaded the InnoExtract and unrar version that's mentioned in the Notes file.
They should be fine, though it may be something unsupported by InnoExtract. A future update might work. Or it could just be some error GOG did in the installer.

With the errors I came across, I just processed EXE and BIN files separately, and individually they passed. You'll have to isolate the BIN files from the EXE to do that, and add BIN files individually ... perhaps separated from each other too.
Post edited March 29, 2021 by Timboli