It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FireTiger_86: The GUI itself works, but the console window closes itself whenever I use a function, and nothing happens. This is also the case if no manifest exists. If the script is not present, I can't click any buttons. But it is there, and I can click, only it doesn't work after I click. I can't even log in via the GUI.
Timboli: Sorry, it seems I misunderstood. You are talking about the DOS like console window, which is actually the Python script gogrepo.py running. The script appears to be failing for some reason. Might be library related or cookies related. Is the cookie file (gog-cookies.dat) in the same folder as my GUI, along with gogrepo.py and gog-manifest.dat?
Yes, absolutely. Shall I upload a screenshot of my folder? So you can see that everything is in place (or if I really forgot something, but I don't think I did).
Another reason the console window might close without doing anything, could be due to your selection of options or lack of.
I used the same options as before, and tried a number of different ones. And as I said, I cannot even login via the GUI. But I can login manually with the command prompt (I think that's what the "DOS like console window" is called in English, as I have a German Windows), and the GUI apparently accepts this cookie.
Then again with an unpopulated list, it may be failing purely due to that. You certainly don't have anything to Download or Verify or Update, though an Update ALL should work ... providing the manifest file is suitable.
Ok, from the beginning:
- First, the script worked both from the command prompt and with the GUI, except the game list, which was empty. I could still update the manifest and download and verify files.
- With Python 3.x installed, the script still works from the command prompt, and the manifest it creates doesn't have these "u'" entries it had before. When I start the GUI, the game list works correctly now, however, I cannot use the script itself from the GUI any more. This is also the case if I delete the manifest, I cannot create a new one with the GUI.
- I even tried removing all Pyhton versions and going back to 2.7, but it just won't work any more.
Goodo, then I wonder where the 'u' is coming from?
You have installed all the Python Libraries mentioned?
Yes, I have. And as I said, the "u'" seems to come from Python 2.7, somehow.
Mmmm sounds like we are back to GUI again and not console. The GUI should be able to run at least once, even with an empty list, unless mismatches occur. Subsequent runs it will just close if there was an error on first run ... hence the need to replace all created files and folders.
No, what I meant was what I wrote above: The GUI starts just fine, but I cannot use the script from the GUI.
FireTiger_86: No, what I meant was what I wrote above: The GUI starts just fine, but I cannot use the script from the GUI.
I cannot imagine why that might be other than your AV perhaps preventing it ... one program not allowed to run another.

I have to admit, I just don't understand why you are having this problem. There is some factor outside the norm at play I reckon.

Maybe do that folder screenshot.

FireTiger_86: Yes, I have. And as I said, the "u'" seems to come from Python 2.7, somehow.
That 'u' could very well be library related.

FireTiger_86: When I start the GUI, the game list works correctly now, however, I cannot use the script itself from the GUI any more. This is also the case if I delete the manifest, I cannot create a new one with the GUI.
Definitely something is making the gogrepo.py script crash or not run.

Do you maybe already have it or another Python script running at the time?
Post edited December 22, 2020 by Timboli
Timboli: Do you maybe already have it or another Python script running at the time?
No, I don't think I have.

It's not that important, I have already downloaded everything. but thank you for your help. Maybe it will work again at some point, but who knows.

Edit: I reinstalled Python once again, and now it works...!? Who knows what was going on there... maybe somehow it tried to launch the script with a version that was no longer there? Anyway, I'm not going to touch that again, I'm just glad it's working. :D
Post edited December 22, 2020 by FireTiger_86
FireTiger_86: Edit: I reinstalled Python once again, and now it works...!? Who knows what was going on there... maybe somehow it tried to launch the script with a version that was no longer there? Anyway, I'm not going to touch that again, I'm just glad it's working. :D
Goodo, will keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

It has just occurred to me that maybe the PATH environment wasn't set for Python when it was installed. If I recall rightly you get a checkbox option for that during install, and maybe you did it this time or a reboot had been required.

by PraetorianWolfie
I am running the executable in "Latest_Incomplete" (updated to most recent version in the repository), with the (stable master branch version of Kalanyr's fork for gogrepoc (the dev branch version has some issues, because it gets modified to call some save_titles, load_titles methods that apparently are missing their implementation).
Yep that would likely be the case.

When choosing "Download All" and starting the queue, the process only downloads folder.jpg and the info file (or nothing?) for the games in my library.
There are two methods to DOWNLOAD ALL.
The first is only initiated by the GUI, and once started no longer interacts.
The second should place every game on the queue and you need to manually start the first.
Other than populating the list I've never tried a DOWNLOAD ALL, as by the time my GUI was made I had nearly a thousand games and had downloaded them all anyway. I did initiate downloading at least once, but cancelled almost immediately on successful start.
I'll have to look at the code, and see if recent changes upset something.

