It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Timboli: That they are all dark and you can barely see any detail.

Great reviews though and thanks for your recommendation.

If they were better screenshots I would have maybe bought it already at its last sale price.

What a difference a screenshot makes ...... at least for me ... they are part of my formula for making a decision to buy.
I skip through youtube walkthroughs, while keeping in mind that the video isn't going to be anywhere near as good as it will be when I'm playing it in 3840x2160.
Post edited April 16, 2018 by finkleroy
Andrey82: No, there will be gifts for some members of community, but not for all.
Nalkoden: That seems elitist and assholish.
Yes, a good way to make some customers feel excluded, if that's the case. Let's hope it isn't.
Bah, anyway, like almost every sale recently, 90% of my wishlist is not discounted.

And no, I don't wishlist AAA recent games like Kingdome Come.

Underwhelming.

And in addition, if GOG gives free games to only selected members, that's bad (even if I am one of the chosen ones).
Nalkoden: That seems elitist and assholish.
wasp08: Yes, a good way to make some customers feel excluded, if that's the case. Let's hope it isn't.
According to this post of GOG's crew member (from polish forum):
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_pl/pytania/post3

Games "will be given" amongst all users who had at least one game on their wishlist. So it seems that all who have anything on their wishlist (plus those technical things which were already mentioned about your accont's settings) should receive something nice... :)
Post edited April 16, 2018 by MartiusR
Timboli: That they are all dark and you can barely see any detail.
Well, it *is* a very dark game. After all, most of it takes place at the bottom of the ocean. However, you're free to adjust the gamma more towards the brighter side. Graphics-wise the engine seems a bit stuck in the Doom 3-era, but there's a lot of attention to detail, which give the interiors a feel of an actual place that actual people live(d) in. There's tons of items strewn about everywhere, most of which you can pick up and examine, that tell you about the characters. Regardless of any technological shortcomings of SOMA's engine, the exteriors are nothing short of goregous.
MartiusR: According to this post of GOG's crew member (from polish forum):

Games "will be given" amongst all users who had at least one game on their wishlist. So it seems that all who have anything on their wishlist (plus those technical things which were already mentioned about your accont's settings) should receive something nice... :)
Did they really say that "all" users with wishlists should receive something? The Google translate just says "users", which could also mean just some of them, chosen at random.
fronzelneekburm: Well, it *is* a very dark game. After all, most of it takes place at the bottom of the ocean. However, you're free to adjust the gamma more towards the brighter side. Graphics-wise the engine seems a bit stuck in the Doom 3-era, but there's a lot of attention to detail, which give the interiors a feel of an actual place that actual people live(d) in. There's tons of items strewn about everywhere, most of which you can pick up and examine, that tell you about the characters. Regardless of any technological shortcomings of SOMA's engine, the exteriors are nothing short of goregous.
I realize that, but previews, which are not full screen, should be a bit brighter to make up for that. I am sure that not everything in the game is so dark either. Anyway, against my custom, I watched 4 of the videos ... usually prefer making a decision without the propaganda and hype of most videos.

Doom 3 is a good thing in my book.

But hey, I like to take a risk (albeit an educated one) now and then, so I will probably grab the game now. It wasn't on my shortlist, but seems pretty decent all said and done. Thanks all for the recommendations.
Leroux: Did they really say that "all" users with wishlists should receive something? The Google translate just says "users", which could also mean just some of them, chosen at random.
It's: all users with at least one game on their wishlist have a chance to get something for free.
wasp08: Yes, a good way to make some customers feel excluded, if that's the case. Let's hope it isn't.

To me 'amongst' means a random selection and not everyone.

GR00T: To me 'amongst' means a random selection and not everyone.
Yes, there will be presents for only selected users. Another confirmation:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_pl/bnajbardziej_pozadane_gry_ponad_150_gier_do_85b_f394e/post4
Zapowiadane prezenty trafią do wybranych graczy jeszcze dzisiaj! :)
"Announced gifts will go to selected gamers today!"
Lexor: Yes, there will be presents for only selected users. Another confirmation:
*sigh* Polish side gets all the love.....

;)
Lexor: "Announced gifts will go to selected gamers today!"
*chuckle* My translate came up with "Billed gifts..."

Yes, I realize it's automated and translating between languages is hard, even for fresh and blood folks. I just thought it was funny....
Post edited April 16, 2018 by drmike
drmike: *sigh* Polish side gets all the love.....

;)
Well, it seems really weird for me. This is the first time I see something like this.
finkleroy: Where did you hear this? They should have done it before starting the sale. I don't want to get a game for free that I just bought.
amrit9037: Well, I still believe in GOG.
Active members will definitely get the wish granted.
But how do you define "active members"?
Not_you: But how do you define "active members"?
People doing sports?
amrit9037: Well, I still believe in GOG.
Active members will definitely get the wish granted.
Not_you: But how do you define "active members"?
According to GOG's explanation it is: "all users with at least one game on their wishlist".

edit: GOG's gifts will go to selected active members, not to all of them.
Post edited April 16, 2018 by Lexor