It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

muntdefems: Humble codes usually take more time for me too, but never up to half an hour (more like 1-2 minutes, which is still irritating).
GOG has been very fast and easy for me... Humble though. used it for the first time during the last big sale they had. Good god there servers must have been going at a crawl because it took forever to get a code.
muntdefems: Humble codes usually take more time for me too, but never up to half an hour (more like 1-2 minutes, which is still irritating).
It's 1-2 minutes on a very good day for me. 10 minutes on average and up to half an hour on bad days (which are not really rare). I hardly use Humble any more, because of this shitty security system.
So, erm... This thread gave us all a heads up.
The email told us all & we could turn it off or on prior to today.

Why the hell did they have to add a banner above that permanent (cringe) Galaxy banner nagging if "is this your email...?" what loading GOG? o0
BKGaming: GOG has been very fast and easy for me... Humble though. used it for the first time during the last big sale they had. Good god there servers must have been going at a crawl because it took forever to get a code.
Whenever I feel I can't wait anymore for Humble's code I just click the 're-send code' button. This must somehow de-clog their pipes as both emails (the original one, and the re-send) usually arrive immediately. :P
I already had two-steps enabled :D
fishbaits: Why the hell did they have to add a banner above that permanent (cringe) Galaxy banner nagging if "is this your email...?" what loading GOG? o0
Last warning.

For those who missed the email & forums.
Post edited October 24, 2016 by clarry
fishbaits: Why the hell did they have to add a banner above that permanent (cringe) Galaxy banner nagging if "is this your email...?" what loading GOG? o0
clarry: Last warning.

For those who missed the email & forums.
Make a bit more sense if it was just shown to those that hadn't already dealt with it.
But this is the GOG site... ;)
BKGaming: GOG has been very fast and easy for me... Humble though. used it for the first time during the last big sale they had. Good god there servers must have been going at a crawl because it took forever to get a code.
muntdefems: Whenever I feel I can't wait anymore for Humble's code I just click the 're-send code' button. This must somehow de-clog their pipes as both emails (the original one, and the re-send) usually arrive immediately. :P
I did that... and it still took forever. Then I kept getting email after email from them. Lol
PaterAlf: Surprise, surprise! The opt-out option didn't work and I had to go through two-step authentication to log in today.
Two-steps are enabled in batches and then users who opted out are removed from the batch. There is a possibility, for users who login very often and also clear cookies or disabled auto-login differently, to see two-step window once or twice.
low rated
You people are hilarious. One more step of security and you all freak the hell out.
Is it really that much of a chore to log into your mail and look for a single-use code once in a while?
Would you rather have shitty security because you're so lazy?
Post edited October 24, 2016 by JesperU
fishbaits: Make a bit more sense if it was just shown to those that hadn't already dealt with it.
But this is the GOG site... ;)
Verifying email is not only useful for those who enable two-step but for all users (you don't need two-step to get locked out of your account due to a typo). And all it takes to hide this notification is a single click - is it really such a problem?
Post edited October 24, 2016 by Destro
Destro: Verifying email is not only useful for those who enable two-step but for all users (you don't need two-step to get locked out of your account due to a typo). And all it takes to hide this notification is a single click - is it really such a problem?
It might be....
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/page21

Seems to be some sort of weird bug on the front page in some browsers, it may well be connected.
low rated
- I'm stupid -
Post edited October 24, 2016 by JesperU
adaliabooks: snip
JesperU: You could just leave, y'know?
Why would I want to?
And what does that have to do with what I posted?
Destro: Verifying email is not only useful for those who enable two-step but for all users (you don't need two-step to get locked out of your account due to a typo). And all it takes to hide this notification is a single click - is it really such a problem?
adaliabooks: It might be....
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/page21

Seems to be some sort of weird bug on the front page in some browsers, it may well be connected.
Yeah, that message reappears everytime I open the gog.com website. It gets annoying to be asked if your email is correct for 10th time in a row.