Manually selecting and adding the titles one by one in the queue, and then initiating the downloads, works as intended.

Am I missing some option or is this a known issue? I am using an executable under a folder named "latest incomplete" after all.
It sounds like the info needed for downloading, tied to each game, is not being added correctly to the download list, which may be due to recent changes and some aspect I overlooked. That's the problem with putting stuff aside for a while and then coming back to it ... can be too easy to overlook some aspects, especially when adapting for new features.

Also the "Add Stop" button , adds a stop entry in the queue, but it is ignored when the queue reaches it. It just proceeds to the next title in the queue.
Not sure what is happening there, will have to check ... may also be due to an update change, as it was working.

Sorry about all of that.
Post edited December 24, 2020 by Timboli
Timboli: Not sure what is happening there, will have to check ... may also be due to an update change, as it was working.

Sorry about all of that.
Thank you for addressing my questions.

If it helps, I always chose the "second" way (recommended by the app) for the Download All option.

I am actually happy that it's working with the manual way. With the recent update I don't think I've encounter any other issues so far (I am downloading my games for Windows + Linux for the EFIGS languages) in this process (I do know that some options are expected to not work yet).

Oh, and thank you for you work!
Happy holidays!
Post edited December 24, 2020 by PraetorianWolfie
PraetorianWolfie: Oh, and thank you for you work!
Happy holidays!
No worries, and thanks for trying it, giving feedback and your good words.

I will address those issues shortly ... after Xmas no doubt. :)
Hey Timboli, a quick question.

I use innoextract manually to check downloaded GOG installers like this:

innoextract.exe -t "path\to\installer\file.exe"

So far I haven't encountered any error messages or anything suspicious.

Is this the correct usage? Or should I also include -gog in the command line? I am asking mostly because innoextract seems to automatically recognize GOG installers (it displays the game title upon start) so I thought that the -gog switch could be redundant. Note that I only check pure offline installers (non-galaxy and also no extras).

I haven't yet tested your tool but when I do I will post feedback for sure :)
Post edited December 28, 2020 by Panaias
Panaias: Hey Timboli, a quick question.

I use innoextract manually to check downloaded GOG installers like this:

innoextract.exe -t "path\to\installer\file.exe"

So far I haven't encountered any error messages or anything suspicious.

Is this the correct usage? Or should I also include -gog in the command line? I am asking mostly because innoextract seems to automatically recognize GOG installers (it displays the game title upon start) so I thought that the -gog switch could be redundant. Note that I only check pure offline installers (non-galaxy and also no extras).

I haven't yet tested your tool but when I do I will post feedback for sure :)
If my memory serves me correctly, using the -gog parameter tells it to also check BIN files with the same name as the EXE file. You can double check that by looking at the console output, which indicates when a BIN file has been opened for checking. It can be a long slow testing process for large and many BIN files.

P.S. A few of us have come across BIN files that refuse to be checked and so you get an error. This appears to be RAR related, and in every case I have checked the BIN file separately with UnRAR, they have been reported as okay, so not entirely sure why InnoExtract spits the dummy ... maybe something it doesn't support RAR wise.
Post edited December 28, 2020 by Timboli
Timboli: If my memory serves me correctly, using the -gog parameter tells it to also check BIN files with the same name as the EXE file. You can double check that by looking at the console output, which indicates when a BIN file has been opened for checking. It can be a long slow testing process for large and many BIN files.

P.S. A few of us have come across BIN files that refuse to be checked and so you get an error. This appears to be RAR related, and in every case I have checked the BIN file separately with UnRAR, they have been reported as okay, so not entirely sure why InnoExtract spits the dummy ... maybe something it doesn't support RAR wise.
Yep, as I can see in the console it automatically opens *.bin files without specifying the -gog switch, so it seemingly works out of the box.

Thanks for your info. I wish you and your loved ones health and happiness!
Panaias: Yep, as I can see in the console it automatically opens *.bin files without specifying the -gog switch, so it seemingly works out of the box.

Thanks for your info. I wish you and your loved ones health and happiness!
In the manual for the --gog parameter, it says - Process additional archives from GOG.com installers
Not real sure what that means, but maybe an instruction to check MD5 values stored for the BIN file content.

Same to you and your loved ones.
Post edited December 28, 2020 by Timboli
Timboli: In the manual for the --gog parameter, it says - Process additional archives from GOG.com installers
Not real sure what that means, but maybe an instruction to check MD5 values stored for the BIN file content.

Same to you and your loved ones.
So, If you try to change the download folder to any folder with a space, it errors out. You have to manually add quotation marks around the folder in the settings.ini. I have not checked to see if this has been covered. This is in the 1.0 version of the main GUI (not simple)

EDIT: And running the manifest update caused it to loop the manifest update. I had to manually stop it from updating the entire manifest a second time.
Post edited December 29, 2020 by paladin181
paladin181: So, If you try to change the download folder to any folder with a space, it errors out. You have to manually add quotation marks around the folder in the settings.ini. I have not checked to see if this has been covered. This is in the 1.0 version of the main GUI (not simple)
I may have overlooked that, because my path doesn't have any spaces. Sometimes we forget the simple coding issues.

paladin181: EDIT: And running the manifest update caused it to loop the manifest update. I had to manually stop it from updating the entire manifest a second time.
Not sure what is going on there, what you are doing to get that. Can you give some specifics of options selected etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've now looked into a couple of the other issues.

(1) Insert of STOP not working - This was due to incomplete code, which I have completed now. I don't recall at this date, whether that state was deliberate or I just got distracted at a crucial moment and ended up forgetting to do all the code. I suspect I may have put it off, then forgot, because I needed to make changes as well, and implement a different approach to cover various scenarios. This completion includes bugfixes to related features.

(2) DOWNLOAD ALL (Method Two) - This hadn't been adapted for the forked version, or maybe later changes I made ... most likely meaning it may not even work now with the original gogrepo.py. I still need to address this, so it hasn't been fixed yet in the latest available incomplete and uploaded update.

I've also fixed some other issues in passing, mostly of a reporting visual nature.

My apologies for these issues or bugs. The program has become quite complex code wise, and there has been some interruptions to continuity, which means elements inevitably suffer because of what is being kept and juggled in my head. Unintended long breaks from coding are the real killer, and their very nature means I don't get around to notes.
Timboli: I may have overlooked that, because my path doesn't have any spaces. Sometimes we forget the simple coding issues.

Not sure what is going on there, what you are doing to get that. Can you give some specifics of options selected etc.

(1) Insert of STOP not working - This was due to incomplete code, which I have completed now. I don't recall at this date, whether that state was deliberate or I just got distracted at a crucial moment and ended up forgetting to do all the code. I suspect I may have put it off, then forgot, because I needed to make changes as well, and implement a different approach to cover various scenarios. This completion includes bugfixes to related features.

(2) DOWNLOAD ALL (Method Two) - This hadn't been adapted for the forked version, or maybe later changes I made ... most likely meaning it may not even work now with the original gogrepo.py. I still need to address this, so it hasn't been fixed yet in the latest available incomplete and uploaded update.

I've also fixed some other issues in passing, mostly of a reporting visual nature.

My apologies for these issues or bugs. The program has become quite complex code wise, and there has been some interruptions to continuity, which means elements inevitably suffer because of what is being kept and juggled in my head. Unintended long breaks from coding are the real killer, and their very nature means I don't get around to notes.
It's all cool. I was just filing bug reports in case you hadn't been made aware. I'm not bugging you to fix it, I still have my batch files that work great. I was just trying to test for you, which ultimately, I can do some. I lack the ability to code extensively, but I have forgotten more than I know now about manipulating files and such. I feel so old these days...
paladin181: So, If you try to change the download folder to any folder with a space, it errors out. You have to manually add quotation marks around the folder in the settings.ini. I have not checked to see if this has been covered. This is in the 1.0 version of the main GUI (not simple)
Timboli: I may have overlooked that, because my path doesn't have any spaces. Sometimes we forget the simple coding issues.

paladin181: EDIT: And running the manifest update caused it to loop the manifest update. I had to manually stop it from updating the entire manifest a second time.
Timboli: Not sure what is going on there, what you are doing to get that. Can you give some specifics of options selected etc.

Thank you for the fixes and your work!

Please do not feel pressured to work on any issues I've reported (or may report in the future). I just have the time to test this and I think this GUI wrapper will be more user friendly than command line. However, I can switch to command line if that is required (it has not been so far) for what I want to do.

I know how it is with large python scripts. I am "guilty" of writing quite a few of those ones myself, and they have always been difficult to maintain (in my case especially because they were scripts written for practical quick solutions with no consideration for maintainability :D ).